As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    That Breath of the Wild 2 reveal was unexpected and completely wild. I am so hyped for that. I mean we know almost no details but that's a world I absolutely want to explore more. It seems like it's going to focus more on the underground? Lots of darkness?

I need this.
    I'm guessing it'll be what dark world was to LttP.

Reused map with new dungeons, enemies, and twists on old locales.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/crypt-of-the-necrodancer-nintendo-switch-edition/

Crypt of the Necromancer on Switch is $3.99 down from $19.99

!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Ugh I just bought Mana collection and cadence of hyrule. So much good stuff on sale. My wallet is crying.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Platinum Games can really do no wrong. I am super hyped for Astral Chains and can't wait for it to come out.

Can I keep the booty shorts but lose the cop regalia

Probably.

I'm noticing that the chain seems to be getting used as the Wonder Liner a bit, which is cool.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh man I totally quoted the wrong post there

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    So those 'sWitcher' 3 rumours were true, huh. I have to wonder what resolution it will even run at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1O18TNN3d4

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    So, if the maths are correct, this means that a Switch has the power of at least one to two Skynets.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    So those 'sWitcher' 3 rumours were true, huh. I have to wonder what resolution it will even run at.

540p at MAXIMUM with a chance to go lower?

Woof

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »

540p at MAXIMUM with a chance to go lower?

Woof
    Yeah. Yeesh. I wonder how low it will be in Novigrad. Maybe they'll reduce the number of non-essential NPC's walking around.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really the only game that confused yet interested me in e3 was
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhPhF_4g6Hw
    which I really feel this fits
    4r78a1z3hfbv.jpg

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    25 seconds on an upcoming Zelda game easily 1.5 years away.

Internet: waaaa that looked like it could be DLC.

What did? A bit of CGI? Get outta here.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Switcher 3 the mild hunt.

Anyone make that joke yet?

• Options
    So just like the other versions, Spyro Ignited Trilogy in Switch has a required download.

em20p8zznx1n.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Well there goes my interest in it.

I buy physical to save space.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    The hell happened to Bayo 3?

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    My guess is that the first game is on the cart, the rest are eshop keys. That's what they did with Resident Evil Revelations

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    My guess is that the first game is on the cart, the rest are eshop keys. That's what they did with Resident Evil Revelations

That's how it is on everything else, so good guess.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

That's how it is on everything else, so good guess.

Oh I didn't realize that is what they did for the others. I figured they were all on one disk. I have the Spyro Trilogy on the ps4 and I don't see a download code in it.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Well they actually had the room on the blu-rays on other systems. A 16 gb cart is a different story and I don't know why you'd expect more there.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The hell happened to Bayo 3?

And SMT V.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Switcher 3 the mild hunt.

Anyone make that joke yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ330NGjCU

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Man in advance of the presentation I was joking with a friend about the disappointing stuff we'd see, there's always at least a few things. A new Labo that's not necessarily for us, some really crappy licensed game like Garfield for some reason.

And then it turned out not only was there no Labo, but the 'disappointing licensed game" was The Dark Crystal and it's a tactics game?!

That's how we're playing it this year? Even the disappointing games are good?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am not disappointed with it more of how many people know what the Dark Crystal is? Just odd to see it as a tactics game.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the tactics game is a tie-in to a revival of the dark crystal into a franchise thing, I think

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Has anyone played the Secret of Mana stuff yet? I'm curious if it's played in a border window or if it will fit the screen somehow.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am not disappointed with it more of how many people know what the Dark Crystal is? Just odd to see it as a tactics game.

Oh I'm not even disappointed, I'm saying that was the licensed game, and it was an actually good and cool license.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I am enjoying Nintendo's "If it fits, it sits" policy when it comes to ports.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    vamen wrote: »
    Has anyone played the Secret of Mana stuff yet? I'm curious if it's played in a border window or if it will fit the screen somehow.

It's played with a border window. There's no way to fill the screen. Works fine in handheld but I'm not sure how it looks on a modern TV.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular

It's played with a border window. There's no way to fill the screen. Works fine in handheld but I'm not sure how it looks on a modern TV.

I figured that was the case, thanks.
    I loved SoM back in the day, and never played the other. I'm not sure if playing again will ruin the fond memories or if I'll enjoy it. It's always risky with old games for me.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Probably similar to the SNES classic.

But I wish I could turn the border off. As long as it's there I can't risk playing it on my TV.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Yeah, SoM will let you swap between a smaller ratio screen with full borders on all sides, and stretched to fit the vertical with just side borders.

The GB game also lets you change between B&W, Sepia tone style, and OG gameboy green dots style.

All 3 games look great though. I do kinda wish they had chosen to use the GBA Sword of Mana version instead of FF Adventure, but still good either way.

• Options
    Are we gonna talk about how Animal Crossing New Horizons is a blatant retelling of the Last Jedi?

You go off to an island all by yourself and just meditate among the sticks and rocks...sound like anyone else we know?

BOSKQ6B.png

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Well they actually had the room on the blu-rays on other systems. A 16 gb cart is a different story and I don't know why you'd expect more there.

Because it's 2019 and they can and should fit it on one cart if they're selling it in a store as such?

I won't buy it if it requires additional download. So, lost sales is a good reason to put the extra effort into it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Are we gonna talk about how Animal Crossing New Horizons is a blatant retelling of the Last Jedi?

You go off to an island all by yourself and just meditate among the sticks and rocks...sound like anyone else we know?

BOSKQ6B.png

Anything that lets me go after Tom Nook with a lightsaber in one hand and force lightning in the other will get my money.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    https://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update 1/

I can never look at Animal Crossing as anything other than existential horror after reading that LP.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Looks like last night was a really good time for me to wrap up Travis Strikes Back.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Random thoughts for today:

-Daemon X Machina, I need to play the Prototype Missions all the way through. It seemed to have potential, but you felt too slow
    -Link's Awakening, probably will be pretty good, the original is an amazing game (and I didn't even play it when it was new, played through it on the 3DS in 2011). Just not a fan of the aesthetic they chose, but admittedly it's grown on me a little bit. However, it seems they wanna charge $60 for it? Seems a bit steep to me. Maybe they feel the added dungeon maker + graphics is enough to warrant it.
    -More Luigi's Mansion, I'm fine with that. Still need to beat the 3DS one
    -Breath of the Wild sequel, why not. I agree with others, add in traditional-style dungeons and we're looking at a phenomenal game (the first one was too). I still need it to complete the first as well, sheesh
    -Panzer Dragoon, what a nice surprise. I have the first 2 on Saturn, and they are playable, but these days the low framerate makes them a bit tough to play.
    -Contra Rogue Corps, I was looking at screenshots on my phone and it didn't look good and I thought maybe because they were compressed from the video feed. I watched the video, and yeah, surprisingly ugly. It looks kinda like Nex Machina (which is super fun), but much much worse
    -Seeing Resident Evil 5 and 6 get announced really seems to cement the Switch as a "port everything possible" machine. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, but sometimes it can be cool.
    -No More Heroes 3. I wonder if I wanna get this one. I have the first one, I liked it overall, but it did get a little repetitive. Suda 51 games, for me, I'm usually playing for the weirdness of it all, like Killer 7, and not the gameplay, which is rare for me.
    -Astral Chain and Pokemon I didn't watch yet, but I saw them before. They look great.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    MaIBJ2L.png

• Options
    TelMarine wrote: »
    -Contra Rogue Corps, I was looking at screenshots on my phone and it didn't look good and I thought maybe because they were compressed from the video feed. I watched the video, and yeah, surprisingly ugly. It looks kinda like Nex Machina (which is super fun), but much much worse

Remember, it is a Konami game, and Konami absolutely does not care at all anymore. They are a pachinko company.

It might be outsourced to some poor minor Japanese studio doing the best they can on the minimum budget Konami is willing to give them.