As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I've splurged combat reports to get dolls up to 80 or 90 for events in an eye blink. Rainy day stockpiles are useful like that.

In other news, the basset hound came home! Now I'm just missing the seal and the serval.

ulxs0xqapriy.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Third dorm check. Looking at the guides for s ranking maps, I think I'll have to get echelon 7 next before dorm 4. Need a third echelon for some of that stuff and I don't want to really interrupt logistics; especially, now that my resources are looking solid. I figure probably before dorm 4 or after it, I'll have to do my first roster capacity expansion. Was forced to start unlocking two star dolls, so that I could absorb enough new dolls before having to do something with them. Also want the space to keep around dolls for linking.

Also taunt fairy was totally worth getting. I just need to hook it up with a better talent. Suppression going active makes me said, since I'm not rolling with machine guns.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Well I think I'm all done burning stuff for fairies this time around.

I got a damage 2 illumination fairy, a crit 1 fury fairy, a fervor airstrike heh, and an armor 1 ( :/ ) parachute fairy.

Then...garbage. I guess probably enough command fairies to max out the free fairy. Para fairy needs maxed to be realistically usable for harder content shenanigans right?

What about illumination, skill wise? I don't see it even mentioning sight range, does that only start at a certain rank?

• Options
    Depends on the map, but usually you need SL 10 parachute. The range becomes global at SL10. Sometimes the target location is within range of the lower level parachute fairies. For illumination, SL 10 again. It has two effects on its skill. One provides an accuracy buff. The other increases illumination range. I forget which level it adds +1 illumination range, but at SL10 it's +2 range. This stacks with your handgun, so an echelon with an active illumination fairy and a handgun will be able to observe the contents of tiles three steps away at night.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    unknown.png?width=527&height=560

this is my current shrimp echelon right now

eventually i'll probably swap out g41 for AK-12 since she can buff shrimp even from 1. i might swap out AUG for ribeyrolles eventually but i'm not sure

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I got like freaking 4 reinforcement fairies, 2 Command fairy, and I think nothing else from heavy equipment.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Things I learned today. I can barely manage the advanced xp mode, probably level up my main two teams so more. Ideally get it so that team two might be able to eat the 9K unit, so that the main team only has to fight the two big units. Actually, team two could totally take the 9k unit, it's just that it gets the snot beaten out of it killing all the 6K & 7K squads. Next thing I've learned, xp mode is great for the battle loss achievement. Running team three with the two main ones because it's not a huge loss on logistics time and hat just means more levels to make that team work better on logistics or night battle. Anyways, just run all the squads that will be wiped out into the biggest stack of enemies in order to tick up the achievement, with zero loss of affection.

Also got the crummy, acquire a lollipop event quest. Wondering if it might be worth my time to throw some tokens in order to get furniture because I only need one piece to get the achievement that awards a lollipop and I'm pretty sure that will count towards quest completion.

• Options
    Now just the serval remains

vn43xf5oig2j.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Seems irresponsible to adopt a seal if you don't have any water for it to swim in.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Way ahead of you

7v4l9s1qay68.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    There is a logistics event occuring, its an increased chance of great successes. I think those make it more likely to get the contracts when completed?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    There is a logistics event occuring, its an increased chance of great successes. I think those make it more likely to get the contracts when completed?

Yeah, I think that if you get a great success, you always get one of the rewards (if there is one)?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    So for those of you that have played this game for awhile. Is there any benefit to running the enhancement combat sim on advance, other than to get more capsules. I did that today, saw that it only have three random spaces (which other than the daily, really make it worth doing this quickly, if you can guarantee having 6/6 energy for data day. Couldn't tell if it was giving more resources, when it didn't hand out capsules, or not. I'm thinking if the random spaces between the three setting don't scale the resources handed out, it's not worth running it on advanced. Given that increases the time it takes to get the daily done. Was hoping to find some info on it, but no seems to have much on how the random spaces behave between difficulties (I've gotten intermediate data, which I can always use more of and the basic data and ammo that I get are also handy).

Also I need to start looking into what I'll need for a decent corpse run setup. Ideally, I'd like to have something adequate to run a map, where I can terminate the mission. IIRC I get the mechanics right, as long as the second driver withdraws before terminating the mission, they'll be full on supplies and ready for the switch. Probably won't consider it until I have my 7th or 8th echelon. The resources from hitting each achievement seem like it's worth finding a cheap way to pull it off. I figure for the lost battles, I can just use the xp training mode because you cant lose affection, don't use resources and your performance has no barring on xp gained. So might as well suicide squads into enemy stacks for achievement progress that gives resources.

Anyways, went and pulled the gacha for the maid event stuff. I figured I'd do 11 pulls, might as well get the free one if I'm going to spend tokens. Can't say I regret it. Got me an achievement that rewarded a lollipop, which was what I was after and that counted for the event quest. Gave me furniture that I'll benefit from, since I had none to begin with and could use the battery income boost. Gave me two pieces that I can now trash for lollipops, already did that with one for the event. The fact that I got nothing but dupe numbers on the bingo card makes me glad I did because it seems like the draws skew towards numbers we already have and I'm pretty sure I'll get the one quest that I can't do because I can't spare anything for it. Probably will get the 4* furniture trade in one and I know I can't do that.

IIRC great success on logistics yields double resources and is the only way to get contracts and tokens from them, if it's a possible reward. It's the whole reason, I opt to just throw team one on 8-3 logistics mission, instead of having them auto battle. Right now the chance is 51% before the event bonus. It's also why, once I get team one to 90 and fully linked, I'll probably shuffle them into logistics when I don't need them to clear sims. They'll do more good for me on like 4-1 logistics, since that means more resources to push heavy leveling sessions, while still banking resources for future events. I'll want to get my other logistics teams up so that they have high odds of hitting great success rates. I'm a bit curious if fairies are completely useless on logistics or not.

Also on fairies. Once I get around to rerolling the talent on my taunt fairy. Assuming I get a good talent, would it be worth having that as my friend support echelon fairy. Don't know if support echelons will pop stuff that needs commands or should I just stick with command fairy?

• Options
    If you can manage to clear any of the memory fragment maps, I'd start running those on non-data days.

This blog has a route laid out for most of the maps that people typically drag on.
    https://gfshikikan.blogspot.com/p/efficient-leveling-guide.html

This video gives a real detailed breakdown on dragging 0-2.
    https://youtu.be/vqvPpO1vKqw

I think talents can activate, but the main skill can't activate for support group fairies.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Logistics drop items even on regular successes, but great success guarantees it.

• Options
    The item drop rates outside of great success are not equal. I don't think that they're displayed anywhere but people have extrapolated the logistics drop rates.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Yeah, for instance after having run 0-1 a ton to stock up ammo and a bit for my event daily yesterday. I'm pretty sure quick repair contracts have a higher drop rate than quick production contracts. Pretty sure each contract has a different value with quick repair probably being the lowest. It would also explain some of the timers because 4-2 takes 70 minutes more than 0-1 to complete and it's highly doubtful that 210 parts outpaces 145 each of ammo and rations. It does; however, guarantee a quick production contract with great success results. Where 0-1 offers a quick repair or quick production upon completion.

I'm slowly running out of easy maps to get silver on and have hit a point, where I don't think I can pull off anymore S ranks. 6-1N is about as far as I can get with S ranking maps. Have most of chapter 0 down, not sure if I should complete 0-4, last chapter I have before I can S rank it, or if I good waiting until I level up my two main teams and maybe get them some better gear. I suspect, I could probably get all of chapter 9E down before the singularity event that is slotted for mid-November IIRC. I'm less sure about night stuff because I'd probably need to get more good rifles. M14 is a champ, but she can only do so much. Also thinking of just having my night support echelon be my AR/SMG team hooked up with night vision stuff. Probably be a bit until I get a handgun to 80+ and I'm not sure the vision from that really does much for people, when it's in a support echelon. Where my main team has some nice punch to it, granted, probably should change it up so that it's got a grenade AR in it.

• Options
    As far as memory frag income is concerned, is the hard one a better return (through random nodes I guess) or is it just more 'convenient'?

I'm hoping it doesn't matter much because I hate the contraints on timing.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Ranlin wrote: »
    As far as memory frag income is concerned, is the hard one a better return (through random nodes I guess) or is it just more 'convenient'?

I'm hoping it doesn't matter much because I hate the contraints on timing.

I'm trying to find concrete info for the third level, but the first level drops 8 guaranteed, the second drops 20. So not a significant difference, and either way better than running neither on days that don't offer training data.

Edit: According to https://girlsfrontline.gamepress.gg/neural-upgrade-101 , the level 3 run has an average rate of 45 per 3 energy. If the node's really have a 50% chance of being data, I think level 2 would average 25 per 2 energy.

12.5 vs 15 thingies per energy. I'll keep doing the level 2 while not paying attention for a while I think.

Brody on

• Options
    The hard one is best. The final battle gives out 30, and each of the three mystery nodes can hand out 10. Whereas the medium difficulty's mystery nodes hand out 5.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    IIRC great success on logistics yields double resources and is the only way to get contracts and tokens from them, if it's a possible reward. It's the whole reason, I opt to just throw team one on 8-3 logistics mission, instead of having them auto battle. Right now the chance is 51% before the event bonus. It's also why, once I get team one to 90 and fully linked, I'll probably shuffle them into logistics when I don't need them to clear sims. They'll do more good for me on like 4-1 logistics, since that means more resources to push heavy leveling sessions, while still banking resources for future events. I'll want to get my other logistics teams up so that they have high odds of hitting great success rates. I'm a bit curious if fairies are completely useless on logistics or not.

great success on logistics gives 150% of the resources listed and guarantees a reward

• Options
    The hard one is best. The final battle gives out 30, and each of the three mystery nodes can hand out 10. Whereas the medium difficulty's mystery nodes hand out 5.

Ah that's why, the random nodes are different amounts. I didn't get any on my way to unlocking the hard one so I didn't notice, heh

• Options
    Awesome, yeah, I was trying to find info on the best setup for running combat sims. The random nodes for some make it hard to figure out if the higher difficulty is worth or not. So sounds like it is, but if you can't swing it, it's better to do the intermediate level. Do the memory fragment maps count towards combat sims or no? Don't think I'll hit 60 today.

Also now that I've gotten a team fully to 80 or higher, I'm seeing why 90 is the suggested stopping point for grinding. 80 up is pretty slow.

• Options
    Yeah, for 80-90 I just stuck a rescue doll on me team and ran 0-2 forever.

• Options
    Well upside to 80-90 hike taking so long, is that I'm likely to have more than enough cores to 5x link my first echelon and probably have plenty to spare. Even if I don't luck out and somehow draw UMP5 or G41 dupes to link at 90.

So how valuable are calibration tickets? I'm doing the math for the event. Currently, I have 9 numbers left to draw and 460 points for targeted draws. So I need almost 5 more days of full quests, assuming I have the worst luck and don't get anymore successful draws. I'd have to check the statistics, which I have done statistics calculations in like forever, but I'd say my odds are pretty good that I get at least 2 more successful draws in the next 5 days. So depending on how worthwhile calibration tickets are, is going to determine if I start ignoring some of the event dailies. At this point, probably not worth doing the lollipop one if it comes up again (I figure save my last piece of expendable 2* furniture for a future event or until I need to make space). Less sure if I should keep gifting dolls, when I get that daily or if I should hold off and save the batteries for other things. I know the one that is heavily reliant on scrapping 4* furniture is out, haven't seen it yet thankfully (so probably shows up tomorrow with the lollipop one). Any others around that I probably should ignore at this point?

Also tomorrow is the last day before weekly reset, right?

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I think I love the character art and concept more than I would playing the game. Is there that much meat on the bones?

• Options
    Depends what you mean. There are periods where there's not much to do besides complete some simple filler events and level up your teams in preparation for bigger events, but what some would bemoan as a content drought I view as comfortable pacing that prevents player burnout. The major story events throw a big chunk of content at you that really scratches that Advance Wars itch, and you get about a month to complete it at your own pace. The competitive ranking maps are IMO quite intense and get me into that 4x "one more turn" mode.

Below is an example of someone's high ranking run from the ranking map last may in the Deep Dive event. Most full clears are multi-hour affairs. I paused my run partway through during deepdive to finish it on the following day.

https://youtu.be/c7OqCifCxzo

A big draw for me over most gacha games is that the character gacha rolls are made with non-premium currency. On top of that, there are S tier units even as common as the 3* rarity, and competitively viable units even down in the bottom rung 2* rarity level.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    If you do download, make sure to check the event tap ASAP. You'll get an event called 7 day frontline supplies, IIRC. I think right now they are handing out M14, which is a really good 3* unit that can hang with the best units. I missed out because I had installed the game right before server reset (hate it when I get sick and it throws off my whole sleep cycle).

They also throw free dolls at you through the daily login rewards. On that note, for those that have been playing awhile, how long does it take for those to either cycle back in or become a drop in something?

• Options
    AFAIK, the daily login doll for each month never cycles around. However I believe that they pick a subset of them for release as limited drops during story events. Many of them are permanently available as limited drops in campaign mode where you can replay old story events. Some of them might be added to the heavy production pool? PzB 39 isn't a monthly reward, but she's an event limited drop that eventually found her way to heavy production on CN (but not EN yet). I haven't taken the time to really look at the list to see if any of the monthly reward dolls ever get added to heavy production. But yeah, they'll show up as a limited drop somewhere eventually.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    So trying to figure out if this is a bluestacks issue or if this is a game issue. Currently clearing out chapter two night battles and the game seems to freeze on ton of them. Map 2-3 is being particularly bad. Might need to clear out the cache, but I'm leaning towards this being a game issue, since chapter one didn't cause me any issues. I already wasn't a fan of night battles because of inventory being a PITA. IMO they probably should just give all the dolls a forth gear slot for night vision and during night battles, if that slot is filled, it auto replaces whatever is supposed to be in the corresponding slot. The current setup is just really annoying for new players and I suspect even for veteran players, since outfitting a team to be purely night and having it mostly on logistics outside of logistics can create it's own annoyances. Or just reforming an echelon, so that one doesn't have to trying time logistics and night battle missions to minimize downtime on logistics runs.

Edit: So it's definitely something with 2-3N. Don't know if it's something that doesn't play well with bluestacks or if that map just has issues that will hopefully be fixed with the update.

Incidentally, 4-1N dropped the special ammo for Springfield. Now I just need her to drop from one of my 0-2 runs. Probably should also check night maps to see which ones I want to farm for equipment. I know there are at least two others, where it's recommended. Might be one of those things I select for overnight auto battles, probably a way to avoid the hassle of shuffling gear around.

Mill on
  • Options
    Most of the final night maps for a chapter have a chance to drop a character specific item.

• Options
    So for the advanced map in the neural cloud corridor, what's the recommended combat effectiveness to complete that. I see it recommends 28K, but I know the intermediate map was something that I could do with like 2k less than 20K, having done that by accident. My best echelon is now fully linked and sits at 22906 without a fairy, so I'm wonder if that's good enough.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    So for the advanced map in the neural cloud corridor, what's the recommended combat effectiveness to complete that. I see it recommends 28K, but I know the intermediate map was something that I could do with like 2k less than 20K, having done that by accident. My best echelon is now fully linked and sits at 22906 without a fairy, so I'm wonder if that's good enough.

Maybe. You don't lose affection in simulations, so it's not like you have to worry about running to the last HP of the last doll, as long as it clears.

• Options
    CE Isn't a great indicator when you start hitting harder encounters. If you want to do it with a lower powered group I would expect you'd do best subbing one rifle into your ARSMG group, since I thiiiiink it will target the mortars first, though I haven't tried it so I'm not sure they're all the way back or buried in the middle. I imagine it's much easier if you can kill those off first. Forward positioning won't do it as ARSMG I don't think, like on some of the leveling maps.

• Options
    After a certain point, CE is IMO more of a measure of how strong that you need to be to unga bunga through a fight with a random mismash of units. If your units are in a proper formation, buffing each other, and you're throwing them up against opponent that they have good performance against, then you can take out stuff with CE that looks pretty darn high.

For example, rifles struggle against swarms, MG's suffer against high evasion enemies, and ARs without significant FP buffs struggle against armor.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I'm factoring in that I'll likely lose my SMGs, but given it's a simulation, not really a lose. Just not sure if the ARs will last long enough to kill everything else.

I figure out some point, I'll need to run defense drill for calibration tickets, but not even going to attempt that until I get my 8th echelon unlocked and that is going to have to wait not only for the seventh one, but also for my first roster expansion. Granted, I did get the gem card and with double gems this week, along with the 100 from the bingo event, probably should be too long to pull that off. Assuming it's still 880 gems for the eighth echelon unlock and I'm almost halfway to unlock the seventh one.

• Options
    You'll get a decent number of callibration tickets from events too. Eventually you'll want to sit down and grind out some of the defense drills though. You get a big influx of prizes IIRC the first time that you reach each checkpoint. Eventually you'll need to send specialized teams at it once you remember which waves come at which number. Stuff like boss killer teams, night teams, and notably anti-evasion teams to deal with scout swarms.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    In today's episode of crazy good luck, I got both P90 and G36c this morning!
    Still no Vector! :(

Not sure if either one is gonna get prioritized leveling wise. For main tank SMGs, I have C-MS and UMP45 at x5, and I'm currently leveling another C-MS, RO435, (both x3), not sure if another main tank is high on my list (off-tank SMGs are another matter...).

• Options
    Well today was the first day, I couldn't complete all the event dailies, but at this point, even if I had some spare 4* furniture, not sure it would be worth burning. Upside is that I'm 1 successful draw or 90 points away from a full clear. I'd like to think after 15 dupe draws (IIRC correctly might have gotten a successful draw yesterday), I'm probably going to get a successful draw. Then I'll get to be bitter about X number of draw points going to waste and not being converted into tickets.

I think I'm a long way off from having what I need in order to make 0-2 super cost efficient. That said, I think I'd rather run it at a resource loss, over having to farm 4-3E ad nauseum. I figure if I'm going to get sick of a map, I'd rather get a decent core income out of it. Also, I've found I can keep resource costs in check, if I just let repairs play out if they are between 20-50 minutes, even if I'm only getting two runs in before repairs. It's not super efficient, but it does prevent me burning through too many resources. Though have to wonder if I'm close to having a setup where I could get away with one dead weight on a team, possible have one or both SMGs not having supplies. I'm willing to do a manual resupply if that does make the leveling grind both cheaper and quicker.

This brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask. Does the number of t-dolls in a dorm impact it's battery generation? If not, I might give a partial corpse run a try once I get my second team to 90 and fully linked.

Also my main team can do the third map for the neural network corridor, even if they are like 4k under the enemy stack. Just means I have to do some moving because the mortar guy hurts, but if I'm on the ball, I can render it a non-issue. SMG tanks get wiped out, but not a huge issue since no loss of affection and the sim gets cleared. Just need to figure out how much data I want to build up as a stockpile from all three of the data sims before even considering skimping on data days for more memory fragments and then how many memory fragments do I stockpile on before either prioritizing defense drill or making use of the exp sim. Just going to pretend that the enhancement one doesn't exist because I get plenty of 2* dolls for enhancement fodder and I think events will likely throw enough enhancement capsules at me, that I'll have those as an option if I need to quickly raise up a doll for something from scratch.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, I've been using my MG/SG/HG team, my shotgun gets wrecked because I've got to reload about halfway through, but then they start back up just before Contender dies and melt the last few standing.

Edit: Well, at least I'm only 6 dupes/1 new number away from clearing the board, so thats nice. The urge to fill in most of the board right now is real strong. Actually, the event lasts another 10 days, I'm going to grab that FNC costume right now then.

Brody on