As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    "is that build red map viable"

"shows build in random map without pressing tab"

of course friends : )

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    On the other hand, one can eventually have an entire atlas full of T14-T16 maps. Which I love!

pretty excited for this, i understand GGG doesnt like that some players (like me) juice up a insane div card t16, and can self sustain while still making the most $$$ from elder and shaper bases

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    i dont understand all this talk of "maps" what is "maps" how does one do them

new skill system is a huge buff to doedre's skin

8 6links AND the c6curse totem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO2rfAJywR4&feature=youtu.be

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Fuck I need to do Shaper/Elder/Uber Elder before the end of the league lol
    Maybe I'll just pick up one of my guys from Standard and do it there

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I can easily kill Shaper/Uber Elder if you provide the guardian maps.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

I can easily kill Shaper/Uber Elder if you provide the guardian maps.

uhhhhh first I need to get a character that far in the Atlas lmao

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

Can someone explain this requirement to me. I don't think I've ever killed Uber Elder either although I know I'm there having died plenty times to Uber Elder.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Can someone explain this requirement to me. I don't think I've ever killed Uber Elder either although I know I'm there having died plenty times to Uber Elder.

The Shaper/Elder storyline is being removed in 3.9 in about 3 weeks. It's being replaced by an entirely new Atlas system with it's own storyline about how the Exiles that killed Elder went mad with power and took over the Atlas.
    Shaper/Elder/Uber will still be available, but with no more linear path to them, the Guardians will now be random rare Zana missions for Shaper and random map bosses for Elder. I've never done them, so I've never gotten any of the story or done the fights.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    also a bunch of trash uniques become amazing if they retain their "socketed gems are supported by" modifiers

eg gloves that were previously a 5l are now 7l

doryanis fist now free 6/7l rather than 5l

etc

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    As much as I do support announcing PoE 2 now, it's going to be a painful 12-16 months because the new socket system alone is so much better. Hopefully the expansions and leagues in between will be a bit of a balm.

• Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    As much as I do support announcing PoE 2 now, it's going to be a painful 12-16 months because the new socket system alone is so much better. Hopefully the expansions and leagues in between will be a bit of a balm.

that might well go into a league before poe2 campaign officially drops

theyre rolling out all mechanics changes incrementally as they are ready to be sure they are actually good

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

theyre rolling out all mechanics changes incrementally as they are ready to be sure they are actually good

This may change, but I believe Chris said specifically that as many changes as possible are getting rolled out as fast as possible, skills 2.0 and story 2.0 being the things waiting for PoE2

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

This may change, but I believe Chris said specifically that as many changes as possible are getting rolled out as fast as possible, skills 2.0 and story 2.0 being the things waiting for PoE2

Yeah I heard this too, like the defining difference between the two games is the socket system.

• Options
    i wasn't listening too closely so could well be right but we can always hope

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I'm guessing trying to lay out a 3.9 tree right now is likely a fools errand?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    they seem really happy with their current tree, id suspect minor changes at best

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    3.9 tree will have different bow nodes for sure

every time they do a skill revamp and add new supports/mechanics they intensify the detail and interest of the associated passive areas

but would be broadly similar elsewhere

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Ah, I was looking at a bow build. But it was fun to kind of tool around in that area anyways. Its nice starting out down relatively close to all those life nodes.

• Options
    the truth of builds is that given the only requirements are [credible life/defense investment] + [credible offensive investment (that due to scaling issues is basically a reasonably similar number of nodes each time due to marginal returns then jewelsockets.jpg)] + [can i path to keystones] its almost never the case u find something super interesting with build planning unless its jewel socket shenanigans imo

even if u realise at level 80 ur build sucks its like hey, u got 16 free regrets and a bunch of c, not like u cant get those regrets real speedy!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I picked this back up recently (after starting a Templar in ... betrayal?) and just got to act 4.

Does scion stay unlocked? Would I be able to make one at the start of Metamorph?

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I am thinking Duelist bow is better this time.
    Noggin wrote: »
    I picked this back up recently (after starting a Templar in ... betrayal?) and just got to act 4.

Does scion stay unlocked? Would I be able to make one at the start of Metamorph?

Scion is unlocked forever for you now.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    But it's still locked because Witch is objectively the best class anyways

Fight me

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    3.9 tree will have different bow nodes for sure

every time they do a skill revamp and add new supports/mechanics they intensify the detail and interest of the associated passive areas

but would be broadly similar elsewhere

GGG has a history of nerfing what's currently the meta and then over correcting in a weak area such that it becomes the new meta. If you look at Legion, for example, they buffed melee and drastically over corrected on cyclone. Then in Blight, they nerfed cyclone and drastically over corrected on summons. Now in metamorphosis we know they're buffing bow builds and it's not hard to predict that summons will be nerfed.

I think GGG has a really strong handle on how their game works from a numbers perspective, but sometimes misses out on big ticket issues that aren't directly numbers related. For example, back in Harbinger, GGG simplified minion pathfinding to reduce server loads. The result of this was that minions moved much less often, and were effectively nerfed. Other than this issue, Minion builds have been in a good place. But GGG added Feeding Frenzy, which effectively undoes this nerf, and then buffed minion builds on top of this.

Or like with Cyclone. The melee imbalance issue isn't because melee lacks appropriate damage, it's because melee skills are, generally, limited to a very small area adjacent to their character while non-melee builds are able to hit large portions of the screen (e.g. tornado shot, which is why MF tornado shot has always been popular) or even clear the maximum area that mobs will load (ED/Contagion). Cyclone became so popular, because it's area could become so large that a normal build would be hitting to the edges of the screen, and a high end headhunter build could hit every mob in a legion 5-way.

The issues with the non-Tornado Shot bow skills aren't related to the damage they do, but the fact that they only deal damage in a small area compared to the huge spread TS gives you. Look at Lightning Arrow, Ice Shot, or other skills.

I think GGG is taking the right cue for the direction that metamorphosis appears to be headed in, with a focus on spawning more difficult to kill rares/bosses. Almost all of the leagues in Atlas of Awakening (3.0 and onwards) have been focused on clear speed meta. In fact, I think out of the past 5 leagues, only Betrayal wasn't focused on greatly rewarding clear speed. Legion was definitely the penultimate example.

• Options
    Agreed on that analysis. I am very happy Metamorph will feature more big battles rather than more mob fountains, because as much as I love GOFAST leagues I like the idea of customizing one single nasty enemy and whittling it down rather than dealing with a whole big chaotic stress-mess. I also think it's time melee and single-target builds got a league more suited to them.

• Options
    i wonder if any will have unwavering...

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Just realized that in a league full of bosses Slayer is going to be very very popular.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    So with Elder/Shaper being pushed to the background a bit, does this mean shaped/elder items are going to become much more rare?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    So with Elder/Shaper being pushed to the background a bit, does this mean shaped/elder items are going to become much more rare?

Imagine the prices on a good Watchers Eye

• Options
    edited November 2019
    They are splitting the Elder and Shaper mods into the four new orbs' pools of mods, no? Also there are now four types of 'influence' on gear, and you can fuse two into a new one with mods from said pools. That might actually help a bit unless the new orbs and influenced items are real bastard hard to get/fuse successfully.

Absalon on
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I wonder if they'll increase the droprate on the celestial hideout. I think I've probably done ~200 shapers total and no luck so far

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    They said it was going to become much harder to get, so I doubt it

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Okay so heres how it worked. if you just did all the T15 maps and opened the elder fight in the center, thats regular elder. if you opened them all up, then manipulated the 'blob' so that it goes into the center and covers all 4 T15 and the T16 center maps, then do elder, you are doing uber elder.

Trust me, getting that damn blob to go where you want it can be a pain in the ass...especially when T15's are really hard for your character. Thats why people offer to do it for free...so they can test a build on him without wasting all that investment.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    heres the thing about maps

theres no map or atlas that leads u to the true endgame... friendship

thank u for reading my post

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    heres the thing about maps

theres no map or atlas that leads u to the true endgame... friendship

thank u for reading my post

Thats why you build to solo it :)

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

The Shaper/Elder storyline is being removed in 3.9 in about 3 weeks. It's being replaced by an entirely new Atlas system with it's own storyline about how the Exiles that killed Elder went mad with power and took over the Atlas.
    Shaper/Elder/Uber will still be available, but with no more linear path to them, the Guardians will now be random rare Zana missions for Shaper and random map bosses for Elder. I've never done them, so I've never gotten any of the story or done the fights.

So it's a lore thing. Not having actually completed Uber Elder won't impact anything otherwise (say like unlocking Scion in Act 3).

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options

So it's a lore thing. Not having actually completed Uber Elder won't impact anything otherwise (say like unlocking Scion in Act 3).

Yeah p much this.

I'd kill the shaper for the cheevo

• Options
    So I just wanna clarify. 3.9 is going to have the new graphics engine right? 4.0 is going to be the skill gem (the gems link with other gems thing) changes and the new campaign right but the graphics upgrades are happening in 3.9?

• Options
    Graphics are 4.0 afaik.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I could be wrong, but I remember them saying that some areas are going to have the new graphics in 3.9, like Lioneye's Watch.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Graphics will be updated as they come available, as the whole system is slowly replaced with new bits to no longer resemble the original. As far as I know, the only things that they are specifically holding for PoE2 are Skills 2.0 and Story 2.0.

This discussion has been closed.