Options

30 - 50 Feral [chats]

SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front doorRegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is v tragic I do not have a chat prepared

sleepingbearvb2018sept_1865.1200x580.jpg

Sleeping Bear Dunes on Lake Michigan is gorgeous

Anyways Michigan is pretty great generally though and I've been to all five of the below! and Ontario through Canada, even.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
SummaryJudgment on

30 - 50 Feral [chats] 51 votes

Lake Michigan
15%
RedTideDoctor Detroita5ehrenKetarThawmusSummaryJudgmentdoomybearWhittledown 8 votes
Lake Huron
11%
Element BrianRhesus PositivejungleroomxEddyChanuszepherin 6 votes
Lake Superior
37%
MulysaSemproniusRchanenElendilDarkPrimusshrykeAegisFrosteeyHahnsoo1JebusUDronyaWinkyKadokenSealmightyjongyodavidsdurionsspool32DonnictonTuminIlpala 19 votes
Lake Ontario
15%
bowenRear Admiral ChocoDesktop HippieLord_AsmodeusmysticjuicerLucedesInvectivusTrace 8 votes
Lake Erie
19%
MrMisterDoodmannbloodyroarxxKid PresentableAiouaTcheldorSleepVoid SlayerAuralynxRavenhpltc24 10 votes

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Lake Erie
    HOMES.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Lake Superior
    It's in the name.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Lake Michigan
    Michigan is the only one I've actually seen, so it wins by default.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Lake Huron
    I'm going Rogue

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Lake Huron
    i effort posted and bogart locked the thread on page 99 before i hit post reply

what injustice

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Lake Superior
    tfw when you show up late to the bagel line and you have carefully and awkwardly deduce from context clues which white woman in the office you're supposed to be saying happy birthday to because even though her name is on the white board you definitely have not bothered to learn it yet

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Lake Superior
    I mean it's right in the name

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Lake Michigan
    I'll admit Erie is lackluster

then again it is a giant supply of readily-potable freshwater, so even if it sucks I mean that's invaluable

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Lake Superior
    I've been to Duluth once. It was amazing.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Lough Neagh because I'm biased

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Lake Michigan
    I thought about doing the Edmund Fitz[chat]ald but that's an effort OP

next time, Gadget

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I just taught myself a bunch of stuff on git as I am getting better at this. The fact I am managing a project through git for the first time because we are not developing on government computers is nice.

Its a good skill to know.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Lake Huron
    also huron just because it's the most recent one i've visited

never been to superior

• Options
    Lake Superior
    I voted for the meme and in doing so betrayed my own home lake

• Options
    Lake Erie
    I like Lake Erie because it's like "eerie" and also

latest?cb=20110615190250

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Lake Superior
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I just taught myself a bunch of stuff on git as I am getting better at this. The fact I am managing a project through git for the first time because we are not developing on government computers is nice.

Its a good skill to know.

git status

• Options
    Lake Superior
    You have no idea how often I accidentally type git status to my coworkers in slack

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    tfw when you show up late to the bagel line and you have carefully and awkwardly deduce from context clues which white woman in the office you're supposed to be saying happy birthday to because even though her name is on the white board you definitely have not bothered to learn it yet

This post is funny because it reads to me like you think women of color don’t celebrate birthdays

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Freshwater is not to be trusted. I refuse to participate in this poll.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus

You were complaining you never got a [chat] thread last time around!

This is like a sports movie where the coach has turned to the guy who demanded a place on the starting line up all the way through the film and he sends him on and the inspirational music starts and you know you're gonna see him score the winning goal or whatever but instead he gets a stitch after thirty seconds of running and says he's not actually sure of the rules anyway.

• Options
    Lake Huron
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Freshwater is not to be trusted. I refuse to participate in this poll.

some parts are definitely fresher than others

• Options
    Lake Michigan
    Bogart wrote: »

You were complaining you never got a [chat] thread last time around!

This is like a sports movie where the coach has turned to the guy who demanded a place on the starting line up all the way through the film and he sends him on and the inspirational music starts and you know you're gonna see him score the winning goal or whatever but instead he gets a stitch after thirty seconds of running and says he's not actually sure of the rules anyway.

<3

I'm at work, drafts are saved at home!

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Lake Superior
    Superior is the only one I haven't been to. I miss lakes and the east coast but MissTums is moving to North Carolina for a year of school starting in...January so at least I'll be visiting somewhere with trees and lakes for a while. Feeling chained to Socal by work sucks.

Tumin on
  • Options
    Lake Michigan
    I specifically thought to myself "shit I need to avoid the last 10 pages until I email myself the drafts" but then forgot

v on brand

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Lake Huron
    b9rii7gyh11s.png

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Sister in law's son died in an accident. Very heartbreaking. Lots of emojis being used on that side of the family and it seems ghastly to be like "sorry for your loss 😘😭".

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Tired: Lakes

Wired: Lochs

• Options
    Lake Superior
    Organichu wrote: »

This post is funny because it reads to me like you think women of color don’t celebrate birthdays

No, no, it's just that my office is overwhelmingly white women

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I was at lake Texoma yesterday.

Never been to any of the great lakes.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Tired: Lakes

Wired: Lochs

Damn Scots.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Mono lake is cool tho

• Options
    Sister in law's son died in an accident. Very heartbreaking. Lots of emojis being used on that side of the family and it seems ghastly to be like "sorry for your loss 😘😭".

there's little as shockingly alien than the completely sincere use of emojis

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Lake Superior

While it might come off as trashy because emoji use is incredibly informal, I think it's very natural to want to use emojis to communicate emotion that you can't adequately express in words.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    We have multiple lakes here that are greater than the "Great" Lakes

Bless your heart.
  • Options

alternatively that he's not talking about a whiteboard, but the white board

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Lake Superior
    Gotta go with Superior, the lake which I have strong childhood ties to.

• Options
    Lake Michigan
    they're pretty rad, it is a shocking amount of water

its interesting to have that "you will not sail a non-industrial boat across this" but its a lake and not an ocean or sea

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »

alternatively that he's not talking about a whiteboard, but the white board

The white broad

• Options
    they're pretty rad, it is a shocking amount of water

its interesting to have that "you will not sail a non-industrial boat across this" but its a lake and not an ocean or sea

?

like is there a restriction on boating or

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Lake Erie

Jesus that's awful. I'm sorry for your family's loss. I think people sometimes don't know how to respond to truly devastating things posted on social media. Most emojis in serious situations come off as tactless.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
This discussion has been closed.