As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So, all I'll need to really spring through is ch 7. That gets me the last good overnight logistics mission. I'll take a gamble on maybe not getting the full refund for RO 635. Hopefully, the cores are a full refund, I can leave without the combat reports, since those are a fairly easy thing to math out on time investment, where cores are a YMMV deal. Just means I can go back to focusing on building up teams after I get it and perfect clear maps for cores and gems.

By the way, best use of fairy commands for the beginner? Should I just sit on those or should I be popping those for a very minor xp boost? Or should I level up the fairy's skill if it's basic data and then starting using that skill, with maybe banking a certain number of commands for future content?
    Brody wrote: »
    Can I get the whole halloween thing unlocked if I skip the "trash a 4* dorm item" quests?

Maybe, probably depends on luck. I was afraid there are quests that I have no way of doing and it's why I'm doing all the ones I can. Even with the free 10 tickets given out, I'd rather not take a chance and get hosed by RNG. Currently, I'm sitting at 21/36 squares filled, with 160 points for targeted draws.

Edit: Decided to math things out for shits and giggles. If I'm counting the dates right, you have 21 days. Assuming a full clear of all dailies, 9 total, that would get you 189 tickets, plus if you remember to grab the 10 freebies, that a total of 199 tickets. Let's say there is no bad luck protection and some poor bastard draws the same number every damn time. Given one number is essentially guaranteed, one would need 3500 points. Math works out to there being 1980 points if you get everything past the first ticket as dupe number, being 1520 points short or 160 tickets shorts (about 18 days worth of full quest clears). Assuming they don't hand out more freebie tickets, probably safe to assume most could get about 16 spaces in 3-4 days (going assume some had far worse luck than me in both draws and quests), while having at least 100 points for a targets clear. So that would be another 17 days to get 1500 points. Let's say on average, every two days there is a quest you can't complete because the requirements are unreasonable (scrap 4* furniture). So you get another 136 tickets, which in the worst case scenario could leave your shorts, but seems like you should get at least 4 more squares cleared. Yeah, I can see how this could easily turn into something rough for us newbies. I think clearing half the board is probably doable in the worst case scenario.

Mill on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    What's the parachute fairy recipe?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Rend wrote: »
    When is the client update?

According to the road map, October. AFAIK we don't have more detailed info yet.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    What's the parachute fairy recipe?

2000/1000/2000/1000 iirc

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    There are four fairy recipes to remember:
    500x4: Crafts the common fairies.
    2000/500/2000/1000: Crafts defense, reinforcement, and parachute fairies in addition to the common fairies (ROLL THIS IF YOU NEED PARACHUTE FAIRIES)
    500/2000/2000/1000: Crafts landmine, rocket, and construction fairies in addition to the common fairies
    2000x4: Crafts all fairies.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Quick question, now that I've been running with four logistics teams and using the prime day time logistics maps, with about half the best overnight ones. I think I've gotten a good feel for how to evaluate the weeklies. That aren't something that gets done along the way because of dailies.

-Equipment Heavy Production: Doesn't seem worth chasing this weekly, at a minimum it's 6 cores down the drain with very little to show for it. At best maybe time it so that fairy chasing gets a pittance discount, when one wants to get a fairy or take advantage of a rate.
    -Heavy Doll Production: Semi-worth chasing if one can still add dolls to their roster. Worst case scenario, one gets a rare doll that they either already have or can't justify keeping around for dummy linking purposes, so the player is out one core after disassembly. Probably not worth doing if one somehow gets all the dolls that can be produced from it and have adequate dupes of things worth duping. Basic recipes is probably gamble here, since you'd need to get 4* or 5* to get more cores than what were spent.
    -Doll Enhancement: I guess there is a point where someone might run out dolls to enhance. If one were to take 20 2* dolls and burn one at a time on a 21st throwaway, I think the math comes up to getting more resources from this weekly and the daily, then what they would have gotten if they salvaged all the dolls, plus probably a mess of throwaway enhancement capsules because even though that is low priority, seems like the random spaces in it make them worth the less than five minutes.
    -Doll production: Totally worth it, since one is going to get cores and there is the boost from all the dailies, making it less of a drain on resources.
    -Equipment production: Not sure if anyone is getting to a point anytime soon where they don't need equipment for something, even if it's just burning it on make gold gear better.
    -Boss killing: Feel like this has good potential for core farming, even if the resources don't cover the deployment costs. Incidentally, need to figure out the best maps for farming bosses.
    -The two armor kill weekly quests. Not sure if I'm close enough to having access to a solid map for this. I suspect, there is a few maps where one could walk away with more resources than they spend. As a beginner, this seems easily ignorable when one doesn't have a fancy to complete night maps or some sort of event requiring armor kills.
    -I haven't looked too much into calibrations but recall it being mention as expensive. I'm guessing like equipment heavy production weekly probably not worth chasing, but maybe an incentive to accumulate enough equipment that needs to be calibrated for a discount.
    -Skill leveling: Seems like this is worth always getting, even if one hits a point where they don't have dolls that need skills trained and might have to use throwaways, probably at that point, the individual has more basic data than they know what to do with anyways. It's a source of resources and contracts at the expense of data.
    -Equipment enhancement: Seems pretty hard to hit a point where one has all the pieces they need for 50+ dolls fully enhanced. I guess it might not be worth it given the rewards, but seems like something that will just happen.
    -Fairy calibrations: Totally not worth chasing, that seems like a ton of resources both for the calibrations and then getting fairies where it's worth the trouble. Another one of those weekly quests, where the player might go, "I want to calibrated this fairy, but let's see if I get another 2-3 in need of calibrations so I can get a pittance discount."
    -Fairy enhancement: Again another on of those weekly quests, where it might be better to save up three fodder fairies, just to recoup what's been spent.

*Probably missing a few weekly quests. Want to say there was one for fairy skill training. Is my assessment right? Seems like some of these might be better as like monthly or bi-monthly quests because unless you need to do the activity, it's totally not worth doing said activity to complete them.

• Options
    All the crafting weeklies are probably worth it. The 500/500/500/500 recipe has a 25% chance of giving you a fairy under normal rates, and there are a number of useful fairies you can pick up with this recipe. The parachute fairy recipe is important for catching at least a pair of parachute fairies, but you can just slow craft 3 every week and eventually you should get lucky.

The Heavy T-Doll production is worth doing once a week just for a chance to roll one of the 5 star shotguns, while getting some resources refunded. (Also, on your 10th heavy t-doll production you get a shotgun as a quest reward. Its not amazing, but it does its job)

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    About when should I consider going from 1000/1000/1000/1000 heavy doll recipe to the ones that have a shot a the shotgun dolls. Also when I do that, should I bother going up a tier or sticking with tier one, while also stick with the budget shotgun recipes?

Finally, as a newbie, should I attempt to take advantage of the rate up today and get a second fairy or not that I've gotten the weekly, just sit it out? I do want a second fairy for team two, even if it's mostly a stat stick.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Some argue that you should only ever go for the expensive shotgun recipe, and if that's too rich for your blood then you shouldn't use heavy production whatsoever.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Decided to go for the second fairy and got the taunt one. Guessing that should help a bit. Now to build up cores again and probably wait a fair bit till I attempt to get a parachute fairy. Both command and taunt should serve me well. Not sure if the command one always comes with damage talent (have that at lvl 1). Taunt came with suppression, which I'm probably going to want to reroll at some point.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    The talents are random, but the command fairy that is initially given to every player is always Damage I. Subsequently crafted command fairies have random talents.

The only time that you want to stockpile fairy commands is in preparation for a big event. Notably the ranking maps can consume them at an extreme rate. To the point that fairy commands are arguably the primary limiting factor behind how many attempts that you can make for a high score. Some players may need to spread their ranking attempt out over an extra day just to give time for more fairy commands to replenish. When pausing your battle, it is important to remember that you cannot do it over the server maintenance period since active missions are terminated during weekly maintenance. Outside of big events, the commands are a replenishing resource that you should take advantage of whenever you can.

I'm a proponent of using basic skill data to upgrade your command fairy's skill to help hasten your xp grind. You'll need to make a judgment call for further upgrades since intermediate and advanced skill data is far more precious and your dolls likely have more pressing need for it.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    @Brody
    Check your in-game mail. Apparently mica made some kind of mistake with an event quest description. As an apology they mailed everyone ten keycards. So, assuming that you're guaranteed a full board if you're patient with targeted draws and complete 100% of the quests, then you have a budget to skip 10 quests.

Although 4* furniture isn't really that valuable in the grand scheme of things. That said, I can understand how you feel if you haven't raked in story event 5* furniture or have had an opportunity to splurge on a banner with a token stockpile yet. You'll eventually reach a point where 4* furniture will only be valuable to you if it completes a set bonus or if you find it aesthetically to your liking.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I'm probably honestly there now. I'm getting ~135 on the first collection, and ~40 on the second, so I think I'm through the easy part of the log curve.

Also, did a pull on the maid banner for shits and giggles, and I got Contender's costume, so Yay.

• Options
    Congrats! I want g28's costume, but I think that I'll pass on this banner and grab it with some black cards. My next big banner splurge will probably be for Christmas.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    So about how many tokens should I save up before trying the gatcha. Currently sitting on 168.

• Options
    I's 910 to guarantee one of the 100 exchange ticket costumes.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    So sounds like I should sit on them till either singularity event or Christmas. Then hope, I don't get the "scrap 4*" furniture quest anytime soon.

Also definitely going to re-roll the talent on taunt fairy because suppression is useless for me. I'll probably put that off till Saturday at the latest. Should put me in a good spot to maybe get the weekly, definitely ensures I can hopefully, get any event quests that might be associated with it. Figure chances are pretty high it's going to be more than one roll to get something versatile enough for what I'd want on a taunt fairy, or at least live with.

Mill on
  • Options
    Yeah, I probably shouldn't have rolled, but I have a hard time not rolling at every available opportunity.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    rolling 1/1/1/1k heavy production still gives you a shot at g11 who is currently the best AR in the game, so there's no harm in doing that for newer players who don't have her yet

the best place to do the armor killer weeklies is sadly 1-4N - if you do 7 clears with RF teams that finishes both weeklies and also gives you a sizeable chunk of equipment fodder which is worth the resource cost imo

boss killing can be done with a single sufficiently leveled/geared AR - i usually just do 2-6 10 times

skill training includes both tdoll and fairies

calibrations aren't worth it from a purely resource standpoint but eventually you reach a point where you just do the weekly because it's a reminder and you can absorb the cost since you want to be calibrating gear to max anyways and shooting for good (aka damage I/II or fervor in 95% of cases) talents on fairies

• Options
    If I get something worth using first roll on calibration, then I'll run with it. Even if it's not optimal. Right now suppression procs might as well not exist on my taunt fairy, given that none of my main teams use a machine gun. I have one at 52, but would rather have her run logistics instead of burning through ammo.

Got G11, even leveled her to 10. So would rolling 1/1/1/1k heavy production still be worth it? I figure if I some how get another, can instantly dummy link her.

• Options
    G11 is one of if not the highest damage AR currently in the game, so you'll be wanting to link her sooner rather than later (although still try and get a core farming team up and running before you run out, like me).

• Options
    Yeah, I've been taking note of the ones worth using. I probably should figure out who I have on team three, that should be mothballed when I throw it into battles during the overnight period. That team currently has Vector, FAL, M1911, Gr G36c & K31 (only cause she's listed as a decent rifle and outside of M14, I don't have any of the other recommended rifles). Probably move FAL to another logistics team; especially, since I noticed that I got G11 to lvl 19. No idea, if I'll be moving anyone off the main team for her. Of the ARs on that team, I have Gr G41, M4A1 & ST AR-15. Pretty sure M4A1 stays because of how she buffs the other two ARs on the team. Also aren't both her and ST AR-15 getting neural upgrades soon. As much as I like the chibi sprite for Gr G41, that's probably the one that gets moved to team two. Though this assumes ST AR-15 with neural upgrade is better, which I have no idea and that's probably going to be awhile. Glad I'm not super committed to sticking with set teams.

• Options
    @Mill, G11 is worth way more than 15 cores. If you roll a duplicate, you'd probably be better served by raising it too.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I forgot, I got a dupe KSG this week. She's quite good but specialized enough that there is no real good reason to have a dupe right?

Also averaging about 1 fairy every 8 or 9 tries now. Got a damage 2 illumination fairy, at least.

• Options
    It's less that there's anything wrong with KSG and more that shields synergize REALLY WELL with armor, and SAT-8 bundles that into one neat package. You don't need to run dupes, but if you're on the fence about it and are willing to run dupes I think a 5* shotgun is arguably worth the inventory slot to mothball for a rainy day just because of how expensive and hard it is to craft 5* shotguns.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I mean, STAR-15 and M4A1 are both really strong. G41 is fine, but you might want to use one of the decent 3*'s to make core requirements easier.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Man, fairy rate up continues to be super disappointing, definite downer ending to the whole thing. Doll day was aces, though.

I really like these smaller events, especially since you can clear them out, which feels satisfying, without having to spend money every time and/or rely on gacha sadtimes. The terrible rate of duplicate numbers almost from the second roll makes me frown at this bingo style one, even if you're very likely to get to clear it it's not as pleasant to do. F- for the dang ice cream cone quest. A+ for a nice skin from it. Overall these simple little events are a pretty satisfying tool to encourage you to keep logging in every day and do some things.

I wonder if my opinion will change when I'm no longer particularly interested in logging in and doing a bunch of things already anyway.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Man, fairy rate up continues to be super disappointing, definite downer ending to the whole thing. Doll day was aces, though.

I really like these smaller events, especially since you can clear them out, which feels satisfying, without having to spend money every time and/or rely on gacha sadtimes. The terrible rate of duplicate numbers almost from the second roll makes me frown at this bingo style one, even if you're very likely to get to clear it it's not as pleasant to do. F- for the dang ice cream cone quest. A+ for a nice skin from it. Overall these simple little events are a pretty satisfying tool to encourage you to keep logging in every day and do some things.

I wonder if my opinion will change when I'm no longer particularly interested in logging in and doing a bunch of things already anyway.

Fairy rate up hasn't been kind to me either, but I did exhaust my resources chasing the more pressing HV ammo a few days ago.

As for the events, I like them a lot. IMO it's easy to stay engaged with the game but avoid a burnout. In contrast to say Dragalia lost where events are non-stop and I need spend hours and hours clearing out each one. Girls Frontline minor events are really easy to stay on top of. Major story events are way more involved, but they're uncommon and you get about a month to complete them.

My main gripe about GFL is that its a pain leveling up dolls to level 90-100+. But auto battles are pretty decent for leveling up these days if you're getting burned out and are keeping the game in a holding pattern. The same with more efficient combat report production.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Got 7-6 done yesterday. Almost got silver, but made two mistakes. First, was I didn't have the friend echelon in better shape move up to the heliport in front of dreamer. So she ate the weaker friend echelon and the other one was miles away. Second was forgetting to check her health bar & remembering that I don't lose affection on boss fights in the event of deaths. So I could have gotten silver if I ran my first team over to her, since she was almost dead. I'll get it some other time. I do finally have all the worthwhile logistics missions. Also have RO and I see why people like her. So she's now in team three with G11 and Vector, getting raised up overnight or during times in the day where it makes more sense to level team three on like 1-2N auto battle because team two's tanks are in for repairs.

Also I looked at the griffin squad in like 7-3. It was about 10 levels higher than my main squad, at about low 80s. So what that tells me, is that my squad probably is lower level than what the content is designed for. My guess is that they probably don't have the griffin squad fully enhanced and probably have it's gear at either 3* or 4*. Anyways, I suspect why my tanks took a beating is that they don't have the HP that is expected, 10 levels with a 4xlink doll is probably quite noticeable. Also that third gear slot probably allows more evasion. I do have to wonder if this game has a similar mechanic to other rpgs though, where lower level characters eat more damage from higher level characters, dodge there attacks less and deal less damage. Plus, looking at the gearing recommendations and how that translates into combat effectiveness, I suspect there are setups that inflate CE, while there are others that deflate. Scopes seems to be consider to provide less CE for ARs than red dot scope. If that is true, I probably have some characters that are actually less effective than what the game claims.

Also feel like I'm at a point, where I can just ignore getting combat reports done, unless I need to generate more for the current event for gifts or to just achieve the whole spend 100 batteries. currently focusing on the fair chamber and then will focus on the data room again. I'm pretty sure at this point, outside of needing them for events, combat reports are nice thing to have and not a huge loss to be capped on surplus xp. Going forward, when an event is about to pop, I'll have to make sure to have a stack of about 20-30 combat reports and 150 surplus batteries on hand for event quest needs.

As for the event 23/36 of the squares done. Got two rows, which netted me cores and ammo. Sitting on 230 points for targeted draws. So only need 11 more successful draws. I'm hoping my luck is better than it was today, since I only got two. A bit salty about the first day, since I got three dupes in a row. That said, I prefer events like this over what I've seen in mmos, not only do people tend to get burned out, but god help you if you have bad luck or start the event late because of people getting burned out, bored or not caring anymore because they got what they wanted.

• Options
    The dreamer fight is kinda rough for most friend echelons since most are MG teams because those have high CE. She's basically rock against SG/MG's scissors. Some of our teams are strong enough to win despite that though. I think that mine is strong enough to muscle through, but I don't remember if I reallocated their gear. Send me a pm if she causes you too much trouble and I'll temporarily reconfigure my team into something tailored for dreamer.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I kept my daytime support team AR/SMG and it paid off when my friends were throwing themselves at my feet doing the silver medal for Dreamer

• Options
    I figure, I'll snag silver on that map at some later time. My priority is get the lowest member of team two to 70, then get the lowest member on team 1 to 80. Followed by getting perfect victories on some maps. Might be able to get perfect for the last few maps for chapter 5 normal and maybe even pull that off for 0-2 and get started on perfect victory for chapter 5 emergency. Maybe when I get a team completely to a hundred and geared out, I'll make a stab for the rest of the chapters.

Other than dolls, did any of the chapters hand out furniture or pets. I'm looking at get dorm 3 so I can boost battery income. Debating if I'll do dorm 4 before echelon 7 or not. I think I probably want echelon 7 before singularity, since that will probably be more disruptive to logistics stuff than the current maps. I don't mind delaying a logistics mission, if I'm in need of a dummy echelon to perfect rank a map.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    I figure, I'll snag silver on that map at some later time. My priority is get the lowest member of team two to 70, then get the lowest member on team 1 to 80. Followed by getting perfect victories on some maps. Might be able to get perfect for the last few maps for chapter 5 normal and maybe even pull that off for 0-2 and get started on perfect victory for chapter 5 emergency. Maybe when I get a team completely to a hundred and geared out, I'll make a stab for the rest of the chapters.

Other than dolls, did any of the chapters hand out furniture or pets. I'm looking at get dorm 3 so I can boost battery income. Debating if I'll do dorm 4 before echelon 7 or not. I think I probably want echelon 7 before singularity, since that will probably be more disruptive to logistics stuff than the current maps. I don't mind delaying a logistics mission, if I'm in need of a dummy echelon to perfect rank a map.

For the most part, grinding past level 90 for the sake of leveling dolls isn't particularly worth it. They gain significantly more power just hitting 90.

• Options

90. You stop at 90 with the x5 link. The only reason to deliberately level to 100+ is for digimind upgrades. Your best dolls will naturally hit 100 eventually as you play events and stuff.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Is it worth burning combat reports on them or should I prioritize dolls below 90 for those?

Edit: Also good to know that 90 is the point to stop. So that gives me some slack room with dolls in the future, since I can essentially, hold off until I roll a dupe or get enough cores. So just have to get team one 5xlinked, maybe team 2 and the first two rifles and handgun that hit 90.

Mill on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Is it worth burning combat reports on them or should I prioritize dolls below 90 for those?

Edit: Also good to know that 90 is the point to stop. So that gives me some slack room with dolls in the future, since I can essentially, hold off until I roll a dupe or get enough cores. So just have to get team one 5xlinked, maybe team 2 and the first two rifles and handgun that hit 90.

I find the most use from using combat reports on either newly acquired dolls to get them up to lvl 30, just to get them at x3 and then stick them on what ever echelon you're leveling them in, or to push dolls that are close to some threshold (usually 70 or 90) to get them that last mile to the next linking stage (mostly because I'm impatient). Definitely don't use combat on dolls over 90.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Use them however you'd like. I will note that dolls receive an xp multiplier boost for each link, and that combat reports are just flat exp, so you can use combat reports to jumpstart a doll.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Hmm, jump starting dolls could be a good way to get some sinks setup now that I'm running out of available dolls that can be enhanced. As far as I can tell, not really worth scrapping 2* dolls, so enhancement sinks would be nice to have more of.

• Options
    One more thing that I forgot to mention. It's not in the game yet, and it's a later game concern, but I think that I read that heavy weapons teams can only be leveled via combat reports. So once you're situated, building up a bit of a rainy day fund is nice.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    When I wanted to get M16 up to 80 for tanking 0-2, I spent a lot of my reports there. They can be really useful for bringing a piece of tech up to speed for a specific use case that you might have been ignoring because it doesn't currently benefit you.