As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    London/Washington Dorado
    Wow, I don't think I've seen a Dorado first-hold that close... ever. 4 meters is crazy.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    WAS vs. LON
    OH NO JUSTICE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

4 METERS ON A PAYLOAD OFFENSE IS NOT GOOD

On the bright side, Bastion has officially been picked and contributed. I think that just leaves Ashe and Roadhog unpicked.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    WAS vs. LON
    OH NO JUSTICE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

4 METERS ON A PAYLOAD OFFENSE IS NOT GOOD

On the bright side, Bastion has officially been picked and contributed. I think that just leaves Ashe and Roadhog unpicked.
    I could have sworn Roadhog saw playtime for a teamfight or two, but I could definitely be misremembering. A shame about Ashe, I really like her kit and she's fun to watch but there just really isn't any place for her in a meta with McCree and Hanzo in the field.

• Options
    WAS vs. LDN
    Heartbreaking match for Washington. Roar clutched out with that final shatter but London just came back and took the win out of their hands.

• Options

The correct decision but also the most disappointing for everyone.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The difference between Blase and Cory's McCrees is... stark

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Experimental card goes live tomorrow (hopefully) with 1-3-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXtJeSH8V5A&t=4s

Solo Roadhog let's gooooooo

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I'm really excited to try that, if only to see what they changed with all the off-tanks. The only one I've heard is that Roadhog emits a damage-reduction cloud when he uses his breather (in experimental mode only ofc).

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    I'm hoping D.va's health is entirely armor.

• Options
    Card is up! Let's make some poor decisions tonight!

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sadly the triple DPS experiment has just been a series of extremely salty tank players complaining about healing the whole time as we get hard flanked by triple flankers. I think, as usual, if it was an actual team there's merit to it, but I think right now all it's doing is just bringing out the worst in everybody.

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I am very frustrated that I dislike 1/3/2 so much, to be honest. As a support main, I really appreciate that the DPS can actually get into game and it speeds it up for everyone!

But the mode sucks.

It's Overwatch before 2/2/2. It's a nightmare to stay alive as support, when I am not entirely bound to healing the tank. DPS is flank-a-palooza. Nobody sticks together, and the rare times they do it's a 50/50 on whether they're going to peel at all for supports. As DPS, it feels like deathmatch. I haven't played Tank yet, but I am hearing "I NEED HEALING" spammed even when they're actively being healed by 2 supports. It's a nightmare, the peel is now relegated to DPS who....have no idea how to do that.

I feel so deeply alone in every role. Today I learned just how incredibly valuable off-tank is.

The alterations to the tanks are pretty cool though I admit. As an experiment, I kinda wish they'd keep those changes and try 2/2/2 with it. Also, I hope they do an experiment with snipers removed.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    6 stacking was pretty fun but that's par for the course. Playing alone, tanking was pretty unfun. Definitely felt like I was on an island. While 6 stacking, I think the part that was most fun was the fresh comps. It did feel more fluid and more action packed but I can't really get past the feeling of solo tanking with people that I don't regularly play with and trust to have my back.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Unlucky wrote: »
    I am very frustrated that I dislike 1/3/2 so much, to be honest. As a support main, I really appreciate that the DPS can actually get into game and it speeds it up for everyone!

But the mode sucks.

It's Overwatch before 2/2/2. It's a nightmare to stay alive as support, when I am not entirely bound to healing the tank. DPS is flank-a-palooza. Nobody sticks together, and the rare times they do it's a 50/50 on whether they're going to peel at all for supports. As DPS, it feels like deathmatch. I haven't played Tank yet, but I am hearing "I NEED HEALING" spammed even when they're actively being healed by 2 supports. It's a nightmare, the peel is now relegated to DPS who....have no idea how to do that.

I feel so deeply alone in every role. Today I learned just how incredibly valuable off-tank is.

The alterations to the tanks are pretty cool though I admit. As an experiment, I kinda wish they'd keep those changes and try 2/2/2 with it. Also, I hope they do an experiment with snipers removed.

Ya I would love some form of the new take a breather to become a regular ability. Feels more tanky when it gives utility to group

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    here's the thing, i love the rein v rein matchup whether it's with other tanks included or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9selWogFxpk

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Me very smol brain me turn back on Zarya when know she has Grav

unless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlCjOvLv4g

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    if you haven't seen him in other people's streams yet, bastionmain is the best thing to happen to the overwatch ladder

https://youtu.be/fGp2pizYLJA

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Has the 8 bit music when you hover over arcade always been there and I never noticed or is it new?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    it wasn't there at the start, but it has been around for quite some time now

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    if you haven't seen him in other people's streams yet, bastionmain is the best thing to happen to the overwatch ladder

https://youtu.be/fGp2pizYLJA

the bit where he dies and plays the Windows shutdown jingle is inspired

• Options
    it wasn't there at the start, but it has been around for quite some time now

There are like 4 different songs too!

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    As far as I can remember those arcade tunes have been there since the arcade started up in year one.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    As far as I can remember those arcade tunes have been there since the arcade started up in year one.

That's what I thought but I don't think I noticed it right away so I can't be sure.

• Options
    Houston's homestand is tomorrow and they're up against the London Spitfire and the Toronto Defiant. Do they start this seasons 0-6?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yes.

Edit: Though, Blase apparently won't be playing McCree, so that's a step in the right direction.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    We'll see if they keep swapping their support line.

• Options
    Things they should do:

Put in Rapel

Put in Linkzr

I can't honestly imagine that Linkzr is worse on McCree than Blase. Blase would be good in Mei too! He's apparently a pretty smart in game player and shotcaller and Mei is a perfect position for that. He's also a flex DPS by trade! It just makes too much sense. It boggles my mind that this is supposedly worse for them.

• Options
    Also on other news, the teams that were in Korea are apparently making their way to the US. Nero (if GZC) tweeted that he was heading out and that his teammates were waiting on visas.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Baidol wrote: »
    Houston's homestand is tomorrow and they're up against the London Spitfire and the Toronto Defiant. Do they start this seasons 0-6?

I would say the odds are against them, but I feel like they could pull out a win if they bother trying to get their shit together.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The PA crew had a heck of a close hold on King's Row tonight

https://youtu.be/6z5VTd8T-RI

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    The wall block could've gone so wrong and I'm so happy that it worked out.

• Options
    That must have been 99.9% Holy cow.

• Options
    Things they should do:

Put in Rapel

Put in Linkzr

I can't honestly imagine that Linkzr is worse on McCree than Blase. Blase would be good in Mei too! He's apparently a pretty smart in game player and shotcaller and Mei is a perfect position for that. He's also a flex DPS by trade! It just makes too much sense. It boggles my mind that this is supposedly worse for them.

I think Linkzr's mental has been problematic.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Things they should do:

Put in Rapel

Put in Linkzr

I think Linkzr's mental has been problematic.

Yeah. When everyone was theorizing that he didn't play because he was sick, he posted on Twitter that he wasn't sick, he was just bad. It always sucks to see/hear that sort of thing.

• Options
    ATL vs TOR game 1
    orisa pull into firestrike through bap window combo is FILTHY

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HOU vs. LON

Anubis
    How does Rawkus keep ending up on the wrong side of the map?

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Holy crap Blasé.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    HOU
    You know, if they found a better main tank and just let Blase/Danteh/Linkzr play what they are good at, they'd be way better.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Houston should sign Bumper just to see what happens

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Heartbreaking. My favorite part is that in the final round Blase actually needed to play McCree. London played them hard.

SirToasty on
This discussion has been closed.