Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    7e78q1nmb3em.png

:D

I named my first gaze kitgun Theatre Genius after Patrick Stewart, and my second one Grossly Incandescent because of the memes surrounding Wisp's ult. Grossly Incandescent has the better parts, but I'm sticking with the sun/fire theme colors so it clashes with all of my fashion frame (white/green/purple/copper)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Yeah my problem is I picked Loki when he was a starter frame and now that I came back to the game from playing PS4 version, I'm stuck with him. I'm trying to replace him but not having any RNG luck as always.

I need to play Rockband for an hour or two but if you're still around when I hop on Warframe I can take you Excalibur or Rhino farming.

Personally I recommend Rhino for clearing the starmap just from a "fuck off I'm just trying to get this done" standpoint.

I got all of Excalibur parts and only took about 17 tries. Now I need a fucking Control Module. I have 2 of Rhino's and couldn't get the last piece to drop. I appreciate the offer of help and I'll chat up the Clan/Alliance channel next time I'm on.

It's just alot of me whining as I had Prime Rhino, Prime Nyx, Khora, Ocatavia, Prime Trinity, Excalibur, Mag, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. Inara! So being stuck with only 1 Frame is making playing less fun on PC for that part. But having more people active in Clan/Alliance is definitely a good thing!

If you need Control Modules make sure you're farming the Void, they has the best drop chance there.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    That's odd, I went back to Fortuna half-way through and it saved my progress just fine. Did you exit through the menu or go back down the elevator?

Elevator. I don’t abort out of the plains or Vallis as it is/was flagging as a quit mission.

The Nightwave screen doesn’t update until I go back to the orbiter when on Vallis, so I assumed it was that. It just stopped tracking progress, and only for the weekly. Exited back to the orbiter, went down again and did another perfect capture and confirmed the progress was just lost.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That's odd, I went back to Fortuna half-way through and it saved my progress just fine. Did you exit through the menu or go back down the elevator?

Elevator. I don’t abort out of the plains or Vallis as it is/was flagging as a quit mission.

The Nightwave screen doesn’t update until I go back to the orbiter when on Vallis, so I assumed it was that. It just stopped tracking progress, and only for the weekly. Exited back to the orbiter, went down again and did another perfect capture and confirmed the progress was just lost.

I think the issue is you have to different perfect captures. I'm at 4 right now despite doing 6 captures. I think white/dunn male and female virminks. I did head back into Fortuna, but that was after the third and it counted my first.

Maybe need to capture some of those little rat dudes that the cheaper lures were for. But i haven't seen any tracking points for them either.

Also wish the game had told me echo lures were reusable. I bought 5 of the little ones. It should warn you or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I think the issue is you have to different perfect captures. I'm at 4 right now despite doing 6 captures. I think white/dunn male and female virminks. I did head back into Fortuna, but that was after the third and it counted my first.

Maybe need to capture some of those little rat dudes that the cheaper lures were for. But i haven't seen any tracking points for them either.

Also wish the game had told me echo lures were reusable. I bought 5 of the little ones. It should warn you or something.

Yeah, when I was doing the captures I didn't notice at first it says different captures, so you can't just do 6 Kubrow, you have to do basically one of each animal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Pretty sure I got perfect on a white virmink and some other dudes (forgot which ones) the first run in the Vallis, then when I went back I got a perfect on another white virmink, and it counted. so if it's uniques then it may be per session? I guess to stop you from just running two sets of pobbers and calling it a day? IDK. Once it's done I'll just go back to ignoring the mechanic, purging my memory of this experience and being annoyed by the same things again. :pop:

edit: tagged a red virm, white virm and kubrodon with perfects the first run.

also remembered how much I hated capturing the birds. one trail spawned and took me across lake fortuna, but the mushrooms it frequented were on the other shore from where the call point was and they were really high up too and their hit boxes are awful and patrols and slashy dude ambushes just... ugh... this should have been an elite weekly for all the annoyance.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular
    Note that different variations of the same animal (i.e., Spotted Bolarola vs. Black-Banded Bolarola) count as different captures. So you don't need to buy six echo-lures to complete the challenge, but you probably have to do several runs with the same lure to catch the different variants.

• Options
    For real though, how do i get it to show me tracking points for animals that aren't virminks? They're cute but i need something different.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    For real though, how do i get it to show me tracking points for animals that aren't virminks? They're cute but i need something different.

If you have an echo lure out, it only shows you those tracks. Switch lures to see a different set.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Equipp a lure. Then it will show you the map points for the creature associated with that lure.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I definitely finished the weekly with only virminks. Janky quest, mate.

• Options

Equipp a lure. Then it will show you the map points for the creature associated with that lure.

really? I see nodes of all types on the minimap regardless of what lure I have equipped. I believe the animals are dependent on the area you're in. (open spaces = virmink), (rocky = stupid armadillo), (shrooms = stupid birds), etc.

• Options

really? I see nodes of all types on the minimap regardless of what lure I have equipped. I believe the animals are dependent on the area you're in. (open spaces = virmink), (rocky = stupid armadillo), (shrooms = stupid birds), etc.

No, it's pretty much random. There are two stages to equipping the lure, first is to equip the tranq gun, when you look at the map with just the gun equipped you see all the markers. When you equip a lure (my default is pressing 2 while the gun is active and picking a specific animal) you equip the lure which lets out the cry to attract the animal, when you check the map with that active you only see markers for that specific animal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

No, it's pretty much random. There are two stages to equipping the lure, first is to equip the tranq gun, when you look at the map with just the gun equipped you see all the markers. When you equip a lure (my default is pressing 2 while the gun is active and picking a specific animal) you equip the lure which lets out the cry to attract the animal, when you check the map with that active you only see markers for that specific animal.

hm. interesting. I just equip the gun and go to the nearest node, then choose the lure based off that.

• Options
    I have virmink and little rat dude whose names i can't remember lures in my quickbar in the lower right, but when I equip my tranqs, the only markers i see in the entire Fortuna zone are the 3 or 4 virminks that exist at any given time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Yay, I finally have an Excalibur and Rhino cooking.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Is there a trick to doing the Natah quest prerequisite?
    The first time I saw the drones I guess I got too close and they bounced before I could scan them. Now I've done five missions where the blue flashes appear but I haven't seen the drones anywhere.

mccart on
  • Options
    mccart wrote: »
    The first time I saw the drones I guess I got too close and they bounced before I could scan them. Now I've done five missions where the blue flashes appear but I haven't seen the drones anywhere.

Equip Helios would be my suggestion, I can't recall how I did it, but did have Helios as my companion for most of my questing/leveling time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

Equip Helios would be my suggestion, I can't recall how I did it, but did have Helios as my companion for most of my questing/leveling time.

Helios should do the trick.

Do you have enemy radar and/or primal instinct for radar? They will give you more of a lead before you're on top of them.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I'll have to make a Helios, all I have now are Taxon and the dog.

The radar is a good idea, I think I have some nightwave credits left so I can try that.

*edit:

I guess complaining helped I did another mission and I had no trouble at all, not sure what was different this time.

It's double credits this weekend if folks didn't know, starts at 2 pacific today if I'm not mistaken.

mccart on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I'll have to make a Helios, all I have now are Taxon and the dog.

The radar is a good idea, I think I have some nightwave credits left so I can try that.

*edit:

I guess complaining helped I did another mission and I had no trouble at all, not sure what was different this time.

It's double credits this weekend if folks didn't know, starts at 2 pacific today if I'm not mistaken.

IIRC, they also make a noise, don't recall if it's locational though.

you'll want to note that for when you don't want to be involved with them.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Ohhh apparently I bought pheromone synthesizers instead of echo lures for other animal. That explains that.

Also the bonus credits thing is actually live now. Huzzah!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pobbers are impossible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Pobbers are impossible.

Tips for pobbers:

1) don't forget that they'll come from where the sound is made.

2) get up high to get them if you can.

3) try and get the pobber in the back first, then the ones in front.

edit: up high a miss is less likely to make the pobbers get spooked, or will just spook one, in my experience.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Rant time - so you all are aware I’m dumb and stuck in Loki. I can’t beat Valkyr at the Ceres junction to get to Jupiter. I’ve tried invisible+melee , invis plus various weapons, switch invis melee. I can barely scratch her. I don’t have the right mods to get uhm anything but magnetic dmg. I guess I can wait till Excalibur and radial blind melee death combo. So frustrating!

End rant.

What/where before Jupiter would be a good place to make credit with the weekend buff?

Also also. I ran plains a bit and got 2 of 3 Gara on 4 missions. I had to leave to do parent stuff but have plans on going back to try for mods and the last part.

Lastly. Orb Vallis? I did the quest and I’ve opened it up but not gone back yet. Is there anything worth going back for? And that radio chick that pops up and gives little mission/whatever’s like today I had to kill 150 things with my primary weapon. What’s that for? I noticed I got 1000 of something.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Rant time - so you all are aware I’m dumb and stuck in Loki. I can’t beat Valkyr at the Ceres junction to get to Jupiter. I’ve tried invisible+melee , invis plus various weapons, switch invis melee. I can barely scratch her. I don’t have the right mods to get uhm anything but magnetic dmg. I guess I can wait till Excalibur and radial blind melee death combo. So frustrating!

End rant.

What/where before Jupiter would be a good place to make credit with the weekend buff?

Also also. I ran plains a bit and got 2 of 3 Gara on 4 missions. I had to leave to do parent stuff but have plans on going back to try for mods and the last part.

Lastly. Orb Vallis? I did the quest and I’ve opened it up but not gone back yet. Is there anything worth going back for? And that radio chick that pops up and gives little mission/whatever’s like today I had to kill 150 things with my primary weapon. What’s that for? I noticed I got 1000 of something.

I had a huge amount of trouble with her as a Valkyr. What I found was that, while she's death at close range, her semiautomatics do chip damage from across the room. So, the challenge becomes slowly (very slowly do to all the invisibility powers) wearing her down at range while constantly positioning yourself so she doesn't get close enough to slaughter you with guns or melee.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    Pobbers are impossible.

Tips for pobbers:

1) don't forget that they'll come from where the sound is made.

2) get up high to get them if you can.

3) try and get the pobber in the back first, then the ones in front.

edit: up high a miss is less likely to make the pobbers get spooked, or will just spook one, in my experience.

I finally got them, once I learned that they don't spook based on smell at all. All the terrain I was encountering them in the wind was completely unfavorable for hiding from their sight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

End rant.

The radio thing is Nightwave, which is a multi week event where the radio host tells a story and gives daily and weekly goals for standing. Every time you hit 10k standing with her you get a reward. Some of the reward tiers are items, some are a currency you can spend with her to buy things. She sells aura mods, cosmetics, and stuff. Some the other reward tiers are mods, inventory slots, 3packs of forma. etc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    The Dark Sector defense mission on Ceres (Seimeini, I think) pays a bonus of 20K credits when you finish. With the booster, you can clear fifty grand in ten waves.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Dark Sector defense mission on Ceres (Seimeini, I think) pays a bonus of 20K credits when you finish. With the booster, you can clear fifty grand in ten waves.
    Or 40 grand in 5.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Is there anything in this game that feels as good as getting a crit headshot on that one executioner and instasoaking him for 360 wetness? I posit there is not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Or 40 grand in 5.

This, there are always teams grinding this, so leave yourself open to public and just do the 5waves and no more over and over. Tons of cash, especially this weekend

Also for valkyr I dunno if you can get mag yet but mags 2 makes the fight trivial. I had the worst time trying to do it with rhino.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Oh thank the Lord I don't much want those mods
    And don't let me poop on everyone's time, go have fun in the pool!

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    you can go to space for ~100,00k (after taxes)?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I can't imagine doing hunting without Ivara. Sleep arrow is almost cheating for pobbers.

• Options
    Or 40 grand in 5.

Or 100k in 5 as I bought a 3 day booster to double it! So if anyone wants to run Seimeni with me anytime this weekend hit me up! My wife may/will be with me most the time.

I'm going to go peek at this Beach thing, and maybe try to ride the coattails of people.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Or 40 grand in 5.

Or 100k in 5 as I bought a 3 day booster to double it! So if anyone wants to run Seimeni with me anytime this weekend hit me up! My wife may/will be with me most the time.

I'm going to go peek at this Beach thing, and maybe try to ride the coattails of people.

The nice thing about the beach thing, is warframes and weapons dont matter, you get given everything. So anybody can participate.

It's actually a nice change of pace, where your performance is based off of your personal skill as opposed to what you brought.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
This discussion has been closed.