Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    2y3jyzncsaia.jpg

This is the guy who voiced V in DMC V.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I expected an announcement at Evo anyways, but this all but confirms it

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I expected an announcement at Evo anyways, but this all but confirms it

I'm going to be so pissed when they make a sequel to MVC2 instead of MVCI

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm still hoping that it's Capcom vs Capcom or Capcom vs SNK or something instead of Capcom vs Marvel.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I except Capcom VS All-stars or something at this point, doubt they'll actually get the Marvel license again

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I wonder did they even lose the Marvel license yet?

Usually these kind of things give people X number of years.

And I know other companies are making Marvel games but Capcom might have specific rights to do fighters.

Like I know Infinite bombed but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the license still.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i was under the impression that disney/marvel was real shit to work with regardless of whether or not they CAN do it

i would probably prefer it just as a capcom all stars

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Give me SNK vs Ark System Works.

• Options
    i was under the impression that disney/marvel was real shit to work with regardless of whether or not they CAN do it

Marvel vs A Good Time

• Options

Yeah tbh. I still think the idea not to include the X-Men was Disney's.

The MvCI roster felt like corporate cynicism at its finest.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Yeah tbh. I still think the idea not to include the X-Men was Disney's.

The MvCI roster felt like corporate cynicism at its finest.

That was absolutely the case. Disney/ Marvel has been sticking it to Fox out of spite for years. Capcom just happened to be one of the last casualties before Disney bought them up.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/hRmdxj03KvQ

max is gonna be a dad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    https://youtu.be/hRmdxj03KvQ

max is gonna be a dad

As was foretold in the ancient scrolls, the child of prophecy, born on the day of the gathering of their father's peers...

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    In other Capcom news, Seth is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bkW0TWGYVQ

• Options
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Seth is pretty cool but I think too complex for my lizard brain

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Seth is pretty cool but I think too complex for my lizard brain

I don't even like learning character-specific combos when the moves are always the same, I'm not sure I could handle a new move for every matchup

• Options
    So the SFV netcode fix came out and its interesting.

Some people are saying they don't notice the difference, while other people like Arturo, Punk, VesperArcade are saying things are a lot better.

And of course other people are just creating noise/going off secondhand and haven't actually played it to see.

I'll probably test it myself when I get home.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    we tested it last night on Discord... many of us have played for years and know what our connections are "usually" like... some noticeable improvement is there.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    From one night's worth of playing it seemed noticeably better to me.
    Which kind of makes me mad rather than happy? Because they should have done this *literally* years ago.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    If it is better please shame Arc Sys so they fucking do it.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    based on what i've played, and what I've seen, it looks like rollback is just pretty tightly locked to your ping now (duh). its wild that it took them 4 years to do that, but there you go...

there is an outstanding scholarly debate on whether "1-sided" has been fixed. There are some test videos floating about that suggest that it is, in fact, fixed, but the dataset isn't robust yet

regional play should be way better... this phenomenon where you play someone literally within your same zipcode but get 10 frames of rollback should be much rarer, perhaps impossible

• Options
    So some DBFZ footage has been getting shown off on Twitter and one interesting thing that was shown are tick throws are a thing now.

Not sure exactly how they work but I'm guessing you can maybe cancel the recovery of some normal into Dragon Rush.

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    From one night's worth of playing it seemed noticeably better to me.
    Which kind of makes me mad rather than happy? Because they should have done this *literally* years ago.

I can deal with some janky netcode but I basically stopped playing SF5 online because of the one-sided lag stuff. I remember a few matches where someone would be teleporting all over the place, and I'd be like "Ok, cool, I guess if we're both lagging I can kinda just jump around and do random stuff and we'll flip a coin to see who wins" and... no *I* get perfectly anti-aired if I try to jump, or punished if I wiff something.

Also, didn't really like the idea that some of my wins were probably due to the opposite happening from time to time.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Wait...

Brolo on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I don't like the idea of delay based net code, but when soul calibur has a bad connection I know exactly what is happening: the framerate is globally slowed. So the game is actually weirdly playable in a sort of stuttery matrix way.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    On the back of the UNICLR box:

RLb1IRF.jpg?1

What is this bullshit?

• Options
    marketing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    At first I was like "Darkstalkers by ASW? I'm in!"

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of delay based net code, but when soul calibur has a bad connection I know exactly what is happening: the framerate is globally slowed. So the game is actually weirdly playable in a sort of stuttery matrix way.

Yeah I've definitely had... under-water but workable experiences with really bad SF4 connections. Hell even with rollback if it's implemented properly both players should teleport everywhere *equally* if it's a bad connection. It's far from good, but at least it feels fair, y'know?

I'd kind of assumed SFV had fixed that bug ages ago, so I was blown away when I heard some random fan patch had fixed it.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uTDODx0K4M

Saw a Genocide Cutter in there.

next character trailer on the 27th.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    ASW publishes UNICLR so they can put whatever they want on the box, presumably

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    they didn't make under-night etc. did they? they're literally just publishing it, it's made by French Bread I thought
    e: yeah I guess they're just saying whatever they want? that's weird and shady!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It's dumb but also it's marketing language that happens all the time with publishers, it's that classic "FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU X, COMES Y"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So another interesting thing. Apparently the assists in DBZ won't be symmetrical in terms of power.

The C assist will be stronger than the other two(in what ways I'm not sure) but at the cost of longer cooldown.

• Options
    they didn't make under-night etc. did they? they're literally just publishing it, it's made by French Bread I thought
    e: yeah I guess they're just saying whatever they want? that's weird and shady!

Yeah, French Bread.

It should say by the makers of Melty Blood and Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax if they were being truthful.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Like who are they even trying to fool? Anyone who already knows what the shit Guilty Gear or Blaz-fuckin-Blue are would damn well know what's up. It doesn't work.

You wanna get some marks then you drop Dragonball or something.

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Like who are they even trying to fool?

i mean you could equally ask "who still reads the back of video game boxes"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I think they're STILL selling movies on "From the Guys Who Brought You Superbad" no matter how tangential the involvement

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I mean its obviously trying to use more popular titles for advertising.

That said yeah I don't see that working cause even those titles are only really popular by poverty anime standards so most fans are probably already weebs really into fighters.

This discussion has been closed.