As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    So apparently you can make Khora into this.
    I mean, I knew Whipclaw was the best no.1, but I did not know it was this good.

How many abilities still benefit from "stat stick" builds? I can only remember Khora's Whipclaw and Atlas' Landslide.

Gara's 1 does as well. I can't remember if her 2 *also* benefits from it if you're building the damage by shattering her 4, but Gara is also ridonkulously complicated (which is why I don't play her. She's really cool, but holy shit probably the most complex interactions of any 'frame in the damn game)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Heh, I've had my Rank 11 test sitting there for AT LEAST two weeks now. I've also participated in the double (quad) affinity weekend and have had TWO affinity boosters as daily rewards since then. I'm sure I am pretty close to the requirements for the rank 12 test as well since I've leveled a ton of stuff in the interim. However, I'm probably going to practice for them at least a few times before I actually do the test. Failing those tests is ... annoying ... since you have to wait an entire day to try again. Yeah ... you sit there and contemplate why you failed ... for twenty-four hours. Going over that mark of shame again and again in your head ... or you forget about it and suppress the trauma(?). There is NO WAY it would psyche you into failing again right ... RIGHT?
    Figgy wrote: »
    I keep trying to get back into this but the amount of content that's been released since I last played is overwhelming. It's been less than a year (I think?) and these lunatics have added so much.

Yeah, and it gets worse since they are trying to add even more stuff before the end of the year. Then again the core game doesn't really change since even if you were playing regularly the new content doesn't REALLY come with a manual/explanations. You'll have to figure it out anyway.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

How many abilities still benefit from "stat stick" builds? I can only remember Khora's Whipclaw and Atlas' Landslide.

Gara's 1 does as well. I can't remember if her 2 *also* benefits from it if you're building the damage by shattering her 4, but Gara is also ridonkulously complicated (which is why I don't play her. She's really cool, but holy shit probably the most complex interactions of any 'frame in the damn game)

Excaliburs 1 also benefits from a stat stick. Although for some reason condition overload doesn't apply.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Sweet lord I can't believe that I actually got the entire Nekros parts in exactly 3 tries
    No more reasons to farm for Lephantis Nav Coords right?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Sweet lord I can't believe that I actually got the entire Nekros parts in exactly 3 tries
    No more reasons to farm for Lephantis Nav Coords right?

Not really, no.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

Her 4 inherits damage from her 1 (which inherits damage from her mods) when she 1s her 4, and if her 2 is outside her 4 when she 1s her 4 her 2 inherits damage from her 4 from her 1 from her mods. Just don't forget to 4 her 2 to maintain all your 1ed 4s before her 2 hits 0. It's as easy as 1 2 3!

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Finally got all the equinox parts. GEEZE that took a long time.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Gara's Shattered Lash, though it's not as important for her, since it's typically only used to break Mass Vitrify to increase the damage of Splinter Storm (I mean, how much breaking Vitrify does *is* affected by how much damage Shattered Lash does, but since the Splinter Storm damage can stack infinitely...)

Apparently, Excal's Slash Dash still uses his melee weapon's mods too, even though he has an Exalted Weapon with its own mods it should logically be using instead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Finally moved on to Neptune. A few days back I got the Scindo Prime and oh my gosh it just erases everything.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Finally moved on to Neptune. A few days back I got the Scindo Prime and oh my gosh it just erases everything.

AND MY AXE

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Finally did a riven that I had sitting around (kill Darygns in the air with bows) it gave me a Zhuge Critatis with roughly +153 Crit Damage, +217 Crit Chance and +53 Weapon Recoil.
    Went and dug up my Zhuge Prime, and that plus a Point Strike lets it hit +121% crit chance, and with 4 status mods I get 100% status chance, and I can negate the recoil with Stabilizer in its exilus slot.
    Neat.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Finally did a riven that I had sitting around (kill Darygns in the air with bows) it gave me a Zhuge Critatis with roughly +153 Crit Damage, +217 Crit Chance and +53 Weapon Recoil.
    Went and dug up my Zhuge Prime, and that plus a Point Strike lets it hit +121% crit chance, and with 4 status mods I get 100% status chance, and I can negate the recoil with Stabilizer in its exilus slot.
    Neat.

The Zhuge prime is great. Counts as a bow for those bow only sorties which is extra great.

It kills me at least once every mission.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    and then there's Shy...

While entertaining to the extreme, she doesn't do builds (unless they're Banshee builds)

Tactical Potato is next fav Warframe youtuber though, quick intro and a fun irish accent.

Yeah I like Potato and Brozime, though I have a little (a little) more tolerance for nonsense. I'll check out Leyzar on the thread's recommendation, thanks!

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Neat.

The Zhuge prime is great. Counts as a bow for those bow only sorties which is extra great.

It also counts as a bow for fire rate mods.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    jothki wrote: »
    Neat.

It also counts as a bow for fire rate mods.

And for Thunderbolt, which isn’t terribly useful but great fun to use on trash mobs.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Yeah, popped me a few times too. Took it through a forma for the riven. I guess the RNG really didn't want me to get to six formas in my Acceltra... but it only delayed the inevitable.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Her 4 inherits damage from her 1 (which inherits damage from her mods) when she 1s her 4, and if her 2 is outside her 4 when she 1s her 4 her 2 inherits damage from her 4 from her 1 from her mods. Just don't forget to 4 her 2 to maintain all your 1ed 4s before her 2 hits 0. It's as easy as 1 2 3!

... 4

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »

... 4

All you need to know about Gara is how to refresh her swirly death field. Because it gets stronger every time you do that. A little spoiler mode and it's easy to just stack it to ludicrously high DPS.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah I thought Limbo was the epitome of obtuse when it comes to playing a frame well and then I looked up Gara and proceeded to level her and then never play her again :P

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Even with stacking duration, it still feels like I'm spending more time babysitting meters than actually playing with gara. Especially in non defense missions

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    There's a reason Titania is my main.
    I can handle "Push 4, now kill all the things and also try not to face-plant into walls too much wait who brought the fucking Volt?"

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Gara is fine right up until you fall off a ledge or let a nulifier get too close and suddenly 20 minutes of build up is just gone.

I use her for Excavation because she can give the drills a 90% defence buff and just use my gun to kill things.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Did a Sortie yesterday and got a 3-Day Resource Booster!
    I'm out of town for the next two days.
    RIP

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So I finished making Gauss and hes so much fun. Hes not amazing or anything, but hes definitely fun. Decided I wanted to grab the Acceltra gun so looked up where the blueprint was dropping. Turns out its a ~1% drop rate from the enemies who run in on disruption mission.

Got it on my 3rd kill, before the first set was even done. Woo woo. There goes my luck for the day.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    It has the pretty of a Dera, and explosions! So many explosions!

but it is a very forma hungry gun.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Ive noticed that lately there as SO MANY Guns without any polarity. Its really really annoying.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    I've probably spent more plat on triple forma packs than anything else by a very large margin and that's with buiding one every day for the better part of 8 months too :P

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I think the the lack of polarities is somewhat of a counterbalance against the fact that you can drop a max serration / multishot into a gun if you have high enough MR? Some guns that's all I do.

Primes still consistently have more slots and all, but they're also technically premium content.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Gara is fine right up until you fall off a ledge or let a nulifier get too close and suddenly 20 minutes of build up is just gone.

I use her for Excavation because she can give the drills a 90% defence buff and just use my gun to kill things.

Not to mention how you get to make your regenerating shields 10 times as strong, while mostly laughing off slash and toxin statuses. And very often nearby enemies will randomly freeze in place. She also gets a panic button that makes her completely invincible and locks down any nearby enemies.

Gara is a very practical frame if you don't go out of your way to make her impractical.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    So in a recent stream Pablo was asked about the next reworks, and his answer was that the only frame he wants to rework is Saryn because "she needs to be nerfed".
    Nothing is official yet, but maybe don't put any Forma into her for a while.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Wow, this is a lot more complicated than "put up a glass wall around whatever you're defending; now and then, or when it's time to move on, shatter it."
    (That being my own level of play with Gara.)

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    So in a recent stream Pablo was asked about the next reworks, and his answer was that the only frame he wants to rework is Saryn because "she needs to be nerfed".

Saryn is very stupid but there’s plenty of frames that are problematic in some way or another so I’m not a fan of this

• Options
    edited December 2019

qoiq563n67nb.png

Pablo is a goose that doesn't think about what he says. But it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed Saryn again.

I mean, seriously:

8x28bp6761nb.png

It doesn't really work that way.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    At least saryn has some babysitting to keep her "kill everything" going

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Spoit wrote: »
    At least saryn has some babysitting to keep her "kill everything" going

Saryn's probably the best murderframe. But a lot of other frames can slaughter everything in large radius without effort too - Saryn just keeps up better with armor scaling.

The most problematic frame in the game remains Chroma I think, as no other frame can multiply their weapon damage anywhere near that much. Chroma's supposed to be some elemental frame thing. But its claim to fame is the insanity of Vex Armor, which has nothing to do with that and just lets it build up absurd damage. I feel like the devs have to balance against 3 tiers of weapons right now, and one of them is just "Chroma" (the others just being level 30 guns and level 30 potato+forma guns).

Polaritie on
  • Options
    It's actually not hyperbole when the Lotus says Chroma was the most powerful frame in that quest.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    It's just weird because Vex Armour is amazing and then Elemental Ward (I think? The 2, anyway) is pretty good, but Chroma's 1 and 4 are just so underwhelming.
    I think you could get away with drastically reducing the damage buff from Vex Armour if the 1 and 4 were altered to actually be useful.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It's just weird because Vex Armour is amazing and then Elemental Ward (I think? The 2, anyway) is pretty good, but Chroma's 1 and 4 are just so underwhelming.
    I think you could get away with drastically reducing the damage buff from Vex Armour if the 1 and 4 were altered to actually be useful.

I've been told that his 4 works on the credits drop from Profit Taker.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options

They do. If there's a credit booster, it's way faster than index

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

They do. If there's a credit booster, it's way faster than index

If fractures are running it's just obscene since that stacks with boosters iirc.

This discussion has been closed.