Options

30 - 50 Feral [chats]

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Yeah, I just wish I had some to set up in the background while I work.

some of the guys who went on to do jackass first did a series of skate videos called cky -- looks like cky3 is on youtube, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBqRZlC6Vwk

there are also a ton of snowboarding videos in similar vein from that time, if you're nasty

I actually prefer snowboarding, but I assume there are a lot less videos of that. I wonder if there is somewhere I could get a bunch of copies of these VHS tapes and convert them to youtube videos or w/e.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Next chat needs to be a glamour chat.

Let’s be glamorous

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    boss wants me to schedule a meeting with him and another guy to talk about a vendor issue

which is fine

except, like, i'm the guy who has all the time in the world and you're the guy who's in the office like twice a month

so

when uh

works for you?

schedule a 6AM meeting on a monday

6PM on a Friday.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    there are

so many snowboarding videos

poo
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mim wrote: »

Let’s be glamorous

My hair could be more luxurious

• Options
    While me and my friends have a LAN party on Saturday, my gf and my friends' SOs are going to brunch and then some open houses

Why don’t they do brunch and join the LAN? Both seem good to do.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    boss wants me to schedule a meeting with him and another guy to talk about a vendor issue

which is fine

except, like, i'm the guy who has all the time in the world and you're the guy who's in the office like twice a month

so

when uh

works for you?

schedule a 6AM meeting on a monday

6PM on a Friday.

why would Chanus want to mess with his own time?

Oh. Right. Chanus o'clock it is.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Lake Erie

some of the guys who went on to do jackass first did a series of skate videos called cky -- looks like cky3 is on youtube, for example:

there are also a ton of snowboarding videos in similar vein from that time, if you're nasty

I actually prefer snowboarding, but I assume there are a lot less videos of that. I wonder if there is somewhere I could get a bunch of copies of these VHS tapes and convert them to youtube videos or w/e.

https://youtu.be/k911Sy1Fofk

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Last night a coworker told me that I seem ‘very gay’ for my girlfriend which, well, yes

I want a gf to be very gay for....

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Lake Superior

Let’s be glamorous

G L A M
    O R
    O U S

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

Let’s be glamorous

My hair could be more luxurious

I’m all about deep conditioning, conditioning and the leave-in.

• Options
    Also, some of you need to get pedicures.

FEET MATTER

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Last night a coworker told me that I seem ‘very gay’ for my girlfriend which, well, yes

Same

• Options
    Also, some of you need to get pedicures.

FEET MATTER

If your feet aren’t right, nothing is right

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

God damn I would love to be able to go snowboarding somewhere like that.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Lake Huron

You know how it is, just you and the boys helicopter dropping onto some fresh powder.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_yjW64buU
    "My skating all started because I wasn't allowed to get a bike because we don't have a garage. So my mum bought us skateboards instead. I started from rolling down my dad's business car park. I've been skating for about 3 years. My favorite trick is a 540. I watched Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins do it on the internet, and I just had to do it. That was my 75th attempt of the day. Every time I tried one and didn't land it I put a rock on the table. It ended up being my 75th rock. I was frothing. I did some 720s too. Not proper. I called it 540 to revert to splat. I didn't cry though. My goal is to do 100 of them before this Saturday. I'm up to 75. I still can't ride a bike, but I can do a 540."

• Options

Let’s be glamorous

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/41498257#Comment_41498257
    monday's fit

i started the week out strong

been downhill since

poo
  • Options
    Lake Erie
    Alternatively, this is the best line of 2019...which I would argue is not in-fact a line and Travis Rice is just an insane person:

https://youtu.be/xlUVr3rJ59A

I like to ART
  • Options
    travis rice is fuckin bonkers

man there was this really good segment with good music and cool pillow lines

oh i found it

poo
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Lake Superior
    Everything you guys are describing sounds terrible.

I think the Dark Souls metaphor is pretty apt; really pretty music and environments, a vague story line experienced in fragments that doesn't really make any sense unless you try to connect the lines for yourself, facing difficult or uncomfortable scenarios that end in catharsis on account of that difficulty, and/or ramming your head against a wall for hours if you're not prepared for what to expect.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I just told a spam caller on my work phone that he had called a "government line" and he hurriedly hung up

This sense of power...

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Lake Erie
    Alternatively, this is the best line of 2019...which I would argue is not in-fact a line and Travis Rice is just an insane person:

https://youtu.be/xlUVr3rJ59A

That was fuckin nuts

• Options
    Lake Erie
    I have spent this year realizing how into all this stuff I am and how much I had made is secondary in my life and I need to fix that.

BRB gonna go live in a van.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

I think the Dark Souls metaphor is pretty apt; really pretty music and environments, a vague story line experienced in fragments that doesn't really make any sense unless you try to connect the lines for yourself, facing difficult or uncomfortable scenarios that end in catharsis on account of that difficulty, and/or ramming your head against a wall for hours if you're not prepared for what to expect.

Mmm hmm.

No thanks.

• Options
    Lake Superior
    Also watch Fury Road on mushrooms 12/10

• Options
    I have spent this year realizing how into all this stuff I am and how much I had made is secondary in my life and I need to fix that.

i got this pass this year https://www.ikonpass.com

anyone wanna plan some trips

poo
  • Options

Mmm hmm.

No thanks.

all of my psychedelic experiences so far have been 95% positive and pleasant

set and setting baybee

poo
  • Options
    Lake Superior

Mmm hmm.

No thanks.

*jots in notes under VishNub: more of a heroin guy*

• Options
    I quite enjoy my lucid state of mind.

• Options
    Lake Erie

i got this pass this year https://www.ikonpass.com

anyone wanna plan some trips

*points at self*

I like to ART
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Lake Ontario

*slams on the brakes*

wait

Chu has a girlfriend?

DEETS I REQUIRE DEETS ALL THE DEETS GIMME THE DEETS

• Options

Mmm hmm.

No thanks.

*jots in notes under VishNub: more of a heroin guy*

I mean, if I have a fatal and painful disease? Sure, load me up.

• Options
    Vish you should cover your fishing vest with straightedge patches

I think it would be a look

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Lake Superior

Mmm hmm.

No thanks.

all of my psychedelic experiences so far have been 95% positive and pleasant

set and setting baybee

Well and also slapping that second dose out of your friend's hand because 5 minutes in they "can"t feel anything"

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Lake Superior
    this page speaks to me, I love this stuff so much

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

hmmm i don't know that i have great advice but this is what worked for me: be in a hotel room with like 10 internet friends locked in several distinct sub-conversations, someone is playing loud video games etc. and so you tell a story that no one is really listening to and you start to kind of trail off, when you notice that actually this one person halfway across the room is leaning forward, ears perked, seeing you and listening to you when no one else is. so you develop this crush on the person and then admire them, like them, more and more over time. and you're like ah this hurts i LIKE this person and just being buds is kind of hard. so you kind of come up with these rationalizations to silence The Liking- maybe you're just generically lonely and it's not 'them' you like, maybe distance is too much of a problem, maybe your lifestyles are too disparate etc. but as you force yourself to honestly confront your feelings, the inescapable conclusion is nope you actually like them, more and more each day. but it doesn't seem reciprocated so you just go like 'ahhh, can i even stomach this? am i going to have to stop being friends with this person to protect my emotional wellbeing?' and then as time goes on you go on a vacation in a group that includes them and you sort of have a panic attack and they are angelic and helpful about it so you feel compelled to say, finally- 'hey, i feel this way, i hope it doesn't cause a problem but you should definitely know'. and then it turns out that maybe they like your earnest words as you like theirs and then next time you see them you discover they like you touching their shoulders as much as you like touching their shoulders and now your'e gay dating idk?

• Options
    sup spool you baby back bitch

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Went to ER this morning

doctors note for 3 days off work

what to do for 3 days ... I cancelled HBO so I can't rewatch S1-5 of GoT.

This discussion has been closed.