As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Patch 8.2.5, shorter version: J. Allen Brack is a big Meanie

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That said, Za'qul is a really neat fight with an interesting structure and I like it rather a lot.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I actually think the raid looks amazing and is the best one visually in bfa by far.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I mean, it's all subjective if you like it or not and I won't try to sway your opinion, but the textures are the lowest resolution ones that have been added into the game in years. It's fairly disappointing to me as the N.2 raid. The environmental design feels ancient compared to Uldir or the Legion raids (BoD doesn't count because that work was already mostly done making Dazar'alor in the first place).

edit: a word

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    This morning I finally rolled a pair of Ori's Tidal bracers with a socket. 220 pearls of upgrading it to 425 later, I now have a piece of gear that I will probably never unequip until 8.3.

The Benthic pieces are cool but I worry a little about the fact that any socketed Benthic piece beats most raid/M+ gear in all content and specific socketed bracers/boots/gloves/belt (25% of the time) are best in slot for all DPS by a gigantic margin for Eternal Palace.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    We're at 8/8N (after not running it for 2 weeks, ha) and 7/8H and starting progress on H Azshara tonight. Overall Eternal Palace is...meh? It's meh. It's kind of a nothing of a raid. Outside of a couple cool boss models and the final arena you fight Azshara in, the art design is the least interesting it's been for awhile. Nazjatar looks a lot better than Eternal Palace, in my opinion.

The boss designs are fine, but kind of a snoozefest. Radiance of Azshara is just a Legion boss, Blackwater Behemoth leans too much on the "you're underwater!" aspect, and Orgozoa is so disastrously undertuned that you can straight up ignore the adds in phase 2, on Heroic, and kill him. The ramp is the hardest part of that fight.

That said, Operation: Mechagon is rad, and I like Mechagon and Nazjatar as zones, so looking forward to 8.2.5!

I like the metroid boss and his area a lot, and the mario 64 dire dire docks giant eel boss.

Actually overall the raid is the first time I think I've actually liked the Naga Aesthetic.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    See I absolutely love naga and all water aesthetics anyway. I was wishing for playable naga back in vanilla. So I’m likely quite a bit biased

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I feel like its okay; of the fights I like sivarra, behemoth, ashvane, zaqul and azshara quite a bit. Radiance is okay but too easy, plus we basically already fought it in a legion dungeon. Court is a pretty standard council/twins fight, but it's fine. I like a lot of the boss VA. The only boss I really don't like is orgoza, which just feels like it should have 1-2 more mechanics.

the environment overall is kinda boring (lot of hallways), but a few of the fight environments are neat (azshara, orgoza, behemoth. I dunno, I don't feel like it's worse than tomb or antorus.

I also thought that uldir sucked but maybe I'm on an island with that opinion.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Got exalted Honorbound last night, so I can make my totally sick Mag'har Orc. I didn't actually stop to think until now what it is that I want to play.

I'm thinking a warrior/shaman/mage. What's fun these days? I'll be soloing and pugging without much hope of staying current on gear.

exis on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/changing-the-queen-azshara-fight-tomorrow/234390

Hotfix coming in the morning to the enrage timer on Mythic Azshara adds. Like, a "throws out the leads' practice time" kind of change. Limit still going at it for now but this basically means Method and other guilds that are now on Azshara could wake up in the morning and immediately jump onto a post-nerf boss.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I'd prefer if they just left the boss difficult and it means the guilds need to get gear from doing the first mythic bosses. Screw nerfing bosses because guilds cant beat them with last tiers titanforged gear.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    See I absolutely love naga and all water aesthetics anyway. I was wishing for playable naga back in vanilla. So I’m likely quite a bit biased

Same. My favorite campaign in wc3 was the nagas. Was disappointed i couldnt play as one. Maybe we get water goblins later.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    That's just effectively the same thing as timegating the raid, which is a cheap and artifical way to create difficulty.

• Options
    If you dont need new gear to do it then why the fuck do we need another 45 ilvls every tier? Just make it all interesting sidegrades and cosmetics and actually balance numbers.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    If you dont need new gear to do it then why the fuck do we need another 45 ilvls every tier? Just make it all interesting sidegrades and cosmetics and actually balance numbers.

The new gear is not for the likes of top 10 world, it's for your (and mine) scrub ass.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I swear these races are just like an extra beta test for the raids.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    uniform iLvl sure didn't lead to PVP being balanced so i don't know why you think it would lead to PVE being balanced

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Because everyone else needs new gear to do it.

On top of that, it's an RPG. Getting more powerful is part of the deal, and if you make the ilvl jumps between tiers too short then we're going back to TBC where if you're a raiding guild starting late in the expansion you're going to have to progress through all the raids in order instead of being able to jump to the new shininess, and a guild will have to keep farming older raids long after they've beaten them since there will be meaningful upgrades from them.

Personally, I'd love to go back to a time when we didn't obsolete previous tiers like TBC, where you always progressed through in order. Imagine if Karazhan had been obsoleted entirely by Zul'Aman and nobody ever ran Kara after the first four months of TBC. We kind of had that in Legion, where the higher chance of bad luck protection on legendaries made doing "world tours" of older raids worthwhile throughout the expansion. Not necessary to do, but worth doing if you wanted to.

But I don't think most people would like feeling obligated to run multiple older raids as well as new raids simply because the power jumps between tiers weren't enough to make it not worthwhile. If the ilvl jump were even 15-20 instead of 45 my guild would still be farming Mythic BoD every week for trinkets, they're still very good and the only thing making it not worthwhile is their lower ilvl.

• Options
    last tiers titanforged gear.

also, this idea that world first guilds are undergeared when they get to progress fights is an absolute myth and has been for a long time. They are geared to the teeth from new raids.

Last tier's titanforged gear is capped at 425. I'd be surprised if a single main raider has anything other than maybe a trinket left from old content. It would all have been replaced by now.

Limit:
    k9jhnhmjso73.png

Method:
    v1p82xhzu1sl.png

Pieces:
    91y3ylp3ixoc.png

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the reality is that people like getting new gear; every time rewards from a particular activity are viewed as substandard people 1) complain and 2) stop doing it. In the context of what the game is I think it's pretty important that activities reward gear.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    uniform iLvl sure didn't lead to PVP being balanced so i don't know why you think it would lead to PVE being balanced

When has there ever been uniform pvp ilvl? Templates were still hugely influenced by ilvl, like 10-15% stat increase huge.
    the reality is that people like getting new gear; every time rewards from a particular activity are viewed as substandard people 1) complain and 2) stop doing it. In the context of what the game is I think it's pretty important that activities reward gear.

Eh maybe im in the minority, but making it more than a full time job to keep regearing more than 2 characters every patch because they invalidate everything before it feels much worse. When i eventually hit the point that i want to play X class but havent touched it in a patch and it is 45 neck levels behind and doesnt have trinkets, rings, and weapons, and i have to grind out nazjatar for 10 days to get the follower exp quest done, it makes me want to go play a different game. Benthic gear is fine for catchup in general, but it still takes forever to get you azerite level up, and other than a 370 weapon there is no quick way to get that sorted out. Trinkets and rings are completely stupid to get, and the easiest way from the turtle caches scale with ilvl, so if you arent already at 410+ they will only give you orher 350 rings. It’s shit design and we dont need such an ilvl jump.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    WoW just feels like the entire point has become to grind, rather than to have adventures.

8.20 introduced two new zones, which are in and of themselves massive grinds. Part of it is time gating. Part of it is measured content dribble. But the fact remains that adventuring is pretty much gone from WoW.

And I think part of why Classic is so big right now is because it brought back that sense of adventure that is missing from current WoW.

• Options
    Pretty credible expansion leak here, IMO.

lexz7eszaic31.jpg?width=431&auto=webp&s=3e5618211469c0aa3baa8c352b40fb67fd275826

I don't normally believe these but look at the angle and quality - that's impossible to photoshop, this is probably legit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I get the joke, but honestly? Yeah. Probably.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    WoW just feels like the entire point has become to grind, rather than to have adventures.

8.20 introduced two new zones, which are in and of themselves massive grinds. Part of it is time gating. Part of it is measured content dribble. But the fact remains that adventuring is pretty much gone from WoW.

And I think part of why Classic is so big right now is because it brought back that sense of adventure that is missing from current WoW.

I am far more interested in playing classic than I am this exp {story wise why is Queen Azshara a bigger threat than the legion?} I feel the maghar should have been an apology for WoD, I feel it's not fun to be locked into a spec either {I don't mind it in classic for different reasons} Just I am being harassed to when I get on my priests as guilds are that desparte for healers it seems that it basically kills my reason to play the game
    I barely leveled into it saw the grind and when back to goofing off with alts. The Mythic dungeon thing is silly I like hard heroics in TBC this is just half baked and silly. Putting pets in raids is insulting I feel it's for raiders to make gold nothing more

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I am far more interested in playing classic than I am this exp {story wise why is Queen Azshara a bigger threat than the legion?} I feel the maghar should have been an apology for WoD, I feel it's not fun to be locked into a spec either {I don't mind it in classic for different reasons} Just I am being harassed to when I get on my priests as guilds are that desparte for healers it seems that it basically kills my reason to play the game
    I barely leveled into it saw the grind and when back to goofing off with alts. The Mythic dungeon thing is silly I like hard heroics in TBC this is just half baked and silly. Putting pets in raids is insulting I feel it's for raiders to make gold nothing more

At least to your final point, pets have been in raids and other instanced content forever.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »

At least to your final point, pets have been in raids and other instanced content forever.

They have been but for the most part it's been in older raids the raiding for leashes achievements

• Options

They have been but for the most part it's been in older raids the raiding for leashes achievements

Actually even going back to vanilla i remember a few being in UBRS for example, the spider and the wolf.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Actually even going back to vanilla i remember a few being in UBRS for example, the spider and the wolf.

I think both of those were actually quest rewards that involved LBRS though but the point sort of stands that for instanced content they have been in the game since vanilla. If we are talking about pets as drops from an actual raid boss though, that is iirc later thing and unless my memory is completely messed up I'm going to say Throne of Thunder in MoP being the first time the current system actually showed up with things like the Son of Animus.

• Options
    there's a worg pup that's a random drop from a rare boss in LBRS

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

It used to be a quest reward

• Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

There was even a parrot in deadmines.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

It used to be a quest reward

The quest still required running the dungeon.

IMO the barrier for those pets is actually higher than current raid pets, as more than one of those drops per boss, and normal and lfr are very easy and being ran all the time.

• Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    But if you own the special edition of vanilla wow, can you still get lil Diablo ?

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    IIRC it mails new characters a new copy of the collector's edition pets every time, that you then have to delete because they're already in your collection

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    But if you own the special edition of vanilla wow, can you still get lil Diablo ?

In the beta I can still get the collectors pets which upsets people and it's the only vile things I have seen in classic so far

• Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    Method are going to kill Azshara in the next few pulls most likely, their best effort is 0.9% right now.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    dylman wrote: »
    Method are going to kill Azshara in the next few pulls most likely, their best effort is 0.9% right now.

They did.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=294077/method-achieves-world-first-mythic-queen-azshara-in-the-eternal-palace

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    30% OMEGALUL

Alliance players don't like world PvP Blizz. You're not going to convince them with this.

Make the bonus apply to rep gains.

Oh look, I'm willing to do it now.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    30% OMEGALUL

Alliance players don't like world PvP Blizz. You're not going to convince them with this.

Make the bonus apply to rep gains.

Oh look, I'm willing to do it now.

It does, i thought.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    War mode has no effect on reputation.

The 30% bonus and other incentives like the Mechagon War-Mode only daily have actually pushed me to engage with it. Not to mention the extremely rare Alliance tagged War Supply Crate drop.

Battle for Nazjatar is a sort of cool event but an incredible joke in terms of the best strategy being to jump around in group finder to a shard/group that is just overwhelmingly winning and then stay there. People who hunt for a group quickly are "rewarded" with a complete stomp of a battle. People who don't get stomped. It's real dumb.

It's also frankly sort of amazing and annoying how they pivoted a huge share of daily rewards from world quests to daily quests in 8.2 which do not benefit from war-mode benefits. If it wasn't for the war mode only implants quest there would be no reason to do Mechagon in war mode for either faction (well, ignoring a love for the mode or the "Call to Arms" quest).

Corp.Shephard on
This discussion has been closed.