As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Am I crazy or is this ff12 banner actually pretty good?

I haven't pulled on a banner outside fests in what feels like years.

I'm gonna say crazy when I look at my current tech for Magicites. For current Torment Stuff? Larsa is a pretty good healer but outside of Astra he's no Penelo. I guess it depends on what elements you're lacking. I think Yuffie's Banner was a bit better but again this definitely depends on what you're working on.

I dunno man, look at that new Larsa USB.

Instant heal and 2 turns of fast cast to the whole party, and a mode that makes White Magic and Support trigger a small medica with Esuna. If you’ve already got Rosa’s USB2, then sure, fair enough, but still sounds like a very solid piece of independent healer tech.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I mean this is all hypotethicals, that's why I said it really depends on what you've got. In my case, I have uber Selphie with everything (Astra, Last Stand, Fast Cast) or Elarra with her USB which covers usually all my healer/support needs.

Then again, I admit that FFXII Torment is so not in my cards right now. I'm definitely in Synchro or bust mode.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    On second thought, that Fran Awakening with Dispel baked in seems like it was created specifically to deal with Syldra.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    These banners seem pretty bad to me to be honest.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    grr...looks like I'll have to pick up Basch's SB(!) to get a Boostga for Dreams. I'm thinking...

Fran Chain
    Basch Boost
    Balthier Imperiling
    Squall Awakening
    Elarra for good heals

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    You don't necessarily need a party boost, though a unique SB is pretty cheap so might not be a bad idea.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Daily hit: shadow SSB

+10 ATK, at least. It's been a while.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Haha what?

So it turns out that Riku, with the right soul breaks, actually makes for a good Imperil support in modern Dark teams. Yes, none of his soul breaks Imperil on their own, but Riku can Dive for dualcast, and his USB gives him faster actions and a chase. The dualcast is very important for Touched By Darkness; every trigger is an extra level of Imperil he can apply in that battle. And the speed and chase allow him to do incidental damage in exchange for sacrificing what he could be doing with Crimson Cross. And it helps build to his Arcane.

What I’m saying is that a team with Riku and Rufus got me further in the Odin fight than any team with Sephiroth has, and I’m not sure how I feel about this revelation.

This team can go further, but it’s gonna cost me some Lenses. Rufus really wants his Imperil BSB, to have an outlet for excess meter and something to do to delay his Awakening. and probably so does Seymour. But I could use rank 1 lenses to get Rufus’s Imperil SSB, as a test run (and to give him more ATK).

Edit:

Hm. If I got Seymour’s BSB and LMR, he could do what Riku’s doing for Inperils, and then I could field Cloud or Gabranth to do Heavy. Gabranth has a Bubsy with an Overstrike, and Cloud has an Arcane and a USB with double charge.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Ok! Dreams cleared. it could've been Sub 30 but I wasn't sure if I had my Boostga on to finish up with Squall's Arcane. Here's the Team.

Squall AASB+AOSB +SSS I'm actually starting to like this go fast LMR in lieu of his enIce one.
    Basch Healing Smite + Banishing Blade + SB My mistake was using his USB during the fight. Didn't really do much.
    Fran Icicle Bullet R2 + CSB. Didn't really do much besides buffing
    Penelo (!) Enfeebling Jitterbug + Shellga + BSB. Actually helped a lot to curtail damage.
    Elarra Hastega + Curada + USB

• Options
    Reminder, you have till Wednesday to clean out the fest gift dungeons and spend fest tickets. I was surprised to notice I had two gifts and 25 tickets left. Not hard, but it does take at least a few minutes of mindless tapping and auto battling

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wish I had more relics to level. Feels so wasteful running it with nothing to level.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Wish I had more relics to level. Feels so wasteful running it with nothing to level.

Still a few more months until we get the update that causes all relics to automatically be learned.

There's always more magicite to level up

• Options
    edited October 2019

It’s a good source of quick runs for Magia farming, at least.

———————

Spent some 3000 lenses on Seymour’s dualcast Materia. Looks like I’m going to soon do another 1000 for his Imperil Burst. Trying to do holy Odin is proving to be expensive. Glad I didn’t impulse-buy stuff like Celes’s or Edgar’s Materia back when the Papaya shop first came out.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

Still a few more months until we get the update that causes all relics to automatically be learned.

There's always more magicite to level up

what. is that really an update? mah gawd.

• Options
    Not only every soul break and Materia on equipment you have, but it even retroactively teaches you stuff from equipment you accidentally junked before mastering the soul break or Materia.

• Options
    Contemplating getting Marche USB to sub-30 FFT easily.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Holy crap, got to the final phase of dark-weak Odin! Currently running a team with a DPS core of Rufus and Cloud, with Seymour doing both chain and Imperil.

Got to the third SED, but Elarra died before she could heal off the second one. Gonna try again later with her using more HP Magia and a Dark-Armored Echoes. I also think it’s tone to maybe max out Wicked Press and Grand Charge. Cloud entered the final phase with 3 uses left of the former. If I had one more to use, even for just a single 9999 hit, it would help him get his Arcane off.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Holy crap, got to the final phase of dark-weak Odin! Currently running a team with a DPS core of Rufus and Cloud, with Seymour doing both chain and Imperil.

Got to the third SED, but Elarra died before she could heal off the second one. Gonna try again later with her using more HP Magia and a Dark-Armored Echoes. I also think it’s tone to maybe max out Wicked Press and Grand Charge. Cloud entered the final phase with 3 uses left of the former. If I had one more to use, even for just a single 9999 hit, it would help him get his Arcane off.

Dark Odin is the worst. The HP backlash is brutal when you're so often already relying on surviving attacks with a sliver of HP. I barely got a win with TGCid's AASB/USB, Sephiroth AASB/USB2/OSB, Seifer CSB/BSB2/Glint, Elarra USB and Tyro USB1/3 (blinked the sap attack with Ark so the USB1's astra stayed for the sleepga), and that was with accidentally perfect timing entering phase 3 where I managed to cast Seifer's CSB, Sephiroth's USB2, and TGCid's USB all before the AoE stun hit, although that was in large part because he put himself into phase 3 from Radiant Shield reflected damage, so they had a bunch of ticks of damage to all hit full ATB, most with 2x 2x'ed cast speed. I still only just barely got the win off a TGCid USB cast after Savage Zan 2. Not having AOSBs to close things out is rough, as was having to burn a Fabula Mage early to keep the damage from the first Savage Zan in check.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The rough part on my end is not having Mage for this. He’s got enough non-piercing moves that I really need Wall and Astra, so it’s either field Tyro with his USB3 and summon Raider, or use Elarra’s Glint+, field Nanaki, and call Guardian. I unfortunately don’t have Elarra’s attack-boosting USB, so I’ve got to make do with a combo of Raider and Warrior’s Hymn. Still, it’s going better than I expected.

As for going though Climhazzard and Sleepja, I’m actually using Deathgaze as my main. I find that lowering his Holy Attack is a better option for extended survivability. It reduces Climhazzard to reasonable levels of damage, too. The issue of course is that I need to time Tyro’s Astra USB to land between Climhazzard and Sleepja, but I’ve got that particular bit of timing down.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    woooow...man this is really cool. I'm actually surprised how strong these teams are for Famfrit. So I first did this run:

Lightning Flash Disaster + Ripping Plasma USB+AOSB
    Kain Cyclone Bolt + Lightning Dive CSB
    Ignis Magic Breakdown + Entrust BSB (kinda helps that his C1 is actually Lightning Element!)
    Elarra Curada + Dispel USB
    Prompto Plasma Shock USB

Got hiw down from 35 secs to 28.8 secs. Not bad! Keep in mind everyone here is Legend Dived. So I thought I would try out some new tech and swapped

Kain for Reno. CSB and Plasma Shock.
    Prompto for Delita Stormspell USB + AOSB.

Keep in mind they aren't 5* dived. Kill time went down to 28 secs! If they had their LMR (dualcast on their respective skills) they could be doing even a faster run! It was actually gonna be 25 secs but Famfrit got his Protect off. I know, I can probably swap Delita/Prompto for Bartz AASB and it could be an even faster run.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    So, today I learned that if you’re fielding someone with a 100% Crit EX Mode, it’s kind of useful to also field a Magicite with Deadly Strikes. Cloud was getting nothing from Precise Strikes, but now he’s breaking rage with that first use of Darkpetal Bloom.

Also, recasting Ultra Cross Slash for 5x9999 is the most disappointing feeling. Right up there with using an Arcane just as the chain has expired.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Contemplating getting Marche USB to sub-30 FFT easily.

First try: 29.87s.

Could speed it up, but DONT CURR.

*shoves some FFT holy swords into his vault*

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, today I learned that if you’re fielding someone with a 100% Crit EX Mode, it’s kind of useful to also field a Magicite with Deadly Strikes. Cloud was getting nothing from Precise Strikes, but now he’s breaking rage with that first use of Darkpetal Bloom.

Also, recasting Ultra Cross Slash for 5x9999 is the most disappointing feeling. Right up there with using an Arcane just as the chain has expired.

Yup that's why I'm farming Belias right now to stick that crit damage passive onto a Madeen.

• Options
    Decided to do one draw because I have some credit card rewards which won't let me redeem for cash because I didn't pay attention.

3/11 all discoes!
    Cyan doublecast USB. Not awful
    Ramza chain (dupe)
    Vincent chain (dupe)

Two goddamn dupe chains on one of these grab bags. Still no water, only freebie lightning. Boooooooo.

Well THAT'S 100 lv3 lenses, at least.

Lightning's got her AOSB now.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I wonder what it takes to survive 2 Savage Elemental Drives between heals. Because Elarra isn't quite doing it at the moment. It's the need to recast Warrior's Hymn is what's killing me. That's a turn that she can't react to SED with a party heal. I have a smattering of HP Boons in my magicite deck, so I hope the answer isn't "grind HP Magia".

I wonder if I can get away with giving Tyro Warrior's Hymn and Entrust instead of Wrath and Entrust, and then give Elarra Curada and like... Ultima Weapon? Does a 5-star spell that hits a weakness build more meter than Curada? edit: OK, it does. That's something to try.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Getting your first black armored Echoes to put on Elarra helps a ton with getting through the elemental drives without having to heal or last stand on every one.

Reddit informs me that 6* Titan is probably only a couple weeks away. Insert here we go again dot jpg

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Last Stand? HP magia doesn't do enough. You need 3 HP boons sadly.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Getting your first black armored Echoes to put on Elarra helps a ton with getting through the elemental drives without having to heal or last stand on every one.

Reddit informs me that 6* Titan is probably only a couple weeks away. Insert here we go again dot jpg

It does, but that's the thing. Everyone except Elarra is dying in that scenario. I need to drop a heal after the first one so that the second one doesn't kill all my DPSers before Cloud can bust out his arcane. Or like, Regenga needs to tick between the attacks.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Jeez, D350 Etem is tanky. I tried going all fancy with a XII ice team (Fran Chain, Reks with SSS, Vaan with all the breaks, and Penelo/Larsa as healers), but I just wasn't doing enough damage, especially when I had to keep Dispelling with Reks. Not even a wind team with three off-realmers (Faris CSB, Cloud AASB/USB1/AOSB, Tyro Godwall) could beat Etem down before Doom killed me.

I eventually went with a really generic XII team and a ringer, which won in just under 40s:
    Vaan - Flash Disaster/Storm Assault, BSB/USB1
    Balthier - Flame Offering/Burning Snipe, USB1/USB2
    Ashe - Voltech/Chain Thundaja, Glint/AOSB
    Tyro - Multi Break/Enfeebling Jitterbug, Godwall
    Larsa - Dispel/Curada, USB1

Despite Ashe being hopped up on level 3 en-lightning and BK's +1, she STILL couldn't cap Chain Thundaja or her AOSB against the boss. I don't think I capped a single attack that entire fight except for a lone crit from Vaan.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Got Infernal Etem to an invisble pixel, had the KO shot charging, and he eats the last 2 seconds off my doom counter with Dream Darkga, wiping me before I have a chance to reset or anything.

FUCK.

Either the people who designed this boss are monstrous sadists who delight in the suffering of their playerbase, or I'm a pathetic failure who can't even beat the simplest, easiest bosses. Or maybe both! But I am a pool of miserable self loathing at this boss. 50 seconds and I couldn't beat this, so not sure how I'll ever beat P3 Zodiark, like, ever, even if lucky draws give me all the ff12 awakening and synchros, since I'm apparently just a stupid human being incapable of difficult tasks.

• Options
    wow easy there Silence. I dont recall doing something really extreme to get thru that fight but as long as you keep your dispels up and use breaks he isn't that tanky.

• Options
    Remember that you can bring in two ringers and not be significantly penalized. I didn't find that Etem was putting out a lot of damage, it uses a lot of turns putting short duration buffs on itself. You could either bring in some ice DPS to hang out with Fran, or a chain that matches whatever XII DPS you have.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Hell, I ignored ice completely and went with chainless wind/fire/lightning and killed Etem in 40s, whereas a wind team with three off-realmers got to 0 on the doom count and died with 15% boss HP left. The real mistake I made was putting both Penelo and Larsa in - you're better off with three solid DPSers and a support, instead of a team with two healers.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Got Infernal Etem to an invisble pixel, had the KO shot charging, and he eats the last 2 seconds off my doom counter with Dream Darkga, wiping me before I have a chance to reset or anything.

FUCK.

Either the people who designed this boss are monstrous sadists who delight in the suffering of their playerbase, or I'm a pathetic failure who can't even beat the simplest, easiest bosses. Or maybe both! But I am a pool of miserable self loathing at this boss. 50 seconds and I couldn't beat this, so not sure how I'll ever beat P3 Zodiark, like, ever, even if lucky draws give me all the ff12 awakening and synchros, since I'm apparently just a stupid human being incapable of difficult tasks.

Dude.

I know how you feel. How many months did it take me to go finally thump Nightmare CPU? You'll get there, just take a deep breath and relax. Take some time and vent, and come back to it with a clear head. Research winning strats, hone stuff up, level up weapons and armor and go grind something else for a while until you feel like taking a crack at it again. If worst comes to worst and you just want the fucker dead, mythril/gem spam it and get stronger and stronger until you finally kill the damned thing.

You'll get it. Might not be tonight, or tomorrow, but you'll get it.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Hell, I ignored ice completely and went with chainless wind/fire/lightning and killed Etem in 40s, whereas a wind team with three off-realmers got to 0 on the doom count and died with 15% boss HP left. The real mistake I made was putting both Penelo and Larsa in - you're better off with three solid DPSers and a support, instead of a team with two healers.

Man that's a thing that I noticed about my kill...I had no Doom counter on me. Is that skipabble maybe?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

FUCK.

Dude.

I know how you feel. How many months did it take me to go finally thump Nightmare CPU? You'll get there, just take a deep breath and relax. Take some time and vent, and come back to it with a clear head. Research winning strats, hone stuff up, level up weapons and armor and go grind something else for a while until you feel like taking a crack at it again. If worst comes to worst and you just want the fucker dead, mythril/gem spam it and get stronger and stronger until you finally kill the damned thing.

You'll get it. Might not be tonight, or tomorrow, but you'll get it.

Thanks.

Wasting stamina always makes me think I'm a trashfire human.

Went back, and carefully extracted the boss's spine out of his stupid face, with the AI open and every single turn planned. Blargh. Not supposed to be this stressful.

• Options
    One or two points of stamina is not something to get stressed over, IMO.

• Options
    One or two points of stamina is not something to get stressed over, IMO.

Stressing over not being able to beat things I "should."

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Man that's a thing that I noticed about my kill...I had no Doom counter on me. Is that skipabble maybe?

Nah, it's one of his first attacks. My XII DPS is apparently pretty solid because Vayne was using Necro Countdown and did fine >_>

• Options
    The people who designed it aren’t sadists and you don’t suck the people who designed it are trying to get you to empty their wallet at them. So they want you to feel bad so you spend more.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀