Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Nope, that's a kavat.
    It was, in fact, every kavat I got for the longest time.
    But now I have a different one and she is a very good girl best space kitteh yes.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    WTB Medical Debt Bonds. Halp. So many.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

Talk to Tinker. They'll set you up, and you'll be doing a good thing for some folks real, real down on their luck.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Talk to Tinker. They'll set you up, and you'll be doing a good thing for some folks real, real down on their luck.

Yeah, I saw those, but I don't have 15,000 widgets of the particular variety. Bounty 3 forever I guess...

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Debt bonds are a pain

They're nowhere near as painful as the Vox Solaris grind though.

I can't remember what the turn in was because my brain redacted that information to protect me.

All I can remember is running the exact same 2-3 minute bounty approximately 200 times.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Man, my experience was way different. Debt bonds were a good way to sink a ton of useless materials into rep, where if you didn't have the mats for one of Ticker's things just come back in four hours and she'll have a new run of stuff to buy, and Vox Solaris was significantly easier to grind for me than Quills. I just went and did some Exploiters on days where I had resource boosters, and was only forced to group up for the couple Profit Takers you need for a couple christmas toroids for rank up.

By comparison I don't think I've bothered past like level 3 of Quills? Tridolons are a pain in the ass.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm maxed on Quills rep and I haven't fought a single Tridol, just the regular kind. Lots and lots of 'em. (My Amps took a lot of grinding to level.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Good fucking lord.

If you have a Tonkor and Harrow pops up for an Arbitration boost, do yourself a favor and give it a whirl. He gets the invulnerable periods and a gigantic pile of shields, so he can survive pretty easily if you pay attention.

More than that, though, his reload speed becomes near-immediate, and that makes the Tonkor absolutely horrifying. The Arbitration drones barely matter because of all the AOE damage and you can send follow-up shots before the first even hits.

It was completely outrageous and so much fun.

• Options
    I kinda wish you could set up notifications for certain frames/weapons for arbitrations. I usually check what's available when I log on and then forget about it for the entire night because I have too many other things I'm trying to do.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I'm maxed on Quills rep and I haven't fought a single Tridol, just the regular kind. Lots and lots of 'em. (My Amps took a lot of grinding to level.)
    Do tell ... cause I've been stuck at level two of the quills because I ... have not done a Teralyst yet. You need an Eidolon shard in order to level up sooo ... yeah. I mean I tried on my own but with a (slightly better than shitty mote) 111 amp I'm not doing enough damage to even tickle his shields LOL. Yes, I know ... go pug and hope for the best but I've watched videos and STILL don't get all the details. At the very least I don't want to drag the team down so I would have to get someone to be gentle with me and teach me the ropes. I guess what I'm saying is that I need to pop that Terry-Cherry eventually.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Yesterday was a pretty good day.
    678VpIH.jpg

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

tbf, you were probably doing them when that was pretty much the only way to farm. these guys have options! ;P

horrible options... but options nonetheless!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Wukong Prime is being built and has 2 days left. While looking at what frames I hadn't leveled before I noticed a real hole in frames I had the primes for and hadn't leveled the base of. So Frost, Mag, Nekros, Nova, Saryn, Trinity and Volt all in the oven.....

What have I done?

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    TetraRay wrote: »
    Wukong Prime is being built and has 2 days left. While looking at what frames I hadn't leveled before I noticed a real hole in frames I had the primes for and hadn't leveled the base of. So Frost, Mag, Nekros, Nova, Saryn, Trinity and Volt all in the oven.....

What have I done?

The right thing.

You aren't a proper operator if you don't have all the existing warframes shrinkwrapped and in cold storage somewhere inside the deep recesses of your infinite and internally inconsistent orbiter. The same with weapons.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Do tell ... cause I've been stuck at level two of the quills because I ... have not done a Teralyst yet. You need an Eidolon shard in order to level up sooo ... yeah. I mean I tried on my own but with a (slightly better than shitty mote) 111 amp I'm not doing enough damage to even tickle his shields LOL. Yes, I know ... go pug and hope for the best but I've watched videos and STILL don't get all the details. At the very least I don't want to drag the team down so I would have to get someone to be gentle with me and teach me the ropes. I guess what I'm saying is that I need to pop that Terry-Cherry eventually.

If you can catch me when I'm on and have a bit of time, I'm always up for running people through Tridolons.

Just bring something that can babysit the lures and I can do the rest with Volt.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    Anybody have a recommendation on what to make with the Plague Keewar? Got a riven, figured I should craft one with the BP I got from the event. Was thinking crit/damage on a 2H.
    My understanding was that you'd build them for condition overload, but I think that was nerfed so I dunno.
    Condition Overload is less stupid than it used to be, but it's still pretty much the strongest melee mod.

People used to mostly run the plague zaws as hybrid with middling crit and pretty high status, but Melee 3.0 saw a bunch of massive buffs to various hybrid weapons that didn't extend to zaws. Something like 14% crit/30% status on a good zaw used to be excellent, but now there's stuff with like 32%/32% floating around and Blood Rush doesn't care about anything except base crit, so I feel like that paradigm probably doesn't make much sense anymore. So maybe you just go full status and spend the Blood Rush and Drifting Contact slots on something else? I don't know, I'm not really an expert here.

Another thing to consider is that there's now a zaw arcane that gives energy regeneration on heavy kills, which might be another reason to favor a build that doesn't rely on maintaining a high combo count forever.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    CO is actually pretty weak IMO compared to its crit cousins. From what I can see, pure status based builds just do not hold a candle to the raw damage capability of a crit based build. You gotta supplement that status with heavy attack based builds to really put out the numbers.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i feel like blood rush is kind of dead now since the raw #s on it were nerfed, it applies additively instead of multiplicatively, and also true steel/sacrificial steel were insanely buffed (sacrificial steel especially) so you don't need to build up combo counter and spend the slots on both blood rush and drifting contact when you can slot more raw damage or crit multiplier or something

with sacrificial steel/pressure slotted valkyr prime talons hit like 187.5% crit for example

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Isn't Blood Rush at 12x equivalent to like 720% crit? I don't see how Sacrificial Steel compares.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Isn't Blood Rush at 12x equivalent to like 720% crit? I don't see how Sacrificial Steel compares.

even doing lich missions and sorties things still die in like 3-4 hits so i guess it boils down to if you actually want to spend the mod slots and nurse your combo counter high enough for blood rush to actually matter

iirc they took the scaling damage bonus off combo counter and just buffed all base weapon damage to compensate so combo counter is purely for blood rush/weeping wounds type mods and spending it to enhance heavy attacks

sure i guess in endless type missions you could fight enough enemies to keep it up but i'd rather just start off with higher crit and kill things without having to worry about the timing of the combo counter *shrug*

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »

The benefits depend on playstyle. BR while spamming Heavy Attack with corrupted charge would probably work better than just Sacrificial Steel.

If you're mixing it up, no.

• Options
    imo mod space is also a thing to consider, since if you're equipping sacrificial steel/pressure that's 2 mods - if you're equipping primed pressure point and blood rush and then whatever mods you use to complement blood rush like drifting contact or corrupt charge that's 3 mods minimum

and if you're going a crit build then you have organ shatter and possibly berserker so then you have limited space to build elemental damage or other mods which are huge quality of life such as primed reach

• Options
    I guess. I mean you're either making a Heavy Slam spammer or Crit fighting setup.

Blood Rush, Corrupted Charge (+30 to whatever the initial combo of your weapon is), Killing Blow (+120 damage on heavy, +60% faster windup) and a few other things, you're not going to need Drifting Contact in such a situation, I don't think.

• Options
    I guess. I mean you're either making a Heavy Slam spammer or Crit fighting setup.

Blood Rush, Corrupted Charge (+30 to whatever the initial combo of your weapon is), Killing Blow (+120 damage on heavy, +60% faster windup) and a few other things, you're not going to need Drifting Contact in such a situation, I don't think.

that's why i said "or"

if you're doing blood rush, corrupted charge, killing blow, organ shatter, primed pressure point that's 5/8 slots leaving you 3 slots for elemental damage/qol/other stuff. admittedly if you're using a heavy slam build youprobably don't really care about primed reach or berserker

if you're doing a combo counter nursing build then you're using drifting contact in place of killing blow. apparently corrupted charge only subtracts from the base combo time instead of the total? so drifting contact does just flat out overcome its negative but i dunno, i still think it's a lot of mod slot investment

otoh if you're trying to fit the sacrificial steel/pressure into certain weapons you basically need/want at least 1 umbral forma so there's opportunity cost incurred there as well so do what you think suits you best i guess

• Options
    So I guess the question would be in what situation does Wyvern think Sac doesn't compare?

• Options
    edited December 2019

I'm sure there are things I've missed too, even in all my puggin'. Don't worry too much about it.
    Here's my attempt at a very basic guide to smacking the basic Teralyst(s), since you asked.
    Before you go, make sure you've got a hard-hitting, precise, long-range weapon - a sniper rifle, usually - typed for Radiation damage. You'll need it.
    First thing when you get out on the plains at night, head for a nearby Grineer camp and grab yourself a lure. Kill everyone around it, shoot it, hack it, drag it after you. Once you kill a few Vomvalysts within range for it to suck 'em up, it'll be charged and the icon will turn blue. Ideally, everyone (all four of you) should have a charged lure to prevent annoying escapes. If you don't have enough, he teleports away when you take out a joint and you have to find and engage him again.
    Once you've got a lure on a leash, head for the big stompy guy. He alternates phases; first you've got to shoot him with that 111 Amp (be glad you're not doing it with a Mote) until his shields go down, then hit an exposed joint (elbows and knees) with your conventional weapon.
    While you're attempting this, he's gonna be throwing out tons of AoE. Some frames (Harrow, Volt and his shields, et al) have special strategies to deal with this; but because this is a basic guide, I'll keep it to the general case, and remind you that Spoiler Mode is invulnerable while you're phased. You're gonna spend a LOT of time phased, popping out just to shoot with your amp, then back in to recharge. He also does a groundpound that sends out a shockwave; you can jump over this if your timing is good, but you may want to be phased anyway. If someone on your team goes down, you can (and should) rez them while phased.
    Again, once the shield goes down (the purple part of his lifebar goes to zero and there's a red flash), you'll want to swap back to your frame and your conventional weapon to hit his joints. Part of the reason you want precision and range is that if your shot hits the surrounding "bone" and not the tender part of the joint, it won't hurt. This will take some practice and it never really gets easy, 'cause the big guy is usually walking or twisting around to deny you a series of clear shots. Thus the "low rate of fire, high damage" part when you do take a shot and it connects. If your teammates and their weapons are good, this'll go really fast - basically, the shield will go down and someone will immediately kneecap him.
    When you take out all his joints, he falls over and starts screaming for his little buddies. There's no way to shorten this part, so just pick 'em off (with your amp) as they come in and wait for him to get back up. When he does that, use either your amp or your regular weapon (I suggest the latter) and Aim For The Head. Keep avoiding the AoE and shooting; eventually he'll go down for good. Then it's time for the Loot.
    One of the charged lures will always pop when he does, and turn into the fancy core that is your main reward for the fight. Other cores will be scattered around. You'll need a few of them for amp parts, and the special ones to unlock Spoiler Mode powers, but most of them are your bread-and-butter, by-the-dozens tokens to turn in for rep. Gather up any loose cores you didn't collect during the running fight and head back to the Cetus gate to lock in your win.

I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten or didn't put down, and probably some nuances I never got. But this should be enough for you to not embarrass yourself in a PUG.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Additions/corrections
    1) You only need a single charged lure to prevent teleportation.
    2) Aside from the final limb break, limb breaks are accompanied by a large aoe pulse of Magnetic damage with guaranteed proc. You can avoid the damage by hiding in void mode, but it'll still nuke your frame's energy unless you have a way to negate the procs, or are physically out of range of it. I tend to bring Oberon on eidolon hunts, between his health regen ability and Hallowed Ground blocking procs while you're in it.
    2) Two lures will pop on a successful capture, since it takes two lures to get a capture. (This number goes up to 3 on the rest of the trio, but that's unimportant since we're talking about Terry.)

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

If you can catch me when I'm on and have a bit of time, I'm always up for running people through Tridolons.

Just bring something that can babysit the lures and I can do the rest with Volt.

Cool. The only problem is I know you still play but I am rarely on when I see you on at the same time. One of these days I'll be on when you're around and not busy.
    ...he teleports away when you take out a joint and you have to find and engage him again.
    I am ashamed to admit that I read that wrong. The first time I saw the following "he teleports away then takes out a joint and you have to find and engage him again." ... and I had to re-read. Although I can imagine the guy taking a pull from said joint and muttering to himself 'bastards, my poor synovia, this joint helps though' ... ahem ... back on track.
    Also ...
    ...first you've got to shoot him with that 111 Amp (be glad you're not doing it with a Mote) until his shields go down
    Yeah, I understood that part but the 111 barely does any damage to his shield so I must be doing something wrong.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    No, not really. He's just a kaiju-sized pile of hitpoints shields, so whittling him down is gonna take A While.
    It's even worse with a Mote, trust me. :bigfrown:

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Vasca Kavats are not generated randomly from the Orbiter's Incubator. Instead, the player must have their owned Kavat become infected by wild Vasca that appear at nighttime in the Plains of Eidolon.

*sigh*

Although, this does answer the question of "why did I choose that weird energy color for my kavat?" and "why were you glowing that one time?"

edit: (Is obviously not the pet owning type)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    A host migration messed up an excavation mission and cost me 6 rewards.

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

(Not cool)

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    While I reviewed my Kuva Lich history to see what went horribly wrong with that last one (everything, but mostly rebound from killing a Rank 3 to another Rank 5... though the other Rank 5 was just spongey and that one was spongey and had spammy powers), I also decided to try it again because why not.

The Lich the game generated is weak to all the elements I use most (corrosive, slash, and viral), has a Chakkhurr, and the impact ephemera and ephemera are my primary goal from this grind... so... yay RNG.

And he has codpiece for a chin

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Who else never realized that there was a recipe for imprints until now?

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    No, not really. He's just a kaiju-sized pile of hitpoints shields, so whittling him down is gonna take A While.
    It's even worse with a Mote, trust me. :bigfrown:

I have a 222 Amp that on crit does 689(sh) and through a Volt shield does the 1200'sh. I gave up trying to solo as it was a bigger lesson in frustration. I'm near to making my 333 though! Damn Cetus Wisps are only holding me back. Then will come my questions of What amp to build once I have all the options open.

As for a sniper? I have the Snipetron Vandal, Vectis and now the Lanka I'm leveling up. I've been using the Snipetron Vandal with a potato but no Formas. I followed a basic crit build for it with: Serration, Split Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger and an a unranked Depleted Reload to take me to 0/60. But when I shoot his joints, I barely make a dent. Any suggestions on a better weapon, better build?

Lastly, anyone on PC that's new to the hunt and wants to go, just ask. I'm always willing to go as I need another level and a half of Quills raniks. Plus I like practicing the hunt so that I can maybe, someday, effectively solo Terry and then move up to the next 2 solo.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    I should come with you Banzai. I know the Teralyst fight well enough to help out and I need to start farming shards.

I don't know why I haven't run it more. I just don't really like the fight I guess. But at least that's better than the next two which I actively hate because I feel like they're poorly constructed especially compared to Profit Taker and the Exploiter Orb fights. I'm really hoping another pass at them is on the to do list but I'm not optimistic.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    the lanka is probably the best choice of those 3 if you can stomach its weird charged shot sniper rifle gimmick, since it's natively pure electric damage you can also convert it completely to radiation damage with a fire damage mod. It's also got a much more useful zoom bonus, extra crit chance per zoom level rather than extra headshot damage like on the vectis and snipetron vandal. Headshot damage is useless on eidolons. I would say use the same mod setup in the lanka as you're using in the snipetron, but also generally just replace speed trigger and depleted reload with a couple elemental damage mods. A forma in the split chamber slot will help fit in a 60% element/60% status chance mod if you have one, on top of just swapping out speed trigger+depleted reload's 11 capacity for a 90% element mod. Radiation is the end result damage type you want, most effective type to use on eidolon health.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I should come with you Banzai. I know the Teralyst fight well enough to help out and I need to start farming shards.

I don't know why I haven't run it more. I just don't really like the fight I guess. But at least that's better than the next two which I actively hate because I feel like they're poorly constructed especially compared to Profit Taker and the Exploiter Orb fights. I'm really hoping another pass at them is on the to do list but I'm not optimistic.

Having done Profit Taker again for the first time in a while last night, I can unequivocably say the Profit Taker fight is high grade bullshit compared to any of the Eidolon fights.

Seriously, that fight has so many ways it just fucks you out of the blue. I'm not like a Professional Tenno or anything, but I can hang and contribute in the Tridolon fights. The Profit Taker fight (with a group of competent friends on Discord, mind you!) has at least three ways it'll just down you without a thought off the top of my head, two of which will blindside you due to the cacophony of the fight. I feel like if DE removed at least two of the following, the fight would feel less bullshit:
    -The big "knock you away" shield chunks
    -The million adds
    -The blow-you-up-out-of-nowhere missile barrages
    -The kill-you-instantly-with-little-warning ground pound wave
    -Probably some of her other attacks that I'm not even thinking of!

I don't even mind the Shield Mechanics, or the Pylons, or the Archgun necessity*! I think those parts are fun and cool, but having to deal with those while dealing with all that other bullshit I mentioned is just....ugh.

*(though getting downed while equipping yours, then having it stuck on cooldown is something that belongs on the bullshit list up above)

Exploiter Orb, on the other hand, is about as perfectly tuned as we've got, even if it gets buggy ever so rarely. 10/10, would rip and tear again.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    you forgot the leg lasers that are hard to see because the warning lasers are pale, there's 30 other things happening, and you're usually fighting it on snow so lol contrast

profit taker is fucking bad, the worst boss fight in warframe tbh - exploiter orb may get tedious with repetition but it never feels bullshit like profit taker does and even people who aren't playing tank frames can feel like they're contributing without instantly getting blown up for half the fight

gantulyst is kind of bad and hydrolyst is annoyingly bad, but profit taker is the absolute worst

also i'm all but wrapped up with nightwave intermission since i'm at 29 and already have the Saturn Six armor from Season 1 so i can take it easy on warframe at least until Ivara Prime comes out

there aren't additional creds or anything past 30 are there

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    you get 15 credits per level past 30

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    you get 15 credits per level past 30

oh that's not really worth going hard on

at most it's a bit extra kuva or a reactor or catalyst

This discussion has been closed.