As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Man, fuck Bobby Orr.

I hope his agent clients leave him.

Edit:

Context:

Oh FFS, he's McDavid's agent.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    University of North Dakota announced today that they’ve dropped Mitchell Miller from their hockey program.

• Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    University of North Dakota announced today that they’ve dropped Mitchell Miller from their hockey program.

You love to see it.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Washington capitals blog Russian Machine Never Breaks is selling a new batch of t shirts

• Options
    This is great.

Gritty explained to the French

• Options
    NHL and Adidas revealed all the Reverse Retro jerseys for this upcoming season and a lot of them are really nice. I need that Avs/Nords jersey yesterday.

https://www.icethetics.com/news/nhl-and-adidas-unveil-slate-of-reverse-retro-jerseys

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    The Ducks sweater is amazing I will not be taking questions

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Kings are pretty good. I like the NYR one. The Ducks sweater is amazing...ly bad, and the Jets is pretty boring. For the most part though, I like what I see.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I like the Lightning jersey as I like blue!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    When do Kraken jerseys come out?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I would assume during the next off-season.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'd imagine the Seattle retro would marry the Metropolitan colors and perhaps design with either the tentacle S or Needle anchor logos.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Mario posted a video of himself trying on the new penguins reverse retro jersey. Just picked any old random room in his house to film it in, I'm sure.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Oh Mario's got the new jersey.... jesus, that's a lotta fuckin' trophies...

• Options
    Just had a look at his hockey DB. I love his 88-89 stat line. 199 Pts and 100 PIM!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So it's early yet, but for Sharks fans your second round pick from last year seems enormously skilled. Undersized (5'9" 180) but he did this last night (in 3 on 3 OT):

He's got 7 points in his first four college hockey games. Had 46 in 47 with the US development team last year. Also put on the PK as a true freshman and has been pretty good at it.

Once the draft happens I'll have reports on a bunch of guys because Michigan's freshmen class is loaded. Decent shot they have three of the top ten (Owen Power, Kent Johnson, Matt Bernier) picks.

Quick thoughts on them:
    Power is enormous and super young (turns 18 tomorrow, I think). Skilled defenseman, good skater, not quite used to being by far the best athlete on the ice yet so has been making a few mistakes (took a couple penalties last night because he wasn't expect the opponent to be as fast as they were).
    Johnson's offensive talent jumps off the screen. Enormously and obviously skilled. Also has 7 points in his first four games.
    Bernier is a very good two way player who immediately started centering Michigan's top line, relegating a Boston first round pick to the second line. His slack ass only has 5 points in 4 games.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

At least 4 nhl teams are trying to determine if they can do most/full season games outdoors during the upcoming season

• Options
    The way it’s going I’m starting to feel like we’ll be lucky if there’s games at all.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Why on earth are they still going to do the World Juniors this year? Are they stupid? Just cancel the damn tournament, it happens every freaking year. Who cares if we miss a year.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Article is behind the ESPN+ paywall, but I know at least a few of y'all live in the Seattle area, and if you've got the means I would appreciate it if you could throw some change at The Angry Beaver, which I'm pretty sure is the last bar I sat down and had drinks in (watching the Canucks lose in Columbus on March 1st). They've been flying the flag for hockey in the city for a while now and had been through a lot even before the pandemic, and it would be an absolute tragedy if they were to fold mere months before the Kraken arrive and turn this place into a hockey town. I'm not going to link the gofundme but it should be pretty easy to find.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/30439513/seattle-hockey-bar-hoping-survive-covid-19-pandemic-welcome-kraken-town

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Anyone else order a Reverse Retro jersey? Mine shipped yesterday!

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I like the Lightning jersey as I like blue!

I honestly think that if they replaced the old logo on the retro jersey with the current logo I'd prefer that to the ones we currently use.

Our current unis looks fine, but it's just a bit too close to Toronto's for my liking. The retro jersey keeps the same feel, but is distinctive enough that my brain won't get confused whenever I glance at a Toronto highlight.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Well, the Canucks anthem singer was going to sing at a anti-mask rally and just got fired by the team owner, on Twitter.

Dear god I wish Jason Botchford was alive to cover this.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Public hockey analytics guru twitter name @mannyelk was just hired by the seattle...

... Mariner's.

But that pretty cool, still.

And the Kraken already hired @nnstats who was also a public hockey analytics lady that was previously working for the philadelphia...

...eagles

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Hockey stats Twitter gonna be boring now.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Public hockey analytics guru twitter name @mannyelk was just hired by the seattle...

... Mariner's.

But that pretty cool, still.

And the Kraken already hired @nnstats who was also a public hockey analytics lady that was previously working for the philadelphia...

...eagles

something something gift of the magi something something

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Hockey stats Twitter gonna be boring now.

My hope is that the Mariners have the same policy as did the Philly Eagles for talking about other sports. Otherwise yeah, hockey twitter is gonna lose an incredible hulk of a shit poster.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    And the NHL is going to introduce ads on helmets for the upcoming season

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Gross

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    And King henrik just announced he won't be able to play for the Washington capitals (that feels weird to type) in the upcoming season due to a heart condition

• Options
    Huh. They're going to need to add another goalie I guess. Howard is still unsigned. Anderson and Miller are too, but I don't know if they're retiring or not.

• Options
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    well at least i don't have to root for the Caps this year then

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Season starts Jan 13th with realigned divisions

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    And helmet ads are go

• Options
    Call it the Canadian Division you cowards.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    So what are prorated numbers for goals and assists this year? Like if someone would be on a 100pt pace, how many points in 56 games? Is it 75-80?

• Options
    (100/82)*56=68.3

That .3 of a point is gonna be pretty hard to get

This discussion has been closed.