As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    He might get swept up by the Stars, given that they're running on an interim head coach right now.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Most teams that fire their coach during the season keep the replacement, even if it's just interim, for the remainder of the season, as much so the players don't have to attempt to learn yet another system in the middle of the season. Not to say it won't happen, but I'd be surprised if it does.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    It looks like they're wearing half-capes.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It looks better in this video. Not sure why the promo pictures the stripes all line up yet in this video they don’t.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    My guess is the stripes are supposed to line up, but pads/sweatshirts/sweaters will cause the stripes on the sleeves to be further up the arm. Also photoshop.

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    If you think these are bad, wait until you see the Kings’ counterpart.

• Options
    I don't hate them, they just look very different.

I do appreciate the attempt to integrate the stupid Adidas collar design into the top of the mountain to make it look slightly less stupid that the front of the collar is different than the rest of it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Not sure if you are all aware, but league wide scoring is up considerably this season. No one's really sure why. But there is definitely some weird stuff going on this year

Burtletoy wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    It really really is

Goalies are voodoo

• Options
    Remember that one time Brad marchand forgot how to do a breakaway?

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Man I hate when the Bolts play on NBCSN.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I've seen a bunch of ads for Peacock on Twitter recently. NBCs new streaming platform that they say is free? I'm really hoping NBCSN is included in the "free streaming" part

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular

Ya I don't have TV, just usually watch on nhl.tv since I live out of market. I'd have to go to a bar somewhere that plays hockey to watch any national broadcast game of theirs.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Ok. It’s me. I’m the one that just Loves the Marty Brodeur Enterprise commercial!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    H0b0man wrote: »

Ya I don't have TV, just usually watch on nhl.tv since I live out of market. I'd have to go to a bar somewhere that plays hockey to watch any national broadcast game of theirs.

Since I live in Tampa I get to watch it on FSN Florida or whatever it is. And I really do enjoy our commentators. I believe he is leaving at the end of the season to retire. At that point I’ll reevaluate. But I really think our commentators are good compared to others around the league. Our radio guys are the best as well. NBCSN guess always saying makes wrong takes me out of the game at times trying to figure out who their talking about.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Ya the FSN guys are pretty good. One of the things I like about nhl.tv is that I can watch either the home or away broadcast so I can still listen to them even though I haven't lived in Florida for years.

And yes the Mishkin radio highlights are always a fun listen.

• Options

I've seen a bunch of ads for Peacock on Twitter recently. NBCs new streaming platform that they say is free? I'm really hoping NBCSN is included in the "free streaming" part

Nope. the NBC Sports part will be behind the pay tiers, either $5/month with ads/free if you're an xfinity subscriber, or $10/month ad free/$5 if you are an xfinity subscriber.

• Options
    Well fuck. Maybe at least they'll stream the games that they already call free(if you put in your non-free cable subscription login)?

• Options
    I doubt it. I'll sometimes use my sister's cable login to watch things that require you to log in, but her cable package doesn't include NBCSports so it doesn't work for that. I can't imagine that will change with this new service.

• Options
    TV rights for sports remains one of the last bastions of traditional/cable TV. They are one of the very few things left that are live and worth watching, so they'll be among the last to go streaming only, at least in some aspects.

I'm in Canada so it's a bit different than the US, but my ISP got me to subscribe to cable for two more years in December when i was really thinking about dropping it. Here in Canada Sportsnet and TSN are the two main Cable sports channels, and they actually both have streaming packages where you can get all of their content streaming, which is actually kinda great. The problem is to subscribe to both of them at the level I would need to would be $48/month. and my ISP offered me a package where the cost of a TV package with both TSN and Sportsnet was $40/month. And that includes access to the streaming versions of the content. It was a no brainier.

Yes, I could have dumped cable, and only subscribed to the streaming packages I needed for the months I actually watch those channels, but honestly the way they split the sports rights in canada I'd subscribe to both for at least 10 months of the year so it's not worth it to juggle/manage.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Remember a week ago, when there were two points between first and fifth place in the Pacific division? The race has TIGHTENED

btft672sg3wc.jpg

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    As an Oilers fan I'm going to have a heart attack before this season is over.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Haha, that's amazing!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    As an Oilers fan I'm going to have a heart attack before this season is over.

If you're an Oilers fan, shouldn't you already be dead?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    How are points earned?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    You get two points for a win under any circumstance.
    If you lose in overtime (happens if tied after 60 minutes) or in a shootout (happens if tied after five minutes of 3-on-3 overtime), you get a single point.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So if a match goes into overtime, the winner gets 2 pts, and the loser would also get 1?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    The stupidest thing in hockey, yes.

Some games worth 3 points and some games are worth 2.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

If the 3-2-1-0 system was in place, what would that 5 way race look like?

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    It comes up every year but pretty much the primary reason the NHL still uses the system 2-0-1 it has now is because it keeps the playoff race tight until well into the final weeks of the season and they can use this to drive ticket sales for those games.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

I was curious too, so I did the math real quick. It's still pretty tight. Edmonton and Vancouver would be tied with 79 points, Arizona and Vegas both would have 76 and Calgary would have 74

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Yeah it's one of those things where you can do the math every season and the standings are going to look almost the same. couple teams move, but generally of the 16 teams that make the playoffs usually 15 or so still end up in.

People cry for the 3-2-1-0 system so that way all the games are worth the same, and I'm among those people, but realistically it doesn't change a whole bunch.

• Options
    I totally forgot it's hocky break for the All Star game/etc. I'm looking forward to watching the skills competition, sort of. The actual All Star game is boring for me.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Penguins flyers today.

Flyers social media group dropped this gem ahead of the game

• Options
    I totally forgot it's hocky break for the All Star game/etc. I'm looking forward to watching the skills competition, sort of. The actual All Star game is boring for me.

In the KHL all star game last week, they had Linus Omark, former left wiger for parts of three NHL seasons, play goalie and he won the game for his team in the shootout.

So, the all star game could be fun, if the NHL were a fun league

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I live in Philly but I'm a Pens fan. Saw this and had a good chuckle.

I could use that GIF in so many places.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Good guys win the women’s 3 on 3 challenge at the All Star game

• Options
    FUCK! I thought the Skills was on Saturday!!!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That's normally what happens to me; just happened to be able to catch it on live broadcast this year

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Elias Pettersson with the third hardest shot as the only forward and smallest competitor by 20-50 pounds

This discussion has been closed.