As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    How do waivers work? Is it just to send them down to the AHL affiliate, or can it be used to release a player?

Outright release is only when the team and the player mutually agree to a contract termination, which you see sometimes when players have a contract worked out to go play in Europe, and their NHL team doesn’t want them anymore.

Usually it is for sending them to the Ahl or this year also the taxi squad.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    in this case it really seems like a "yo, anyone else want this clown? we're sick of him"

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    in this case it really seems like a "yo, anyone else want this clown? we're sick of him"

you'd think with this being his third team he's burned through no one would want to take that on but it wouldn't be the first time a team has decided what they really need is someone who doesn't play well with others or take direction from coaches but also sometimes puts up halfway decent numbers

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    for all that teams justify playing/overpaying mediocre players because they're "good in the room", it'd be interesting if teams decide DeAngelo is actually locker room poison enough to make his skills not worth it

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Apparently he started a fight with the goalie after the penguins OT winner

Georgeiv seems like a pretty good guy! Random tweet but it links to an article on espn about him.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Also, people are assuming Georgiev is Russian (I did!)when he’s actually Bulgarian

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Also, people are assuming Georgiev is Russian (I did!)when he’s actually Bulgarian

The WWE did this for a while.....

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Happy Georgiev Day!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Speculation is Kreider was the one that punched TDA based on how his hand looked at his press conference

• Options
  • Options
    Tony DeAngelo and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

From everything I've heard, he'll fit right in.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Just finishing up the 2nd period of the Sens - Oilers.. absolute goal fest. 8 - 3 Oilers, McDavid with 5 points (1g/4a), Draisaitl with 6 (0g/6a).

!!!

• Options
    Just finishing up the 2nd period of the Sens - Oilers.. absolute goal fest. 8 - 3 Oilers, McDavid with 5 points (1g/4a), Draisaitl with 6 (0g/6a).

!!!

Going for the record, you love to see it

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

!!!

Going for the record, you love to see it

Not to be, unfortunately. But that was a lot of fun!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    earlier today DeAngelo is officially no longer a Ranger

tonight they finally beat the Penguins

coincidence?!?!?!?!!?!?

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Due to the injury to Letang in the first period (Dumolin, Petterson, Riikola, Matheson already missing time before the game) the penguins top two defensemen in ice time have played a combined 68 games in the NHL. And neither of them were in the penguins organization two seasons ago.

This P. O. Joeseph kid is pretty good, and Marino was amazing last year in his rookie season, but I really wish we didn't need to keep doing this every year!

Over 56 minutes tonight for this top pairing of defense men with 70 combined games of NHL experience

• Options
    I watched this loop 5 times and every time I said "what?!?" at the end

• Options
    Wild shut down until Feb 9th with apparently 5 players testing positive which is just swell considering they just played 3 games in 4 nights vs the Avs, who’ve placed only Tyson Jost into the COVID list so far. Though I guess to be fair, most of the rest of the team seems injured anyway.

And all this on the heels of the Devils/Sabres COVID fiasco. This season is going great.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm glad Pavs (so far anyway) is continuing to produce after he was resigned. Not so glad to see we are 3rd place with a 5-1-1 record. Seems like we are gonna have a season of haves and haves nots without much middle ground.

• Options
    Well, looks like the Sabres got infected by the Devils.

• Options
    Landeskog joins Jost on the COVID list. Meanwhile MacKinnon, Francouz, Johnson, Toews, Calvert and Bellmare are all out “week to week” with various injuries. This is fine.

• Options
    NHL Officiating is trash and the game is worse for it. I don't even believe it favours any particular teams, except it definitely favours teams that like to play shitty clutch & grab interference hockey. This whole "refs don't want to decide the game" shit has to stop, if a team breaks the rules, that's what is deciding the game, letting teams get away with shit is more of a thumb on the scales than calling the rule book would be.

Exhibit fucking A: Why was this a coincidental minor/why did Kakko get an embellishment penalty? I can't know what the ref was thinking, but I can make a pretty educated guess that it has something to do with it being late in the 3rd in a one-goal game.

(I'm not even going to use the example from the Leafs game tonight of obvious boarding right in front of a ref because I know I'm biased on that one)

• Options
    In happier news,

The Rangers are 2-0 without DeAngelo and clearly joking about the fight that got him tossed from the team

You absolutely love to see it

• Options
    embellishment is the stupidest penalty in hockey

either the one player committed a foul or the other player embellished. it makes absolutely no sense to call it both ways

• Options
    <Physics >

EMBELLISHMENT!!

• Options
    That knee-on-knee hit didnt Cam Neely him, so he must be embellishing?

NHL refs are weird....

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Honestly I'm fine with embellishment as a penalty, but any ref that both calls an actual penalty and embellishment on the same play should just be fired.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    LD50 wrote: »
    Honestly I'm fine with embellishment as a penalty, but any ref that both calls an actual penalty and embellishment on the same play should just be fired.

I've only seen it called this way I think in my entire hockey watching life. Drives me nuts. At the very least make diving a double minor (I'd prefer 2 and 10).

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    it appears to be the rule that you call it both ways and it's just so dumb

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Montreal was pushing for the tie last night in the last minute and the ref game them the weakest boarding call I've seen in a while, definitely agree with the inconsistent calls.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Ice T makes a good point

Serious Question: Why is Hockey the only sport that they let the players fight? Don’t say tradition..

• Options
    Fans have this debate every year for at least the past 15 years

• Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, Ice T is an anti-semetic nutjob and can get properly fucked.

In one of the few sports where intense physical interaction is allowed, fighting is about letting the other team know where respect is due. It's always been a part of the sport, and it shouldn't ever leave.

If the argument is that it's overly dangerous, then point me in the direction where hockey doesn't have 6+ feet, 250+ pound lads slamming into each other.

Take away the fighting and you've corrupted the spirit.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    Fighting is dumb, and thankfully, it is disappearing, but the league should probably take some action to speed up its disappearance from the game.

• Options
    Yeah, Ice T is an anti-semetic nutjob and can get properly fucked.

In one of the few sports where intense physical interaction is allowed, fighting is about letting the other team know where respect is due. It's always been a part of the sport, and it shouldn't ever leave.

If the argument is that it's overly dangerous, then point me in the direction where hockey doesn't have 6+ feet, 250+ pound lads slamming into each other.

Take away the fighting and you've corrupted the spirit.

There's plenty of good hockey in the world with little to no fighting. It's a fuckin carnival sideshow, and not part of the game, which you can tell because the game stops while the fight is happening.

the only reason fighting is "necessary" in the NHL is because the referees/league refuse to do their job and properly enforce the rules, which leaves it to the players to police themselves. If the Department of Player Safety wasn't a goddamn useless joke folks wouldn't feel they need to respond to dangerous hits by punching someone in the face/getting punched in the face.

• Options
    Fights per game 2008-09: 0.6
    Fights per game 2018-19: 0.2

So I guess the spirit of the game is 3 times more corrupted than it was 10 years ago.

Whatever that means

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Olympic hockey doesn't allow fighting and the 2010 gold medal game was one of the best hockey games I've seen so not sure I buy that corrupted spirit argument.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    fighting is stupid, sure, but how can i be secure in my masculinity if my entertainment isn't needlessly violent

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I've always been fascinated by it and the goons and enforcers and all that but

It's probably good it's dying out.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
This discussion has been closed.