As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Squad sub leaders!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZGmDZ-iGc

WELP.

So. Hey there old friend. Are you still bullshit?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

WELP.

Probably. At least in GU I can use Aerial Style to actually hit the bastard. Dunno what MHW offers y'all.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

WELP.

Probably. At least in GU I can use Aerial Style to actually hit the bastard. Dunno what MHW offers y'all.

Claw, then DUNK

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I. . . Should play World again.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    They released a roadmap for the next few months
    March 23 (console)/April 9 (PC): Raging Brachydios and Furious Rajang, along with the first wave of layered weapons, the "Banishing Ball", which is for the Guiding Lands, apparently, and master rank Hunter Helper, which gives master rank hunters special items for helping with low and high rank hunts

April 10-May 7: Master Rank Kulve Taroth (ugh), and Arch Tempered Namielle, along with the second wave of layered weapons.

Sometime in May: Alatreon

June+: "More updates"

I just got my Safi' weapons where I want them; a little torqued that they're bringing Kulve in so quickly.

I live in perpetual fear of Master Rank AT Rajang.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Rajang isn't an elder so probably not going to happen, thank fuck

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Rajang isn't an elder so probably not going to happen, thank fuck

what if they release and ED Rajang variant?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    They released a roadmap for the next few months
    March 23 (console)/April 9 (PC): Raging Brachydios and Furious Rajang, along with the first wave of layered weapons, the "Banishing Ball", which is for the Guiding Lands, apparently, and master rank Hunter Helper, which gives master rank hunters special items for helping with low and high rank hunts

April 10-May 7: Master Rank Kulve Taroth (ugh), and Arch Tempered Namielle, along with the second wave of layered weapons.

Sometime in May: Alatreon

June+: "More updates"

I just got my Safi' weapons where I want them; a little torqued that they're bringing Kulve in so quickly.

I live in perpetual fear of Master Rank AT Rajang.

Kulve...? The armor looks good, but random weapons are dumb. The only redeeming quality of Safi weapons is filling blanks for elements without a unique model. Namielle SnS is ugly :(.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Been doing some save scumming to get the awakened abilities I want without burning through all my dracolites etc, is teostra technique a separate awakened ability from teostra essence?

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Kulve at MR is just going to be a 4 person slay quest, so I'm confused on why people are so upset she's coming back.

It would take a lot for her weapons to dethrone Safi weapons, I suspect.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I wish I had more Master level weapon forging options.

I have Bone-Everything, Ore-Everything and a Barioth Charge Blade (which was the upgrade from my Legiana Charge Blade).

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Kulve at MR is just going to be a 4 person slay quest, so I'm confused on why people are so upset she's coming back.

It would take a lot for her weapons to dethrone Safi weapons, I suspect.

It's a slay quest that takes two-four runs to actually win, and then the drops are random.

I never did get the hbg that everyone loved, and I ran that a lot. Everything else in the game gives you some advancement towards the gear you want, Kulve is entirely random and that's very frustrating.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I never got glutton but finally got claw on pc the last AT KT event before iceborne. Never got it or glutton on PS4.

I much prefer the loot pool of Safi to ATKT and I hope safi weapons remains meta.

• Options
    it'd be really funny if all those shitty R6s got upgraded to be meta while all the R8s and R7s were trash

• Options
    furious rajang weapons not bad

same raw, +15% affinity, decent base purple

i could see running these

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Boy that was an exciting run of Safi, we were all set for getting a first run kill, then he chains 3 megabombs in a row and we had no debris on the final one so quadcart.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Okay, I got to the beginning of Iceborne on PC finally. Is there a reason at all to farm Zorah or Xeno'Jiva or is it best just to move on?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Okay, I got to the beginning of Iceborne on PC finally. Is there a reason at all to farm Zorah or Xeno'Jiva or is it best just to move on?

Move on. Anything you need from those you can come back later and roll with top of the line gear

• Options
    edited March 2020
    man raging brachy seems harder than rajang

sets: very good, rajang makes max might viable again, brachy's is nuts
    weapons: overestimated rajang weapons at first glance, thought the raw was higher than it is. still kinda decent. gonna make the hammer, brachy's weapons seem almost as good as a tricked out safi weapon.

Elendil on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    RE- safi weapons
    the meta in general is so gd boring. Stack attack on attack till more attack.
    Im just ignoring and building out stuff i want.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Every time I see "meta" applied to MH one of my palicos coughs up a hairball.

• Options

Its not worth worrying about unless you're doing TA. In which case the meta is bombs bombs bombs and always will be.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Its not worth worrying about unless you're doing TA. In which case the meta is bombs bombs bombs and always will be.

TA?

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

TA?

You're welcome

Time Attack. An unofficial game mode where people compete to finish a hunt as fast as possible.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Charms, mostly. Maybe the odd weapon tree? Since they aren't always available, it's not a bad idea to stock up when they do show. I need some Zorah materials but haven't been able to get into a quest (the SOS I keep searching are habitually No Rewards, but I'm sure I'll eventually get lucky).

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Charms, mostly. Maybe the odd weapon tree? Since they aren't always available, it's not a bad idea to stock up when they do show. I need some Zorah materials but haven't been able to get into a quest (the SOS I keep searching are habitually No Rewards, but I'm sure I'll eventually get lucky).

PSA: Do the Optional missions.

ALL of them.

I spent my quarantine weekend doing them all because I found out I was missing out on Mantles, Mantle upgrades, Botanist upgrades, etc, and I can't find a reliable list of what provides what.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    With the finite amount of times you can flashbang it, I'm not sure how you're supposed to deal with tempered Kushala's wind armor.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    With the finite amount of times you can flashbang it, I'm not sure how you're supposed to deal with tempered Kushala's wind armor.

Wall bang>Flashbang>Shock Trap>KO>Pitfall Trap>Mount>is it dead yet?

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

Wall bang>Flashbang>Shock Trap>KO>Pitfall Trap>Mount>is it dead yet?
    can't trap

the answer to the kushala question is the same as every other iceborne question

"sticky 3"

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If you want something to try against Kushala, try a spread HBG.

One day it kept popping up in the guiding lands, and previous experience was telling me I really didn't want to deal with it. But I figured I'd need to nut up eventually, so I decided to just fucking do it.

The punk spent most of its time on its back flailing around. I had the impact mantle, but even without it, just regular spread shots to the face were knocking the thing on its ass left and right. It ended up being one of the easiest hunts, and I a bit baffled and embarrassed I was so scared of it in the first place.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »

PSA: Do the Optional missions.

ALL of them.

I spent my quarantine weekend doing them all because I found out I was missing out on Mantles, Mantle upgrades, Botanist upgrades, etc, and I can't find a reliable list of what provides what.
    Yes, because this gets you the Rainbow Pigment :D

Still need lots more stuff tho.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options

One day it kept popping up in the guiding lands, and previous experience was telling me I really didn't want to deal with it. But I figured I'd need to nut up eventually, so I decided to just fucking do it.

The punk spent most of its time on its back flailing around. I had the impact mantle, but even without it, just regular spread shots to the face were knocking the thing on its ass left and right. It ended up being one of the easiest hunts, and I a bit baffled and embarrassed I was so scared of it in the first place.

What's great is that iirc Stygian HBG is a spread gun, and is super easy to get the mats for.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

What's great is that iirc Stygian HBG is a spread gun, and is super easy to get the mats for.

If you're doing/have done Safi, keep watch for Safi's Burstcannon. It's the better version of those now.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Atop his throne, the king watches the Gladiators fight.
    FDDA0BD8EE232756E789F31833FF78EE4207F765

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Well, Raging Brachy isn’t a fun fight at all

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Atop his throne, the king watches the Gladiators fight.
    FDDA0BD8EE232756E789F31833FF78EE4207F765

OOooooooh...... Dramtic "it's banbaro time"

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular

Ragey B slapped me and everyone I knew, had met, and their distant relations too for good measure, around for a good few hours yesterday. And I'm used to happily soloing everything with an lbg.

Blast resist feels mandatory. Though you can also neutralise some of its attacks using water ammo or watermoss on its face, arms and tail when they're red.

You're on your own in that last area though.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Newb Master Hunter reporting in. I got to the Iceborne mission where I fought a Barioth last night. It hit very hard, moved very fast. I had to drop two Stalactites on it and get it into a Turf War to get the W. It felt like I was doing no damage to it at all.

The end picture when it showed me my loot was an awesome screengrab, though, does the game save those? (PC).

The feeling of doing no damage kind of sucked, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Huggles wrote: »

Ragey B slapped me and everyone I knew, had met, and their distant relations too for good measure, around for a good few hours yesterday. And I'm used to happily soloing everything with an lbg.

Blast resist feels mandatory. Though you can also neutralise some of its attacks using water ammo or watermoss on its face, arms and tail when they're red.

You're on your own in that last area though.
    the thing that gets me is how much he moves around

i was having trouble hitting him, despite him being the size of an actual bus

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Iceborne is jarring in terms of enemy HP, at least if you're bouncing straight in from HR. Here's my recommendations to mitigate:
    • Make sure your weapons are up-to-date. This is critically important, whereas the Defender stuff let you sail through the game until now without really paying much attention. Tons of MR versions of HR monsters are available now, so farm them for every useful weapon upgrade you have access to.
    • Carry Demondrug. Keep the buff active at all times. May as well bring armor buffs, too, to reduce healing needs.
    • If the monster isn't resistant, try Poison. Do this with items if your weapon is bad for it. Poison damage tics are higher for MR monsters.
    • Use the Grapple! Wall Bang and part wounding are borderline mandatory. Repeat the tutorial until you're confident you can do these things.
    • Only target weak points. The damage difference is much greater in MR than in the lower ranks, where you could get by just hitting anything. Attacks against other parts are wasted unless you're trying for a Break to get parts.
    • Focus your build (armor, decos) for each monster. Make yourself immune to the conditions they impose and boost your offense however you can. Fine-tune this.
    • If you still need more, eat meals that give Attack Up (L). Carry Max Potions and use the EZ Rations to take care of the rest.
    • If your Palico skill is on Vigorwasp, consider changing it. It's useful if it's saving you a lot of heal time, but you really need to maximize offense and just minimize how much you're getting hit instead.
    • Capture every enemy you can. This saves you a lot of time, plus it unlocks the Special Arena optionals where you can quickly grind parts thanks to the traps and lack of fleeing.

Fleur de Alys on