As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Accidentally posted in the old thread.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Coldrazor wrote: »
    Been playing plot twist lock the last week. Also had to craft a leggo. 23 - 34 so far, deck needs real skill to pilot. What list are you running?

I'm running Kibler's list, minus Lord Godfrey because I didn't want to go 100% down the well by crafting him. I added another Twisting Nether to compensate.

AAECAf0GDJ+3A5IHkwHyBcLxAqCAA838AswInPgCwOwCiZ0D2wYJxAjamwP1gAO2B8XzAtqWA7T2AsCYA+EHAA==
    (For some reason Snip Snap isn't showing up. I'm assuming @Muffinatron just hasn't updated the program for the new card, which isn't a big deal.)

Yeah, I'm a bit behind on updates. Planning to sit down and do some updates tonight. I do have a good excuse though. Which will be revealed later in card form.

OMG, is there a mini-muffintron on the way?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Muffinatron Jr?

Deja vu, yo.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MMMig wrote: »
    Muffinatron Jr?

Deja vu, yo.

OMG, is there a mini-MMMig on the way? :wink:

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Actually it’s good to make those decks have to play around something for once

How do you play around it?

the implication was that decks like res priest mech hunter conj mage etc don't have to play around shit because they can just do their thing without getting punished

and, well, now there's a way to punish them

keeps them honest

as for "how do you play around plague of murlocs", i mean, same way you play around hex or polymorph. don't put all your eggs in one basket. don't make one giant fucking magnetic mech. try and put enough pressure on your opponent to force out the plague before you pop mass res or conjurer's calling or kangor's. etc etc.

same way you play around anything in this game, force your opponent to use their resources poorly, or make a read that they don't have it.

edit: okay well not Mass Res, that definitely fucks with Res Priest 100%.

It also completely fucks conjurer mage as early conjurer turns are completely negated by that one card and that's not a deck that can do early game pressure at all outside early giant. Hex for single giants, plague+storm for conjurers turns and nothing sticks

Hunter is probably the least affected because they are magnetizing to punch you in the face

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Actually it’s good to make those decks have to play around something for once

How do you play around it?

the implication was that decks like res priest mech hunter conj mage etc don't have to play around shit because they can just do their thing without getting punished

and, well, now there's a way to punish them

keeps them honest

as for "how do you play around plague of murlocs", i mean, same way you play around hex or polymorph. don't put all your eggs in one basket. don't make one giant fucking magnetic mech. try and put enough pressure on your opponent to force out the plague before you pop mass res or conjurer's calling or kangor's. etc etc.

same way you play around anything in this game, force your opponent to use their resources poorly, or make a read that they don't have it.

edit: okay well not Mass Res, that definitely fucks with Res Priest 100%.

It also completely fucks conjurer mage as early conjurer turns are completely negated by that one card and that's not a deck that can do early game pressure at all outside early giant. Hex for single giants, plague+storm for conjurers turns and nothing sticks

Hunter is probably the least affected because they are magnetizing to punch you in the face

sure, but that's like saying "well i can't play giants out vs warrior because they have shield slam/execute/brawl"

yeah, those are cards in their deck, but they need some extraordinary luck to draw all the shit they need

conj mage has like, yknow, 4 total giants? plus some lists run rabble bouncers which is like, yeah okay if ALL your giants somehow get chewed through there's a backup option for multiple 7 drops

conj mage can play the long game because they have more threats, they just need to play smart and safe and not go all in. or worst come to worst there's always ya boi tony

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Accidentally posted in the old thread.
    Coldrazor wrote: »
    Been playing plot twist lock the last week. Also had to craft a leggo. 23 - 34 so far, deck needs real skill to pilot. What list are you running?

I'm running Kibler's list, minus Lord Godfrey because I didn't want to go 100% down the well by crafting him. I added another Twisting Nether to compensate.

AAECAf0GDJ+3A5IHkwHyBcLxAqCAA838AswInPgCwOwCiZ0D2wYJxAjamwP1gAO2B8XzAtqWA7T2AsCYA+EHAA==
    (For some reason Snip Snap isn't showing up. I'm assuming @Muffinatron just hasn't updated the program for the new card, which isn't a big deal.)

Yeah, I'm a bit behind on updates. Planning to sit down and do some updates tonight. I do have a good excuse though. Which will be revealed later in card form.

OMG, is there a mini-muffintron on the way?

Only if Fur Babies count

bBDQwid.png

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    They absolutely count!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the good thing about fur babies is that you don't have to spend nine hours sweating before you get to hang out with them

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Tool is all up to date again.

So that's Rise of the Mech changes, Zayle the Cloak, Snippy boi and the new cards added into the Classic set.

I also went and updated all card art they changed (aside from Eviscerate since it was such a minimal change).

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    You’re the best Muffin!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Started at Rank 10 in Wild and just steamrolled to Rank 5 w/Murloc Shaman. Something absurd like 20-7. A few streaks and a bunch of turn 4-6 steamrolling wins. About half the games I lost were just unlucky draws (Both Everyfins or no 1-2 drops after 3 turns), so I'm confident the WR could have been higher. But whatever, been pretty fun regardless.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    EU meta is anti mech hunter atm. Tried to climb from rank 5, 50 % win rate and getting nowhere after 30+ games over the last few days. So many owls, earth shocks etc.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'm the asshole playing double owl elysiana control warrior on ladder

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    the good thing about fur babies is that you don't have to spend nine hours sweating before you get to hang out with them

9 hours? Yeah...my wife had a bit longer for ours.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I'm the asshole playing double owl elysiana control warrior on ladder

at least it's not double banker AND panda guy.

You're still a bastard, though!
    <3

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    My go-to these days is still Murloc Shaman, Aggro Shaman, and Shudderwock Shaman.

Ran into a Big Shaman last night, was kinda surprised to still see them kicking around, and they kicked my ass pretty hard.

What I'm saying is that Shaman's really struggling so I'm glad to see it getting some more support next set. :rotate:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    As long as Dr Boom (Mad Genius) exists in its current state the meta is going to be unfun

Beasteh on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    All the talk about Owls reminds me how some people thought Shieldbreaker was going to be good during reveal season, and I haven't seen one of those included in a deck yet.

shieldbreaker-card-art.png

• Options
    I'm going to get up on the cross and say I'm pretty sure it was just me.

It also highlights how very few Taunts are in the meta today.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I run a shieldbreaker in my pirate warrior alongside two spellbreakers.

Edit: But yes, its utility is way less than I expected it to be. I didn't really realize how often you need to do things like silence a doomsayer, silence one of your own frozen minions for lethal, silence a voidcaller, etc. until I started playing with it.

Marty81 on
  • Options
    As long as Dr Boom (Mad Genius) exists in its current state the meta is going to be unfun

Oh look, this dragon control warrior got ANOTHER snip-snap from delivery drone.

How wonderful.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options

Oh look, this dragon control warrior got ANOTHER snip-snap from delivery drone.

How wonderful.

Even though I won this game after LITERALLY 40 minutes, I think I'm just going to concede vs all warriors at this point.

It's just not worth it... not even the victories.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Both players lose at that point

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    aunlPUF.png

um, wow

i wanna say this is an inherently good effect, but we also need to see what sort of other taunts/taunt support cards exist first

i think it has extremely high potential though

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It also highlights how very few Taunts are in the meta today.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    A 6/4/7 taunt is borderline playable even without text. Curving into Amani War Bear is spicy.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Guys I need to ask...did I miss the boat on my name being relevant to new card discussion? Or can I maybee bee the mascot for this expansion?

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    aunlPUF.png

um, wow

i wanna say this is an inherently good effect, but we also need to see what sort of other taunts/taunt support cards exist first

i think it has extremely high potential though

I'm putting this in every Warrior deck I own just because of its name

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Whats the magepun?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yilias wrote: »
    A 6/4/7 taunt is borderline playable even without text. Curving into Amani War Bear is spicy.

It'll also make holding onto zillax a LOT stronger.

Imagine this with the rhino that gives rush minions +5/+5.
    Zillax and armani bear heavy breathing

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Rafaam is hilariously busted in this week's brawl

• Options
    Rafaam is fucking unstoppable. I don't even know why I have cards.

• Options

It'll also make holding onto zillax a LOT stronger.

Imagine this with the rhino that gives rush minions +5/+5.
    Zillax and armani bear heavy breathing

Don't, don't give me hope for a return of Rush Warrior.

My heart can't take it.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Togwaggle seems to remain the better character for speed running.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

Togwaggle seems to remain the better character for speed running.

Yeah, I dont doubt that. But I don't see how I can ever lose as Rafaam. Its just stupid

• Options
    Just a reminder, you want to play with Rafaam this week, because if you win with him you get a golden Rafaam's scheme card.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Why would I want that though?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Why would I want that though?

free dust?

• Options
    I won with Rafaam by getting 3 Boom Bots to start, deathrattles trigger twice, and summon 7 Boom bots. You could say it was an explosive win.

Yeeeeeeeaahh!!!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Garr squashed my only Rafaam attempt so far, but I can see why he seems to be easy mode for the brawl.