Options

[Zodiac Phalla] Monday the 8th: The Taste of Victory [Larg Victory!]

• Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait...I'm supporting B:L now? Whaaa???

Did you READ my last, oh, five posts or so?

Lignisse on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    But before any Larg specials could contact me, the Larg Knight was forced to act. He knew that I was the Goltana knight, and saw the void I left in the Goltana network. He then came forward as the Goltana Knight. There is NO reason for the real Goltana knight to step forward as such.

Are you saying the Larg Knight did so in private? Because I'm skeptical of this.
    That is why I had told Infidel to not tell the Oracle's name to any who came forward, before he agreed to my proposal. But that was meaningless, because Shamus and Infidel were working together. Shamus confessed to such, and Infidel did not deny it. I then realized that the Goltana network was in danger, and that it has been infiltrated by Largs at best, Zodiacs at worst.

During this whole time, it is obvious who has been attempting to bandwagon me, Largs and Lucavi alike, and that will be their downfall. That will be the final evidence against them when I perish and the truth comes out that I am the real Goltana Knight. I am already dead, after surviving their murderous attempt on my life on Day 3.

To be fair, if you are proven a Goltana Knight when you die, this isn't harmful to our case. You are an enemy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm...I still have no messages from the Oracle.

If I have still not gained your trust, let me detail my plans in full, and you can judge for yourself who is lying or not.

On Day 1, Ardor tried to "invite" me. Being curious, I offered him a game. I flip a coin, and he calls heads or tails. If he called it right, I would reveal to him my allegiance.

He got it right, and I told him that I would offer him my protection, as a non-Zodiac follower of Goltana. He didn't respond.

At this point, I suspected him of being a Larg, but I am held by my honor, and I protected him that day. I also figured that if he was attacked, I could have used this to my advantage to infiltrate the Larg network later, with him backing me up.

He was attacked that night, I defended him that night, and the gears were set in motion. The buds of my plan was planted.

On Day 2, I decided to protect myself, because the game of cat and mouse with life and Zerinan was too dangerous for my taste. I trusted my gut instinct that Life was not Goltana, because those who follow Goltana are not dumb. And I was right. Now Larg is without an Oracle, and my plan has grown into a healthy sprout. No one could prove that I wasn't a Larg, except for our Goltana Oracle and the Larg Knight himself.

On Day 3, I protected myself once more. Infidel had an aura about him...something evil and definately not trustworthy. He had been untouched for all these nights as a mouthpiece, what would being left alone mean for this night? Not surprisingly, Infidel was not attacked.

I examined the situation, and felt this was the right time to make my move. I argued vehemently, and over-exaggeratingly, against the known Goltana mouthpiece to court favor with the Largs. At this moment, though, I noticed Infidel making his move to eliminate me once and for all. I figured out the plan; place me in 2nd place so that I would die by votes when Plutonium is assassinated.

Knowing what I must do to protect myself, and to continue my plan, I protected Plutonium. He was going to die by votes, not by a hidden blade which would have killed me by proxy. Who else would have protected Plutonium in that circumstance? No one...but me.

On Day 4, the plan was to be sprung. Since the only person who would protect Plutonium would be me, I figured that I had been outed as a Knight. The question though is, which side am I on? In the confusion following the death of the Oracle and right before the Day 3 executions, I had read that the Knight had identified himself to FWD. After that post, I immediately sent him a message claiming to be the real Larg Knight, and that the other is an imposter. I wanted to sow as much confusion as I could within the Larg camp.

I offered myself as a Larg mouthpiece, with the offer I gave to Infidel. The Largs would be desperate for a mouthpiece at this time, and I was in the prime position to take this place. I was hoping some Larg specials would be distrustful of the real Larg Knight enough to contact me. Unfortunately, Ardor was killed the night before. He would have been very useful in vouching for me as a Knight.

But before any Larg specials could contact me, the Larg Knight was forced to act. He knew that I was the Goltana knight, and saw the void I left in the Goltana network. He then came forward as the Goltana Knight. There is NO reason for the real Goltana knight to step forward as such.

That is why I had told Infidel to not tell the Oracle's name to any who came forward, before he agreed to my proposal. But that was meaningless, because Shamus and Infidel were working together. Shamus confessed to such, and Infidel did not deny it. I then realized that the Goltana network was in danger, and that it has been infiltrated by Largs at best, Zodiacs at worst.

During this whole time, it is obvious who has been attempting to bandwagon me, Largs and Lucavi alike, and that will be their downfall. That will be the final evidence against them when I perish and the truth comes out that I am the real Goltana Knight. I am already dead, after surviving their murderous attempt on my life on Day 3.

Oracle, listen to me, please. They already know who you are.

It is your choice. I can protect you for one more night. One more night to find the remaining Lucavi.

That is all I can do for you now. Trust in faith.

At this point nobody can trust you, because you switch from lie to lie constantly. Also there was your insane defense of plutonium yesterday. I can't see how you don't need to die. If infidel was a stoner and you were the goltana knight then the goltana seer would have died last night. Since the goltana oracle is still alive you are full of shit. You are also not the larg knight because cj iwakura claims to be in contact with the real larg knight, the only thing you can be is a stoner.

!vote B:L

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Just to clarify...I have at no point supported B:L. I helped push her to second place with my vote yesterday, believing her to be either a stoner or Larg, while I'm Goltana. I helped get the bandwagon on B:L started today, because believed her to be the Larg knight. My vote is currently on B:L, just like yesterday.

I don't understand Bliss 101's post at all.

Edited to clarify that I started bandwagoning B:L today because I believed her to be Larg knight, but cj iwakura's claim to be in contact with the Larg knight throws me for a loop. She may just be a Larg stoner. I'm not currently sure.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L is claiming he's the knight and that he should die?

the hell? That's retarded, it's almost like B:L is making two gambits and hope some people fall for one, and other people fall for the other:

1. by claiming to be the knight, people won't want to kill b:l
    2. by wanting to die, people will think b:l isn't a zodiac and won't kill b:l

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    cj iwakura, B:L is claiming that Shamus is the true Larg Knight. You claim to be in contact with the real Larg knight. I understand that you should be reluctant to divulge the identity of the Larg knight, but can you express an opinion on B:L's claim that it's Shamus?

Lignisse on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shamus is not the Larg Knight, that much is certain.

He's Goltanan, and on top of that, I believe he's Lucavi.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have no idea how killing yourself if you are a knight is good for your side. Maybe B:L is thinking her death will bring her side together? I don't know, my head hurts now. I'm having a hard time trusting you B:L. Exactly how many different people have claimed to be the Goltana Knight?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Based on all of the above, it would seem that either B:L or Shamus must be a stoner. Probably not both, as it would be a bit weird for 2 of the remaining 3 lucavi to suddenly pretend to be knights, with both real knights alive and possibly connected to networks.

I lean strongly towards B:L being the fake one, because of the wacky tale he's spinning.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Only two, Grundl...B:L and Shamus.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also, Lignisse, amidst all the confusion I think I misread your post. I got the impression that you still believe he's a real knight. If that's not the case, I apologize for my hasty conclusions. Nevertheless, I haven't seen you engage in much else than confusion-mongering in this game, and wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be one of the stoners after all.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lignisse wrote: »

So they have both claimed to be the knight of each faction? Because from B:L's story it seemed like someone claimed to be Larg, then he claimed to be Larg... then when Shamus claimed to be Goltana he claimed to be Goltana... right? This all seems kinda silly ;p

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have no idea how killing yourself if you are a knight is good for your side. Maybe B:L is thinking her death will bring her side together? I don't know, my head hurts now. I'm having a hard time trusting you B:L. Exactly how many different people have claimed to be the Goltana Knight?
    I was going to die regardless.

Dying in this manner will reveal the truth about Shamus, Infidel, and the other Larg and Lucavi. They have tried a little too hard to kill me, and they'll succeed. But not without casualties.

Tonight, Goltana will stand together as one against these traitors.

If Shamus is not the Larg Knight, then he is a Lucavi, and working together with Infidel, they have compromised the Goltana network.

I know it is a long stretch, Oracle, but I am telling the truth. I have laid out my plan, and only your trust can save you this night.

Edit: I claimed to be the Larg Knight in public, after the Larg Knight had contacted FWD in private. Shamus claimed to be the Goltana knight in public, with no real reason to except to disprove me as the Larg Knight. I then realized how close to the network that Shamus was, and I revealed the truth that I am in fact the Goltana Knight, and that the Oracle is in danger because of his trusting of Infidel and Shamus.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

cause it's what B:L wants.

Serpent on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L says he was forced to reveal himself as the Larg Knight, having saved his skin supposedly and thus exposing his plot. I don't buy that since it did not reveal him necessarily. Then later he claims it was a ploy to trap Larg, and Shamus forced him to claim his true allegiance to Goltana.

He writes a pretty large post, which is reckless and full of falsehoods for anyone watching, so I don't know what he intends to gain here.

Here's one if you missed it: "Shamus and Infidel were working together. Shamus confessed to such, and Infidel did not deny it."

I'm guessing everyone else didn't miss my post that I "don't know who he is working with, if anyone" at this point.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    A quick recap of B:L's actions today, for the tl;dr folks:

B:L - "Aha, I'm the Larg Knight! The Oracle should contact me even though I have no proof!"

B:L - "Gotcha, I'm the Goltana Knight! The Oracle should contact me even though I still have no proof!"

B:L - "Why does no one believe me?! You must all be Largs and Zodiacs!"

B:L - "Oracle? Why aren't you contacting me?"

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also, schizophrenic chocobo.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Serpent wrote: »

cause it's what B:L wants.
    Thank you.

It's strange how some people are still uncertain whether or not I am a stoner or the Goltana Knight.

Who else would have protected Plutonium? Only I would benefit from it, because I would be beheaded as the 2nd place candidate if he died by an assassin's blade. Therefore, I am a Knight, either Larg or Goltana.

I have been dismissed by cj as NOT being the Larg Knight. Shamus has been dismissed by cj as NOT being the Larg Knight.

There is no concrete reason for Shamus to have outted himself as a "Knight".

I shall die as a Goltana Knight. At the very latest, tomorrow, Shamus and Infidel, along with the early bandwagon, shall die as traitors.

• Options
    edited May 2007

So they have both claimed to be the knight of each faction? Because from B:L's story it seemed like someone claimed to be Larg, then he claimed to be Larg... then when Shamus claimed to be Goltana he claimed to be Goltana... right? This all seems kinda silly ;p

It is silly, everything B:L says is a lie. There is really no point in listening to him.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Dying in this manner will reveal the truth about Shamus, Infidel, and the other Larg and Lucavi. They have tried a little too hard to kill me, and they'll succeed. But not without casualties.

Not only were you part of an attempt to remove me by vote, you're clearly established yourself as a Larg out to get me. If you are truly Goltana, then you are horribly reckless and should blame yourself. You were conveniently the runner up after me for the vote, and also voting against me. We were spared by a knight, and it is not you.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't think Infidel, or B:L are stoners.

I think B:L is desperate, and somewhat insane. But I actually think there is some truth to his claims.

Think about it.

Who would benefit from gaurding Plutonium last night? Remember the order of actions is:

Active Item Usage
    Holy Stones
    Ninja
    Vote

Since B:L had been bumped into the 2nd place for the vote, had he NOT defended plutonium and plutonium and been hit by an item, lucavi or ninja kill then the vote kill would have trickled down to B:L and killed him. Obviously the knights block can not prevent the vote kill, this much should be apparent at this point.

Does anyone else have a strong motive to have used the knights blocking skill on plutonium last night? No. Either B:L is a knight and used the skill, or knows a knight to use the skill to indirectly protect himself.

However, I don't believe this makes Infidel suspect either however. Infidel was in second place for voting earlier last night. He probably, not knowing B:L could possibly be a knight on his side, used what networks he had gathered to him to bump B:L into second place, on the offchance once again Plutonium was assassinated at the vote kill trickle down.

Both were moves of self-preservation.

So, we can logically conclude that:

B:L is either a knight, or has a knight watching out for him.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

It is silly, everything B:L says is a lie. There is really no point in listening to him.
    Everything I've been saying after I said "No more lies...", now, is truth.

But no matter. Heads will roll tomorrow once the truth is revealed. There is nothing the Larg and Lucavi can do to stop it.

I can only hope the Oracle trusts me enough to allow me to protect him for one more night.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    B:L says he was forced to reveal himself as the Larg Knight, having saved his skin supposedly and thus exposing his plot. I don't buy that since it did not reveal him necessarily. Then later he claims it was a ploy to trap Larg, and Shamus forced him to claim his true allegiance to Goltana.

He writes a pretty large post, which is reckless and full of falsehoods for anyone watching, so I don't know what he intends to gain here.

Here's one if you missed it: "Shamus and Infidel were working together. Shamus confessed to such, and Infidel did not deny it."

I'm guessing everyone else didn't miss my post that I "don't know who he is working with, if anyone" at this point.

well figure out if the oracle is working with him, because if he isn't then shamus is also full of shit.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    And in the case that B:L is the knight, then this makes another truth apparent: Shamus is lying.

Which means only one thing.

Well, a few, but primarily: Lucavi.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    B:L's plan is hard to believe and follow due it's needlessly complex nature.

It was a feint, within a feint, within a feint...

He tried to rout out enemies, realized that plan was backfiring, reverted to another one and in the process destroyed all his trust.

But answer me, from a logical stance gentlemen:

If B:L did not gaurd Plutonium to save himself, why would any other Knight gaurd Plutonium to protect B:L?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You know, I want to believe you B:L, and I would if your story wasn't so crazy. A knight did protect Plutonium last night, and you're right that there isn't really anyone else who had any reason to do that - unless the stoners have a deal going on with the knight in question.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I don't think Infidel, or B:L are stoners.

I think B:L is desperate, and somewhat insane. But I actually think there is some truth to his claims.

Think about it.

Who would benefit from gaurding Plutonium last night? Remember the order of actions is:

Active Item Usage
    Holy Stones
    Ninja
    Vote

Since B:L had been bumped into the 2nd place for the vote, had he NOT defended plutonium and plutonium and been hit by an item, lucavi or ninja kill then the vote kill would have trickled down to B:L and killed him. Obviously the knights block can not prevent the vote kill, this much should be apparent at this point.

Does anyone else have a strong motive to have used the knights blocking skill on plutonium last night? No. Either B:L is a knight and used the skill, or knows a knight to use the skill to indirectly protect himself.

However, I don't believe this makes Infidel suspect either however. Infidel was in second place for voting earlier last night. He probably, not knowing B:L could possibly be a knight on his side, used what networks he had gathered to him to bump B:L into second place, on the offchance once again Plutonium was assassinated at the vote kill trickle down.

Both were moves of self-preservation.

So, we can logically conclude that:

B:L is either a knight, or has a knight watching out for him.

I was in second place right to the last minute, fortunately some people realized what was going on without me having to come out and say it (and let my enemies have a chance to fix things) and tied it up, but that still left it to the RNG if plutonium had been killed. I was surprised to make it throught the night as many are I'm sure.

Unless the knight acted in the literal last minute, which is possible, he was doing so to protect me as I was the vote runner up at the time. B:L is trying to capitalize on this by claiming to be a knight that saved his own hide, why else would he reveal?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I'll try to clarify. I'll leave my analysis out of it for now; this is just a summary of claims about knights from public posts.

Before night 4.
    FunkyWaltDogg claims that a person claiming to the Larg knight has contacted FWD. FWD claims to believe this person and that this person will be his successor (as Larg mouthpiece).

After night 4.
    B:L claims to be the Larg knight.
    Shamus claims to be the Goltana knight.
    B:L claims to have been lying just a bit ago, and claims to actually be the Goltana knight.
    cj iwakura claims to be in contact with the Larg knight, and that this Larg knight is neither Shamus nor B:L.

Did that help? Someone correct me if I missed anything, and I may edit this post so that it stays an accurate summary of claims people have made about knighthood.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I think B:L is desperate, and somewhat insane.
    I am not desperate to live. I am already ready to die. My desperation is that the Goltana Oracle is in danger, and his choice tonight will determine whether he dies tonight or tomorrow.

My desperation is that the followers of Goltana still trust Infidel, whom I still claim to be suspicious above all else.

I am only insane to my devotion to Lord Goltana. I am willing to give up my life to further the Goltana agenda.

The highly polarized response early on will give Goltana enough clues to ferret out the traitors to this kingdom.

The truth is crazy sometimes, isn't it?

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Hmm, how close before the vote closing did B:L pull infront of Infidel vote wise? On this I shall check.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is all way too confusing. I'm saying we should keep it simple and give Infidel what's been coming to him for days now.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    He never did. It was 5 for me, 4 for B:L, with a literal last minute vote for B:L, leaving it to the RNG if plutonium should fall.

Note that Hylian had some rewrites to do before B:L was in danger. This leads me to believe that at that time the knight protected plutonium, and because of that it required writing out my death. Therefore, the knight did so thinking I was going to die and saved myself, not B:L.

Again, B:L is trying to capitalize on this with the last minute vote changes.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    He tried to rout out enemies, realized that plan was backfiring, reverted to another one and in the process destroyed all his trust.
    My plan backfired because Shamus immediately "revealed" himself to be the Goltana knight, and that he has been working with Infidel.

At this point, I realized that the Oracle was in danger, and had to reveal the real truth, that I was the real Goltana Knight, in an effort to protect the Oracle for one more night.

Edit: One word: Calculators.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Eh, I had just typed up pretty much what Infidel said. The knight was trying to stop Infidel from dying, because Infidel has been the Goltana mouthpiece. The second place vote changed from Infidel to B:L fairly late.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Unless I really suck at counting I came out with 5 votes for B:L and 4 for Infidel...gonna count again to make sure I am not retarded.

Now I counted them as 5/5 tied.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Tabasco wrote: »
    Sorry for the lack of activity. I have been busy lately. The way I see it we need to get rid of those stoners, so I'm going to !vote for Infidel. He strikes me as the most likely.

This is the fifth vote unless I missed something last night. He is still gunning for me. He posted this 8 minutes before the close.

This made it 5 Infidel 3 B:L, two more votes before close tied us up. The narration was mentioned to be in need of rewriting before these 3 votes, when it was 4 Infidel and 3 B:L.

If I have my facts wrong please let us know.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's crazy enough to work, is what I say. I'm going to give B:L the benefit of the doubt and !vote Shamus to death.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No, I think your math is right Infidel. I was prolly just screwing it up somewhere.

Can't we find a better way of proving B:L's knight-hood or lack thereof in a more constructive way then just killing him? Task him to protect someone, and then have one of the Ninja attack the person B:L should be protecting, have it be someone we want to kill anyway, in case he's not a knight. If the person surives than B:L is a knight or is in contact with a Knight.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No, I think your math is right Infidel. I was prolly just screwing it up somewhere.

Can't we find a better way of proving B:L's knight-hood or lack thereof in a more constructive way then just killing him? Task him to protect someone, and then have one of the Ninja attack the person B:L should be protecting, have it be someone we want to kill anyway, in case he's not a knight. If the person surives than B:L is a knight or is in contact with a Knight.
    I. am. going. to. die. TONIGHT. Save the blades for Lucavi and Larg scum.

There is no possible reason for the Largs or the Lucavi to not want me dead, because I can protect the Oracle.

My death shall prove me a Knight beyond a reasonable doubt, if the evidence is not clear enough already, and it shall reveal the traitors for who they are.

I can only ask that the Oracle trusts me enough to ask for my protection.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    No offense mate. But if you are so very certain that you re going to die tonight, why would the oracle contact you?

One night of protection for sharing such crucial information to someone that could rat them out to either the Larg or the Lucavi? It just doesn't add up from a risk-reward perspective.

If you gaurd yourself, wouldn't you be safe from Lucavi and Ninja kills? Or do you know if you can only block one a night? If you gaurd yourself, and we don't vote to kill you, and you survive the night from these oh so inevitable Lucavi and Ninja kills, then would you not have proven your knight hood in a far more constructive fashion than simply dying?

Inquisitor on