As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon Masters] Nothing going on right now.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    it is RIDCULOUSLY expensive to get a second evo, like 900,000 coins?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah get a team that auto-battles well enough and you can have it out while you do other things.

Still better than dealing with energy, IMO.

• Options
    taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Yeah, its ridiculously expensive. Like unnecessarily expensive
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah get a team that auto-battles well enough and you can have it out while you do other things.

Still better than dealing with energy, IMO.

Yeah I realized that once I got Blue, Kris, and Olivia to 85. Really helped with having to devote my sole attention to it.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    taco543 wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Yeah, its ridiculously expensive. Like unnecessarily expensive

The annoying thing is it was much cheaper in the beta. Wonder if the "balence changes" show up in the notifications for players that started with the full release? The old and current values are listed there if they are.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I've had some ridiculous luck with this game. I'm only 3 chapters into the story, but a solid 25% of my pulls have been 5-stars. I've got Karen, Olivia, Phoebe, and yesterday I pulled Kris.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    What the heck did I just get handed 6000 gems for?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    What the heck did I just get handed 6000 gems for?

"Bug Compensation" is the official title of the gift.

They mis-advertised some of the characters' move effects and that's semi-punishable under Japanese gacha law (false advertising),
    so they recoded the effects to be in-line with their descriptions and handed out 6k gems.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Used 3000 of the gems (saving the rest for later) on the Blue spotlight scout..and got Olivia. Okay then.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Hrm. I'd idly wondered about the difference between things that buff critical chance once versus those that do it sharply, but just assumed they worked correctly behind the scenes. Guess not!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I used a few of my gems. Did 4 pulls on the Blue banner, even though I said I was done. And I regret it. 4 duplicates.

My dex is 53% complete, and today's 4 pulls, plus a handful of other recent pulls, and they have all been duplicates. Kind of frustrating.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I used the free 6000 gems to try to get Olivia.

Not only did I not get her, but I didn't get any 5*s at all. I got a few new pairs, but nothing totally amazing. Oh well.

On the patch notes, I noticed they talk about materials for gear/equipment, and in order to do the story co-op missions above Hard, you have to beat some kind of mission called "Getting Better with Gear".

When the hell does that unlock?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    my understanding is you have to beat the last co-op story chapter (18?) on hard to unlock it. Haven't done it myself yet.

Just got Olivia with my apology gems, so off I go to get more Strike practice...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So how thirsty is this game, gacha wise?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I pulled 11 times on Olivia... got 1 new 4* and 10 dupes. A second Blue was my only 5*. I'll probably save the rest for a future banner.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I yolo'd all 6k on Olivia, got her and Kris plus a few 4*s.

I really wanted Olivia.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I'll probably wait to spend my gems... Amy speculation on when Lyra becomes available? Or Red? Or Steven? :P

• Options
    I'll probably wait to spend my gems... Amy speculation on when Lyra becomes available? Or Red? Or Steven? :P

That's how I am, I got really lucky in the 2 10 pulls I got to do. All these gems are getting stored for the next banner.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i never got a 5* that isn't olivia.
    she's at 4/5 sync.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I just started, did a couple pulls on the Olivia banner, got Olivia, Blue and a couple 4*.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    So how thirsty is this game, gacha wise?

I don't play other gachas to say for sure, but I've heard a lot of talk that the gem bundles are much worse value than standard for the genre. So if you're looking for something to invest dosh into this probably isn't the place to do it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Alternately, you can get along pretty well with F2P.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Used up half the gems to try and get Blue. Didn't get him but I did get a 5*: Kris. Water and normal I think. Not too bad. Also got a few 4* for elements that I was missing so overall it was a bad pull.

• Options
    Used up half the gems to try and get Blue. Didn't get him but I did get a 5*: Kris. Water and normal I think. Not too bad. Also got a few 4* for elements that I was missing so overall it was a bad pull.

She's really good, she has a passive that makes mega kick a water type move too

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Okay, so if you pull a sync pair you already have, the sync move levels up one by one to level five.

If you level up a pair all the way up, does it get removed from the draw pool? Please?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Okay, so if you pull a sync pair you already have, the sync move levels up one by one to level five.

If you level up a pair all the way up, does it get removed from the draw pool? Please?

Nah you get one of the Power-Up Tickets for that character's base star level, I believe.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

Nope, after 5 you start getting the item you can use to increase the star level. You need 20 to do that (but each one increases stats a little)

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

Nope, after 5 you start getting the item you can use to increase the star level. You need 20 to do that (but each one increases stats a little)

*fart noise*

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I believe that need you need approximately 100,000 pulls to have a max stat 5*.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The Blue event tickets can be used to get 3 of the 5* upgrade items, so pulls won't be the only way to do that.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    20 of those things is a biiiiiiiit much, though.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    It will only get more difficult to raise a specific pair as the character pool grows.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    * tickets will probably start getting handed out more often as time progresses.

I know its not necessarily fair to compare one DeNA game to another, but it makes sense from a perspective of power creep not to just have those 5* tickets available from every event just yet, similar to how FFRK didn't exactly hand out 5* orbs for skill upgrades so freely until 6 months in or so.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    New Grass training event started today, and new Focus pull for Lyra+Chikorita. I made two pulls because why not. I don't own Lyra.

Instead I got two more duplicates. I haven't really been keeping a super close count, but I'm pretty sure that with today's two pulls, I'm at 18 pulls in a row of all duplicates.

I know these banners are weighted with certain characters having different chances of appearing. But just by roster completion alone, the game tells me I have 53% of the roster collected. That means any time I pull, just based on completion % alone and not on character weighted pull %'s, I've got a 47% chance of getting something new. Which is a very high chance of getting something new. And yet I'm 18 pulls deep right now in duplicates. Sigh.

• Options
    Ended up getting an Olivia.... Pulling on the grass banner, haha. She seems pretty good!

• Options
    Is there any indication when we might get the first general rate up pulls? Probably a long ways off still with no mention, huh

• Options
    Ended up getting an Olivia.... Pulling on the grass banner, haha. She seems pretty good!

Olivia is bonkers.

Speaking of which, I'd like to get mine to level 100 but yow! that last unlock. Is there any way to farm gold/silver Gatorade faster than strike training/supercourse?!?

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Pretty sure super/courses are the fastest route to get all of those items. You can put together a f2p group that can auto them all so it doesn't reeeaaaallly take much to get everything for those horrendous final unlocks.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Supercourses don't even offer that much more in rewards over the normal proper course. You get a lot of bronze gatorades from supercourses, which you don't even need for that last level break
    hurdle. However, you do need Gym Leader's notes, which is a roughly 30% drop chance from finishing a Very Hard Supercourse (Strike, Tech or Support only).

It's a really good thing there is no stamina/energy meter in this game. At the same time, the amount of materials needed is exactly why there isn't one.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    That's true... But in FFBE you have to run some events hundreds of times to get all of the items and they still use stamina. At the very least auto-battle works well enough. Plus 3X speed.

• Options
    I wish 3X speed applied to intros and victory cutscenes.