• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The Lions and the Deer are good groups of kids

But the Eagles fuckin rule

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Post Chapter 3 fight, Blue Lions route
    Ashe over here having a mental breakdown and Dimitri is all "Look man, it's fine, sometimes you just have to violently suppress a rebellion by murdering an entire town full of villagers. These things happen, don't worry about it."

Edit: oh, there's Dimitri's nervous breakdown. Guess I should have clicked next before making post

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh man I can't wait until you see how sanely Dimitri reacts to Remire!

• Options
    Mercedes keeps MVPing maps and I laugh every time I see her dopey smiling face pop up on the post battle screen.

*Mercedes voice* The Goddess commands me to kill!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Honestly it's impressive how there's almost no dud characters who aren't worth investing in in this one.

Everyone can kill with the right build choices. Everyone.

Now, some people are trash because of their personality, but...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    My experience watching the Felix/Dedue C support
    Felix, what the fuck...

*a few moments later*

Dedue what the fuck????

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    God damn it, I've forgotten to use Mission Assistance for the first six chapters of Blue Lions. :? That's a whole pile of Support I won't be getting.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    You know, I've been having a lot of fun with this Blue Lions run, but the unavoidable compulsion to go around exploring the monastery and talk to everyone, even after beating the game once and seeing all of this before, is turning into kinda a drag. The problem is that I like these characters too much, and I simply can't bring myself to skip out on anything for fear that I'll miss some tiny piece of incidental dialogue that might change between routes.

So it occurs to me that while I still desperately crave some good ol' fire emblem gameplay (this series has me in its grip like none other atm), maybe I need a break from these characters? Just as a palate cleanser of sorts, some way to scratch the fire emblem itch but without having to worry about backstory or worldbuilding or caring about any of the characters at all. Hmm...
    x4u4r2y.jpg?1

Once again, I descend into this hell

Also lol I can't fucking believe I had to drive to gamestop to buy this stupid game, because god only knows where my copy disappeared too.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Characters say different things on different routes so talking to everyone every month is playing the game right.

Get that precious lore

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Conquest is a good game! In that the gameplay is good. oh and the music. but just those two things.

• Options
    Yeah, I loved playing Conquest's maps nearly as much as I hated thinking about Conquest's story.

Decided, fuck it, jumping right into the deep in with a Lunatic classic run. Made my Corrin Edelgard +Mag/-Lck with the Dragon talent, which I vaguely remember working really well for me the last time I played this game. Skipping all story cutscenes and combat animations to save my sanity, we're playing for the sheer joy of murd....

Er, combat. The sheer joy of combat. Chapter 3 was annoying until I remembered that you can transfer paired units, letting both Edelgard and Jakob use Gunter for the stat boost on the same turn. I am slowly remembering how to play a Fire Emblem game where you can't fuck around with Divine Pulse just to check expected damage.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Just finished Blue Lions 11:
    Dimitri is not well. That was a quick descent into madness.

Compared to Golden Deer: Claude is basically a non-entity in the story huh, compared to the other two lords?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Just finished Blue Lions 11:
    Dimitri is not well. That was a quick descent into madness.

Compared to Golden Deer: Claude is basically a non-entity in the story huh, compared to the other two lords?

yep.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Gonna put this behind a general spoiler just in case:

This game has given rise to so many memes

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So Bluions part 2, started chapter 14:
    Gilbert replaces Dedue? But they had potential supports together, I'm so confused.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Gilbert replaces Dedue? But they had potential supports together, I'm so confused.
    there will be an opportunity to get dedue back

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Naphtali wrote: »
    there will be an opportunity to get dedue back
    if you did his paralogue

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Famitsu character popularity poll results

Bernie ranks first among the girls. Japanese nerds must want a hikikomori they can relate to.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yeah, Bernie being first is a surprise. Otherwise the poll results are about what I’d expect, given past polls!

Poor Ignatz not even ranking in the top 20! Although I’ve listened to his Japanese VA and it’s... really not great, so I imagine that doesn’t help.

• Options
    Ignatz is like

so boring

If he’s unpopular it’s probably because he inspires no strong feelings whatsoever, be it love or hate.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I dunno, it's kinda funny that he ships himself with the goddess

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Ignatz is a simple lad who just wants to paint and fuck god

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    :(

I like Ignatz quite a bit!

He may not rank near the top for me but I wouldn’t rank him lower than The Gatekeeper or Jeralt. Alois is also criminally low in those rankings, which is also a shame; he has great supports and is one of the more wholesome and unproblematic characters in the game.

• Options
    Bernie is probably my favorite character in the game, even if her some of her early supports can be a little same-y.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    The top three male characters also got more votes than the top female character

I think it's representative of the people answering these polls (probably skews female?)

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Popularity polls are always eyebrow-raisers in some respects but the only bit that made be go "Huh!" was how low Dorothea ranked

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Bernadette is very boring and one note, to me. I give her a tie with Ferdinand.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Ferdie is probably my top guy right now, in terms of character?

I've got to get back to this game...

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    My personal top 5 favorite characters would be something like 1) Bernie 2) Hubert 3) Edelgard 4) Ferdinand 5 ) uhhhhhh, probably Dorothea I guess?

So basically Edelgard and her crew of utter morons, with some morons ranking higher than others.

Edit: Wait no, actually I'd probably put Seteth at 5 as the token dad pick, narrowly edging out Alois. Dorothea is still cool though.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Imagine being a playable character and losing to Gatekeeper.

Times are hard.
    O03t26F.jpg

I think Erica Mendez actually made this. I got it from her twitter at least.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Popularity polls are always eyebrow-raisers in some respects but the only bit that made be go "Huh!" was how low Dorothea ranked

Manuela at seventeenth?!

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Manuela and Seteth are great and I'm upset with myself for sleeping on them in my first 3 runs.

• Options
    Edelgard and Dorothea are my top picks, easily.

But I think almost everyone is at least good. The only characters I don't enjoy at all are Ignatz and Cyril.

I hate Rhea, but she's a great character.

Oh yeah, Gilbert. Fuck that guy.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Bernie is probably my favorite character in the game, even if her some of her early supports can be a little same-y.

Bernadetta is so damn relatable in her difficulties with social interaction and anxiety.

Marianne too, in her sense that she's a burden on everyone.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Bernadetta is so damn relatable in her difficulties with social interaction and anxiety.

Marianne too, in her sense that she's a burden on everyone.

The most relatable is Linhardt, because he's tired all the time.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Ignatz stood out to me, but only because I basically know that person in real life. Apologizes for everything, including they're existence, and will never interrupt anyone, no matter how pressing the matter they need to bring up, because they think they're not important to stop another person's conversation.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I can't think of a character I'd actually remove, everyone has a place or a reason

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Man reading the list reminds me of just how shit most of the dudes are

Misanthropes, misogynysts, classists,murderers, thugs, trash bags....

Dedue, Raphael, Alois and Seteth all seem good at least

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I can't speak for the other houses but the non-Hubert Black Eagles guys seem generally ok to me, once you get past the false intial impression Ferdinand gives of being a noble fop. Hubert does come across as a serial killer, but he's got reasonable extenuating circumstances for why he's like that and I think he's fundamentally a good person.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I can't speak for the other houses but the non-Hubert Black Eagles guys seem generally ok to me, once you get past the false intial impression Ferdinand gives of being a noble fop. Hubert does come across as a serial killer, but he's got reasonable extenuating circumstances for why he's like that and I think he's fundamentally a good person.

He is. The best example of it is probably in the non-Crimson Flower routes though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy