As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Just got the starter deal from the store, 200 plats for 5 bucks seems like a pretty fair deal
    I know I should spend them on frame and weapon slots but I don't really know what is a good ratio for it

How much weapon slots did you folks get?

I've easily burned that much on both slot types, mostly from selling stuff to other players.

Off the bat I'd just hold onto it until you need slots, but I figure you'll go roughly 1:2 to 1:3 on frames to weapons depending how much you keep around.

I never get rid of primes or other hard to get stuff (Baro weapons etc) so I have a large collection of stuff I don't use much but won't sell either...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Just got the starter deal from the store, 200 plats for 5 bucks seems like a pretty fair deal
    I know I should spend them on frame and weapon slots but I don't really know what is a good ratio for it

I've easily burned that much on both slot types, mostly from selling stuff to other players.

Off the bat I'd just hold onto it until you need slots, but I figure you'll go roughly 1:2 to 1:3 on frames to weapons depending how much you keep around.

I never get rid of primes or other hard to get stuff (Baro weapons etc) so I have a large collection of stuff I don't use much but won't sell either...

When I was starting out I'd level a weapon up and then trash it if it didn't feel like something I'd use or if it had a higher tier weapon just to save on slots. That came back to bite me since a lot of lower tier weapons are used as ingredients for other weapons so I had to eventually recraft some stuff, the wiki has a list of weapons that are used in other BPs here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients so I would either save those up or immediately craft the upgrades if you are able so that you don't have the old weapons taking up space once they are levelled up.

I don't pre-buy slots, I just get them as I need them, but I'm not tempted by most cosmetic stuff so if I have spare plat I don't feel it is burning a hole in my pocket.

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So it looks like the Twitch Prime goodies have shuffled to (non-prime) Ember and some cosmetic stuff, is anyone else having trouble redeeming them? I get the window for authorizing them to see my email to give my account goodies, but then I get some funky error screen thing.

Something about an invalid token? I got that. I fixed it by using an incognito window. I had to log into like 3 different services between amazon, twitch, and warframe, but it worked on the first try.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The link that Amazon Prime and Twitch Prime accounts have between them is so wonky. Like, why do you even have to log in a second time if you're going to the goodies link directly from your twitch notifications?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Too many and not enough simultaneously :P

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Did DE change something in the lighting model for the game again? Any ships I'm on (Grineer, Corpus, w/e) are suddenly super-duper dark inside, almost to the point of losing navigability.

[Edit] Looks like HDR suddenly got turned on? Weird. Turned it off, and things are visible again.

[Edit 2] But not inside Orb Vallis facilities that are underground; still dark as all get out. Weird.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

don't buy slots until you need them

sell versions of weapons that have a prime/faction variant when you max them

sell non-prime versions of frames when you start crafting the prime variant

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Alternatively, never sell anything and just amass a large collection

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    those 93 boar blueprints will come in handy one day

you'll see!

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

you'll see!

Someday we will build a giant mecha from Harrow Chassis blueprints.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

you'll see!

Someday we will build a giant mecha from Harrow Chassis blueprints.

and Oberon bits.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I find that a real good way to get a riven in your next sortie for one of Baro’s prisma weapons is to sell it. Then a real good way to get him to stock it again is to sell or burn the riven. I guess I could try going, “oh, I forgot I had one of those already,” but I suspect the RNG would see through such a cheap trick, and punish me for my hubris.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

If they had the ability to favourite weapons/frames I would, but the only thing more weapons do is making me lose track of which weapons I use.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

If they had the ability to favourite weapons/frames I would, but the only thing more weapons do is making me lose track of which weapons I use.

You can sort weapons and frames by usage, actually.

There are also loadouts, of course, and those you can favorite if you ever go crazy and spend a shitton of plat on enough loadout slots that you need to actually scroll through them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    so... I decided to make another Kuva Lich, this time Radiation. Would it be fun times to do the kuva missions with her in pub?

• Options
    so... I decided to make another Kuva Lich, this time Radiation. Would it be fun times to do the kuva missions with her in pub?

It can be. Kuva if they make an attempt (at least on PC) and they can help a lot if your rank 4-5 Lich is tougher than you'd want to face solo. Though it seems like nowadays you're not going to actually get a pug that often unless it's the Lich version of an endless mission.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Foefaller wrote: »

It can be. Kuva if they make an attempt (at least on PC) and they can help a lot if your rank 4-5 Lich is tougher than you'd want to face solo. Though it seems like nowadays you're not going to actually get a pug that often unless it's the Lich version of an endless mission.

I screwed up growing it, but I have one and about 75% of another requiem done on the one planet she was on... kept her level 1. The only mission I have left is freaking a interception one and hate solo interception. I guess if I can get her to spawn I can drop her, take the failed guess and hopefully level her up, then just fail the mission. Don't really feel like blind/ banish+stasis or other CC spamming it up.

edit: forcing a level will save progress, but you won't get any murmur progression if you fail the mission, I guess to prevent farming in that fashion.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    BTW, did anyone see this thing? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Chakkhurr

Holy crap.

• Options
    I knew it was good but never looked up the numbers.

I want that for Mag (because her 2 makes headshots trivial).

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Hell, it's got 50% base crit and explodes, that thing's a rocket launcher.

Edit: Hey wait. That's almost the Krysae, from ME3MP! Okay I need that. But I have to deal with a lich... But I need that.

dporowski on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I sell Syndicate weapons. What is this "until you need them" thing you speak of?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Finally cheesed MR9 with Redeemer + Banshee. Blargh.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Wait, consoles don't have the hangar yet, right?
    Consoles are perpetually behind because they can't just hotdrop patches into the ecosystem, it has to be certified first.

they don't just need to be certified, IIRC they contract with outside studios who handle the porting for the console versions. So they need to finalize the PC code then deliver it to those studios for porting, then the ported patch needs to be tested, THEN it needs to be submitted for certification by the console people.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

You can sort weapons and frames by usage, actually.

There are also loadouts, of course, and those you can favorite if you ever go crazy and spend a shitton of plat on enough loadout slots that you need to actually scroll through them.

I really should figure out loadouts at some point, now that I'm mr26 and aren't juggling around nearly as much stuff as I used to.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Welp, I got to the part of the railjack where you need to contribute 15 Argon. This is where we stop, I'm pretty sure.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Finally cheesed MR9 with Redeemer + Banshee. Blargh.

I did it last night too! I cheesed it using the stealth blade you get from that quest, still took me a dozen tries in practise mode before i was confident enough to do the actual test because the final round kinda sucks to be honest

Edit: Also I think I am almost done with the starchart stuff, cleared almost every planets except for the ones requiring archwings and really tough missions. Can anyone give me a general direction on where or what to do next?

Peas on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Farm nightmare and spy missions, they have some really useful mods as rewards.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Spy missions huh, I have a loki crafted and I was wondering if I should use him or wait for Ivara. I don't think I will ever get any nitain to make her for a while though

Edit: Also apparently this baron event is a big deal? Is there anything I should look out for from him?

Peas on
  • Options

Holy crap.

Oh yeah, I got one that's like 56% heat damage.

My current Lich also has one that's less than that, but Rad. If you're on PC I can convert and trade her to ya once I finally beat her.

I screwed up growing it, but I have one and about 75% of another requiem done on the one planet she was on... kept her level 1. The only mission I have left is freaking a interception one and hate solo interception. I guess if I can get her to spawn I can drop her, take the failed guess and hopefully level her up, then just fail the mission. Don't really feel like blind/ banish+stasis or other CC spamming it up.

edit: forcing a level will save progress, but you won't get any murmur progression if you fail the mission, I guess to prevent farming in that fashion.

They'll actually show up on another planet if you clear them from the planet they are on. My very first Lich I somehow managed that and that is what happened.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Welp, I got to the part of the railjack where you need to contribute 15 Argon. This is where we stop, I'm pretty sure.

It isn't 15 *at once,* though. Anything you deposit remains, so you can just do a few at a time instead of trying to do it all in one day.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think the final portion of the void just drops them like candy, I've gotten like 20++ of them a couple of days back. Used like 3 in the end because I have not much ideas on what to do with with them

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I think the final portion of the void just drops them like candy, I've gotten like 20++ of them a couple of days back. Used like 3 in the end because I have not much ideas on what to do with with them

My general experience is I'll do 20 waves of void defense and come out with one (or zero) argon. Two if RNG is feeling nice. And given I have literally nothing else I want from there, it feels like wasting time as well as being boring as nuts. so I have done the entire rest of the ship in a week and I expect this will take a month.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

My general experience is I'll do 20 waves of void defense and come out with one (or zero) argon. Two if RNG is feeling nice. And given I have literally nothing else I want from there, it feels like wasting time as well as being boring as nuts. so I have done the entire rest of the ship in a week and I expect this will take a month.

You want to do survival or Mobile Defense, bring a Smeeta Kavat, some form of loot radar and a frame that can boost loot drops. Non-Defense void maps usually have at least one Aragon crystal container, might even be guaranteed, and Smeeta will randomly give you an argon like a good kitty.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Holy crap.

Oh yeah, I got one that's like 56% heat damage.

My current Lich also has one that's less than that, but Rad. If you're on PC I can convert and trade her to ya once I finally beat her.

They'll actually show up on another planet if you clear them from the planet they are on. My very first Lich I somehow managed that and that is what happened.

Yeah, I had two options, as the only mission left on the planet was interception.

1) lose to them intentionally so they level and expand (did this)
    2) complete the solo interception mission (which is so... SO boring to do).

The upside is that the Kuva Lich interception is mercifully 1 round long, should I decide that I need the murmur progress and have time to waste next time I poorly plan my planetary cleanout.

She's carrying a 39% Radiation Kuva Karak damage and I feel like the percentages are random just so they could add an infusion system to the game because why not? Maybe we'll get an optimization station to let us improve the damage % for kuva too? >_>

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Leave it until the daily login fairy gives you a resource booster.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular

You want to do survival or Mobile Defense, bring a Smeeta Kavat, some form of loot radar and a frame that can boost loot drops. Non-Defense void maps usually have at least one Aragon crystal container, might even be guaranteed, and Smeeta will randomly give you an argon like a good kitty.

I farmed all 15 argon without a booster yesterday in about an hour and forty minutes just by running Hepit (low level void capture) and scouring the level with a max range limbo (his 4 breaks containers and can easily nuke the low level stuff) and an ignis (also good aoe for breaking containers). Probably could have gone faster if I hadn't tried to check all the lockers. I think I got one crystal from a locker but the rest were from rocks and an occasional enemy drop. It wasn't the most fun hour and forty minutes I ever spent in warframe but it was probably more engaging than the mining I had to do.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Since I'm a PS4 player, Railjacks don't exist yet. But looking at the build requirements, I'm going to need millions of credits. What's the best method, aside from The Index, a mode I hate and a quest I can't finish?

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    The first mission you do for the day gets a double credit bonus, so a good habit to get into is to make sure your first mission is the final stage of the Sortie. It's an easy way to build up credits over time. If you want to farm a bunch of credits at once without the Index, another option is Profit Taker.

• Options
    Deans wrote: »
    The first mission you do for the day gets a double credit bonus, so a good habit to get into is to make sure your first mission is the final stage of the Sortie. It's an easy way to build up credits over time. If you want to farm a bunch of credits at once without the Index, another option is Profit Taker.

Profit Taker, Chroma 4, credit booster, fractures event. I think you can hit 2m per run if the stars align like that.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Since I'm a PS4 player, Railjacks don't exist yet. But looking at the build requirements, I'm going to need millions of credits. What's the best method, aside from The Index, a mode I hate and a quest I can't finish?

Credit farming by efficiency:
    1. Index
    2. The Profit Taker with high damage frames like Chroma. Good cash, but requires very good gear and it's still not as good as Index.
    3. Dark Sector Excavation. Get in, run a single excavator. Get out.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
This discussion has been closed.