As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I cannot wait to see the bow rework for 3.9. I am hoping we see a phys rework where bleed/impale becomes even more viable.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think that snare is going to make bleeds real strong.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Heffling on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Extremely expensive MTX are the price (some folks) pay for a game that's otherwise super free. I think the prices are a bit high but it obviously works for them.

The supporter packs are a much better deal for your money; $60 buys you a set of armor, a weapon effect, plus two of portal/aura/back/pet MTX. Plus $55 worth of points to buy other things.

The supporter packs for me are a way to say 'damn ive played this game for a shitload of time...and it was free. I'll happily pay you what i would have paid for a 60 console game that lasts less than 20 hours.

The stash upgrades are the 'now this is too convienent for me not to have. if only they would fix the damn 'merging' problem when a character goes from league to standard'.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Extremely expensive MTX are the price (some folks) pay for a game that's otherwise super free. I think the prices are a bit high but it obviously works for them.

The supporter packs are a much better deal for your money; $60 buys you a set of armor, a weapon effect, plus two of portal/aura/back/pet MTX. Plus $55 worth of points to buy other things.

The supporter packs for me are a way to say 'damn ive played this game for a shitload of time...and it was free. I'll happily pay you what i would have paid for a 60 console game that lasts less than 20 hours.

The stash upgrades are the 'now this is too convienent for me not to have. if only they would fix the damn 'merging' problem when a character goes from league to standard'.

Eh, it's annoying, but last I checked, D3 has the same issue.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    After the second time trying to deal with merging my season shit with my regular shit in D3 I just decided it was easier to never play anything but season ever again and to just let the non season stuff rot

This has served me well in PoE

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Eh, it's annoying, but last I checked, D3 has the same issue.

Maybe something similar but Diablo never let you expand your stash. the problem with Diablo was you had tons of alts just acting as mini-banks . In POE's case I have like 30 tabs that just get copied over into standard that i have to go through and clear out completely before they will go away, and the specialized tabs, while super useful, are a pain to empty out and merge with your standard tabs. Like, the Unique tab you have to manually remove every item from it, or the currency tab which takes several trips in and out of the tab cause a stack of currency only goes up to like 20.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Imagine someone playing Standard league in 2019 smh

• Options
    One thing I'd definitely pay for in PoE is a stash sorting tool

Make it some kind of magical imp if it needs a theme but let me be like "okay organize these specific tabs" and then it just does it

Being able to tell it how to organize them would be nice but I don't necessarily even care how it groups things as long as there is some kind of logic to it

Being able to filter things is amazing and every game with a stash that doesn't have that option has severely fucked up, but also I'm very lazy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I think something as unspectacular as tab sorting shouldn't be any kind of MTX, even if I wouldn't mind paying for it. If they can make it work but it takes some coding time, that is something for them to put in for free or not bother with. Also: MORE TAB ROWS PLEASE. One row for all the special tabs, one for the regulars/normal premiums.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Make it some kind of magical imp if it needs a theme but let me be like "okay organize these specific tabs" and then it just does it

Being able to tell it how to organize them would be nice but I don't necessarily even care how it groups things as long as there is some kind of logic to it

Being able to filter things is amazing and every game with a stash that doesn't have that option has severely fucked up, but also I'm very lazy

There's a tech limitation currently in that stash tabs don't load up until you've interacted with that tab. This is done to reduce loading times when you go to your hideout. You can test this yourself by tossing a map in after you're done running a map. If you don't have the chaos on your person, you can't add a zana mod. Once you interact with your currency tab, it will auto-pull from there. But it won't until then.

I think this is fixable by having the game just preload your various currency tabs and adding a dump'n'sort button for currency. E.g. fossils to fossil tab. But GGG seems very reluctant to do this.

• Options

Well there is that period inbetween leagues where you just want to play your stash sorting simulator.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

There's a tech limitation currently in that stash tabs don't load up until you've interacted with that tab. This is done to reduce loading times when you go to your hideout. You can test this yourself by tossing a map in after you're done running a map. If you don't have the chaos on your person, you can't add a zana mod. Once you interact with your currency tab, it will auto-pull from there. But it won't until then.

I think this is fixable by having the game just preload your various currency tabs and adding a dump'n'sort button for currency. E.g. fossils to fossil tab. But GGG seems very reluctant to do this.

Yeah I've noticed this when popping back to my hideout to craft or going to the post game oriath to buy gems, I have to actually open the currency tab first before I can buy things

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i delete all my characters the moment a league ends

tabula rasa

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Well its not like standard has no purpose. while leagues obviously change a lot, you can still at least plan out new builds and test to a point on standard in the time between leagues, so collecting stuff for that purpose makes sense.

azith28 on
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular

Yeah I've noticed this when popping back to my hideout to craft or going to the post game oriath to buy gems, I have to actually open the currency tab first before I can buy things

Holy crap, is THAT the issue? I keep having that happen when I'm jumping from my hideout to buy from the guy in the library. SO annoying.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Well its not like standard has no purpose. while leagues obviously change a lot, you can still at least plan out new builds and test to a point on standard in the time between leagues, so collecting stuff for that purpose makes sense.

I just play Path of Building between leagues

• Options
    Kendrik wrote: »

Holy crap, is THAT the issue? I keep having that happen when I'm jumping from my hideout to buy from the guy in the library. SO annoying.

The library dude always requires you to bring currency.

I just click a stack of every kind of basic currency before I see him, or I just wait until Act 6.

• Options

Well there is that period inbetween leagues where you just want to play your stash sorting simulator.

This is, quite honestly, my favorite part of the league. It very satisfyingly scratches my OCD itch AND it lets me pretend to be a dragon, sitting over my hoard.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Hm, I was thinking about rolling up a character for the league, but PoE is like the ultimate game for generating choice paralysis.
    Female characters only, because
    Pure summoners don't seem fun to me, so that's the meta out.
    Cyclone looks silly, I can't. Also, anything you don't have to aim is sorta unsatisfying to me. Unless it, like, chains or spreads in some satisfying way vs being a big round aoe.

Dominating Blow necro? Maybe?
    Frost blades raider?
    Consecrated path...something?
    Was Chain Hook worth trying, in the end?
    Still wanna try to make one of the Steel (Lancing/Shattering) skills work
    Ice Nova with frostbolt looks neat
    Lightning Tendrils cwc Arc? Or just self-cast arc? Is this new Cobra thing just dex melee-weapon Arc, should I try that?
    Blade Flurry, maybe?
    Like, anything with a big boom of melee aoe that I have to aim at least sorta, like Tectonic Slam/Earthquake/Ice Crash/Sunder. Just give me Bowling Bash from Ragnarok Online, basically.
    I was wondering if there was like a grenade skill, but I guess various explody traps are the closest thing. That might be fun.

It might help if I had any concept of how builds scale/how much they cost to work, but I don't.

Kamar on
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    By the league do you mean Metamorph, or are you wanting to play Blight for less than 4 weeks?

Cobra Lash is not like Arc at all, in that it's a poison skill and the bigger DPS requires a couple seconds or ramp to achieve.

Actually, it was pretty trolly of GGG to update poison skills in a league whose mechanic best rewards instant death. That's partially why I fell off of 3.8 -- my Cobra Lash character wasn't clearing Blights consistently despite posting 2.8 Million Shaper DPS after 2 seconds.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    user wrote: »
    By the league do you mean Metamorph, or are you wanting to play Blight for less than 4 weeks?

Cobra Lash is not like Arc at all, in that it's a poison skill and the bigger DPS requires a couple seconds or ramp to achieve.

Actually, it was pretty trolly of GGG to update poison skills in a league whose mechanic best rewards instant death. That's partially why I fell off of 3.8 -- my Cobra Lash character wasn't clearing Blights consistently despite posting 2.8 Million Shaper DPS after 2 seconds.

Blight, three weeks or so is still a lot of play time if I get pulled in and it's not like I've lost anything if I don't.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Weird, I have no problem clearing blights with my cobra lash assassin!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

tabula rasa

I don’t because I need to keep my names

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

tabula rasa

I don’t because I need to keep my names

my names are unswipable due to the extremely big brane (VERY high iq) required to type the sequence of characters involved.. thank u... its very lonely up here....

actually somebody in my guild once took "EnragedSeaCucumber" from me as a targeted assassination attempt but i got them

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I think I'm up to BasilXLI. The roman numeral scheme has taken me quite a way.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Kamar wrote: »

Blight, three weeks or so is still a lot of play time if I get pulled in and it's not like I've lost anything if I don't.

Blights at a good point to try out the game at. prices are going down again near the end of leagues, so you might be able to get some nice equipment.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »

Blights at a good point to try out the game at. prices are going down again near the end of leagues, so you might be able to get some nice equipment.

I was looking at 6L Dendrobates and was surprised they're only 2ex.

I should play the ending weeks of a league more often.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I've been consumed by Death Stranding lately, but I got my Ice Shot archer up to mid tier maps and still going strong.

Had a Chayula's Breachstone drop from a breach incubator, so I managed to get a 5 linked Hyrri's Ire! This build runs a TON of uniques, so I'm starting to have issues with low life total and staying resist capped. I can see my rares getting more and more expensive as I get closer to red maps...

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Been a while since I've bowed, so bow meta is fine with me even though I am a little tired of going high on evasion. Not going Caustic or Tornado this time though, so maybe Elehit or ballistas.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    Been a while since I've bowed, so bow meta is fine with me even though I am a little tired of going high on evasion. Not going Caustic or Tornado this time though, so maybe Elehit or ballistas.

If Puncture gets sufficiently buffed I will likely go a Crimson Storm Puncture/Ballista build of some kind.

Didn't they show off a ballista that uses skill gems or am I dreaming that?

• Options

If Puncture gets sufficiently buffed I will likely go a Crimson Storm Puncture/Ballista build of some kind.

I think that sounds right? I'm thinking Puncture/Ensnaring Shot.

• Options
    edited November 2019

If I can do ensnaring shot on a ballista, Crimson Storm, Impale maxed on skill tree (iron grip), Impale Support/Dread Banner, Pride, Haemophilia, Drillneck?

Snap.

Flesh and Stone sand stance with Dazzling Strikes

jungleroomx on
  • Options

If I can do ensnaring shot on a ballista, Crimson Storm, Impale maxed on skill tree (iron grip), Impale Support/Dread Banner, Pride, Haemophilia, Drillneck?

Snap.

Does impale benefit from movement? Or is there some other way to convert impale to bleed?

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    impale is just a debuff that increases damage done by physical hits (by a stupidly large amount)

• Options
    edited November 2019

Snap.

Does impale benefit from movement? Or is there some other way to convert impale to bleed?

My build doesn't stack bleed damage, it uses bleed damage to stack physic proj hits. The bleed damage itself is negligible.

Crimson Storm is a potentially 300-350 phys bow, plus 50% chance to maim on crit, plus 60-100% increased flask charges. It's absolutely insane and a little phys buff with impale, crit, and attack speed will turn it into an absolute fucking monster.

I may even switch out Pride for Precision. I hope they do some Ranger ascendancy reworking to Deadeye.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    mccart wrote: »
    impale is just a debuff that increases damage done by physical hits (by a stupidly large amount)

Right, it's been a while since we talked about it, forgot what the skill did.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679460/page/1#p22548462

Just some stuff about Atlas changes in 3.9. Most of this was revealed during ExileCon
    Most important:
    Shaper and Elder influence are no longer found on your Atlas. Shaper and Elder items will still be accessible through their usual means such as some league rewards, divination cards and drops from the Shaper and Elder encounters and Guardians. You will occasionally be able to obtain maps that have Shaper and Elder influence through the use of Scarabs, as well as maps that have a modifier which applies influence to the area. Shaper's Strongholds will also cease to exist. Shaper's Orbs and Elder's Orb will no longer be obtainable and existing orbs will be destroyed. Unshaping Orbs and Cartographer's Seals will no longer be usable.

Shaper Guardian Maps are no longer found on the Atlas. Instead, you will be able to find them through Zana missions. They will continue to drop their unique items and fragments. Combining each of the Shaper Fragments will continue to open portals to The Shaper's Realm. If you're interested in obtaining the Celestial Hideout, you'll want to do so before these changes, as access to the Shaper encounter is likely to be more difficult and expensive than it is currently.

Elder Guardians and The Elder will occasionally replace the Map boss of various Zana mission maps. Both Shaper and Elder will have a chance to drop fragments. Combining these fragments will open portals to the Uber Elder encounter.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Interesting

Unless im missing something, ill no longer be able to target farm my fav t15 and t16 only

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    On the other hand, one can eventually have an entire atlas full of T14-T16 maps. Which I love!

This discussion has been closed.