Options

[Zodiac Phalla] Monday the 8th: The Taste of Victory [Larg Victory!]

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    B:L is totally twisting me in knots at this point. I mean, what the hell?
    I've regained my senses, and realized that the Oracle did not believe me, so I am moving towards the best outcome for Goltana.

I apologize if I confused you earlier, but if you were looking at it from my perspective, it was the only choice I had.

You still have a choice, however.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    "!vote B:L

You still have yet to convince me you are something more then a Lucavi.

To those who would vote for me under the false suspicion that I am the Lucavi..well, we shall see what happens when our time is up. I have made my case. I have not changed my story multiple times, or "regained" my senses. I have stood by my claims and will continue to do so until the bitter end."

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Shamus wrote: »

To those who would vote for me under the false suspicion that I am the Lucavi..well, we shall see what happens when our time is up. I have made my case. I have not changed my story multiple times, or "regained" my senses. I have stood by my claims and will continue to do so until the bitter end."
    Then you shall die a liar.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Shamus wrote: »

Then you shall die a liar.

"Your insults fall upon deaf ears.

Alas, I won't be here to witness what the fates have in store with us. I have to deal with a certain Pirate problem tonight."

Shamus on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Half an hour to go.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    !vote Shamus

Morituri te salutamus

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ten more minutes! I just died in the mini-Phalla, so hopefully I don't die tonight too. That would make me sad.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Ten more minutes! I just died in the mini-Phalla, so hopefully I don't die tonight too. That would make me sad.

Die bunny! :P

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    !vote Shamus

Morituri te salutamus
    More liek moriturum te salutamus, m i rite?

D:

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »

Why would you say that, Infidel? I thought we were friends. :(

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Lignisse wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    !vote Shamus

Morituri te salutamus
    More liek moriturum te salutamus, m i rite?

D:

I have this feeling that I am not going to live the night.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    *gets on her knees and prays*

Please, give strength to the Goltana forces, so that the Goltana banner may fly proudly in the wind. Give them guidance to find their enemies. Give them the will to carry out what must be done. For Lord Goltana's victory...

*smiles and draws her sword as she rushes Shamus* Die, traitor, in the name of Lord Goltana!!!

• Options
    edited May 2007

Why would you say that, Infidel? I thought we were friends. :(

<3
    /fisticuffs

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So now you're a ninja? Well, at least your role will get passed on.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, it's been a pleasure, but I'm not too expectant of my chances to live yet another night.

But fear not! For there is another confirmed Goltana that will step up and he has my implicit trust. If I shall fall tonight, you will all be witness to my proof as a loyal Goltana noble. Combined with my post-humous validation, the oracle through me exposing a foul Zodiac Brave, and my vouching for another Goltana, hopefully you will be satisified. Please, fellow Goltana loyalists, work with my successor. You should expect Lignisse to step up and fill this role, my work here is done.

And for good measure, !die B:L

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    And for good measure, !die B:L
    I will. I'll see you soon.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Vote closed.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Heh, I thought you were going to wait until vote close to name me, Infidel, but it's all good. Welcome, Goltana loyalists! It will take me a bit after narration to figure out what's happened and sort out seer results, but we shall march to Goltana victory; this I promise!

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Heh, I thought you were going to wait until vote close to name me, Infidel, but it's all good. Welcome, Goltana loyalists! It will take me a bit after narration to figure out what's happened and sort out seer results, but we shall march to Goltana victory; this I promise!
    The last bit of advice from your Goltana Knight:

DO NOT TRUST LIGNISSE.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    So the sword bit was just flavor.

We killed a Knight. Damn. :(

Don't be so flaky next time, B:L!

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So the sword bit was just flavor.

We killed a Knight. Damn. :(

QFT if he's not been lying.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wouldn't be if things worked out better.

I made the assumption that Infidel was a traitor, because of Shamus' comment, and that sent me down the wrong path which I couldn't recover from.

The major problem was that the Oracle never trusted me, Infidel never denied Shamus' comment, and no one ever contacted me. I hope the Oracle makes it through the night.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    It looks like being keyboard-less has slowed down the coming of the narration.

I usually took longer than this though, so I won't complain.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, this certainly creates some suspense

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It looks like being keyboard-less has slowed down the coming of the narration.

I usually took longer than this though, so I won't complain.

!vote Gnasty for Captain Whiner ;-)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    B:L still not changing her story? Hmm. That's unfortunate. Well, not much to do now but wait for the narration and seer results. Apologies in advance if your unbelievable and convoluted story turned out to be true, B:L.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well then, assuming the narration confirms B:L as the Goltana Knight, Shamus has some explaining to do.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    B:L still not changing her story? Hmm. That's unfortunate. Well, not much to do now but wait for the narration and seer results. Apologies in advance if your unbelievable and convoluted story turned out to be true, B:L.
    Apologies for your lack of will to unwind the story, see all the clues and facts, and figure out the truth, instead trusting in an obvious fake knight such as Shamus.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    An interesting narration, here. Members of the dead thread contributed sections of it.

---

Friday, October 5th: To Kill a Chocobo

As the nobles gathered in the Great Hall to discuss the events of the past few days, tempers were running hot. The murders had continued unabated, and the yet-to-be-settled question of the succession loomed larger each day. "My life for Prince Goltana!" shouted Shamus as he shot to his feet. "You're even more of a fool than the prince you claim to follow, Shamus," retorted cj iwakura. "You're nothing more than a devil in knight's armor."

The argument was cut short by the clanging of steel plate as B:L suddenly leaped atop the table. "Listen, friends! I am Prince Larg's Holy Knight! Place your trust in me and together we will root out the demons among us!" Silence reigned for a moment, and then Infidel spoke. "Milady, have you taken leave of your senses?" "Yes... I mean no!" she exclaimed. Her hands moved to unbuckle her breastplate as she continued. "The truth is that I am actually Prince Goltana's Knight!" And indeed, the black lion which now stood revealed on her breast appeared to lend its strength to this last statement. "Kill me now if you must, for in death I will be vindicated."

cj iwakura turned back to Shamus as he spoke. "Perhaps you truly serve Goltana after all. It appears that a lust for one's own death is a hallmark of that company." Shamus merely smiled.

Meanwhile, several of the assembled nobles noticed that Last Son had been conspicuously missing for quite some time. Lignisse, Inquisitor, and Shinto decided to form a search party for their missing brethren, fearing that he had fallen victim to the treacherous schemes of the remaining Lucavi. For near an hour they wandered the stone halls, and with each passing second they grew more and more sure that the worst had come to pass. Their fears were temporarily alleviated when they spotted the shrouded figure of Last Son standing at the end of the hallway. “Ho!” Lignisse yelled as the party approached. “It is not wise to travel the halls alone in these dark times.” Last Son’s mouth began to move, but the voice that it produced was not his own. “Indeed. Not wise to travel alone at all,” the dread voice said. “Nor in threes.” It was then that Last Son emerged from the shadows, and Inquisitor noticed the demon hand thrust into his back, manipulating him like a puppet. “Last Son danced for me, and so shall you all dance!” The Lucavi flung the bloodied body at the search party, flooring both Lignisse and Inquisitor. “So shall you all dance…” the Lucavi said with a grin as he disappeared once more into the shadows.

Later that night, Bliss 101, Serpent, and Balefuego, along with several other small yet well-armed groups of nobles, had decided that it would be better to seek out and destroy the Lucavi hiding amongst them rather than search for some missing person. To this end, they had taken to searching the upper levels of the castle. Several hours had been spent thus, in a fruitless cataloguing of empty bedchambers and audience halls; all that was left at this point was to ascend to the parapets and conduct an inspection of the towers. Bliss 101's group was in the middle of inspecting the central tower when a scraping noise from above froze all three in their tracks.

"Did you hear that?" hissed Balefuego.

The others nodded, their weapons already drawn. The trio positioned themselves in a defensive stance, their eyes casting back and forth along the roof of the great castle. They heard another scrape--metal on something, perhaps--and then a loud, jarring series of bumps and thumps. Something was rolling down the roof towards them...

"Look out!"

Bliss 101 and Serpent sprang to each side, heeding Balefuego's shout of warning; however, he was not so lucky. The whirling object had picked up quite a bit of unexpected speed on its way down the steep decline, and with a final clanging bounce, it planted itself decisively against Balefuego's forehead, knocking him senseless. Robbed of its momentum, the helmet--for that was what it was--bounced straight into the air, landing heavily enough on Balefuego's torso to pop open the visor and reveal the horrified face of Shamus. Both of the conscious nobles paled, staring at Shamus's contorted features. Whatever had killed him had not been gentle.

"Such a shame..." The mournful tone, and the loud BANG that accompanied it, shocked Bliss 101 into looking up from the severed head. It seemed that Serpent had grown a third, clawed arm from the center of his chest. Bliss 101 could only stare in shock as the screaming Serpent feebly tried to force the Lucavi's arm into retreat. "...and here I was hoping he would have been a little more pleased to see me! How rude, don't you think?"

The arm flickered, and suddenly Serpent was sailing over the parapet, screaming all the way down. The Lucavi didn't even spare the late noble a glance, instead busying itself with an inspection of its metal-scuffed claws. "Seems I got a little too hasty," it muttered to the stunned Bliss 101. "Tell me if this hurts too much, all right?"

"...jump."

The Lucavi blinked. "Hmm?" He barely dodged out of the way as Tabasco came plummeting from above, driving his spear into the ground where the demon had been but a moment ago. Cursing, he retreated into the shadows, electing to run away and live for another day. Tabasco immediately chased after the Lucavi, but upon turning the corner was grabbed by an unknown figure. He raised his spear to defend himself, but found himself breathing through a slit in his throat before he could act.

The council, certain that B:L had masterminded this, were quick to drag her to the courtyard, presenting her with a coil of rope around her neck for her honesty. It was a sad thing that this war had caused even the noblest of knights to be murdered simply for being slightly suspicious.

The Spell Edge was used. It was ineffective. It didn't break.

Last Son - Goltana Oracle (killed by Lucavi)
    Shamus - Goltana Noble (killed by ninja)
    B:L - Goltana Knight (killed by council)
    Tabasco - Larg Calculator (killed by ninja)
    Serpent - Larg Noble (killed by Lucavi)

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh, I haven't trusted Shamus, although I did believe him. It's an important distinction. He does not know the name of our seer.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    !vote Infidel

You have failed me for the last time.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Uh so both Shamus and B:L were Goltanas.. what the hell was that all about then?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The hell it was all about was people being too dense to put together the fact that no one other than B:L had a reason to gaurd plutonium and tons of lies and deceit followed.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Shit. An Oracle and a Knight gone. Tonight was not kind to the Goltana.

Why did the Lucavi only get two kills?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Because there are less Lucavi and my "oh so silly" theory of the Lucavi losing kills as they die was true.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ooOOOOoooo

Gotcha bitch, trying to seer me

oooooOOOOooo

Plutonium on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    I guess this goes to show: Don't act like a fucking psycho and people might believe your claims of being a special.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    ooOOOOoooo

Gotcha bitch, trying to seer me

oooooOOOOooo

Whadda mean, trying? I seered you good =p

My dying request was not fulfilled, I am now sad... and dead.

OOoooOoooooOOO

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Rather it goes to show, think with a hint of logic and reasoning and you wont go around voting off specials.

I am this court's mime, I am this court's fool! How could I see something so plainly and you all could not?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hylian, do you think you can link the narration posts on the front page? It makes things a lot easier when you have a lot to catch up on.

Also, Shamus, why in the world did you lie like that? Now we have no seers and only one guardian. Great.

PsychoLarry1 on