As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Honestly I'm happy for both sides. I'm not sure how far the Yotes will go but this should be fun to watch.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Can't see Hall staying in Phoenix after this year. The roster doesn't inspire much confidence after a look at the depth chart. They seem thin at centre and goalie, which are kind of important!

:so_raven:
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

I think we just need to call it "The Svechnikov" now

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Corvus wrote: »
    Can't see Hall staying in Phoenix after this year. The roster doesn't inspire much confidence after a look at the depth chart. They seem thin at centre and goalie, which are kind of important!

It's pretty widely known that he's going to free agency, any team trading for him already knew that. coyotes see an opportunity in a wild pacific division this year, and are going for it.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Seriously though, last year the Leafs were the team with the least penalties against in the league, so far this year they're 4th least. Crazy how teams seem to clean up their play against the Leafs specifically.

People have run the numbers and found that the strongest factor in determining which team will take the next penalty is which team was last on the power play. Refs have a clear bias to "keep things even" and give make up calls, even if the two teams are not remotely even in terms of actual infractions committed.

call the goddamn rulebook

• Options
    Also goons with an axe to grind shouldn't be in charge of the department of player safety. Looking at you George Parros.

• Options
    I do really like the Ducks as the one real outlier to that. In a fairly called sport there should be no real connection between the two axes, and teams should be scattered all over. That the Ducks managed to be above well above average in penalties taken while still getting a well below average number of power plays shows just how much of a bunch of assholes they had assembled in Anaheim.

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    The Sharks, down 3-2, had 48 seconds of 6 vs 3 power play to end the game last night.

They did not register a shot on goal during that time.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I guess the chart as shown could also somewhat correspond to teams actually choosing to play more or less rough when you know you are going up against certain teams?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I don't think so? if that was the case you'd think it would even out even more with teams clustered right around the center. As is, you've got plenty of teams that play rough consistently, and teams that play more clean and there's clear division between the two.

Also if the last few years of Leafs-Bruins games I've watched are the Bruins playing "clean" to match their opponent, then I can only assume their games against "rough" teams are just continuous spears, slashes, and Chara literally lassoing younger defencemen he can no longer catch.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    It'd be cool if some non-penguins team in the metro would start losing games.

Top five teams in their last 10 are
    8-2
    7-3
    7-2-1
    7-3
    6-4

Penguins keep rolling along, but making no progress.

Still missing Crosby. And Dumolin.

Aaaaaand hornqvist and bjugstad and Shultz.

• Options
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    This sure is some kind of garbage

snip

Could be wrong here, but looks like they get tangled together and Muzzin just sort of loses his balance and slips. Don't think he intended to have him hit the back of his head like that.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He moves his right leg forward into Manta intentionally. That should be 20 games but will be nothing.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    He puts his knee into the back of mantha's, and pushes him backwards from his face.

It's a dangerous slew foot, even if he did it the "normal" way without grabbing the guy's head.

• Options
    I fully admit my bias on this but I just don’t see that. Also while Muzzin is a physical player, I don’t believe he’s ever been suspended or has a track record for dirty plays in the last.

What I see is Mantha puts him in a headlock, he twists and tries to get leverage to get out of it, and they both fall awkwardly.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    It really looks like he gets put into a headlock and then slipped and fell.

Shortly after, as retaliation, Kerfoot was intentionally knee-on-kneed at centre ice. I won't be surprised if Muzzin gets suspended and Athanasiou gets no hearing.

https://youtu.be/jOHNxHVEOKg

Dissociater on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Lost in all this Fabbri manages to get a 2.4k fine for spearing Kerfoot earlier in the game...

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Not sure why you need to play dirty against Detroit. The Dead Things are godawful

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Might have to watch this whole leafs hurricanes game sometime tonight on NHL.tv

Looks silly

Burtletoy on
  • Options
  • Options
    Might have to watch this whole leafs hurricanes game sometime tonight on NHL.tv

Looks silly

It was madness

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Jake geuntzal had successful shoulder surgery and it put 4-6months. Might miss the playoffs. This is fine.

Add him to the list

So I'm guessing they'll send Rust to the all Star game now?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    It's really getting to some 1980's level with the scores lately. Canucks-Hawks today was absurd.

Tanner Pearson now on pace for a career year too.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Habs sign Kovalchuck! 1 year deal @ $700K.

Hard to see how it really help the Habs to sign an over the hill guy who couldn't even make the roster in LA. I see it as a PR move. Blantatly giving up on the season would lead to empty seats in the arena and loss of revenue for Molson. This move sends the message they are not giving up on the season.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    In case you wanted to feel old today.....

• Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Habs sign Kovalchuck! 1 year deal @ $700K.

Hard to see how it really help the Habs to sign an over the hill guy who couldn't even make the roster in LA. I see it as a PR move. Blantatly giving up on the season would lead to empty seats in the arena and loss of revenue for Molson. This move sends the message they are not giving up on the season.

Eh, it’s completely risk free, if he doesn’t work out they can bury his entire salary in the minors if they want, and he might still be able to contribute on the power play, which is one area where Montreal desperately needs help. Also with Gallagher added to the ever growing list of injured forwards, they need *someone* to play

• Options
    Jim Montgomery opened up today about why he was fired last month. Said it was the "appropriate call" and is seeking treatment for alcohol problems

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Good guys vs the bad guys for gold at the World Juniors.

Also good guys vs bad guys for bronze if you are from Scandinavia

• Options

If anything that should be worth two points IMO

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Is it not simply that it's above the crossbar when he contacts it? What was the call?

• Options
  • Options
    Yeah, I remember an instance of that, maybe four or five years ago.

Was disallowed then, too.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    It always amazes me that these professional athletes often don't know a lot of the rules of the sport they are paid to play. Granted a headbutt 'goal' is very rare but it's the exact same rule that says you can't throw or kick the puck into the net.

If he had just let the puck bounce in off his helmet without making a forward motion it's a good goal.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Yeah, I remember an instance of that, maybe four or five years ago.

Was disallowed then, too.

Andrew Shaw - 2OT in the WCF in I think 2015

This discussion has been closed.