As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Yeah I had him as WL my CF playthrough and he was “good enough,” but still only like my 14th best unit out of I think 15 I leveled that run

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Petra however:
    Talents in sword, axe, bow, & flying
    Str- B
    Dex- A
    Speed- SS
    Def- C
    Res- C
    Charm/Luck- who gives a shit, but fine

Those talents mean she’s getting +crit and dodge skills easily and owns either combat phase

she’s also the most empathetic and wise person in the game

I mean she’s nice to Caspar so maybe I should be too, but...

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    caspar's a good boy

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Caspar has an easy path into Warmaster and is one of the characters who benefits most from Quick Riposte

Also let Edelgard be a Warmaster you cowards

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Caspar has an easy path into Warmaster and is one of the characters who benefits most from Quick Riposte

Also let Edelgard be a Warmaster you cowards

I made her a Gremory and then a sword magic girl (forget class name)

She has magic stat! Let me use it!

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Byleth confirmed!

https://youtu.be/2aqVlLlKkcg

Being a Smash fan that doesn't care for Fire Emblem must be frustrating. We should pity them.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The last Three Houses DLC will be here earlier than expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5USF9-BtoY

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    God, Rhea
    Totally built her church atop an Agarthan city, didn't she

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    God, Rhea

Yeah, looks like. Also this could be why...
    certain characters are so insistent that Garregg Mach is safe from the Javelins of Light.

Although, Shambhala being an Argathan base didn't exactly protect it from the Javelins, so maybe not.

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    God, Rhea

Yeah, looks like. Also this could be why...
    certain characters are so insistent that Garregg Mach is safe from the Javelins of Light.

Although, Shambhala being an Argathan base didn't exactly protect it from the Javelins, so maybe not.

The interesting part, to me
    is that this suggests that Sothis entombed herself among the Agarthans

That lends more credence to SilverWind's idea that Sothis's relationship with humanity was much more amicable—or at least more complex—than Rhea lets on

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

So does this seem like it'll be a whole house we can pick from the start?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

So does this seem like it'll be a whole house we can pick from the start?

I really, really doubt they're gonna add another new path, especially with only four new students.

I figure they'll just be quietly added to your House after you've done their introductory quest, and they'll have their own little side-missions. Either through Paralogues, or maybe through exploring the Abyss on your day off, I dunno.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'll wait till it comes out and we have some discussion of it before picking it up

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Yuri is just Leon from SoV.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    So all the leaks and data mining were correct, right down to the character names

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Oh God, Lysethia gets a pegasus.

RIP literally every enemy unit I guess.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    this is a pretty hilarious reaction that mirrored mine:
    mild annoyance but also just laughing my ass off
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBnlf0XORsE

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Yuri is just Leon from SoV.

i mean if you're gonna add another character to the list of recurring, weirdly specific archetypes, "cool purple archer who likes beefy dudes and is just exhausted by these religious teens" is a pretty good one

also fits surprisingly well in 3H without even having to change the last bit

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Oh I didn't know there was a fire emblem thread.

I got Three Houses for my birthday so have been playing it here and there over the last month. I went with the Black Eagles because they seemed to have the coolest ladies and have just started Chapter 11. It's my first Fire Emblem but it's going fine because I just grind the free battles over and over until everyone was overleveled and can steamroll everything. Gonna have to change up my training regimens though looking at all the requirements for the master classes. So much riding needed, my god.

Brief summation of my progress so far I guess.

Lady Byleth's outfit is ridiculous. Who wears hot pants with lace stockings in this weather.

Bernadetta is very irritating in every single one of her C rank support conversations.

Hubert is blatantly villainous and it's fine because he knows it too and revels in it.

Edelgard is so very obviously
    the Flame Emperor
    Not so blatantly to where they are almost lampshading it, but come on. Come on. Honestly. Every other conversation with her she's talking about her duty to unite everyone and get rid of the noble/crest hierarchy and how after school everyone will have to fight each other and on and on. And really? :+1: I'm here for it, sounds good to me.

Lady Byleth's outfit becomes even more ridiculous with her new class adding a sweet jacket and cape that does not go at all with her freaking hot pants and lace stockings what is going on in your head, girl?

And then I left off with the game telling me a very important decision was happening but it skipped the week so I reloaded my save and am going to finish up everything on the free day before selecting it.

• Options
    Note that you are forced into making that decision as soon as you talk to that character during free time, no backing out of the conversation or picking no and then coming back later.

And yeah, my headcannon is that lady Byleth just literally puts on random pieces of clothing that she thinks are interesting, and Jeralt was too much of a softy to let her know how dumb she looked.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I am feeling very defensive of Byleth today with all the Smash talk

She's good! She's actually got a neat arc and a funny little personality! The story plays with the (mostly) silent protagonist trope in a really clever way!

*falls to knees, rending robes and screaming to the heavens*

BYLETH IS GOOD, FIRE EMBLEM 3 HOUSES IS GOOD, HER OUTFIT ACTUALLY RULES BECAUSE IT IS SO WEIRD

• Options
    edited January 2020
    After that agree I'm officially dissenting on the outfit for F!Byleth, but I'm not a lady and I don't know style or fashion so I got no place arguing about it

But hell yes, Byleth is good

I think a lot of their students are better—I think I made a tier list to this effect—but they're good

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    sometimes i find it's a good idea to just, if the takes get obnoxious enough, just take twitter (or whatever your preferred social media hellsite is) off the ol' phone entirely for a bit. Personally i find it a lot easier to disengage when i don't even have the option (temporarily). Though that might just be a sign of poor self control?

anyways i still have no switch but i feel good about sewer rat house. these, these are my people

edit: they've got the trickster class and everything!

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I think putting the relic weapons on the B directionals is potentially interesting? Otherwise I don't know I'll play Byleth much

Edit: whoops thought this was the Smash thread

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Gonna have to change up my training regimens though looking at all the requirements for the master classes. So much riding needed, my god.

Note that you don't have to put everyone in a Master Class. Like, Bow Knights will always be great for their Range +2 and Canto. But a Sniper has better growths and Hunter's Volley. (I still tended to prefer Bow Knights, but I stayed with Sniper for Ignatz in my third playthrough and he demolished everything in the last few levels.) I'd also keep Swordmaster over Mortal Savant, and Fortress Knight/Paladin over Great Knight.

• Options
    But... fancier armor.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    But... fancier armor.

It's true that a lot of Master classes aren't what you'd call optimal, but on Hard and below the game's easy enough that you can basically do what you like without worrying too much, so don't sweat it. Get your gaudy horse on

...should be noted that Falcon Knight and Wyvern Lord are very optimal, though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I would also say Dark Knight is just flat out better than Warlock, and Holy Knight is better than Bishop. GK vs Fortress Knight and/or Paladin is a bit more nebulous. I'd also say Hero is just as good as Swordmaster but maybe I'm a lunatic.

• Options
    I think there's arguments to be made for Warlock and Bishop in specific circumstances—but for the vast majority of characters where the distinction matters, it'd probably be best just to make them a Gremory

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Eh Gremory doesn't give Lysithea +5 damage. You know, it's important to hit things for 73 instead of 68.

• Options
    Assassin is the best infantry class and I don't think it's close

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I actually can't think of the character where I would want to use Holy Knight. Gremory feels strictly superior because doubling the use of rare spells is just so amazing. Warp, Fortify, or just more Physic spam is all super good. Maybe Marianne would make sense? She is the only one that doesn't have multiple spells I wish I had more uses of after doubling.

Warlock I would have to think about compared to Dark Knight for a while. I still prefer Gremory since strong spell spam makes up for +5 damage. Hubert is a maybe. I did Crimson Flower on Hard so I struggle to judge if +5 damage would help him. Lysithea was one shoting everything but bosses and one annoying class that would have 1 HP left unless her crest triggered. I had some mixed success with Dark Knight with Sylvain, but that requires a good bit of luck to make work.

Then again I haven't played enough to call my opinions final. Just what I have noticed. For example, I don't think I will ever again go with Wyvern Lord or Falcon Knight. On paper it should be awesome, but every time I commit to a melee flier they become a huge albatross in the final stretch of maps. RNG just screws the stat growth of any melee character who dares to touch the sky.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    I actually can't think of the character where I would want to use Holy Knight. Gremory feels strictly superior because doubling the use of rare spells is just so amazing. Warp, Fortify, or just more Physic spam is all super good. Maybe Marianne would make sense? She is the only one that doesn't have multiple spells I wish I had more uses of after doubling.

Anna did actually very well in Holy Knight for me. But I only put her there because she's got a weakness in Reason, so I thought Gremory would be kind of out of her reach.

The Dark and Holy Knights are more for units that are OK at both strength and magic, like Lorenz.

For pure mages you probably still want Gremory, I guess.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ingrid and Ashe make fun HKs on NG+ runs where you’re fucking around and can spend renown to put lance and bow skills on them

NG+ BL fun:
    Dimitri - Pally/murder hobo or whatever his emo class is and then back to Pally to finish
    Dedue - /sigh it’s Dedue
    Felix - WL
    Syl - DK, he makes a fine dodge tank when equipping magic
    Ingrid - HK, supports Syl for RP
    Annette - WL with bolt axe/crusher
    Mercie - DK (it runs in the fam)
    Ashe - HK for RP, but like with Death Blow, bow range/crit/faire

Like most of the above is terrible but fun to do

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Warning: Dumb stuff inside. Also spoilers for: Seteth backstory and..... a super old reddit meme?
    091a3a72a08603c4d8e01727eb284509a1ecf28f.jpg

From the demented mind of roylitchi

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Oh I forgot one other observation.

Flayn
    Constantly talks around her age, looks exactly like one of the saint statues, and knows detailed information about her that contradicts the legends.

She's clearly Cethleann

Almost at the end of the month now. I'm curious where Hubert has gone off to, he's skipped three weeks of classes.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Gee I wonder what it means if a character has green hair

I mean other than Ignatz falling in love with you

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Well that escalated quickly.

Rather on the nose that this dude's name is Me Toady.

And then that escalated even more quickly. That was a choice I made just to see what would happen and then it instantly justified itself.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    The fastest escalation is the end of SS
    Like the very end when things seem good but then NOPE mid-sentence Rhea bugs out and now you have to murder everyone who took the crest oath /shrug sorry about that, now worship me

Captain Inertia on