A coordinated meetup the night before PAX for anyone with board games, or anyone who wants to play boardgames.WHERE:
The 2nd Floor of the Seattle Sheraton Hotel: 1400 6th Ave.WHEN:
Thursday August 29 @ 4:00 PM until Midnight (Games can continue after midnight, just not upstairs).
This event is ALL AGES!! It's also FREE! And there are NO SIGNUPS!!! Just show up and have a great time. Feel free to bring your spawn, but remember that PAXers have filthy, filthy mouths and your wee ones may be subject to some exciting new vocabulary.DEETS:
-250 seats in the mezzanine lobby area of the 2nd floor.
-The gaming area will be open until midnight. Any games will need to be moved to the downstairs lobbies after midnight.
-There will be a bar upstairs, by the gaming area. You're also welcome to order food/booze and bring it up from the restaurant/bar downstairs. There will not be table service.
-This event is not paid for, endorsed by, or affiliated with Official Penny Arcade. It is a community-run event.
-The Cookie Brigade will be at the info table en masse. Cookie dropoffs and taste testing to ensure nothing is poisonous will be there.THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Buy your food and drinks from the hotel. No outside food. It's how we pay for this event that they give us for free.THE OTHER RULES
- This is important enough to list twice: The hotel gives us this space for free: they don't owe us this event. In return we give them a good bar and restaurant take. Please plan to purchase food and/or drink from the hotel.
We all know it's expensive, so plan appropriately. Takeout pizza or outside food is discouraged in the strongest possible terms, and I will be asking people who have food to take it elsewhere. If your budget is tight and you can't afford hotel food, please eat before or go to your room to eat. Thank you in advance for understanding how this whole free-game-night-barter-system-politics thing works.
- Because of fire code restrictions, please game in the designated areas instead of in the hotel lobbies. If you see people gaming in the lobbies, roll a knowledge check to see if they know there's a designated gaming area. Gaming in the bar and restaurant is fine as long as you're not tablesquatting (ie: make sure you continue to order as if the table is turning each hour). Note that the hotel security staff may be policing the downstairs main lobby and asking people to move upstairs so that the non-PAX guests can use the downstairs lobby.
- Please don't be an egregious douchebag. For example, one year some guy decided it would be a great idea to smoke a vape in the ballroom and the hotel manager came and had an unpleasant chat with me about it. This isn't your buddy's garage man cave, please act appropriately. We pride ourselves on being a responsible, self-policing community, so if you see someone acting inappropriately (eating takeout food, smoking, vandalizing or just being a dick), it's a good idea to nicely recommend they knock it the fuck off before management does.
- Be Excellent to each other. We freaks and geeks can be a socially maladroit group, so if someone is shyly lurking by your table, invite them to join. Be patient, be nice. Please don't flip your table.HOW IT WORKS on the thread
1. If you have games to bring, please post what you're bringing.
2. If you're looking to play a specific game, please post your request.HOW IT WORKS at the Hotel
1. Your coordinator for the night is TBD, but you will be able to find someone at the Info
table with the Cookie Brigade if you have any questions.
2. If you've got a game and are looking for players, put the box top of the game vertically on your table. This is the universal sign for "I don't care who you are, please join us"
3. If you're looking to join a game, look for vertical box tops.
4. We will have a hosted checkout system at the info table. You can drop off games to loan or borrow games there. If you're dropping off, I recommend doing this:
Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
Betrayal at House on the Hill
You and your companions foolishly enter a "haunted" house. The door slams shut behind you. Will you be able to escape? Or will your corpse be tossed outside, never to be seen again? Roughly 1.5 to 2 hours with teach.
Merchants & Marauders
Basically, Sid Meier's Pirates! the board game. It's a giant sandbox. Sail the Caribbean, trade goods, rob merchant ships, take on missions, and send your opponents to Davy Jones' Locker. Roughly 3.5 hours with teach.
Probably the world's only CCG simulator card game! Buy, sell, and trade packs of cards (that are literally just the rares because *obviously.*) in order to build decks and collections, play the decks in tournaments and win victory points! Roughly 2.5 hours with teach.
One of the only hidden role games I actually play. Move around between six different locales, collect items and information, and find out who your friends and enemies are - before it's too late. Roughly 1 hour with teach.
A Jordan Draper title, from his Tokyo game series. Build train stations in Tokyo, invest in train lines, and earn as much yen as possible. Roughly 2 to 2.5 hours with teach.
All the fun of the local fair, complete with bullying and blackmail! It's a tableau builder where you build attractions into your theme park and, through upgrades and contracts, try to make it the most prestigious one around. Roughly 25 minutes per player, plus teach.
I'll also have some smaller games like Deep Sea Adventure and Parade on hand, depending on space.
Games will include:
The Reckoners (up to 6 player coop)
Magic Maze (up to 8 player coop)
Architects of the West Kingdom (4 Player Resource and Worker placement)
Villianous+Expansions (Disney Asymetrical)
Valeria Card Kingdoms (Tableua Building)
Reef (Resource layout)
Azul:Stained Glass of Sintra
Raiders of the North Sea (Contains Mead Expansion)
Tea Dragon Society
Star Trek ChronoTrek
Star Realms Frontiers
Railroad Ink (blue)
Ganz Schon Clever
Arkham Horror 3rd Edition
Clank! In Space
Sushi GO Party
Grateful as ever sir, for your generous contributions to game night!
In Trogdor!: The Board Game, you and up to five friends — or maybe people you just paid to come over — take on the roles of these acolytes of the Burninator, each with their own unique abilities and magical items. Take turns guiding Trogdor on his destructive lost weekend around Peasantry. Help him avoid pesky knights and archers, devour peasants, burninate the countryside, and, of course, the thatched roof COTTAGES!!
I probably also have room in my backpack for a couple of smaller games and if I come I will pack a few of them as well.
Dead of Winter: The Long Night
(No room for anything else). Should I bring these?
They are all good games
I will caution s.h...with as charged as people are a game with people being called facists might not sit well.
And as long as people know how long the others are they seem solid. Shorter games tend to do better but i brought a variety
Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide