As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @chanus you said peacock let's you watch games after 9 hours? Is it still restricted regionally?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    chanus you said peacock let's you watch games after 9 hours? Is it still restricted regionally?

i am not 100% sure about the nine hours, but it's within a day

no regional blackouts, but it has to be an NBC owned network it played on (i think NHL.tv counts but i'm not totally sure)

this all comes from how Premier League Soccer works on Peacock so i can't promise nothing is different

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    chanus you said peacock let's you watch games after 9 hours? Is it still restricted regionally?

no regional blackouts, but it has to be an NBC owned network it played on (i think NHL.tv counts but i'm not totally sure)

this all comes from how Premier League Soccer works on Peacock so i can't promise nothing is different

Yeah, I must have conflated the two, cause I remembered you talking about something about sports. It looks like NHL replays are not available.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Yeah, I must have conflated the two, cause I remembered you talking about something about sports. It looks like NHL replays are not available.

well shit

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Cody ceci player himself out of the lineup in after a single game?

Wow.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I discovered something this evening.
    ESPN+ has some games on. I got it because it came in a bundle with Disney and Hulu (so I got MCU and Letterkenny), and currently have TB-Chicago up with Colorado and St. Louis coming up this evening. Also NCAA hockey (the Dartmouth women's goalie just took a really stupid penalty reaching out to knock down a drifting by Brown player, so that was funny).

Anyway. ESPN+. If you're in the US and have it, look for games. If you don't have it, it makes for a decent little combo if they're still running the special of all three channels for $13.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    i think $13 is the always price if you're just doing basic hulu with ads + disney + espn. it's a pretty good deal

no ads is like $19

Chanus on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    So, a couple of podcasts I listened to (Dangle, Athletic) have asked the question of which team might crater the most this season (ie. pull a Sharks).

Lots of Penguins and Capitals as the answers, but based on last night, should we start tracking St. Louis?

What do y’all think?

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I think it's too early in the season to count out St. Louis. They completely controlled game 1. They are probably the only team I'm actually worried about in the division.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Hurricanes game postponed due to covid.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ian Cole shipped off to Minnesota. Bowen Byram come on down!!

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I didn't mind Cole as a depth defender but I doubt he wanted to be #7

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    3v5 short handed goal by buzz tibbets assisted by a saucer pass from the goalie over the entire capitals team.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Oh man, if Ovechkin is your last line of defense, you messed up big time.

• Options
    Iiiiii don't think I've ever seen a 3 on 5 shorty

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I think John Madden had one in college in like '96 for Michigan. But that team was just comically loaded, had 17 SHGs to 31 PPG allowed.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Are the Devils actually pretty good?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Are the Devils actually pretty good?

Let’s not get carried away, they beat the Rangers

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Iiiiii don't think I've ever seen a 3 on 5 shorty

I once saw (on tv) Mike Modano just snatch a D to D pass and take off to score an unassisted 3 on 5 shorty. I wanna say it was in the 90s... definitely late enough in his career that he had learned to defend (and so was out on the PK), but still early enough that he was fast enough to make it pay off.
    No idea who it was against though.

Ah-ha! First search result!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZechenX50
    It wasn't taking the rink-wide pass that I remembered. Memory sucks, what can I tell you? And it turned out to be against Florida. Huh. A young Luongo.

chromdom on
  • Options

hockey is dumb

(context changes dramatically with sound on)

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

hockey is dumb

(context changes dramatically with sound on)

https://youtu.be/8F9jXYOH2c0

• Options
  • Options
    Immediately after playing their second game against the penguins, the NHL has fined the Washington capitals 100k and 4 specific players are "unavailable" due to social distancing violations.

• Options
    I guess the four players on the same team were in the same hotel room without masks after the game...

... the game in which they all played together without masks and shared a locker room without masks and shared a bus/plane without masks.

That's actually really fucking silly, NHL

• Options
    This Leafs-Oilers is maybe the most frustrating game I have ever watched?

Leafs are losing 2-1, the first Oiler goal was a fluke own goal by the Leafs, the second a power-play goal of a penalty where one Oiler tripped another, who embellished it for all he's worth and the ref blamed it on the Leaf that was standing nearby.

(it's actually Kahun diving, Yamamoto was the one whose stick "tripped" him)

• Options
    i'm not sure how his left foot stopped completely dead in its track, but i can't be sure that's a dive

i don't believe hockey skates have a toe stop but maybe they do

• Options
    i'm not sure how his left foot stopped completely dead in its track, but i can't be sure that's a dive

he might have been tripped, but it wasn't Muzzin's stick in his legs either way

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    It doesn't take much to throw someone who is trying to move quickly in one direction on ice off balance. Ultimately, if you dont want tripping penalties, watch where you put your stick.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

he might have been tripped, but it wasn't Muzzin's stick in his legs either way

yeah it didn't look like the stick

i've watched it like fifty times now and i'm pretty sure it was just a bad spot of ice

• Options
    The Montreal - Vancouver game last night was pretty damn good. Toffoli was sticking the knife to in, and his first goal was a beauty.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    This trend of Montreal taking 6-7 penalties a game has to stop.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    The Montreal - Vancouver game last night was pretty damn good. Toffoli was sticking the knife to in, and his first goal was a beauty.

Both former Vezina trophy winners were off last night. Wonder if we'll see a tighter game tonight.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Trading the haul we did for Toffoli and then not resigning him was atrocious management by Benning.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Woooo! Byram plays tonight! Oh. Oh no. So does Hunter Miska. *monkey paw curls in one finger*

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I guess the four players on the same team were in the same hotel room without masks after the game...

... the game in which they all played together without masks and shared a locker room without masks and shared a bus/plane without masks.

Think of it this way, first you let them get away with hanging out in a hotel room, then they are in the lobby but instead of 4 players it is 10, then they decide to go out to a bar because they didn't get in shit before, so why would they now? Next thing you know, half the league has covid because players, owners, and the league haven't been taking it seriously, then the season gets cancelled and maybe there is never an NHL season again.

The original fines were supposed to be $10K for the player, the league decided $10k is nothing to these guys, let's fine the teams $100k instead so the teams keep their players responsible for their actions.

I'd much rather see my team without a couple players because they were being stupid and not following protocol than have the season cancelled because people can't use common sense. Imagine if people used that approach 10 months ago regarding covid instead of letting it run rampant, every country could be New Zealand with less than 10 cases per day instead of where we are now.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Wtf are they on busses and planes without masks?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

Wtf are they on busses and planes without masks?

i would assume team busses and planes, so within their bubbles

probably still would be a good idea because it's pretty clear the bubbles aren't exactly impermeable

• Options
    The NHL isn't in a bubble

This discussion has been closed.