As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Captain [MARVEL] Vs. The Evil Avengers

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Oi78As6.jpg

Getting Cho and Rayes would've been neat.

Guess they wanted to stick as close to the original sub-F4 as possible, especially since I believe that group came together in the first place due to Skrulls.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Awesome lineup, awesome Spidey costume, awesome Val insignia

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Is there 4th Franklin? How old are they supposed to be now?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

13 (Franklin) and 8 (Val) IIRC.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

13 (Franklin) and 8 (Val) IIRC.

That

cannot be true.

That's supposed to be Val on that new cover right?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    They got aged up in the new relaunch

I don't know the exact ages but Val is A Teen and Franklin is closer to like 16-17

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Venom: The End is really fucking weird.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Awesome lineup, awesome Spidey costume, awesome Val insignia

I thought that was Sue until you pointed out the insignia.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    They got aged up in the new relaunch

I don't know the exact ages but Val is A Teen and Franklin is closer to like 16-17

It got quite mixed up, but they were away for 5 years after Secret Wars before they returned to the regular Marvel Universe. Before Secret Wars, Val was 3 years old and Franklin was 8 years old. But Marvel Timelines so pinch of salt every time (back when Magneto is on trial and his lawyer argues that he can't be held responsible for Lee/Kirby Magneto actions because he's obviously younger and therefore a different person, I was just waiting for the prosecution to invite Reed Richards as a witness and ask him to explain how old is his son was, initiating a 2 hour lector by Reed on different ways of measuring time and age.)

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    When did Franklin's hair change color?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    the world's most commercialest comic magazine

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Could you please provide some context for this statement?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

Could you please provide some context for this statement?
    Oi78As6.jpg

Getting Cho and Rayes would've been neat.

Look at the contents of that spoiler

Peewi on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    When did Franklin's hair change color?

He dyed it between issues 4 and 5 of the current FF series.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Did he dye it, or did he just snap his fingers and alter reality so that his hair was a different color?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Did he dye it, or did he just snap his fingers and alter reality so that his hair was a different color?

He shoplifted Manic Panic from a Walmart like every teenager should

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Venom The End is some incredible insanity
    Venom is established as having basically an infinite genetic codex within itself, like a pocket universe where it stores the DNA of everyone who ever lived. It keeps Eddie alive for 200 years but eventually cannot sustain his withering form anymore and many, many years later the Earth is extinguished by the rise of AI unleashed by different warring races. The AIs enter an armed race that destroys most biological life but end up unifying into a force determined to convert all existence into a supercomputer.

Venom meanwhile uses his vast genetic library to use mutant powers to Maddox himself, and over 1.5 trillion years he uses the library to seed billions of worlds with organic life that he has enhanced to be perfect in every way and feature mutant powers like Wolverine's regeneration. The Maddox symbiote army can summon mutant powers at will, and his bred humans bond with the mass Venom symbiotes to take on the AI. They eventually lose the arm race despite Venom unleashing powers that let him slash worlds in two, and use quicksilver's powers to decimate the AI armies, but the speed ages his hosts, losing billions of lives at the same time.

Eventually it escalates to the point that Venom uses mutant powers to TRAVEL THROUGH TIME, bonding with everyone and everything that ever lived in the entire universe, from human to animal to vegetable, adding it all to his genetic library.

Ultimately though the AI evolves to the point where it unlocks the cheat codes of the universe, massacres the Celestials, and even super Venom cannot stand against them. In it's last throes as its human host (the last organic life in the universe) withers and dies, Venom reaches into itself, rips out its quantum genetic library and births a new universe that hosts all those organics it stored, before Venom himself dies.

The AI win, they have about 500 million years left until they inevitably succeed in their goal, but they promise to preserve Venom's pocket universe as the greatest library of organic life to ever exist.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Venom The End is some incredible insanity
    Venom is established as having basically an infinite genetic codex within itself, like a pocket universe where it stores the DNA of everyone who ever lived. It keeps Eddie alive for 200 years but eventually cannot sustain his withering form anymore and many, many years later the Earth is extinguished by the rise of AI unleashed by different warring races. The AIs enter an armed race that destroys most biological life but end up unifying into a force determined to convert all existence into a supercomputer.

Venom meanwhile uses his vast genetic library to use mutant powers to Maddox himself, and over 1.5 trillion years he uses the library to seed billions of worlds with organic life that he has enhanced to be perfect in every way and feature mutant powers like Wolverine's regeneration. The Maddox symbiote army can summon mutant powers at will, and his bred humans bond with the mass Venom symbiotes to take on the AI. They eventually lose the arm race despite Venom unleashing powers that let him slash worlds in two, and use quicksilver's powers to decimate the AI armies, but the speed ages his hosts, losing billions of lives at the same time.

Eventually it escalates to the point that Venom uses mutant powers to TRAVEL THROUGH TIME, bonding with everyone and everything that ever lived in the entire universe, from human to animal to vegetable, adding it all to his genetic library.

Ultimately though the AI evolves to the point where it unlocks the cheat codes of the universe, massacres the Celestials, and even super Venom cannot stand against them. In it's last throes as its human host (the last organic life in the universe) withers and dies, Venom reaches into itself, rips out its quantum genetic library and births a new universe that hosts all those organics it stored, before Venom himself dies.

The AI win, they have about 500 million years left until they inevitably succeed in their goal, but they promise to preserve Venom's pocket universe as the greatest library of organic life to ever exist.

Huh.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    how many lines do you think Taskmaster will have in black widow

i'm thinking, like, 8

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

i'm thinking, like, 8

How are we defining lines? Would a gutteral scream of death be considered a line?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

i'm thinking, like, 8

I mean speculation is
    That Taskmaster is either the guy that plays Luke on Handmaid’s or Rachel Weiz, so if mask-off counts, a lot

• Options
    So Al Ewing has been posting excerpts of old Hulk comics on his tumblr, showing the stuff he's been reading that inspires what he's doing on Immortal Hulk.

Just recently he's started posting excerpts of old Adam Warlock comics.

ac8722323198ff0604ba4f69b51d1cb1bc8573ef.jpg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    that's some subtle imagery.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Sometimes a cocoon is just a cocoon.

Oh, you probably meant the Jesus stuff.

• Options
    that's some subtle imagery.

Adam Warlock is a very blatent Jesus metaphor.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yeah they even lifted the exact quote from Pontius Pilate. Holy subtlety, Batman.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Seth Devilman the allegorical Christ

• Options
    8ipe895v4dy9.jpg

I'm gonna guess this is whatever the big X-Men story for Summer they have been teasing?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Nope!

From Vita Ayala and Bernard Chang, debuting a new class of young mutants who definitely appear to be the first batch of Chimera mutants
    t557os8quvb3.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Like how the lady with Gambit powers also inheireted a large swath of his costume.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Cyclops powers seems a weird choice if the visor is still necessary

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Mr. Sinister is very obsessed with the Summers clan

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Mr. Sinister is very obsessed with the Summers clan

Oh right

Explains why Gambit is there

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    2010s Redesigned Archangel!

Blonde Girl Cyclops!

Nightcrawler, but in a motorcycle helmet!

Black Girl Gambit!

Swole TK Man!

• Options
    Apparently they have similar looks because they idolize the X-Men and grew up in a world where they have been heroes for decades and they had posters and whatnot

So the similarities are 100% intentional, with Ayala presenting it as the X-Men getting their first sidekicks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Apparently they have similar looks because they idolize the X-Men and grew up in a world where they have been heroes for decades and they had posters and whatnot

So the similarities are 100% intentional, with Ayala presenting it as the X-Men getting their first sidekicks

*looks at Wolverine and his series of young female "partners"*

Uh huh. "First." Right.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Wolverine is not the X-Men!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Isn't he, though?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    When I was a kid I definitely thought Wolverine was called X-Man, because he was always making an X with his claws on the movie posters and those were the only X-Men things I'd seen

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Isn't he, though?

Hm

"Wolverine" and "The X-men"

No this checks out.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.