As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bought 1000plat. Should be enough for awhile.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The last Lich I killed broke the game.

She picked up the mobile defense computer console and spun it around then used her teleport ability and put me inside it after which it was stuck back on it's original spot but rotated with my camera and then when I finally got her down the 3rd time she fell through a rock and disappeared.

I pushed the execution button as soon as I could because there is no way I'm keeping that cursed creature around.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I have more than that on my wishlist... (I've been slowly acquring the various deluxe skin bundles. Got Mesa's the other week after unloading some prime stuff and it's wonderful. A nice alternative to prime and the pistol skin is wonderful. Especially for ugly things like the Kuva Kraken)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Orphane wrote: »
    And my railjack grind is over! The last component is cooking!

finished mine too

i didn't prefarm the argon crystals so that set me back some time but i had the pustrels and copernics prefarmed so it was easy enough

prefarming argon crystals is always a mistake since half your unused stock is deleted every 24 hours

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I have more than that on my wishlist... (I've been slowly acquring the various deluxe skin bundles. Got Mesa's the other week after unloading some prime stuff and it's wonderful. A nice alternative to prime and the pistol skin is wonderful. Especially for ugly things like the Kuva Kraken)

I never spend money on cosmetics, so I'll be in good shape for awhile. I think there are a total of 42 frame archtypes now? So with the other freebies and plat I can get all the frames in prime or umbra eventually with a modest collection of weapons and pets.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I will occasionally pick up cosmetics from Baro but I have never bought any with platinum. The only frame I love enough to buy stuff for has ugly skins, especially the legendary one (Nova prime). Why would I want to go fromv quantum space manipulating future ninja wizard to bug girl?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I will occasionally pick up cosmetics from Baro but I have never bought any with platinum. The only frame I love enough to buy stuff for has ugly skins, especially the legendary one (Nova prime). Why would I want to go fromv quantum space manipulating future ninja wizard to bug girl?

Thankfully Nova Prime has no issues with looks.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    so... is there a way to get the Simaris scans done that doesn't involve lucking out on other people scanning, the old target system, or aborting missions? Need to do the scans if I hope have a chance to work on recovered missions this weekend.

edit: would failing missions via dying work?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    so... is there a way to get the Simaris scans done that doesn't involve lucking out on other people scanning, the old target system, or aborting missions? Need to do the scans if I hope have a chance to work on recovered missions this weekend.

edit: would failing missions via dying work?

1. Check your Simaris list over targets you have in your capture list. Pick one that you want.
    2. Check which planet they appear on with this guide
    3. Set yourself to solo (it sometimes messes up if you join someone elses mission)
    4. DO IT! JUST DO IT!

I can confirm that if the target is in your simaris list and if you go to one of the planets listed and it's your mission you'll find a target 100% of the time. Like, out of 10 missions I ran on Lex I found guardsmen scan targets every time.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    If you're talking about old target system that unlocked lore, I burned through that when it was new.

But does it still work even after you've filled the quota scans for a target? That's the problem. My most recent daily target just requires 2 scans to complete. :s

edit: Looked at the list, doesn't seem to be the old thinger. I'll give it a go then.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Someone clued me in today that projectile speed pushes out the damage falloff range, and look at that, Fatal Acceleration even matches the weapon exilus polarity on Strun Wraith. Well, I know what primary I’m running while Rubico Prime is cooking.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    If you're talking about old target system that unlocked lore, I burned through that when it was new.

But does it still work even after you've filled the quota scans for a target? That's the problem. My most recent daily target just requires 2 scans to complete. :s

edit: Looked at the list, doesn't seem to be the old thinger. I'll give it a go then.

The dailies are always multiple scans and have nothing to do with the list of 10 scans that's behind and to the left of Cephalon Personalspaceproblem. The dailies will always be multiple scans and you're actually hoping for a 4 scan as that gives you 10k rep for completion plus all of actual scan rep for scanning them in the missions.
    That steamguide is very accurate however there are tilesets where if you spawn in a certain tile the mission will be bugged and the Simaris target doesn't spawn. These are generally notated in the guide. The good news is it's easy to tell if that happened. Just wait to see if Simaris does his little speech at the beginning of the mission and if he does the target will be there. If he doesn't do his speech just abort the mission and restart it.

• Options
    edited November 2019

The dailies are always multiple scans and have nothing to do with the list of 10 scans that's behind and to the left of Cephalon Personalspaceproblem. The dailies will always be multiple scans and you're actually hoping for a 4 scan as that gives you 10k rep for completion plus all of actual scan rep for scanning them in the missions.
    That steamguide is very accurate however there are tilesets where if you spawn in a certain tile the mission will be bugged and the Simaris target doesn't spawn. These are generally notated in the guide. The good news is it's easy to tell if that happened. Just wait to see if Simaris does his little speech at the beginning of the mission and if he does the target will be there. If he doesn't do his speech just abort the mission and restart it.

Yeah, didn't work. I completed the 2 scans and got no more scan requests. This is on one that was supposed to have a 100% spawn rate, according to that page.
    Also, repeatedly aborting the missions is one of the things that I specifically did not want to do to complete the weekly.
    I just wound up repeating Ares gently so I didn't squelch the lower geared players for their "The New Strange" synthesis.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Yeah, didn't work. I completed the 2 scans and got no more scan requests. This is on one that was supposed to have a 100% spawn rate, according to that page.
    Also, repeatedly aborting the missions is one of the things that I specifically did not want to do to complete the weekly.
    I just wound up repeating Ares gently so I didn't squelch the lower geared players for their "The New Strange" synthesis.

You don't get any more scans after finishing the daily scans. You need to turn it the daily and wait for the next reset, and Simaris will get you a new target for more scans.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Foefaller wrote: »

You don't get any more scans after finishing the daily scans. You need to turn it the daily and wait for the next reset, and Simaris will get you a new target for more scans.
    I finished the weekly scans on Ares, 0/5 in a day. I've done it before. The intent of my post was to see if there were other ways to get around that daily restriction that I hadn't tried yet. Those ways being:

1) Getting scans from other players (Ares in particular but that can interfere with lower level players)
    2) The Lore thing (which I can't do anymore)
    3) aborting missions (which I hate doing most of all).

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    For the Switch clan ... please ... Please ... PLEASE refrain from going in there to start construction on any rooms for the time being. Someone went ahead and started a room that I will have to remove because the space where it went is intended for the crimson branch room. I'm not going to spend plat to speed up a room that will be removed promptly thereafter. Figuring out what can fit where is tough enough since the game doesn't actually tell you when there is some overlap between the bounding boxes between rooms. The crimson branch and the dry dock both have rules that the game doesn't tell you about and you have to plan where they will go. Using an online tool can only help you so much but for that room in particular (with its irregular shape) it won't just fit anywhere.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    DP still doesn't let us move the furniture. :(

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    my experience with PA clans/groups in general is that a lot of folks don't read the forums so I'd recommend editing the clan permissions if you can to protect the space you made for the new rooms

• Options

I finished the weekly scans on Ares, 0/5 in a day. I've done it before. The intent of my post was to see if there were other ways to get around that daily restriction that I hadn't tried yet. Those ways being:

1) Getting scans from other players (Ares in particular but that can interfere with lower level players)

Ok, well you forgot to mention the bolded in your original post then :P

You could theoretically ask in Recruiting chat to see if anyone would be willing to let you tag along on their daily but I've never really heard of that being a thing. Aside from that no there's no other way to just grind out tens of thousands of Simaris rep at a time.

• Options

Ok, well you forgot to mention the bolded in your original post then :P

You could theoretically ask in Recruiting chat to see if anyone would be willing to let you tag along on their daily but I've never really heard of that being a thing. Aside from that no there's no other way to just grind out tens of thousands of Simaris rep at a time.

I just needed to get 5 scans for the weekly... I got them and I guess I've completed all my recoverable weeklies. Gotta do the 30 minute kuva survival to see if that makes elite weeklies show... may just be down to the hydro for that... but IDK.

• Options
    Ah ok, for NIghtwave, that makes more sense I gotcha now.

I have to do the 30 minute kuva survival for this week and the only thing I have left from past weeks is the Hydrolyst which... bleh.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hydrolyst more like why-drolyst

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    DP still doesn't let us move the furniture. :(

MY SNOWMEN ARE SACRED!

Edit: TBH that actually was from before the downgradable dojos; if y'all really want to mess around I can poke the permissions a bit.

dporowski on
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Well, considering that there are only three ... maybe four ... members of the Switch tenno that are still playing the game ... yeah. I go in there and see people that haven't logged on for ... more than 100 days and I'm like ... I get it. Who knows how long it will be before it's just me ... and my helios. THEN ... we can throw WILD PARTIES. I can't wait to get drunk off of kuva spiked Zenurik(tm) brand energy drink ... WHOOOOO.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    It's a good thing that the Equinox boss is so easy because good lord the grind to get the last piece is taking forever.

• Options
    It's a good thing that the Equinox boss is so easy because good lord the grind to get the last piece is taking forever.

I barely missed triple digits. I haven't been back since.

• Options
    So apparently you can make Khora into this.
    https://youtu.be/AAw90z_KHsM

I mean, I knew Whipclaw was the best no.1, but I did not know it was this good.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    That's an interesting loadout that I might have to try sometime... described in the most immaculate example of annoying youtube videos I've ever seen :P

• Options
    That's an interesting loadout that I might have to try sometime... described in the most immaculate example of annoying youtube videos I've ever seen :P

Find me a non-DE Warframe youtube that isn't an example of the worst sins of youtube content creators?

• Options
    Leyzar isn't bad. He mostly just does weapon builds though, and I think a bunch of different games.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Leyzar isn't bad. He mostly just does weapon builds though, and I think a bunch of different games.

Yeah, his videos are pretty good. He often does three builds for weapons and frames: a poor man's/beginner's build, a more optimized build for people that have most of the basic mods, and then a crazy optimized build with a riven. Plus his voice is nice, his accent isn't too strong to understand him, and he's calm instead of being some shrieking assclown.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Find me a non-DE Warframe youtube that isn't an example of the worst sins of youtube content creators?

You're not wrong.
    The few times I've tried to look up videos on various frames/weapon builds it's inevitably shitty techno intro that goes on too long combined with terrible editing and a voice over that combines someone trying really to sound important but slips into the territory of someone trying to talk while squeezing out a giant turd.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

You're not wrong.
    The few times I've tried to look up videos on various frames/weapon builds it's inevitably shitty techno intro that goes on too long combined with terrible editing and a voice over that combines someone trying really to sound important but slips into the territory of someone trying to talk while squeezing out a giant turd.

You're telling me you don't record youtube videos while on the toilet? Well la-di-da, I didn't know we were in the company of royalty. :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    and then there's Shy...

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    and then there's Shy...

While entertaining to the extreme, she doesn't do builds (unless they're Banshee builds)

Tactical Potato is next fav Warframe youtuber though, quick intro and a fun irish accent.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Whoa I just got instantly sucked into the actual test at the terminal instantly while trying to practice for my MR8
    I failed 2 times before I figured out what I actually have to do
    At least they didn't give me a time limit for that I guess

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I only figured out bullet jumping wasn’t only a fast forward dash right before that test, thinking this would have been a real roadblock without those few extra meters of jump height.

Aim gliding feels unintuitive, but less the concept of it and more the slowdown. Sure you fall slower, but your forward movement is slower so why should I expect any extra jump distance? You have to do it a few times to realize the slowdown on horizontal/vertical movement aren’t the same

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The rank tests wouldn't be quite as horrible it not for the loading screens.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I keep trying to get back into this but the amount of content that's been released since I last played is overwhelming. It's been less than a year (I think?) and these lunatics have added so much.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    So apparently you can make Khora into this.
    I mean, I knew Whipclaw was the best no.1, but I did not know it was this good.

How many abilities still benefit from "stat stick" builds? I can only remember Khora's Whipclaw and Atlas' Landslide.

This discussion has been closed.