As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wait, an Iron Banner set that looks decent? Inconceivable! The giant brown logo doesn't seem to shade either. Lame.

Nosf on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    what are the top 'boss burner' weapons these days? say something other than 'grenade launcher with spike grenades' because i do not have one.

somewhat related, is 1k voices even a good weapon? i just feel like it's low mag size really works against it, but people always wanted it so bad.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This was such a dirty raid clear.

50a31328-b69c-475b-aeac-f0ef2e9eaad4_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Dammit, now I gotta go see if I can get the Khvostov Exotic-mission started in D1 if just to see this scene play out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxP3SDNk4CI

Be cool to see an updated version of this if they make a D2 version of the Exotic. I wonder what Ghost would say in light of what's happened since D2's start.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Finally

6pPxczv.png

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    I’m still taking people through the raid, so I haven’t had runs of the final encounter with a fully experienced team, but so far this final encounter feels more unforgiving than Ghalran and Insurrection Prime. Although it feels pretty breezy up to that point.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Adus wrote: »
    what are the top 'boss burner' weapons these days? say something other than 'grenade launcher with spike grenades' because i do not have one.

somewhat related, is 1k voices even a good weapon? i just feel like it's low mag size really works against it, but people always wanted it so bad.

Izanagi's Burden w/ Catalyst from Heroic Menagerie

edit: 1kv is good but it gets outclassed at the higher tiers by other loadout options

Vladimer on
  • Options
    Adus wrote: »

Izanagi + catalyst is the new DPS king. Whisper is a good, Acrius and Swords are pretty decent.

1K voices was always decent, and is good in this new world of manual reloading.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

This image made my entire body twitch

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I’m still taking people through the raid, so I haven’t had runs of the final encounter with a fully experienced team, but so far this final encounter feels more unforgiving than Ghalran and Insurrection Prime. Although it feels pretty breezy up to that point.

This is one of the worst raids to LFG. It reminds me of the King's Fall days, when the right execution makes it hell for randoms (and by association, me)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

imagine ever standing on solid ground
    smh tbh

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Now I know all about optimal exotics and things for the raid but I'm here to sit everyone down and tell them why Tranquility is the best gun in the game

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

Gahlran was simple to LFG compared to this. I am not sure why it is so hard to get to a single DPS phase, so the idea of three DPS phases seems insane. I figure next week will be just Iron Banner and maybe the non-boss encountersx and I'll come back to the boss a few more weeks in when everyone is feeling better about it.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Now I know all about optimal exotics and things for the raid but I'm here to sit everyone down and tell them why Tranquility is the best gun in the game

i'm a big fan of tranquility. i use it and recluse most of the time freeing up exotic for power weapon which is why i've finally started carrying around 1kv. especially since i don't have izanagi catalyst yet.

i do miss jotuun though.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    I just did the weekly challenge in the strike playlist, and got that slog of a corrupted techeun fight for the last one I needed. Ugh. It was down to two of us for that last fight, and we had to keep reviving each other while trying to not both get knocked off the ledge by little miss invincible. But I guess I got the powerful gear from it, a pair of gauntlets that I couldn’t tell at first were any different from a normal legendary drop. Not sure what I was expecting, but maybe something more... obvious.

Anyway, that’s light level 903 for me. I’m guessing it’s a much slower grind up to the cap from here, so I finally used some of those upgrade mods I’d been hoarding on the stuff I like to use.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    It happened... it actually happened
    okMTXgBh.png

A NATBurn First Week Completion

Special shoutout to all of NATBurn, including the members who couldn't be here for the successful run:
    @Baske
    @Booker
    @Custom Special
    @Erevar
    @ObiFett
    @mikeatsu
    @patrkslayzy23
    @Peen

Also a big shoutout for the first ever Triple Raid Banner for making an appearance:
    6ZoRh3hh.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    We did that shit blind. And after reading a bit we did the final encounter not at all like the guides say to

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    We did that shit blind. And after reading a bit we did the final encounter not at all like the guides say to

As is the NATBurn way

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

What is your way? Maybe the guides are wrong and it is you who is correct.

Opty on
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »

Video:

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    are there any non-obvious ways to boost grenade damage?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

It looks like two left players, one home team, and three right players, with each side taking turns soloing the portal.

Degenerates.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So Xur sold me the jade rabbit, then popped the other exotic to get trinity ghoul and some games of gambit later the game drops wave splitter for me.

Granted I paid crystals for two but still good stuff.

I have a question though about the gate lords eye, if you reset it you still keep all the previous mods you unlocked right?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I was away on business and holiday trips when Shadowkeep dropped but have gotten to play a bit now. It's pretty neat. I appreciate Bungie's effort to express in-game (*gasp*) how level caps work (insert joke about how many years it only took them). Still some gaps in the whole 'explain what the fuck you're on about' thing but I guess it wouldn't be Destiny if I didn't have to stare at a few things and think, "Well what does that mean?"

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with mods, though. Literally the only mod I've slotted was an anti-Overload one into my Age Old Bond before I went into my first Vex Incursion Thinger since it said there'd be Overload Champions there. Which there were. That activity seems neat but I'm glad it's going away in a few months or whatever. I can see it becoming Forge Activation levels of tedious really fast.

I think I saw the medium-hard-cap is 950? So I assume the raid is a minimum of like 960?

The raid starts with a light level of 910 and goes up to 940. My guess is that when they release the hard mode of the raid, it'll start at 940 or 950 and go up to 980 or 990 since the true gear hardcap is 960.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    I was away on business and holiday trips when Shadowkeep dropped but have gotten to play a bit now. It's pretty neat. I appreciate Bungie's effort to express in-game (*gasp*) how level caps work (insert joke about how many years it only took them). Still some gaps in the whole 'explain what the fuck you're on about' thing but I guess it wouldn't be Destiny if I didn't have to stare at a few things and think, "Well what does that mean?"

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with mods, though. Literally the only mod I've slotted was an anti-Overload one into my Age Old Bond before I went into my first Vex Incursion Thinger since it said there'd be Overload Champions there. Which there were. That activity seems neat but I'm glad it's going away in a few months or whatever. I can see it becoming Forge Activation levels of tedious really fast.

I think I saw the medium-hard-cap is 950? So I assume the raid is a minimum of like 960?

The raid starts with a light level of 910 and goes up to 940. My guess is that when they release the hard mode of the raid, it'll start at 940 or 950 and go up to 980 or 990 since the true gear hardcap is 960.

Don't think they do hard modes anymore from Last Wish onwards.

Given the complexity of the final fight (in this and crown of sorrows to an extent) I dread to think what kind of extra complication they'd add in a potential hard mode.
    I have a question though about the gate lords eye, if you reset it you still keep all the previous mods you unlocked right?

You keep the 12 items that you can unlock across the artefact, but you'll need to re-buy each mod you want, as well as unlock each further column as you did the first time by buying x-amount of mods from previous columns.``

You can also get into a weird situation where you have mods on armour/weapons that won't be active because your artefact no longer has those selected.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    It's pretty funny that they retired Prestige/Hard Mode raids with Forsaken, only to then introduce all manner of difficulty variants for the other endgame content, thus leading to the presumption that raids will also have Heroic versions. I'm curious if the Undying Mind will be categorized as Heroic Vex Offensive.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    They never did a hard mode for the Forsaken raid? Sheesh, I had just assumed it was added in the like year+ I wasn't playing.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I don't get why players complain so much about light level being used to create difficulty.

Just make hard mode = contest mode IMO, and give it like fully masterworked drops or a really ostentatious hat or something

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Is there anywhere to read on weapon mods?
    Because as far as i can tell, they don't do anything with the exception of extra ammo one.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Hey all, with the transition to Steam, how would a newbie join the Pax clan? Steam ID or Bungie.Net login? Not real familiar how that works.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Because as far as i can tell, they don't do anything with the exception of extra ammo one.

I don't know if there is any one source that would tell you all you need to know that also includes the proper context. PvP and PvE discussions of weapon mods have different value to them for instance. Also a lot of them are just straight adjustment to stats - things like recoil, how fast you can switch to the weapon or something like how fast your radar comes back. Some of those things are easier to parse than others. Keep in mind several of the mods are rather superfluous on PC as most things that deal with recoil serve little to no purpose since recoil is so minimal there anyway - but can make an absolutely huge difference on console.

I think either Destiny Item Manager or guardian.gg can show you the hidden stats and how the mods modify them (in numerical form). But like I said, without much context the information doesn't have a ton of value.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »

On the whole, Weapon Mods are extremely niche. Black Armory introduced a subset of Weapon Mods that very graciously announce why you should use them, as they are called things like "Dragonfly Spec", which you would put on a gun with Dragonfly to make that effect better.

However, the effect of something like Icarus Grip ("Improves accuracy while airborne") is only really pertinent to high-level PvP players trying to find minor edges against the competition, but also only if they're using very specific guns. In the case of Icarus Grip, that would likely be a 140 or 110 RPM Hand Cannon, as both archetypes have increased "bloom"/diminished accuracy while in-air.

TL;DR — Backup Mag is pretty much the only obviously good gun mod, and it's fine if that's all you ever use. For Heavy Weapons, a lot of folks also like the Boss Damage mod, as it makes those weapons even better against bosses in raids.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Did the last fight *again* to drag people through who missed our first clear. I have to say it went much smoother (Divinity helps out so much). We should've two phased it, but we forgot to Hunter Shadowshot tether both of the first two damage phases.....oops? Three phase it is.

If what Arteen said is how y'guys did it, that's now the third way I've seen. I like the last encounter more now that I've had more time with it, but the glitchiness / bug we ran into ....
    ....regarding the Vex Relay and sometimes it would be full, but not say it's full, and then the Boss would wipe us....AND THEN IT WOULD GIVE THE MESSAGE SAYING IT'S FULL really pissed us off. It's not like we deposited more motes in between any of that.

That and the tethers are funky, but the Vex Relay glitch / bug was really bad.

....hurt our enthusiasm. That being said, we've got it down now at least.

I actually ordered a jacket, so help me.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    At this point is there much of a reason for me to run Blind Well past the point of unlocking the triumphs? Are there any particularly good weapon drops in there?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    At this point is there much of a reason for me to run Blind Well past the point of unlocking the triumphs? Are there any particularly good weapon drops in there?

On high curse week, doing the petra bounty that requires blind well runs will give you an "offering", that you can then take to the oracle engine and get some lore when you open the chest in Mara Sov's throne room. Also, there are some ahamkara bones in there, if you're trying to find all those.

Aside from that, I didn't find much point in doing it once I unlocked all the middle trees on my characters.

If you don't have the Wendigo yet, if you're in the strike playlist, and load in to the Corrupted strike, you can skip the actual strike and go farm grenade kills in the blind well.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Blind Well fucking sucks without powerfuls to incentivize it, IMHO.

Also Icarus Grip makes shotguns usable from the air, it's way more important than their effect on hand cannons for me.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I didn't even know there was a Mara throne room. The Dreaming City has been really disappointing to me, everything feels really disjointed and past that initial mission to actually get in there, I don't have any idea what's going on.

Why are there different levels of a curse per week? I don't know how to tell, but I'm guessing this week was full curse because I opened an ascendant chest and got a lore notification.

Edit: And I'm guessing seeds of light are gone, because I already had all the new subclasses. All I had to do was click on them under the details section.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Dreaming City was admittedly pretty cool when it was current. It's.....bizarre now.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    there are 3 levels of curse:
    low curse, medium curse and high curse

curse level is primarily determined by ball size:

small to non-existent balls, that's a low curse
    medium sized balls is medium curse
    and if you've got big ole balls, that's high curse

in terms of gameplay curse has the following effects that I'm aware of:

changes the enemy in the blind well
    changes the mission that is available
    changes where petra lives
    (maybe?) changes where the ascendant chests are
    previously the dungeon Shattered Throne was only available in a high curse week but now it's always available

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Blind Well fucking sucks without powerfuls to incentivize it, IMHO.

Also Icarus Grip makes shotguns usable from the air, it's way more important than their effect on hand cannons for me.

ya i got a one-two punch quickdraw moon shotgun that masterworked range and with icarus grip it actually hits things at non-point blank while flying around as dawnblade which is pretty dank

obF2Wuw.png