As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    *heist music intensifies*

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I hope it's not too out of place in the thread, but I feel like histories greatest monster right now. Our fluffy cat Maxine has been getting some poop stuck in her fur, so I took her to the groomer today to get a trim and wash. She's never been to a groomer before and haates being in a crate or leaving the house at all. So just the most MOURNFUL crying. She'll be fine, the place is good and the dude who runs it is nice but just ugh my HEART.

2a7xxzr985ia.jpg

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    We got new kitties in today and folks: It's floof season.

This is Taz. He has an ear infection and looks a little manky right now but is absolutely the sweetest boy and makes the tiniest little meows:

OPRekdh.jpg

And this majestic creature is Nellie:
    bCNgIk1.jpg
    xs7adAB.jpg

I don't have better pictures because she very much does not like me yet, but she is one of the prettiest cats I have ever seen and is, like, 95% fur by volume. This poor lady's owner died and she ended up in the Humane Society so I will find her a good home or die trying.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

aw man I love english bullies so much

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I hope it's not too out of place in the thread, but I feel like histories greatest monster right now. Our fluffy cat Maxine has been getting some poop stuck in her fur, so I took her to the groomer today to get a trim and wash. She's never been to a groomer before and haates being in a crate or leaving the house at all. So just the most MOURNFUL crying. She'll be fine, the place is good and the dude who runs it is nice but just ugh my HEART.

2a7xxzr985ia.jpg

Update, she's an asshole. She does not meow, or yowl, but fuckin CRIES the whole way there. CRIES as I'm passing the crate to the groomer, CRIES when I pick her up. Groomer lets me know she was ok, but did get upset enough to poop while he groomed her. CRIES on the drive home. CRIES from the car to the door. Moment I let her out in the house... "oh hey I'm fine." 10 minutes later, "oh hey the crate! I can hide in here for hunting!"

You little drama llama shit. With a less fluffy butt now.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    poor baby!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    フラミンゴに求愛されるカオス過ぎる生き物カフェ 14:13
    https://youtu.be/dOALQ6EAnCE

Animal cruelty concerns aside, I have no idea how they manage to make this place work while keeping it pristine

Peas on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56125292
    Alps hiker survives seven icy nights after fall in Italy

A man who went hiking with his dog in the Italian Alps has survived seven nights in the open, stranded after falling and breaking his ankle.

Rescuers in a helicopter spotted the man lying near a stream on Thursday in mountains north of Udine, north-eastern Italy. He was covered in leaves, but they had seen his foil blanket nearby.

The man, 33, was hungry and thirsty but said his dog "helped me to survive".

His mixed-breed dog Ash stayed with him and kept him company, which helped him survive, he says.

l5unprr7zath.jpg

Survival snugglehug! A pity there were no better pictures of the dog though

Peas on
  • Options

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    do not feed raccoons

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    do not? feed raccoons!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    no seriously, don't

they become accustomed to humans and get aggressive

• Options

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    If I had to choose one image to represent "contentment" it would probably be that dog and cow.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I'm sorry to bring the mood down for a moment. My cat Magnus died unexpectedly this morning. He was young (3 years old) and healthy. He was acting completely normal all day yesterday, eating, drinking, playing, snuggling. Didn't get into anything dangerous. Just went to sleep and didn't wake up. My heart hurts so bad right now but this thread always helps bring a smile to my face. So thank you all, this is really something to lean on in times of trouble. Pictures of Little Magnus Bane (in Taskmaster Greg Davies voice, natch) in the spoiler.
    rcixb0iu2mt7.jpg
    p2fauzufuvrx.jpg
    rzh5fbzkqr2y.jpg
    advqb8g12o9n.jpg
    i5wc659sfr96.jpg
    aqt6iqdgku52.jpg

If you've got a pet at home give them an extra snug for me, and for Magnus.

• Options
    Need fur speed: Pibble Drift

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I actually got a pic for once, normally they all flee in the morning once I start making the bed, but here is my bedtime cat formation! ( the black one, johnny, must lay on my outstretched hand, the brown one Elsa, lays in my armpit, and the white one, Samurai, nestle in my lap)

When I go near the bedroom at night they fly to those spots and wait and stare at me like, "Wtf get in bed already"

s6iqmy2t4gvo.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Cat sitting for a friend this week. First afternoon she spent sleeping in bed, the night was followed by looking out the window for her owner. Today she has been sleeping for going on 14 hours in the same armchair.
    asj510x14jtt.jpg
    k8uokpyvff11.jpg

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Nellie, she is round:

NiHSEfH.jpg

This is a trap and I fell for it:

GLpqNpY.jpg

KitKat got spayed today and is just high as hell:

nOuY1ot.jpg

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I'd fall for that trap

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    I'd fall for that trap

I got in a few seconds rubbing while she was too shocked that anyone would dare touch her tum to bite me.

And brother: it was sweet.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Last night, I took a risk and moved all the black kittens in with Runty - side note is that we haven't been able to fully integrate any of them in with the adults because Cassandra has behavior issues. She always has had those issues, even when there weren't a bunch of kittens making her feel insecure, but now I'm finally making enough that getting her anti anxiety meds feels like it's within reach, so we're going to help her with that. In the meantime, any time we bring the kittens out of their rooms, Cassie follows them and hisses at them, she can't stop obsessing.

We had to move the kittens because we're getting our main bathroom renovated and we'll have to start using the second bathroom for showers. Zach wasn't exactly keen on the idea of integrating the two kitten groups on the fly like that since they've never been able to directly interact before, but we had kind of short notice about the renovators being able to come in today and it was the only solution available. Thankfully, as I'd hoped, there was no hissing to be seen, Cora just wanted to hide which is normal for her. Vetra has been hiding most of the time, but she did go explore in the room a little bit. Liam as usual was the most bold, he's explored the entire room and made some hesitant attempts to play with Runty. Runty is equally as hesitant but seems very happy to have/curious about having companions in her room.

Our current setup:

zwnrk07a78fm.jpg

Dunno if you can see her, but Runty is way in the back of the room (laying on a garment we brought from the kittens bathroom, in fact). Liam is the one black kitten out of a cave, looking to the back of the room. Vetra has he head poking out of a kitten cave to the left. Cora is hiding in the central cave, refusing to show herself at the moment. There are four litter boxes here, two water bowls, two dry food feeders, and everyone has their own wet food plate.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Sound on:

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Feeling various shades of anxiety about my group of kittens. Initially it started out with: Runty is curious and happy to have roommates! Liam is curious too, Vetra is frightened and insecure, and Cora hiding until it's all over. But every time I go in there, Vetra and Liam feel secure to go wherever I go, so even if I go in there explicitly to pet Runty, Liam and Vetra trail behind me (Cora still wants nothing to do with any of this shit) This in turn has made Runty feel insecure, like her little corner is getting invaded and she can't stop it. I've tried to keep the others back but it isn't easy. Runty won't let me hold her right now, but I did at least get to pet her a bit. She's feeling very hissy and nervous. She gets along best with Liam, she has not hissed at him. I suppose Vetra is different because she's insecure herself, and her fear makes Runty wonder if she should be afraid, too. Sigh. At least when the bathroom is done we can re-separate them if necessary and no harm done. Maybe the experience of something new will help the black kittens get adopted.

Edit: Ok, everyone has calmed down now, and Runty and Liam still get along great. I'm sad that it's going to be hard for me to go in and cuddle Runty while Vetra is around, though.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    We moved the black kittens back to their own bathroom. Which means they'll get to see what a shower is like later tonight.

• Options

Extremely strong dog-naming by the neo-Assyrians here.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Imagine standing in an Assyrian park in 800 BC in the middle of the night and yelling "Here, British Museum! Here boy!".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, "Expeller of Evil", Neo-Assyrian dog fart joke?

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Did "Loud Bark" get to pick their own name?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    I'm still cat sitting. She is getting more used to being at my flat. Last night she didn't fuss around at all instead she just slept in the bed. So cosy. Didn't stop her from spending all day, while I was working (home office), chilling in the couch.
    obz649psu6qs.jpg
    ci05vfon4nrg.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Richard wrote: »
    I'm still cat sitting. She is getting more used to being at my flat. Last night she didn't fuss around at all instead she just slept in the bed. So cosy. Didn't stop her from spending all day, while I was working (home office), chilling in the couch.
    obz649psu6qs.jpg
    ci05vfon4nrg.jpg

It's a rough life, being a cat.
    6 hours of sleep each night is only barely enough to get you through the 14 hours of snoozing during the day.

• Options
    FTawAf6.jpg

Leaf is not letting his cone of shame prevent him from exploring and trying new things, which I think is just swell.

I94GUdk.jpg

This handsome boy, Atlas, is a Snowshoe Cat. I'd never heard of them but apparently they're a siamese crossbreed. They're also apparently very fancy because the second we put him up on the website someone from Florida tried to adopt him. Stop trying to steal our cats, Florida!

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    It's not one but two stoatally adorable little kits
    https://youtu.be/2HFSaxIsJCE

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    It's not one but two stoatally adorable little kits

DDDDDDAAAAWWWW!

*dies from cuteness OD*

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.