As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Took Nezha, didn't even get through half my embers.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    With Danzo I now have all the story locked 4* Servants so I'll just wait for Circe to pop up on her own

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Went for Caster of Midrash since she's a story lock, but I can't level her because I'm short on feathers and Nero Bride gets them first. I think that leaves Tristan as my last story servant to get.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I went Danzo because beep boop

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I grabbed Parvati because I want for nothing, essentially

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I got Fran to NP3. more damage for her wave clear is always better, and saves resources for future characters.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I took Yagyu and immediately took him to 90. May not be the best idea to grail someone who will probably be NP1 for a very long time, but I wanted to.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I took Yagyu and immediately took him to 90. May not be the best idea to grail someone who will probably be NP1 for a very long time, but I wanted to.

Yeah, if I don't roll Sigurd I'm Grailing one of Saberlot, Yagyu, or Rama.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I got Fran to NP3. more damage for her wave clear is always better, and saves resources for future characters.

Excellent choice. She was actually my pick for the last freebie for her NP2, and I had to feed her a couple shiny cups; she's been awesome for mixed-unit waves.

Went with Herc for this one, though. He was a notable absence from my roster, and I could definitely use an uncomplicated damage dealer to just point at the enemy and let do his thing.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Maintenance time, so Setsubun will begin in a few hours. If you're like me and like to procrastinate with these events, know that it will bite you in the ass harder than usual this time. The Babylonia anime is also getting to the really good stuff now.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Maintenance time, so Setsubun will begin in a few hours. If you're like me and like to procrastinate with these events, know that it will bite you in the ass harder than usual this time. The Babylonia anime is also getting to the really good stuff now.

Yeah, this is 100% an event to plug away at little by little during the week. Which will be super annoying.

• Options
    Just think though, once we're past Setsubun it'll be time for KnK rerun in all its glory

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Just think though, once we're past Setsubun it'll be time for KnK rerun in all its glory

I kinda thought we were getting Valentine's first.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

I kinda thought we were getting Valentine's first.

We are, though KnK rerun is right after.

Remember, don't hold Semiramis's hand.

• Options
    I'm going to have a hell of a time finishing Salem at this rate. Hopefully we get a lull in the events soon.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to have a hell of a time finishing Salem at this rate. Hopefully we get a lull in the events soon.

We just had a lull for a couple weeks.

• Options
    Off to a great start with learning that Tomoe apparently really enjoys Warhammer 40K tabletop

• Options
    Looks like I can still chip away at Salem while I wait for servants to sober up during this event, so that's nice.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Okay, I've done 35 levels today, not bad. Tomorrow I will be able to take it leisurely, I think.

Also, I've picked Caster Gilgamesh for my free 4*, because it was strange to not have him in my Chaldea. Yeah, I know, waifus, but I feel like I already have a satisfying amount of waifus in my team.

... still it would be nice to get Penth some day...

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Think I'm taking a pass at this event.

• Options
    Think I'm taking a pass at this event.

I'm tempted to. I might get to 15 floors today tops? There's just too many runs to do too little time.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    My main gripe with it is that there's nothing particularly compelling about it, outside of bragging rights. Nothing too huge drops, no welfare, etc.

May as well use this time to smash through some of these here remnants.

• Options
    60 floors done, should be able to hit another twenty before end of day. Not really difficult, I just pick an AoE NP, equip a Superscope, throw in two chaff Level 1 to meet the frontline reqs, then blow up the wave since it's usually just one, sometimes two. Not using the full six slots because of how the event works

• Options
    Made it through the first 68 floors my first push last night. Event's not too bad, but it is tiring.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    35 floors up here. It amuses me that, of the duo, Shuten is the actually villainous one and Ibaraki mostly just wants attention. Other than the former's voice being unfairly good for the role, Shuten clearly would be the bigger problem if left unsupervised - her appearance in Shimousa was rather unsettling at times. Her banana buddy, I feel, could be distracted from her plans by, like, giving her some money for the ice cream truck.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    It’s a bit weird, because in FGO canon Shigen spent her time lazing around while Ibaraki actually led the Mt. Ooe oni.

I feel like the actually dangerous part of Ibaraki never gets shown.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Ibaraki's really strong, and we kind of see the potential terror waaaay back in Rashomon. It's just that she's also kind of innocent and childish, and easily distracted from the "big" evil stuff.

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »
    Ibaraki's really strong, and we kind of see the potential terror waaaay back in Rashomon. It's just that she's also kind of innocent and childish, and easily distracted from the "big" evil stuff.

Also, when she's summoned to Chaldea you have other Servants and command seals to keep her in check.

• Options
    Ibaraki wants to do what Shuten does. Shuten wants to just play around constantly, so Ibaraki follows suit. If Shuten ever actually got serious then Ibaraki would do the same and things would get really bad

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    This servant downtime from this event really makes me appreciate how after the New Years lotto, every single one of my servants is max level. Makes it pretty straight forward to just mulch my way through everything up to 50. Now for the second half.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Guda's inner monologue on the 100th floor is sweet.

... don't judge me, I had the 27th off and could grind like a madman.

edit- and don't be an idiot like me, the event CE works for the challenge quest. Not sure why I didn't think it would...

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    As someone who hates fiddling with team setup between every battle, I'm not a fan of this event. Also tons of quick battles just means even more time spent loading. I guess all I miss is a CE that I'd never max out anyway, so, whatever!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Stopped at 100 last night myself as well, but haven't done the challenge quest yet. I'll wait till later.

I could have gone to 120+ or so, but man I was tired. Going through all the floors and the countless load screens and team switching takes so long. At least this event's rewards are good and a lot of the scenes are wonderful.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Am I missing something in regards to teams? I'm only just hitting 90, but I've got 2 kscopes and sumo for CE, and it's drop in 1 AoE, two other appropriate servants, and the loading time takes longer than servant select and quest clear?

• Options
    Yeah that's the gist of this event other than the 5 and 10 floors pretty much. Also throw that event CE on whoever isn't holding the Kscope, it grants 100% extra damage and even on my Level 60 3* Servants it really helps on the face cards if the AOE Servant didn't quite finish the job.

Up to Floor 40 in the Mirage Tower myself. Should be able to finish in two days even if I slack a bit. Haven't tried the CQ yet

• Options
    I am sad that the Mirage Tower 10 floors don't have the wonderful cutscenes the first tower did.

• Options
    I've got lancers with the event CE available as support for the challenge quest, so that should take the sting out for you guys.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Only did another 50 floors yesterday. The IRL fatigue is much stronger than the game fatigue in this event. Three nights in a row I could have gone father in-game but was too exhausted too IRL.

And now that the Mirage side doesn't have cute rewarding cutscenes every 10 floors it's more of a slog. Easy, but a slog.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Ibaraki wants to do what Shuten does. Shuten wants to just play around constantly, so Ibaraki follows suit. If Shuten ever actually got serious then Ibaraki would do the same and things would get really bad
    Ibaraki can be motivated to be reasonably heroic even on her own, as seen in Babylonia. She just really doesn't like to be seen doing it or is much of a teamplayer.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I did 100 floors so far.

I enjoyed this story and format of this event. Tomoe is really a cool character and Im sad that I have her only at NP1.