Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Interview with Keits about netcode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RI5scXYhK0&feature=emb_title

It's cool to actually hear an explanation about the different netcode types and how they work instead of just "Delay bad GGPO good"

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Playing Melty Blood with the Caster online has shown me how much better good rollback is.

And if Melty works so well with rollback, there's no reason any other anime fighter wouldn't.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean for the most part Rollback is Delay based except with contingencies in place to deal with delay based intricacies.

So yeah with proper implementation it is just better.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

This game is fucking hilarious, honestly

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    If I were to pick up Tekken would I be better off picking up 7 or Tag 2?

Keep in mind I have minimal experience in 3d fighters (i.e. I've messed around in Soul Caliber 2 and 5 and nothing else).

Also why is Tag 2 more expensive than 7 in December 2019?

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Tekken 7 is the better game, the more populated game, and the cheaper game.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    You would want to pick up Tekken 7 over Tag 2, no contest.

Not only is it actually still supported with an active player base, but it's also just a much better game than Tag 2 imo (and in most people's opinions I'd imagine, Akuma salt aside). Tag 2 was, uh, divisive? Like people still played it but that game had some bullshit. Plus Tekkn 7 is vastly easier to learn since you only have to worry about 1 character at a time, throw tech and wakeup simplification, etc

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019

Keep in mind I have minimal experience in 3d fighters (i.e. I've messed around in Soul Caliber 2 and 5 and nothing else).

T7 easily. Especially with the new update, it'll also have better tools to actually *learn* Tekken, which has historically been hostile to learning.

I think SC6 is the better game to learn 3d generally, but T7 has a huge population advantage.

Are you actually taking the plunge on a 3d fighter? I'm legit excited! 😲

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »

T7 easily. Especially with the new update, it'll also have better tools to actually *learn* Tekken, which has historically been hostile to learning.

I think SC6 is the better game to learn 3d generally, but T7 has a huge population advantage.

Are you actually taking the plunge on a 3d fighter? I'm legit excited! 😲

Eh taking the plunge probably isn't the right phrase. Just want to try something different. Will likely continue to be more drawn to guilty gear, sam sho and dbz. Mostly want to know what's going on while watching ATL locals freak out during a match.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

so apparently MK Tom Brady raised money to go NEC, then didn't show up, and when people asked about it he forged an Uber receipt saying he went on Thursday November 30th, forgetting that November 30th was a Saturday.

then he got into a bunch of twitter fights with coach steve and sonic fox and then deleted his twitter and I guess... took the money and ran?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I always thought that guy came across as a tool in his Youtube videos so I take this as vindication

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Brady has been pulling this same shit for over 10 years. I honestly thought it was common knowledge, but I guess that was just from actually interacting with him at VA Beach locals back in the day? His MO since forever has been to show up out of the blue, charm everyone with his overbearing personality while staying mostly on the level for a month or three (though even then there were whispers and warnings to watch your stuff around him and never loan him money), then disappear suddenly and without warning, just after pulling some bullshit. Maybe it was something "minor" like skipping out on his share for a room, maybe something major like writing a fake check that bounced when whatever poor bastard he convinced to let him rent a room for "just a couple weeks man, I'll pay you don't worry" finally tried to cash it.

Then he'd bounce off to Philly or Ohio or New York or where the fuck ever for a couple months, pulling the same shit there before eventually returning, armed with enough vague excuses to win some poor new mark over.

The man is fucking scum, and I hope, but do not expect, that this will finally keep him from crawling back out from whatever rock he hides under to weather the blowback from his constant bullshit.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    This is the time I bring up I kicked Tombrady’s ass in DOA2U back in the day before the MK stuff.

(Actually it was just us running sets cause someone told him about my Kasumi for some reason. He did give me some good advice tho! )

Transporter on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    has anyone heard anything about or used the new razer raion wired ps4 pad yet

my cursor is hovering over the buy now button and I really want one if its good because im sort of sick of lugging the bigass madcatz te2 around and needing somewhere to put it constantly

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Was just checking my old games and I'm not really torn up if they are forever stuck on the 3ds but I learned I got a second shiny I don't remember

I remember the shiny venomoth but this gold plated arbok is pretty next level tbh

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular

my cursor is hovering over the buy now button and I really want one if its good because im sort of sick of lugging the bigass madcatz te2 around and needing somewhere to put it constantly

I saw in a video that it has a weird issue with the D-pad, if you press down on the center you can press all four directions simultaneously. It ends up eating direction inputs if you press the center too hard during circular motions. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems like a pretty bad oversight.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Edit: nevermind

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Deans wrote: »

I saw in a video that it has a weird issue with the D-pad, if you press down on the center you can press all four directions simultaneously. It ends up eating direction inputs if you press the center too hard during circular motions. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems like a pretty bad oversight.

Courtesy of Fancy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ40_dDMQj8

Edit: skip to 18:10 for the input eating problem

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    ty for link, interesting, I watched the whole thing because I was curious but that is a really weird oversight

but it also only seems like a problem for SPD inputs and otherwise was gr8

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I thought I read that DBS Broly could stay in Super Saiyan form after a super, but I can't get him to do it. Was that wrong or have I not found the button yet? Or does it not work in training mode?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i dont know but I came here to say that DBS Broly is fucking hype. I had a really hard time finding a devoted 3rd member of my squad, but I am pretty sure he'd be on it

I dont want to buy more DLCs though gross ://///

• Options
    i super fell off the game and wouldnt have anyone locally to play with as much as I wanna check out broly

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    TWT finals LCQ starting soon

i'm rooting for jwonggg to upset his pools and take the whole thing

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Someone fucked up, Microsoft site has the new DLC characters listed

Spoiling this for whenever it inevitably gets taken down.
    unknown.png

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    send the pervert back

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    at TWT finals Harada reveals that the leak was an intentional fake leak and gives everyone a pony

• Options

TWT finals starting, finalizing group placement.

Knee picked Arslan's group instantly and it was so fucking hype

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Knee was just copying Chikurin immediately targeting JDCR

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    @chamberlain i was going through my favorites on youtube to see funny shit from days of yore I forgot about and rediscovered this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTJwKXP0-U&feature=youtu.be

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    God damnit.

• Options
    2nd year in a row that wrong information gets passed to spectators/players about tirbreakers. Arslan clearly thought he was out after he lost that first game, and that's what the commentators were saying, but if you look at the actual rules and standings he was still through if he best Knee 2-1.

Like, I know round robin pools are a bit more complicated, but come on. If you can break 30 minutes for adds then you can spend 5 minutes between matches making sure everyone is on the same page.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    2nd year in a row that wrong information gets passed to spectators/players about tirbreakers. Arslan clearly thought he was out after he lost that first game, and that's what the commentators were saying, but if you look at the actual rules and standings he was still through if he best Knee 2-1.

Like, I know round robin pools are a bit more complicated, but come on. If you can break 30 minutes for adds then you can spend 5 minutes between matches making sure everyone is on the same page.

yup this is bullshit doesnt matter who it is being fed the wrong info you are fucking with alot of potential money cause you cant have someone make this format work correctly

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    Yeah, it'd be nice if the commentators info was correct...but if I'm one of the best players in the world playing for the most important matches of my entire career, I think in gonna calculate my own tiebreakers and not listen to some commentators.

• Options
    i mean, it's hard not to get affected by commentators literally saying you can't qualify after you've lost one game and it goes to 1-1

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    If we all heard that and went 'wait that's wrong' and he heard that and went 'lol guess I'm done' then here's a hot take: he wasn't gonna win anyway.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Arslan being ready to quit after Knee took 1 game was pretty whack, but I kinda see it as a combination of 1) perhaps not being as familiar with round robin tournaments since they're much less common in Tekken and 2) being hella tilted from getting 2-0'd by Shadow.

Edit: also, I wonder when I'm gonna pass out. I don't think I can make it to top eight, much less all the way through it, but damn if I won't try.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wow looking like no Akuma will make top 8.

Guessing it's a mix up the nerf plus folks grinding the matchup.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Leroy Smith, lord have mercy what a silver fox that is.

OH. OH. That's one hell of a new character.

Absalon on
  • Options
    i was hoping they'd be 10ft tall in game like the cutscene made them look but no luck

This discussion has been closed.