As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Aren't the Warcy durations supposed to be going up as well? W/o using mob mentality could you end up where the rage is falling off anyways before you need to refresh?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Berserker changes seem like it work well with the new timeless notable that passively generates rage.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling ill be able to get war cry and exert min max nodes on tree along with new improved 2h nodes

May no longer be a stun build but a shouty screen filling ground slammer. Rename it to glorybringer ala ahmonkhet exerts from mtg

Excited for league start

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Chieftain changes released, and we've got a change to Valako I don't quite understand, and Tawhoa is an additional Fists of War, which seems maybe real bonkers.

Edit: It looks like Valako is a slight buff, where you just have a flat 15% more damage if you've lost an endurance charge, instead of ramping to 15%.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Bex let Zizaran choose a random number to get a random patch note. He picked 376.

Then she let him pick another, he did 177.

extremely useful information
    Out of all the skills with 150% effectiveness, it's most likely Consecrated Path

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    They can buff the damage of Arctic Breath and change the name all they want; nobody's gonna use a skill that's mechanically worse than the other spell Cold DoT options

the projectile's way too slow

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    They can buff the damage of Arctic Breath and change the name all they want; nobody's gonna use a skill that's mechanically worse than the other spell Cold DoT options

the projectile's way too slow

What about Creeping Frost Arcanist Brands? Then they are always being cast on top of whatever they are attached to rather than from you.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Nvm, I misread

Second edit: can you convert more than 100% of a damage type?

Brody on

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Brody wrote: »
    Nvm, I misread

Second edit: can you convert more than 100% of a damage type?

If you have a physical attack that does 300 damage, and you convert 50% to fire and 50% to cold, then you do 150 fire and 150 cold. Easy.

But if you then put on another piece of equipment that doesn't change number of damage at all, but adds 50% physical to lightning conversion, then we gotta do complicated stuff.

In particular, we take our 150% conversion, then keep the ratios of the conversions but change it back to base 100, so: each 50% conversion is a third of the total (150%) conversion, so they each convert a third of your 300 physical damage. That results in 100 fire, 100 lightning, 100 cold damage.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Lion Sword: Base attacks per second is now 1.45 (from 1.4), Implicit now grants +50 to Strength and Dexterity.

There are some interesting implicit changes for weapons

• Options
    I was wondering how Nghamu's Flame would work with Ice Crash, which now converts 100% of physical to cold.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I was wondering how Nghamu's Flame would work with Ice Crash, which now converts 100% of physical to cold.

Without any other sources of conversion, you'd end up converting 2/3 of your damage to cold and 1/3 to fire, as Ngamahu's converts 50% of phys to fire.

EDIT: which would be a little bad, given you also have fire penetration on Ngamahu's that wouldbe 2/3s wasted.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Without any other sources of conversion, you'd end up converting 2/3 of your damage to cold and 1/3 to fire, as Ngamahu's converts 50% of phys to fire.

EDIT: which would be a little bad, given you also have fire penetration on Ngamahu's that wouldbe 2/3s wasted.

I'm thinking of going Ice Crash -> Cold to Fire. Also really struggling to resist the urge to do something like Frostblades Raider and switching to HPT ice crash at the end.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Deadeye magma orb?

Gathering winds, +1 chain, +1 proj, 10% more dmg per remaining chain, far shot and inc proj speed, 50% inc aoe?

Maybe.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    My Archmage Arc Ignite Trickster idea limps but can still get to 2m Shaper DPS (Vaal Arc ignites) with some investment in Awakened skill gems and influenced items. I am going to wait for fully updated POB before committing one way or the other.

Magma Orb Occultist maybe....

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Or maybe I'll go with my gut and just Consecrated Path fkn Jugg

• Options
  • Options
    Apparently the Scion still has the endurance charge generation

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    I’m thinking bout ice trapping

how about u think about this

1cxwgnu7q8rr.png

Ice trap was buffed!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What would be the best skill to use on a pure phys impale champ for use with the new node that stacks 4 impales at once but puts a 4s cooldown on impaling? Sunder? And also how does Shockwave interact with Impale, and how does Shockwave interact with Facebreakers, since I think Bex said you can use Shockwave unarmed now.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Either a slammy zerker or VD spellslinger I think.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    What would be the best skill to use on a pure phys impale champ for use with the new node that stacks 4 impales at once but puts a 4s cooldown on impaling? Sunder? And also how does Shockwave interact with Impale, and how does Shockwave interact with Facebreakers, since I think Bex said you can use Shockwave unarmed now.

Facebreakers needs a lot of flat physical on an attack, so probably none of the Slam skills, but we'll have to wait for gem data later today.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I’m thinking bout ice trapping

how about u think about this

1cxwgnu7q8rr.png

Ice trap was buffed!

faith is rewarded
    Facebreakers needs a lot of flat physical on an attack, so probably none of the Slam skills, but we'll have to wait for gem data later today.

big %damage multipliers work fine for this purpose cos u can get lots of flat phys other places

also rigwalds curse to throw crit into the mix

if ur doing an exert build then wardens brand, for example, becomes very attractive due to not caring that much about the attack speed penalty

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    also rallying cry has some very interesting interactions with, for example, arakaalis fang, scourge, herald of purity, baron zombies, srs, phantasm....

im sure u can see where taht is going

or u could go new al dhih, scourge, rigwald ring

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I think the tree has enough warcry speed to get you down to a .34 second cast speed per warcry, w/o using any cluster jewels. Obviously not as much fun as instant, but still short enough that I don't think I'll mind it. Especially if you are using a real slow attack with lots of time between swings.

• Options
    oh yeah u could go like ungils harmony augyre cast on crit w/ ele overload and get nearly 100% attack crit free... augyre has like 13% bsae crit, just ungils harmony is like 350% so thats like 60% crit without anything else

noice

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, on the one hand, E Q J U G G.

On the other hand...240% damage effectiveness Fireball. Both of these are tempting.

Characters
  • Options
    also u could automate minion summoning with arcanist brand....

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I feel like with all the increases to the Rage cap, zerker with the two Rigwalds weapons could be really nuts. I think your at 90 rage with the new Notables and the sword and axe.

270% attack damage, 135% attack speed, and 54% movement speed seems ridiculous.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    also u could automate minion summoning with arcanist brand....

I tried Animate Weapon necro 1 league too soon

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I feel like with all the increases to the Rage cap, zerker with the two Rigwalds weapons could be really nuts. I think your at 90 rage with the new Notables and the sword and axe.

270% attack damage, 135% attack speed, and 54% movement speed seems ridiculous.

There also appears to be 40% worth of "You lose Rage 20% slower" on the tree now around the Duelist area, +20% if you use Axes.

Characters
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zerker can still be very strong I think, they just made making a synergistic zerker build slightly more complicated and less straightforward/apparent.

Absalon on
  • Options
    50% MORE damage on attacks that are already turbo boosted with teh changes to stun also lets you get closer to hitting the dream stun durations of multiple seconds + on bosses

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    50% MORE damage on attacks that are already turbo boosted with teh changes to stun also lets you get closer to hitting the dream stun durations of multiple seconds + on bosses

The dream of landing an Exerted Ruthless stunning hit.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

One of the warcries does 4 exerted hits, right?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Sure, and I guess with HOP no longer granting flat phys, it sort of dicks that up. But Champ gives flat phys per impale, Abyssus has a big chunk, and a couple rings with flat phys can make a big difference. I also realized you can't use perforate unarmed, so that sucks since it adds flat phys now. Still interested in seeing how Shockwave interacts with Facebreakers. I assume it works exactly like I think in that it's basically a base 1600%~ damage attack.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »

One of the warcries does 4 exerted hits, right?

2 to 8, depending on the warcry. And you can pickup a notable on the tree that gives +1 Exerts from Warcries.

Characters
  • Options
    Almost final idea: Champion Earthquake Impale with the new notable that stacks 5 stacks of Impale, and Warcry nodes.

Characters
This discussion has been closed.