As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Haven't been playing in a while, can somebody give me the rundown of the event that is going on right now? I believe that it has 5 more days (on the Switch) and I wanna know if I should take the hit on my cellular data (since I would have to use a hotspot) to do these missions. I mean how much/long are the missions and can I cheese them, solo if needs be, to get the goodies.

I'm already behind the eight ball on Nightwave and gonna have to do a ton of catching up when I get my internet sorted at the end of the month.

Also, I saw someone mention a color pallet ... It's not one of those 'cheap' pallets for like 1 credit or something ... Right? RIGHT? I took a quick look earlier today but didn't stick around to find out/it.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    They're times 5 minute single round missions and you can absolutely cheese them.

There's a grineer wagon stuffed with beach ball floofs and you can literally climb inside and crouch and the enemies can't find/shoot you.

• Options
    My cat just leaped at my monitor and spent two solid minutes batting at Titania's butterflies

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Haven't been playing in a while, can somebody give me the rundown of the event that is going on right now? I believe that it has 5 more days (on the Switch) and I wanna know if I should take the hit on my cellular data (since I would have to use a hotspot) to do these missions. I mean how much/long are the missions and can I cheese them, solo if needs be, to get the goodies.

I'm already behind the eight ball on Nightwave and gonna have to do a ton of catching up when I get my internet sorted at the end of the month.

Also, I saw someone mention a color pallet ... It's not one of those 'cheap' pallets for like 1 credit or something ... Right? RIGHT? I took a quick look earlier today but didn't stick around to find out/it.

There are two limited-time palettes, one that you can get with a relatively reasonable amount of the event currency and another that you can only get from the store with platinum.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    They're times 5 minute single round missions and you can absolutely cheese them.

There's a grineer wagon stuffed with beach ball floofs and you can literally climb inside and crouch and the enemies can't find/shoot you.

That said, you have play for real to unlock the 4th tier where the cheesing is most efficient, ( and also to get the rewards listed in the alert, which are not in the currency store) because it's tied to the total number of kills you got. But if you do it in a group, all the groups kills count toward your ticker so should only take a few rounds.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Thanks my PA peeps. Hmmm, sounds doable. I'm probably going to try later today. Are we building an event currency again? Also, who are we turning that currency into? I'm hoping enough people are still playing the event on Switch since the last part sounds like you may want to either PUG it or get really good at taking out the 'enemies'.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Yeah, there's an event currency. You get a set amount per (50 at the 4th difficulty tier) and a draw counts as a win. You turn them to the kid on Cetus who sells masks.

It's 300 for the color palette, 200 for the mods, there's some floofs that start at 300, and a captura scene for 1000.

I think 4050 total if you want to buy literally everything.

As far as getting kills soaks, once you get the hang of the gun it's pretty easy. Getting 25-35 per round seems standard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    It's a captura scene, but given DE has done some pretty PassAggy stuff in the past it could have been real.
    d64gwrbpzze31.jpg

Reddit

edit: reading further they actually DID put in a hotfix, but looks like only PC?
    • Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls!
    • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert!

edit2: looks like it's personal kills, not team kills that give you extra pearls, as evidenced by the cries of "killstealers!" on the thread.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Huh per the comments there they added pearls per kill? That helps.
    Also yeah, given how much of the end game seems to center around finding power and weapon combos that completely trivialize fights, I'm not sure they're too upset about it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Is there a way to get bond debts in Fortuna without doing bounties?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Is there a way to get bond debts in Fortuna without doing bounties?

You can buy semi random bundles from Ticker. The lower level bundles just cost credits. She gets new bundles every few hours.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    After doing 4 runs at getting Trinity she's now in the oven. Don't know why I was putting this one off, it was actually pretty easy.

That means I am only missing Vauban Prime from the exisiting warframes.

Hopefully he's in the next unvaulting.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    /goes ahead and splurges on an affinity booster bc I want Focus faster
    /also gets a booster in the daily!

/ppl keep leaving ESO at round 3

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Did I just get lucky, or are the Hyenas not super hard to solo?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    After doing 4 runs at getting Trinity she's now in the oven. Don't know why I was putting this one off, it was actually pretty easy.

You did it without me!?

*runs away crying*

*remembers still need Harrow parts*

*crying fades into the abyss*

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

You did it without me!?

*runs away crying*

That's your fault for not literally being on at all hours.

We should definitely knock out Harrow tonight.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

*insane cackling*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Hi guys! I finally decided to give this game a proper shot and I've sunk pretty deep. Could I get an invite to the PC clan? Character/account name is bordnerg.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I've been messing around with Pax Soar, and it doesn't do what it claims to do. It says that it's an alternative to Patagium with some extra bonuses. It actually turns you into super-Zephyr for a short time every time you shoot. It does some really weird things to the movement physics, including letting you rocket yourself up with double jumps and letting you shift the glide gravity low enough that you can continue gliding long after you should be plummeting to the floor.

edit: That did show up on the patch notes in the Profit Taker update, so it is intended, just undocumented.

What's probably unintended is the fact that if you're using a kitgun with Pax Charge and pull out an archgun, the archgun will become battery powered too.

edit: Hmm, can't reproduce the archgun thing again. It did happen on the Vallis, I wonder if the availability of archwings was a factor there...

jothki on
  • Options
    I've watched half an hour of guides on Focus, and while I now know where and how to farm, I don't feel like I understand the system any better. I've had a lens equipped since I finished the Second Dream the other day, but I don't seem to be earning any Focus - all of the nodes in all of the schools are are locked and it's not at all clear what I'm supposed to do to make use of this system. Can someone give me a rundown on how I kick this off and how it all works?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    I've watched half an hour of guides on Focus, and while I now know where and how to farm, I don't feel like I understand the system any better. I've had a lens equipped since I finished the Second Dream the other day, but I don't seem to be earning any Focus - all of the nodes in all of the schools are are locked and it's not at all clear what I'm supposed to do to make use of this system. Can someone give me a rundown on how I kick this off and how it all works?

You have to also complete The War Within i believe to start actually earning focus.
    Which is of course dumb since you unlock it before then and at neither time does the game actually tell you anything about it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Additionally, Focus is only earned by items that have a Lens equipped and at max rank (and it only applies to the school that the Lens is part of). Focus is split the same way Affinity/xp is split, 25% to your current Warframe, and 75% split evenly between your Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapons. If you have a Lens equipped on a weapon, unequipping other weapons will increase the rate at which Focus is earned. Lastly, the grade of Lens equipped determines how much Focus is earned. Regular Lenses are 1.25% Affinity converted to Focus, Greater Lenses are 1.75%, and Eidolon Lenses are 2.25%.

Regulars can be awarded through bounties on the Plains of Eidolon. Greaters can be built from blueprints purchasable on the market (or purchasable outright for plat). Eidolon Lenses are built with blueprints dropped from tier 5 bounties on the Plains, and substantial material investment.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Why you cannot earn focus on a non max rank item at the same time, or just... y'know... gain focus w/o a lens simply finger-gunning about continues to baffle me.

or at least make that amp contribute a lot more...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Why you cannot earn focus on a non max rank item at the same time, or just... y'know... gain focus w/o a lens simply finger-gunning about continues to baffle me.

or at least make that amp contribute a lot more...

It is completely mind boggling that doing the stuff focus enables does not generate focus.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The daily Focus cap is something hilarious like 125k. I have never in my life come close to earning that. But then I've only had access to that mode for around six months, and have a whole three abilities unlocked.

• Options
    The daily Focus cap is something hilarious like 125k. I have never in my life come close to earning that. But then I've only had access to that mode for around six months, and have a whole three abilities unlocked.

It's 250k.

It feels like they're making fun of me with a number that high.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I guessed a number and I was literally 50% of the real number? Madness!

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    in old Draco farming I got the daily cap several times

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Aw dammit, you can't Gild K-drives? I was hoping that'd be a simple way to knock out the Gilding challenge. guess that's another I'm leaving alone.

*edit*

So uh

Nightwave's story actually seems to have updated today.

@Commander Zoom , you'll be pleased to know that you're (probably) right about things.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Usually am.
    [/eeyore]

• Options

It's 250k.

It feels like they're making fun of me with a number that high.

It goes up as you raise MR, something like an extra 10K per MR level.

I can only remember hitting it a couple of times, but those days were on 2x affinity weekends when I also had an affinity booster running so was getting 4x affinity.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I should point out that if you get kills with a warframe ability, 100% of that focus experience goes to the frame. Weapon kills are 50% weapons/50% frame. It's when you get shared experience that it goes 25% frame and 75% weapons.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I should point out that if you get kills with a warframe ability, 100% of that focus experience goes to the frame. Weapon kills are 50% weapons/50% frame. It's when you get shared experience that it goes 25% frame and 75% weapons.

Yup. If you're grouping a lot it's not much of a difference, since unless you're hard carrying the bulk of your affinity will come from other people, but for soloing it's super noticeable when your crap pistol you never use gets 50 affinity at the end of a mission from having grabbed 1 pickup.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    This is why your first lens should probably go on a frame with the ability to kill, like Saryn. Then jump in to (E)SO and go to town!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    You can hit the cap daily but it pretty much requires grinding Elite Sanctuary Onslaught over and over.

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    This is why your first lens should probably go on a frame with the ability to kill, like Saryn. Then jump in to (E)SO and go to town!

My suggestion is to put lenses on the frames and weapons you use most often so you passively gain focus as you do missions. I rarely use Saryn so the lens on her is kind of a waste, but the ones I have on Nezha, Mesa and Hildryn or the one on my melee zaw which I never unequip are where the majority of my focus comes from.

Also, I never made farming focus a priority since I don't really like ESO so am happy when it does get me something extra but it's one of those grinds I'm happy to mostly ignore.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I put greater lenses on all the frames I plan to keep (Zenurik, mostly, but e.g. Madurai on Ember, Vazarin on Hydroid, etc) and regular lenses on the weapons.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I put greater lenses on all the frames I plan to keep (Zenurik, mostly, but e.g. Madurai on Ember, Vazarin on Hydroid, etc) and regular lenses on the weapons.

I put greater lenses on everything, and eidolon lenses on whatever I happen to be using a lot at the time

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019

You did it without me!?

*runs away crying*

That's your fault for not literally being on at all hours.

hey did you guys already farm the Harrow part? Bc if not, I need to get another Ash Systems so I can build the Smoking Body Ephemera, and I know Manics spawn more reliably in Defection.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

So when are we gonna hear about Warframe and Star Citizen merging into a single entity?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
This discussion has been closed.