Options

[Remnant 2] Remnant the re-remnanting

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I played with some friends yesterday who just bought it after me ranting about it.

Literally picked up at rattleweed on the first encounter which is something my other toon had not seen in three playthroughs ( which is great stuff)

Yeah that thing is overpowered for taking aggro literally kept boss and adds busy the entire time.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    For those of us trying to get that last ring or w/e, there's a fanmade website that scans save files: https://hzla.github.io/Remnant-World-Analyzer/

It tells you everything that spawned in your seed and where it's located, so you can reroll until the thing you're after spawns.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    So, a rather large patch has been released. Full notes are here.

Highlights
    Quality of Life
    • Coop Scaling now caps at +3 levels of Host
    • Enabled VOIP toggle on PC/CONSOLES

Dungeons
    • Radiant Tomb total spawns and intensity reduced (DEVELOPER COMMENT: The most notoriously difficulty encounter in the game, Radiant Tomb has been re-tuned to be fairer to the player and reducing the need for a very specific loadout.)

A ton of weapon adjustments!
    • They changed the reticle graphic for the crossbow and devastator.
    • Beam Rifle initial damage reduced from 16 to 14, but reloads 20% faster.
    • Lowered the spread on the assault rifle and repeater pistol.
    • They increased the range of the Coachgun and gave it 4 more reserve shells so people could continue to overlook it or the shotgun. (:P)

Armor changes:
    • Twisted armor health regen has been increased.
    • Hunter Sharpshooter set increases all ranged damage at 15m+
    • Cultist Set increases mod power generation crit or not, but has been reduced to +40%.
    • Scrapper Set damage is now +25% and the range is now 2.5m.

Trait Change:
    • Catalyst buff max has been reverted back to 20%, it no longer boosts the Devouring Loop. (DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Devouring Loop was never meant to work with the Catalyst Trait as it is not a status effect but we thought it would be a cool/fun idea. Spoiler alert: We all make mistakes.
    • Spirit max reduced from 50% to 30% (to allow Ex-Cultist Armor Buff) DEVELOPER COMMENT: To better entice/reward players using the Ex-Cultist armor for mod generation, we reduced the overall bonus of Spirit. This should make Ex-Cultist the goto set for mod generation.

Mod changes:
    • General: Mods now properly scale with Weapon Level
    • General: Certain Mods also scale effect based on other factors (player health, triage, etc)
    • General: Limited amount of maximum "same type" summons (dupes will kill older summons)
    • General: Added "max allowed simultaneous" summon value to summon description
    DEVELOPER COMMENT: We've converted all Mods to properly scale with weapon level. Typically they start lower than their original base but scale higher - thus, you get a bigger benefit out of slotting them in higher-leveled weapons. We've also made a change to how summons work so that there is a cap on simultaneous instances. If the max is reached and a new summon is activated, it will destroy the oldest. The max simultaneous can be increased with Soul Anchor.

Rattle Weed
    • Power requirement increased from 750 to 1000
    • Reduced initial aggro generation pulse
    • Enemies can now be pulled off Rattle Weed if they take enough damage
    • Enabled constant "pulsing" aggro generation to pull enemies spawned after cast
    • Casting a 2nd Rattle Weed while first is out will remove the 1st
    • When expired/killed, drops aggro immediately (originally was still active for 5s)
    • Now affected by Soul Anchor for +1 max simultaneous summons

DEVELOPER COMMENT: Rattle Weed has always been "too good" in a game that has a lot of enemies that you are expected to deal with. We didn't want to change the core concept of the mod, but we did want to reduce how overpowered it was. We increased the buildup so it takes just a bit longer to fill. We reduced the initial aggro "pulse" by a significant amount so it didn't lock enemies on it until death (this allows you to pull enemies off now with damage). We also added a constant "pulse" that will pull newly spawned enemies towards it assuming you do not already have too much aggro. Additionally, when a second Rattle Weed is summoned, the first one is immediately killed. Previously, it would stick around for 5s and hold aggro which made it even more effective than it should have been. Players can still summon 2 Rattle Weed if they use Soul Anchor.

Veil of the Black Tear:
    • Now unbreakable while active - duration scales with weapon level

DEVELOPER COMMENT: No longer breakable while active, Veil of the Black Tear should now do the job we all thought it should be doing from the beginning.

Swarm
    • Increased duration from 20s to 25s
    • Reduced charges to 1

DEVELOPER COMMENT: We wanted to make Swarm a sort of "buddy" that followed you around and attacked anything dangerous. However, there is a bug (no pun intended) in this patch that keeps the duration to 12s. It's known and will be fixed in the next patch. However, look forward to double duration in the future. Putting this note here because we know players will see that it says 25s and is still only lasting half that duration.

Breath of the Desert
    • Charges increased from 2 to 3

DEVELOPER COMMENT: Reverted the reduction of charges. We want players to feel more like a caster with Breath of the Desert. With 3 charges, we may eventually need to adjust the damage. For now, rest assured that we will never again change the total charges of Breath of the Desert (unless we do).

edit: not listed in the patch notes, they seem to have nerfed McCabe's aggro towards the player.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Also... of course some people made that decision based off other factors:
    jj9vn12ijsjd.png

• Options
    Wow that’s errrrr something.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    informative at the very least. I didn't even notice that's what her parts were.

edit: not listed in the patch notes, they seem to have nerfed McCabe's aggro towards the player.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Cultist Set increases mod power generation crit or not, but has been reduced to +40%.

Oh goodie, I stopped using Cultist set after I read the fine details about it only applying to crits.

• Options
    I've been using the Cultist Duster and boots both pre and post patch and it feels about the same as far as generation goes. IDK. Might try some of the other armors out, but I just like keeping my encumbrance to light.

Devouring nerf really threw my build off, as I had been focusing on catalyst instead of my other offensive traits when rotating. This forced me to go farm elfsects to get my offensive points back into more useful areas. Kind of wished they gave us a reset for that fix, but the enemy density of my Corsus village is just insane. I can do a loop and get 2 trait points from the special spans and just general population. Nothing I've encountered on the other planets compares.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    At 5% proc rate Loop is basically not worth it. Even with 3 piece Radiant set it barely comes out ahead of stuff like Stone of Balance and at 2 piece Radiant it's behind. I'm going to swap to a summoner build with Cultist set and Soul Anchor and just let bugs and plants take care of everything.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Jewel of the Black sun has been working nicely for me as a Devouring replacement.

Probably going to stop using ring of evasion too as it may be making me very sloppy at this point.

edit: Hive cannon doesn't trigger Jewel of the Black Sun's damage bonus.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Finally sat down and had a chance to watch the giant bomb quick look. This game looks really good. I love the way it moves and the ads is real snappy. I may have to pick this up.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The combat is hectic at times but fun. Like they said on the quick look is very true, the gunplay is fun and snappy.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    haven't run into one of these scenarios in a while (spoilers)...
    If I get the Radiant helm the Stuck Merchant dies. There's no way around it. Accidentally found that out in advance. I bought all the stuff she had already except for the ring without knowing that, but now I'm torn between not getting the helm and getting it and killing her.

Think it would have really sucked if I got the helm w/o buying her stock out first though. This world is but a dream, and she may live again in the when the cycle starts anew or something... ? One of those rare quests that I'd skip in a future playthrough though.

edit: does the root horror not trigger if you don't pick up the tome?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Man, I hate Shroud, I hate Shroud so much.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Me after meeting the Undying King: hmmm, this deal sounds like it might be evil and selfish....

Me after the first area in Corsus:
    Burn this fucking place to the ground

• Options
    haven't run into one of these scenarios in a while (spoilers)...
    If I get the Radiant helm the Stuck Merchant dies. There's no way around it. Accidentally found that out in advance. I bought all the stuff she had already except for the ring without knowing that, but now I'm torn between not getting the helm and getting it and killing her.

Think it would have really sucked if I got the helm w/o buying her stock out first though. This world is but a dream, and she may live again in the when the cycle starts anew or something... ? One of those rare quests that I'd skip in a future playthrough though.

edit: does the root horror not trigger if you don't pick up the tome?

I mean I say as long as you don’t pick it up it should be fine. I guess.

• Options
    too late for that! lol... but I really think
    the tome triggers the boss, not the helmet.

I'm almost done my first run so I'll find out if she's there next time, the poor thing. The root horror had the melee damage resistance trait too.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Interestingly, after you beat hte campaign...
    you can teleport back to the final dungeon if you don't actually set a new checkpoint. It doesn't do anything, but eh.

time to go back to Corsus to crush elfsects until my buffs wear out, then reroll the campaign for my other traits.

edit: Beat it at trait level 140 and average level 10(+1 (11) difficulty? last dungeon was red rating).

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Yeah it’s pretty much now just reroll the campaign and discover the areas/events you have yet to see.

Think I was around the same trait lvl when I did my first run, now I am in the 300+ and still enjoying it.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    yeah, the tilesets have a samey yet different feel too. like, in my first go I came into an area that was boxed in like a courtyard, but this go I had a straight street to work through. Gives me the same samey-different vibes of Warframe.

Got the hunter's pistol and I'm up against Gorefist.

I didn't pop the the reroll thinger though, as other than catalyst not much of my build would be changing.

edit: this run there's like, next to no side quests or areas so far. :S

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Yeah I can see the glances of warframe like you say.

The only downside I have found so far in this game is
    It definitely feels a bit anti-climatic after the last boss. No real NPC chatter and feels more to be continued.
    . Other than that though I just can’t stop playing it.

I hope this has been real successful and as they have mentioned there will be more in the pipeline to follow and I for one look forward to it.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    yeah, the tilesets have a samey yet different feel too. like, in my first go I came into an area that was boxed in like a courtyard, but this go I had a straight street to work through. Gives me the same samey-different vibes of Warframe.

Got the hunter's pistol and I'm up against Gorefist.

I didn't pop the the reroll thinger though, as other than catalyst not much of my build would be changing.

edit: this run there's like, next to no side quests or areas so far. :S

The main advantage to your first re roll is that all the traits with 1 point in from when you got them get refunded. Which can free up quite a bit.

• Options
    hmm... I'd love to be able to roll a new character, with the traits that I've unlocked on my main, just at rank 0.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    hmm... I'd love to be able to roll a new character, with the traits that I've unlocked on my main, just at rank 0.

That's NG+

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

That's NG+

nah, I have all my weapons and retain my gear and their respective levels. I just want the unlocked traits to carry through.

Also rattleweed is so frustratingly inconsistent now.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Figgy wrote: »

That's NG+

nah, I have all my weapons and retain my gear and their respective levels. I just want the unlocked traits to carry through.

Also rattleweed is so frustratingly inconsistent now.

I'm pretty sure when you NG+ you can buy a trait reset spent skill points item from consumable vendor. Edit: Wait you meant keeping the traits but resetting all your gear didn't you.

Cobell on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    yeah, being effectively level 1 with just the traits up.

The Ent is being frustratingly hard to solo w/o taking damage... really wish I did that kill a world boss in single player without taking damage achievement before they nerfed all the cheesy methods of DPS. which also unlocked in co-op for people that were dead or took damage because lol.

edit: specifically because either the mortar arbitrarily decides that-even if I have adrenaline running (+10% Movement speed)-and doing the thing you are supposed to do (sprint to avoid being hit) it will still deal damage.

Or it spawns a hallow directly underneath/behind me and it starts to melee before I can even see it because yeah.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    so just testing melee stuff due to the akari change

this is on +20 hard with 1piece akari at +6 and 2 cultist +20 for ref (so not high mitigation base)

https://youtu.be/53C5aelN8qI

the leech ring is extremely good (leeches a % of damage), the thorns aura is extremely good (not only can the reflect damage crit but the mitigation is huge), "perfect dodge" is literally any dodge where you immune damage using iframes ie any melee dodge procs it

this is how sloppy you can be and still come out ahead, not bad

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Meanwhile, on Rhom:
    Wud: You didn't hear this from me, but this guy totally has a shiny on his face that lets him control animals you might want to take. Totally not telling you this because I think he sucks.

Me: Huh.

Houndmaster: Hey, uh... have a seat. Maybe chill, buy some of my jerky? I'll protect you from the animals. They're like, my family?

Me: Family, huh? Guess I'll buy some of that while I can.

Houndmaster: Here you go. Enough to last a lifetime!

Me: Yes. So uh... What's that on your face?

Houndmaster: I don't want to talk about it.

Me: ...

Houndmaster: ...

Me: GIVE ME YOUR FACE.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Welcome to Rhom! Bang.

Played co-op with some friends and spent ages trying to get
    harrow to take a knee.

We were doing to much DPS and had to dial it down, got there in the end.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Welcome to Rhom! Bang.

Played co-op with some friends and spent ages trying to get
    harrow to take a knee.

We were doing to much DPS and had to dial it down, got there in the end.

Yeah, still haven't been able to do that solo, so I just killed 'em dead and moved on.

• Options
    Yeah me too my main hasn’t done it either.

• Options
    I got him to do it my first run (most of Rhom was shotgun to the legs, then face). but I didn’t realize what it meant and by the time I got to him he got up and I spent ages trying to do it again before sanity led me to progress :(

I actually died once to fall damage fighting him...

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    I got him to kneel once, and managed to rip out the spear on that run.. but didn't survive.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    testing more melee stuff while grabbing some items i dont have - some bosses can actually be staggered by melee hits (and presumably this would be funnier using the petrified maul with the proc chance upgrade)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB3PlPeCqko&feature=youtu.be

also the blink ability turns you invulnerable while you activate it although has a tediously long recovery animation

on the other hand you appear and explode so its pretty sweg

you only get the melee attack speed trait after upgrading a non-boss weapon to +20 so if you want it thats worth bearing in mind

been trying to melee every boss to death aside from occasional shooting to generate mod power - unclean surprisingly very doable. you can hit weak points if you look up or down at the right angle and intersect your swings with the right parts of mob hitboxes, but its, uh, hard

the sad part about the awesome sprint knee slide is that though it has iframes it doesnt count as a dodge and thus cannot proc akari set bonus

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Why is joining or being joined impossible? I join games and get kicked, or people start to join then vanish.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Why is joining or being joined impossible? I join games and get kicked, or people start to join then vanish.

Is your character ugly?

>.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

I’m hoping they can patch in a better system, preferably one that didn’t require a quit to main menu.

• Options
    Popped untouchable on Clavinger... yay!

This run had all three keys too, so I got the one piece of the Akari set I was missing, so I just need one more set of armor... which I'm also on track to get. Good stuff all around.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The final boss of this game is a real fucking bad fight

Like it's cool conceptually and on paper, but boy oh boy is it concentrated anti-fun to fight

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET