As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Marchand gives dirty cross check to the back in net front scrum

Marchand receives dirty cross check to the back in net front scrum

I mean, this is kind of the issue we just talked about, but also it looked like the ref was pointing at both.

Yeah, he pointed at both, but the actual result was only one penalty. Which it is quite obvious those are identical plays

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    fun fact for the Leafs fans in the house, Nick Robertson is having himself a year

yxep4bqbttkt.png
    lpoqgi6snxtv.png

In addition to being the OHL's leading goal scorer despite playing fewer games than anyone else in the top 10 (see spoiler for Goals/Games Played), he's also the youngest player in the top 5, having barely qualified for last year's draft by 4 days. He's all of one month older than the consensus #1 pick in the upcoming draft, Alexis Lafreniere. This is not a case of an older player running up the score on younger competition - Robertson won't even be old enough to jump to the AHL next year, he's still got another full year of junior ahead of him.

...and the Leafs got him in the second round, 53rd overall.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    additional shoutouts to Quinton Byfield, who is in the top 5 for goals/games played at 17 (and 4th for points/games played), there's a reason he's projected to go #2 in the draft

also Shane Wright, a rookie who only just turned 16 last month and is in the top 10 for goals. He's not even draft eligible until 2022.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Montreal coach Claude Julien was fined $10k for criticizing the refs. He could have saved himself half of that fine just by cross-checking someone in the throat instead.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Montreal coach Claude Julien was fined $10k for criticizing the refs. He could have saved himself half of that fine just by cross-checking someone in the throat instead.

What's the fine for crosschecking a ref?

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »

What's the fine for crosschecking a ref?

I mean, pushing on was, what, a 16 game suspension, iirc, which was brought down in arbitration to 10?

• Options
    Dennis wideman. 20 game suspension, arbitration down to 10 games. Had already server 19games of the suspension by the time the arbitration was concluded.

NHL rulebook says intentionally injuring a ref is 20 games, and unintentional is 10 games.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    In 6 days the Avs have now lost...

Kadri - 4-6 weeks
    Grubauer - Indefinitely
    Calvert - “Weeks”
    Rantanen - Who knows....

But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Canucks get Toffoli from LA. Don't love the price they paid, but Boeser is out for a bit and Ferland is done for the year, and possibly for his career. Needed wing help.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Boeser might be done for the year. Aaaaaah!

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Leivo is done for the year too. Benning had to do this, the Canucks need a playoff berth. Ideally it puts us in a spot that's as good as we've been all season... But was even that enough in this division? It's so hard to read.

I'd be happier watching Boeser score than Toffoli, but if he drives some extra possession and sparks up a strong Horvat line I'll be chuffed.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    This one is pretty silly

Edit: no Malkin tonight, out for sickness. Along with bjugstad. And Dumolin. And Kahun. And guentzel. ...I think that might be all of them missing?

Penguins move up to first in the metro, with a game in hand over the caps, after beating the leafs 5-2.

I guess that's good.

Edit 2: John Marino, also out. Knew I was missing someone

Edit 3: actually at home now and watching the game. Kahun is in! After missing the last 8. So I lied earlier

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I feel like there have been a lot of season ending injuries this year.

• Options
    This one is pretty silly

Edit: no Malkin tonight, out for sickness. Along with bjugstad. And Dumolin. And Kahun. And guentzel. ...I think that might be all of them missing?

Penguins move up to first in the metro, with a game in hand over the caps, after beating the leafs 5-2.

I guess that's good.

Edit 2: John Marino, also out. Knew I was missing someone

Edit 3: actually at home now and watching the game. Kahun is in! After missing the last 8. So I lied earlier

This is old, but I saw it yesterday and it might be the most accurate hockey tweet ever.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Ha! Steve Dangle still makes references to that tweet on a regular basis. (He likes to use it to describe McDavid's linemates)

• Options
    The 1980 us men's Olympic team appeared on stage in Vegas for a rasict ass trump rally to remind everyone what hockey is really about. Hating non-white people.

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    The 1980 us men's Olympic team appeared on stage in Vegas for a rasict ass trump rally to remind everyone what hockey is really about. Hating non-white people.

Damn, they suck.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

Not sure what they are talking about here, but the Red Wings have been eliminated from the playoffs since like November basically

• Options
    Huh. Surprises me that the last team wasn’t the 2016-17 Avs with their massive season ending 48 points.

• Options
  • Options
    Emergency backup goalie situation in the Carolina vs leafs game.

Minor league Zamboni driver in net for the canes, up 4-3

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Carolina's up 5-3 now early in the third. Credit to them, they're really giving their all in front of the guy, shots right now are 43-19 Canes.

edit: The Toronto crowd is kind of adorably conflicted. They really need this game but they can't help cheering the emergency goalie every time he touches the puck.

more edit: 6-3!!

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    This is the saddest thing I have ever seen from a hockey team

the Leafs are going to lose to their AHL team's zamboni driver

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is he literally the zamboni driver?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
  • Options
    A thousand beer league goalies are going to be at the arena super early this week

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    How did they pick him to be the goalie?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    How did they pick him to be the goalie?

I think each team has a list of people who can be called upon should the need arise

• Options
    Every home team is required to have an Emergency Backup Goalie on standby for every game, in case either team loses both their starter and backup

usually it's stuff like this, or former college players from local rec leagues, stuff like that

Even though it's my team he beat, this is still an awesome story - according to the broadcast he is the first ever EBUG to be credited with an NHL win

• Options
    Is he literally the zamboni driver?

for the Toronto Marlies, yes

• Options
    David Ayres has as many wins in 2020 as Henrik Lundqvist.

• Options
    edited February 2020

quovadis13 wrote: »
    Hockey culture is good sometimes y’all

Edit: I just realized this tidbit hadn't reached the thread yet, so for context - Ayres received a kidney transplant in 2004

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Turns out data and analytics can't build a fucking team that wants to play hockey.

• Options
    Turned on Tradecentre and it’s been so long since I watched any panels on TSN that I completely forgot they have Jeff O’Neill on there. Still. Is there really anyone that wakes up and goes “Oh man I can’t wait to hear what O’Dog has to say today!”?

• Options

The kind of trade deadline coverage everyone does crave

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Hutchinson to COL for Calle Rosen. I have no idea how much this helps the D corps for Toronto

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    The Oilers added Anthanasiou and Mike Green from Detroit and Tyler Ennis from Ottawa and the only NHL player they gave up was Sam Gagner to make the money work on Anthanasiou.

The team is actively getting better and going for it.

It's so weird.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Hutchinson to COL for Calle Rosen. I have no idea how much this helps the D corps for Toronto
    It doesn’t. He’ll just go back to the Marlies like prior to the Kadri/Barrie trade.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    wunderbar wrote: »
    The Oilers added Anthanasiou and Mike Green from Detroit and Tyler Ennis from Ottawa and the only NHL player they gave up was Sam Gagner to make the money work on Anthanasiou.

The team is actively getting better and going for it.

It's so weird.

In regards to the Red Wing trades

Ken Holland’s going to trade a 3rd for his old office chair next.

This discussion has been closed.