As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Sound Required:

Work smarter not harder:

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

the new dead by daylight update looks great

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sound on

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh it's just Tube and a couple of wieners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzF0oC6FCdM

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    oh it's just Tube and a couple of wieners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzF0oC6FCdM

so regular tube weekend

• Options
    Swimmy Boi:

Its like herding cat:

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The skulkiest dog.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The skulkiest dog.
    ITS TOUGH WORKING FROM HOME!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Sound Required:

ah my new favorite thing

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Sound on

I googled this expecting to find other videos and whatnot but apparently it's something of a debate as to whether or not people should be doing this. I only gave it a quick glance so I actually don't understand what the big deal is.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Swimmy Boi:

wanna meet this crab

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    A lot of crabs can raise and lower the ballast in their bodies by absorbing or releasing seawater so they can sink or float. It's pretty fuckin' cool.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I googled this expecting to find other videos and whatnot but apparently it's something of a debate as to whether or not people should be doing this. I only gave it a quick glance so I actually don't understand what the big deal is.

There's a couple of things going on here but probably the biggest issue is that if bees find a good food source they'll return to the hive and recruit other bees, expecting it to be maintained for a while. (Also you have to be careful with sugar concentration levels, more than 20-25% isn't great for a bunch of reasons). So unless you want a bunch of bees hanging around for a while, don't feed them, otherwise you're just messing with their heads. Secondly, bees have a natural life cycle and will burn themselves out while foraging, that's just what happens (the september carpet of dead bumble bees in northen germany was really weird to me the first time I saw it). So a tired bee might just be a dying bee, and the colony isn't gonna be helped by putting the bee on life support. In some ways it's best to think of individual social insects as sub-elements of a larger system rather than autonomous beings, eg. you're not necessarily helping a person by bandaging up a hang nail instead of just cutting it off.

Some people set up bee feeders as a kind of permanent station in their gardens, but you also risk attracting wasps and other insects. And if the sugar concentrations are too high, bees will go to feeders instead of flowers and therefore their pollination benefits will be lost. Plus there are compounds in plant nectar which don't exist in plain old sugar water, which might contribute to colony health levels (I'm not as worried about this personally because bees will never restrict their foraging to just one source, and it's never been something that my colleagues who research bees have expressly worried about, although those hives all have dedicated bee keepers so they can intervene if things get out of balance).

tynic on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    A lot of crabs can raise and lower the ballast in their bodies by absorbing or releasing seawater so they can sink or float. It's pretty fuckin' cool.

big deal, i can do the same thing

• Options
    yeah who doesn't have a swim bladder right

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I thought I was meant to keep the extra water in my lungs, is that not right?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    no no, you make sure your bladder is full before you get in, then just let it go when you need to, you know...go up or down or something

then drink some seawater, wait a while, rinse and repeat. like they say, 'water water everywhere, a lot of drops will sink'

• Options

Sound on:

Do a barrel roll!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Friend, you have got to calm the fuck down.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Friend, you have got to calm the fuck down.

It's a Kookaburra, they do that all the time. In groups. It actually sounds like they're laughing, it's quite nice - we've got a couple of families of them in the park across the road.

• Options
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

My mum used to sing this to me when I was very small

Not sure why, we're not Australian, but it's a very early memory

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Yeah I learned the song too, I think it was from Barney. Because they didnt picture one I imagined it as being a primate of some sort instead of a bird. That version didnt have the counting monkey verse in it tho.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    are there monkeys in australia other than us?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Koalas. Don't @ me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Koalas. Don't @ me.

Monkey, no. They are cuddly chlamydia dispensaries.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Nope

I do not understand the physics behind this but I want to:

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    big head + poor understanding of centre of gravity

broken image link
  • Options
    I have both those things ...

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That explains your ravine trip then

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Sound on for purrs:

Whats this? Whats this!?

Bedlam on
  • Options
    My friend's mother had a heart attack so they packed up their whole household and are driving 3/4 of the way across the country to go help out

Turns out you can get a cat to not hate long car rides quite as much if he can get to cuddle with his big sister poodle all the way (he still mostly hates it though)

119liiatw6bf.jpg

• Options
    Wonder if his name is "Dale":

yGZ4vZa.jpg

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
This discussion has been closed.