Options

Why is River a Terminator? Sarah Conner Chronicles

• Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wonder if this isn't the end of our friend...
    One of Ellis' missions is to bring a terminator back to Manson. So, now that he knows where a (dead) terminator is buried, will he follow up on this? And, would it not be possible for Manson to reconstruct Cromartie? Perhaps even fix or replace his pulverized chip? I suppose it comes down to what Manson's plans are for the terminator and whether or not Ellis can get to it before the Connors. I can forgive TSCC if they bring back Cromartie in a cheesy way. I just want him back.

Did anyone notice that Cameron
    looked almost sad or regretful as she finished off Cromartie? Or, was that just my own feelings projected on her?

And I love, "She hasn't been careful. Is her chip damaged?"

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cameron's chip is totally damaged, which I think led to the second spoiler.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I figured that he'd return or be used in some way considering that they
    don't destroy his body. I like how they didn't magically have special incineration powder there with them but its definitely an opening. And they can send back more Cromartie's, they've sent back multiple Vick's.

The problem is that they won't be Cromartie. This one seemed to be actively thinking outside his programming while aiming towards his goal. He's constantly outwitted all the humans on the show and thought up some pretty good plans for getting to John anbd he seemed to have some ulterior motives like leaving Ellison alive while purposely telling him that he will lead him to John and even interpreting that Sarah really didn't know where John was.

THe main obstacle of course is the destruction of the chip. The only hope is if T-OneThouBot is able to find all the shards and reform the chip to its intact state. I can guarantee however that Cromarties body will be found and removed before they destroy it, they obviously like the character. I wish they'd shown the skull instead of that damaged part though. Hell, Arnie's took being smashed with a girder thrown by a liquid girder and didn't take that kind of damage.

I also like how they had enough story to fill the episode unlike some who can't fill 20 minutes without constantly rehashing earlier scenes from a different persons perspective (Simpsons).

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Future John is
    totally banging Cameron.

GungHo on
  • Options
    LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    don't destroy his body. I like how they didn't magically have special incineration powder there with them but its definitely an opening. And they can send back more Cromartie's, they've sent back multiple Vick's.

The problem is that they won't be Cromartie. This one seemed to be actively thinking outside his programming while aiming towards his goal. He's constantly outwitted all the humans on the show and thought up some pretty good plans for getting to John anbd he seemed to have some ulterior motives like leaving Ellison alive while purposely telling him that he will lead him to John and even interpreting that Sarah really didn't know where John was.

THe main obstacle of course is the destruction of the chip. The only hope is if T-OneThouBot is able to find all the shards and reform the chip to its intact state. I can guarantee however that Cromarties body will be found and removed before they destroy it, they obviously like the character. I wish they'd shown the skull instead of that damaged part though. Hell, Arnie's took being smashed with a girder thrown by a liquid girder and didn't take that kind of damage.

I also like how they had enough story to fill the episode unlike some who can't fill 20 minutes without constantly rehashing earlier scenes from a different persons perspective (Simpsons).

Assuming that
    the chip Cameron gave to Sarah was actually Cromartie's. Suppose she wanted that jacket back so badly because she had something valuable in the pocket...

WHAT A TWEEST

Lizard on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    GungHo wrote: »
    Future John is
    totally banging Cameron.

Or is it that he was :
    bangin the girl that Cameron was designed from, and his future self feels an attachment to her? Cause as much as I want to do things to her, I totally could not trust my wang to a vaginator.

Yall on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Lizard wrote: »

Assuming that
    the chip Cameron gave to Sarah was actually Cromartie's. Suppose she wanted that jacket back so badly because she had something valuable in the pocket...

WHAT A TWEEST

I doubt she'd carry it with her all the time. I can easily see a T-1000 being able to repair it, or perhaps not finding every shard and repairing it with some new quirks. It'd be a waste of a good character, he reminded us why Terminators are fucking dangerous unlike T-X which was a joke with weaponry.

And Future John was totally banging Cameron's blueprint. Its pretty well implied.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarah...
    ...demolished that chip pretty heavily. If Cromartie is coming back...it's definitely going to be cheesy. Of course, since Cromartie's current look is "custom" so to speak. They could always have another triple 8 with the default cromartie skin and bring back the actor from Kitchen Confidential who played him.

There definitely has to be a story behind Cromartie. He acts too differently from the other terminators, maybe he's of the same class as Cameron, smarter, better at infiltration, just the male version.

I dunno, Im just at that point where I'm tired of the teasing...start showing me what's really going on with Shirley-bot

VoodooV on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    now we ALL saw him in the preview for next week right?

is he possibly at t-1000 and that chip was just liquid goo that looked like a chip?

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Link?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DredZedDredZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DredZed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You're a god among men. Cromie!

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cromartie is easily one of the better Terminators since Arniebot in the original.

Also I would totally risk of my wang with the Taminator. I totally would not get a handjob from her though. I mean most chicks cause pain doing it normally anyway. Taminator has super-strength.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Cromartie is easily one of the better Terminators since Arniebot in the original.

Also I would totally risk of my wang with the Taminator. I totally would not get a handjob from her though. I mean most chicks cause pain doing it normally anyway. Taminator has super-strength.

Are you joking? She has perfect motor skill control. She could do 1000 pumps per minute adding and decreasing pressure in nano seconds to the right area.

But seriously, I wouldn't waste my time on anything less than pure booty. Is it really surprising he sent back a hot terminator to his teenage self who he knew would be feeling lonely?

EDIT: And I'm liking the show in general, much like American Dad with Family guy and Simpsons, I use it to wash away the taint of Heroes after giving it a shot.

The only nag at the moment is that Sarah somehow thinks shes had a harsher life than anyone else and is privileged because of it.

"Aww, you lost your kids? You don't know what loss is lady"
    "Aww, you lose your wife and career? You think thats a lot?"
    "Aww, your testicle is trapped in that door? Think yourself lucky"

Like there aren't people being chased around the world by amoral humans who are a bit less lenient in the quick killing of their prisoners.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DredZedDredZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Are you joking? She has perfect motor skill control. She could do 1000 pumps per minute adding and decreasing pressure in nano seconds to the right area.

But seriously, I wouldn't waste my time on anything less than pure booty. Is it really surprising he sent back a hot terminator to his teenage self who he knew would be feeling lonely?

John Connor: Time Pimp

DredZed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

But, she feels. She wouldn't be worth much if she didn't

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I feel like these terminators are really easy to kill. Sure they had a special shotgun with them, but I feel like 1. terminators should be nearly immune to small arms fire and 2. terminators have stormtrooper aim. If you're a robot killing machine you should be able to put a round through a window. Derek and Sarah weren't THAT covered. Shit John shouldn't have lived through the first episode. The first Cromartie should have capped his ass easily.

valiance on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    valiance wrote: »
    I feel like these terminators are really easy to kill. Sure they had a special shotgun with them, but I feel like 1. terminators should be nearly immune to small arms fire and 2. terminators have stormtrooper aim. If you're a robot killing machine you should be able to put a round through a window. Derek and Sarah weren't THAT covered. Shit John shouldn't have lived through the first episode. The first Cromartie should have capped his ass easily.

Skynet-loyal Terminators have always been notoriously bad shots. The moment John reprograms them they become able to spray an entire crowded area with a minigun and purposefully not hit a single human.
    Anyway, I don't think Cromartie got totally fucked up until Cameron came in with the point blank shotgun blast to the head.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Skynet-loyal Terminators have always been notoriously bad shots. The moment John reprograms them they become able to spray an entire crowded area with a minigun and purposefully not hit a single human.
    Anyway, I don't think Cromartie got totally fucked up until Cameron came in with the point blank shotgun blast to the head.
    Yeah he didn't look particularly phased by being hit all those times. Whereas it seemed like that shotgun was firing some type of pretty nasty load.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yeah he didn't look particularly phased by being hit all those times. Whereas it seemed like that shotgun was firing some type of pretty nasty load.

Yeah, where'd they find buckshot made of fucking Adamantium.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Decius wrote: »

Explosive pellets.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    useless4 wrote: »
    now we ALL saw him in the preview for next week right?

is he possibly at t-1000 and that chip was just liquid goo that looked like a chip?

No, I think it's much more likely that Ellison takes the body to his boss, or leads her to it, and she builds him a new chip.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I get the feeling that Cameron was using the same rounds that Derek was using in the military school episode, which did the same thing. Hence, the whole thing about raiding his stash.

Still, it doesn't make sense that such high powered rounds would exist. You would think that whatever those bullets are made from, future hyper alloys would be vastly superior. I mean, have bullets really become that much more advanced between Terminator 2 and 2008?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I get the feeling that Cameron was using the same rounds that Derek was using in the military school episode, which did the same thing. Hence, the whole thing about raiding his stash.

Still, it doesn't make sense that such high powered rounds would exist. You would think that whatever those bullets are made from, future hyper alloys would be vastly superior. I mean, have bullets really become that much more advanced between Terminator 2 and 2008?
    I thought the point of T2 was generally that if you're on the run from a reasonably unstoppable killing machine then you're fucked if you can't get it to go against the military.

I mean to be fair, bullets are pretty fuckin' powerful - I don't imagine a Terminator would withstand sustained assault rifle fire. More that it will kill you before you do enough damage to it to bring it down.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow, I just realized that my comments regarding T2 made no sense. Never mind.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

A terminator is generally facing humans armed with weapons designed to kill other humans. Hollowpoints and the like. These will do nothing to an armored terminator, but when you start getting into incendiary and explosive rounds, from incredibly close up, to the fucking face - yea.

It's the difference between a fragmentation grenade and a thermite grenade. One can kill 10 guys and do crap to a terminator, the other will wreck a terminator's shit.

A 50 caliber with rounds like those used or an explosive shotgun slug, both are pretty wicked. You have to realize how vastly superior specialized anti material ammunition is at that sort of thing.

I'm not sure why their MP5s did much at all to him, maybe AP ammo?

I thought the point of T2 was generally that if you're on the run from a reasonably unstoppable killing machine then you're fucked if you can't get it to go against the military.

I mean to be fair, bullets are pretty fuckin' powerful - I don't imagine a Terminator would withstand sustained assault rifle fire. More that it will kill you before you do enough damage to it to bring it down.

It seems even with high caliber weapons you need concentrated fire to do anything. Infact I wonder why the characters bother carrying 9mm handguns when going against a terminator. They literally do not even slow it down.

Obviously terminators aren't invincible because John Connor's troops in the future hand Skynet some pretty serious defeats from time to time despite whole armies of them. Chromie should just be happy they couldn't bring that duct-taped plasma rifle with them.

That said he should have killed John numerous times by now, but those damn plot devices keep working against him :)

override367 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I was pretty surprised they didn't take the anti-tank missile with them from the storage depot (it was right there on the floor).

Still, I got the impression that the 9mm wasn't really damaging Cromartie, it was more to let Cameron get up close and boomstick him.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would think a 40mm grenade launcher with the appropriate ammo (I think they have a variety designed to take out armored personnel carriers) would be the best size to terminator raping capability (ahnold agreed with that in T2, even ruined a T-1000's day).

Infact, didn't future Cameron 1-shot a T-888 with one of those?

My main complaint with the show thus far in regards to terminators is how easily Cromie killed that impersonatorbot. He just stabbed him once with some pipe and poof dead. Wth?

override367 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I would think a 40mm grenade launcher with the appropriate ammo (I think they have a variety designed to take out armored personnel carriers) would be the best size to terminator raping capability (ahnold agreed with that in T2, even ruined a T-1000's day).

Infact, didn't future Cameron 1-shot a T-888 with one of those?

My main complaint with the show thus far in regards to terminators is how easily Cromie killed that impersonatorbot. He just stabbed him once with some pipe and poof dead. Wth?
    Arnie was dropped in T2 by being stabbed with a pipe. It was only after he was left alone that he rerouted to backup power. And you know, Cromie did a better job and ripped that mofo's shit right out.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Terminators aren't invulnerable. They only seem that way because they are fighting the remnants of humanity, poorly armed and trained.

In fact, when humans group up and plan to take down a terminator .. they do.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    poorly armed? they have plasma rifles in the future.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Decius wrote: »

Explosive pellets.

Five or six 12 gauge, 3" or 3.5" tungsten-core slugs all focused on one spot (two or three sq. in. in area around the left eye/temple) would definitely fuck up anything in that spot.

Well, the difference is that there really are .50 API rounds. AFAIK no such thing exists for practical reasons for a 12 gauge shotgun, mostly because military uses for shotguns tend towards hitting things that aren't, well, Cromartie.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

What's plasma going to do to steel?

And Terminators are formidable, a few bullets here and there isn't going to do anything and if you get close to one its sheer strength will mean your doom. I do prefer the movie ones who are practically indestructible to weaponry but not invincible, a pipe bomb managed to destroy the centre of the body at the weak point, the spine.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

alot.

watch t1 and t2 future war scenes again, and some of the future war episodes in the series.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

alot.

watch t1 and t2 future war scenes again, and some of the future war episodes in the series.

Aren't they laser rifles?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

And Terminators are formidable, a few bullets here and there isn't going to do anything and if you get close to one its sheer strength will mean your doom. I do prefer the movie ones who are practically indestructible to weaponry but not invincible, a pipe bomb managed to destroy the centre of the body at the weak point, the spine.

Melt it. Plasma in Sci-Fi is generally treated as a weapon that generally breaks things by either generating lots of heat or electrical discharge. Either of the two aren't very good for robots that have lots of joints or chips in them.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I still don't get how the humans, after being nuked to all hell,suddenly have plasma rifles out of nowhere.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    I still don't get how the humans, after being nuked to all hell,suddenly have plasma rifles out of nowhere.
    Kill Terminators, take their guns, and re-make them using cheap labor.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

alot.

Aren't they laser rifles?

laser, plasma, they both fire pretty lights.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And Future John was totally banging Cameron's blueprint. Its pretty well implied.
    She certainly felt rather comfortable to have stood outside his door, threw her jacket off to pool at her feet and show her bra (because you can't just show tits on Fox... this and Battlestar Galactica would have been much better shows on HBO), and lay on the bed as if to say, "you know, if you'd like to bang one out, go ahead and climb aboard."
    He had a personality... of sorts, especially in the last two episodes. And he clearly was learning. It's too bad that eventually it had to come to a confrontation. I'd have prefered to have him around for awhile instead of Shirley. She doesn't convey near the amount of menace of either Cromartie or the original T-1000.
    If you had a time machine and you could send your adolescent self a billion-dollar sex toy, would you do it? You bet your ass you would. 'Course, I'd have fixed that mole. And sent back two of em.
    I was pretty surprised they didn't take the anti-tank missile with them from the storage depot (it was right there on the floor).
    There's only so much you can pay a Mexican customs officer to look the other way...
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Melt it. Plasma in Sci-Fi is generally treated as a weapon that generally breaks things by either generating lots of heat or electrical discharge. Either of the two aren't very good for robots that have lots of joints or chips in them.
    Bullets just punch holes in things. They wouldn't do much either unless they started bouncing around inside. Just enjoy the show.

GungHo on
This discussion has been closed.