As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Now listen to this

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Ursula is totally queer and Blank Check is right

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Ursula is totally queer and Blank Check is right

I thought you meant the sea witch for a minute

I ALSO agree with that, but it was briefly confusing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I thought Canadian Breitbart was The Rebel?

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I'm sorry to report there are probably more extreme right-wing Canadian media than you know.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    The Rebel is the one run by Ezra Levant that is funded by the Mercers, which is great, love to have foreign funding in our insane alt-right ecosystem

I actually didn't realize Post Millenial was Canadian but they're also hot garbage

And there's been some international disinformation factories like The Buffalo Chronicle that have been dipping their toe in weird anti-immigration false stories this year

Our bigger issue is the domestic funded PAC-alikes like Ontario/Canada Proud and Canada Strong right now but we have our own shitty circles of hard right/disinformation stuff going strong, unfortunately

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Let me put it this way, I can also say "American Breitbart Fox News"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The phrase "Cancel Culture" is rapidly becoming, or already just is, another right wing smokescreen to deflect attention from there actions.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    The phrase "Cancel Culture" is rapidly becoming, or already just is, another right wing smokescreen to deflect attention from there actions.

its pretty much the trajectory of pretty much every bit of AAVE that gets appropriated by the mainstream.

except woke, where iirc it started as a negative thing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

emr0mugqj2hs.png

hell of a two weeks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    when woke started entering my field of awareness it was already being used as a positive, what was the negative meaning?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The dumbest thing about those "cancel culture" complaints is that, like.. yo, that's how capitalism works! You don't like something, you don't buy it!

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The dumbest thing about those "cancel culture" complaints is that, like.. yo, that's how capitalism works! You don't like something, you don't buy it!

Yeah, but if leftists do it it's bad, actually

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    every time the left does capitalism it's artificial and evil and marxism

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I guess 'cancel culture' is easier to say than 'had a bad time on twitter dot com because people didn't like a thing you did or said because it was probably stupid'

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Gustav wrote: »
    I guess 'cancel culture' is easier to say than 'had a bad time on twitter dot com because people didn't like a thing you did or said because it was probably stupid'

someone's gotta post that screencap of fox news decrying how Cancel Culture got the fossil fuel industry.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm just saying if you disagree with me, it's censorship. But if I disagree with you, you shouldn't be allowed to say anything.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    honestly my only problem with canceling people is that they don't stay canceled.

tired of redemption tours for rich celebrities.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    projared's comeback tour these last weeks literally involved modeling t-shirts that read "canceled" on them

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Also dirtbags trying to claim Etika’s suicide was cancel culture

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    projared's comeback tour these last weeks literally involved modeling t-shirts that read "canceled" on them

fucking ugh

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    fucking digging up a dead man to parade your politics

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'm sure there is a nuanced discussion to be had on internet dogpiling and its various merits and demerits. Not that you will catch me having it anywhere online. But the idea of it being so effective as to be a quantifiable culture and successful tool strikes me as just inventing boogeymen. And people bandying it about might often be forgetting that they are whistling at human hearing levels.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    It's pretty classical "Our enemies are impotent and pathetic, but also powerful with dangerous tools!" rhetoric

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I mean at the end its all decrying the that things can have consequences.

• Options
    Dave Chapelle's new special is called 'no safe spaces' and my eyes rolled out of my head when I saw that

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'm sure there is a nuanced discussion to be had on internet dogpiling and its various merits and demerits. Not that you will catch me having it anywhere online. But the idea of it being so effective as to be a quantifiable culture and successful tool strikes me as just inventing boogeymen. And people bandying it about might often be forgetting that they are whistling at human hearing levels.

imagine a world where saying or doing something heinous harms white men in some kind of substantive quantifiable way

what a nightmare!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    it's kinda funny how big babies comedians are

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    it's kinda funny how big babies comedians are
    Comedians and cushy sinecure pundits

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

imagine a world where saying or doing something heinous harms white men in some kind of substantive quantifiable way

what a nightmare!

Louis C.K. literally did a bit about how straight white guys have it easier than anyone else and cannot have their feelings hurt at all

And then, well

• Options

what a nightmare!

Louis C.K. literally did a bit about how straight white guys have it easier than anyone else and cannot have their feelings hurt at all

And then, well

Well surely he didn't mean himself!

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Dave Chapelle's new special is called 'no safe spaces' and my eyes rolled out of my head when I saw that

Dave Chappelle falling into the same trap that sent him into retirement the first time is a hell of a thing. I wonder if he'll ever figure it out.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Being a massively wealthy prick makes figuring stuff out hard, so I hear

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    gentle reminder to the thread that zoe quinn is nonbinary and uses they/them

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    gentle reminder to the thread that zoe quinn is nonbinary and uses they/them

I didn’t know this and have edited my post accordingly.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    sppHzwL.png
    David's having a good day

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I edited my post too, thanks for pointing that out!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    so the last ep of FatT got posted by I cant listen to it for a while and I am DYING to know what The Thing is that every player has been tweeting about that's going to make us flip shit

So I'm asking you to spoil me. What the fuck happened that's so buckwild

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    On the latest We Hate Moview it is postulated that silk underpants would cause ones genitals and undercarriage to become very sweaty but I have the vague notion that silk is a notoriously breathable material

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I've had silk underwear and for whatever reason they are pretty sweaty, yeah

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Well one more reason not to fuck with worms

This discussion has been closed.