As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I've got Comcast in Seattle. There's a relatively low tier which has CBUT, the Vancouver CBC affiliate, so I at least have access to HNiC every Saturday. This year I sucked it up and paid for the Center Ice package because after a few seasons that were pretty dire the Canucks are fun again and I want to watch a game more than once every other week or so.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Yeah I would be estatic if I could pay for some form of a digital NHL.TV sub that would show me all of my teams games and nothign else. I'm ok with not being able to watch games, but let me watch my team at least. And yes, the playoffs need to be included!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Avs deserve to lose this one just because of Bednar’s jacket.

Is that a jacket or a blind? My wife responded with "Yes."

It was military appreciation night so that might be it? Like he tried?

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    They're putting Ayers goalie stick in the hockey hall of fame, which is, yeah sure. Whatever. Fine.

But the guy showing the stick wearing surgical gloves to touch it seems a bit much?

• Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Avs deserve to lose this one just because of Bednar’s jacket.

Is that a jacket or a blind? My wife responded with "Yes."

It was military appreciation night so that might be it? Like he tried?

Also it was his friends clothing company that makes that suit

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    They're putting Ayers goalie stick in the hockey hall of fame, which is, yeah sure. Whatever. Fine.

But the guy showing the stick wearing surgical gloves to touch it seems a bit much?

I'm happy for Ayres, but part of me thinks no one would give a shit about this if it wasn't the Leafs they beat.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I wonder how Scott Foster feels about all this. Why hasn't someone written that column?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options

I'm happy for Ayres, but part of me thinks no one would give a shit about this if it wasn't the Leafs they beat.

No one in Toronto would give a shit about it if it had happened to anyone but the Leafs, true.

It would have been a big story on the day it happened no matter which teams played the game. The fact that it has spun out into a week-long story is definitely due to the Toronto-centric hockey media industrial complex, though.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular

If the person holding the stick is a historian/archivist, they'll be touching every single artifact at the HHOF with gloves as a matter of procedure. It's not because that stick is ultra-special.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    I remember exactly where I was, who I was with, and how shit face drunk I was and became.

One of the best hockey moments I think I'll ever witness.

• Options
    Aridhol wrote: »
    I remember exactly where I was, who I was with, and how shit face drunk I was and became.

I need an agree button that only applies to your first sentence.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

I mean, you’ll always have that one game that you guys won once 40 years ago to continually talk about America. Just that one.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

I mean, you’ll always have that one game that you guys won once 40 years ago to continually talk about America. Just that one.

And watch them celebrate it complete with MAGA hats. God help me

• Options
    That 2010 team was one of the first times I'd ever rooted for American hockey, because I was too young for the Miracle and most of the teams that we sent to the Olympics in the 90s and 00s were full of guys that I loathed. I've always defaulted to rooting for Sweden, because their squads are always Canuck-heavy and my mom's side of the family tree is Swedes all the way down.

But suddenly in 2010 the US team actually had several guys that I liked. Meanwhile Canada was rolling with the likes of Pronger, Keith, Doughty, Getzlaf, Perry, et fucking cetera - that team was hip-deep in assholes. I'm usually pretty neutral towards the Canadian teams, but I actively disliked that year's edition.

That final was a helluva game, though. I felt good for Luongo at least.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    That 2010 game is the one that got me into the sport. I went to a few of the local ECHL team's games growing up as a kid and had fun, but I had almost no experience with the NHL. After watching the 2010 Olympics I decided that maybe there was something to this hockey thing and now it's one of my most watched sports right up there with football.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The NHL governers meeting has decided to recommend a change to the offsides rule. No longer need skate touching the ice, just need to be behind the verticle plane of the blue line.

Also, new pucks for player tracking in the playoffs!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Dumolin and Marino back in for the penguins tonight.

Penguins up 2-0 in less than two minutes with a goal from Marino

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Donk and Fibbet back in for the penguins tonight.

Penguins up 2-0 in less than two minutes with a goal from Fibbet

• Options
    Donk and fibbet are wingers, not defenseman!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    listen

listen

the only Penguins who matter are Crosby, Malkin, and Letang

you could replace any of the others with any other replacement level or better player and nobody would notice

• Options
    wait that's not true, if you replaced Jack Johnson with a replacement level player people would definitely notice

• Options
    I was gonna jump in and say "what about Matt Murray!?"

But then I remembered Tristan was an all star this season

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    This NBCSN announcers really seem biased towards Boston. Also I think that offsides call was to close to overturn. They decided way to fast.
    #conspiracytheory

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    This NBCSN announcers really seem biased towards Boston. Also I think that offsides call was to close to overturn. They decided way to fast.
    #conspiracytheory

Mike Millbury is biased towards Boston!?!

(just a random guess at who the NBCSN announcer is)

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The NHL governers meeting has decided to recommend a change to the offsides rule. No longer need skate touching the ice, just need to be behind the verticle plane of the blue line.

So the collector's market for pucks will be insane now

• Options
    #conspiracytheory

I don't watch much NBCSN any more, but if it's still the way it was a couple years ago they tilt heavily in the direction of Boston, Philly and Chicago

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    This is some scary stuff.

And I had to double check the first time I read 90 (!!!!) stitches.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    jesus

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    guess the goalie being cute and tripping him was maybe a bad idea

• Options
    #conspiracytheory

I don't watch much NBCSN any more, but if it's still the way it was a couple years ago they tilt heavily in the direction of Boston, Philly and Chicago

Mike Millbury played for Boston for 12 seasons and then coached them for 2. He's hella biased.

And also a piece of shit that physically assualts 12 year old kids.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I hope his eye is ok.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    I hope his eye is ok.

They said it was just his eyelid. The eye itself is somehow fine

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Saw a video of it last night during the Lightning game and was curious to what had happened. Then totally forgot about it as usual.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

So the collector's market for pucks will be insane now
    Maybe if it didn’t have Bettmans scribble

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    I just learned today that in the penguins game yesterday, they sent jack Johnson home for paternity leave.

In the middle of the game.

In dumolins first game since missing 38 and Marino first game in three weeks. They decided to voluntarily cut their d corp to five and send Johnson home.

Holy shit

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    So...... improvement?

• Options
    try to contain your surprise everyone, Tom Wilson is still dangerous trash!

The last angle (1:09ish) really makes it clear how much of a blindside charge that was, and how late

• Options
    fuck tom wilson for real

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Ok, who has Zibanejad on their fantasy team?

This discussion has been closed.