As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of Holding

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I actually like the we work i'm in except for how sound carries around our glass office

luckily noise cancelling headphones are par for the course for programmers

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    zepherin wrote: »
    Rome total war is amazing on my iphone when I don't want to work. I wish more total war was on ios.

holy fucking what I can play a total war game on my phone?!

omg if I could run medieval 2 on my phone it's all over.
    Yeah, they also have the barbarians expansion.

On an Iphone 7 it ran ok, a little sluggish with huge battles. On an Iphone X it runs smooth.

The only downside is some of the controls for rotate and combining units and the save menu (triple swipe up) are not intuitive.

I also have Civ 6 as well, but I like total war more than civ.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    In high school I was taking the metro home after an after school activity.

This homeless guy a few seats down was moving his arms rhythmically.

Oh, why is he moving one of his hands up and down his thumb

oh

oh

that's not a thumb

:bigfrown:

What was it, the suspense is killing me

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

oh

oh

that's not a thumb

Dude was double fisting something you could mistake for a thumb?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    also they serve free coffee and fruit-infused water

the fruit infused water is so good and fresh and cold. I'm 95% okay with a corporate dystopia if us wage slaves get cold fruit-water

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    homeless dude should just jerk off at home like th-

oh right

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    homeless dude should just jerk off at home like th-

oh right

the unforeseen problem with getting rid of phonebooths

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Ilpala wrote: »

oh

oh

that's not a thumb

Dude was double fisting something you could mistake for a thumb?

12 inches long, 3 inches around. The most cursed of all penises.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    @MrMister I typically have sundays off. Hit me up if You find yourself free in nyc

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    nhRgMpLl.jpg

Hmm. Very happy with how my hair turned out

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The woman next to me is singing along to the music on her headphones

Literally who thinks that’s ok
    *raises hand* Me?

But certainly not at work.

I’m on a train!
    You're in a public space. Sorry, but all bets are off. You better HOPE that the worst thing that happens is someone singing along to headphones. On BART, you have to worry about being groped or getting urinated on!

Once on BART everyone was crowding the car away from this vaguely homeless seeming guy who was sitting on the floor on the other end. And I was like this is classist and ableist so I sat down a few seats over from him. Then i started wondering why this guy was sort of wrestling with a canvas bag he had with him, and anyway turns out he brought a giant fucking snake on the train and it was trying to wriggle out

Do you still sit near raggedy-looking people on public transit ?

That's one thing I can't bring myself to do

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

*raises hand* Me?

I’m on a train!
    You're in a public space. Sorry, but all bets are off. You better HOPE that the worst thing that happens is someone singing along to headphones. On BART, you have to worry about being groped or getting urinated on!

Once on BART everyone was crowding the car away from this vaguely homeless seeming guy who was sitting on the floor on the other end. And I was like this is classist and ableist so I sat down a few seats over from him. Then i started wondering why this guy was sort of wrestling with a canvas bag he had with him, and anyway turns out he brought a giant fucking snake on the train and it was trying to wriggle out

Meh, if there's a seat open, I'm sitting in it.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    The bow is cute :D

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Work at work: 🤮
    Work from home: 🤮
    Not work at all: 🤗

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    “Working” from home.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    “Working” from home.

'Swhat I'm doing right now baybeeee

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    “Working” from work.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    "Not" abolishing the wage system

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my head hurts

i think i am getting sick
    other people have been getting sick

i did not sleep much the last 2 nights and it is my fault cuz of procrastination and anxiety

i have a techno thing tomorrow i have been looking forward to but if i get sick :(

and now i have a 1.5 hr meeting

i should napped

:(

poo
  • Options
    I mean I literally have rome total war up right now resting between my keyboard and wrist rest, my coworker has a youtube video going...there are benefits to being shoved in a corner.

• Options

*raises hand* Me?

I’m on a train!

I'm going to set up an extreme test for you by disguising myself, shadowing your work commute, and strategically shitting my pants on the subway

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Firefox has a browser based vpn

Its limited and not perfect but looks like right it is free though may require a subscription later. Though that is unsure. Still its interesting watching Mozilla and how they building stuff out verse Google Chrome due to differing revenue sources and philosophies.

I have basically swapped fully back to firefox after Google said Chrome was not going to allow some types of blocking that is the baseline of a lot of ad blockers.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    ok i bought imperator rome in a moment of weakness and shame
    i forgot that learning new paradox spreadsheet games is a nightmare even if you have experience and understand a lot of the mechanics because you've played their other games

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i forgot that learning new paradox spreadsheet games is a nightmare even if you have experience and understand a lot of the mechanics because you've played their other games

If you end up hating it you can blame me.

Also I hope you like it. Ive been enjoying it a lot.

• Options
    just slowly working my way through the tabs nodding my head as if I understand and taking constant breaks because my addled brain can't focus on a thing for more than 2 seconds

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I wanted to like that game so much, but I just dont. Have they updated it to give you a choice of starting year yet?

• Options
    Stellaris continues to be off the chain though. I'll probably buy a new computer to play stellaris more effectively.

• Options
    "Babe why are you buying a $1000 graphics card?"

"...I need to look at a map"

• Options

Babe, I need it to spread democracy

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I wanted to like that game so much, but I just dont. Have they updated it to give you a choice of starting year yet?

Not that I have seen. At least not in game. You can modify config files I believe to change it pretty easy.

1.2 is almost to release and it has the developed pop system in the game as of a day or two ago. I think its one of the more interesting sim things pdx has done.

I also abused it to take a pop 5 tribal nation and migrate chain all of ireland in the matter of a few decades creating a regional power that has little competition in the area.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1860705039

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Firefox has a browser based vpn

Its limited and not perfect but looks like right it is free though may require a subscription later. Though that is unsure. Still its interesting watching Mozilla and how they building stuff out verse Google Chrome due to differing revenue sources and philosophies.

I have basically swapped fully back to firefox after Google said Chrome was not going to allow some types of blocking that is the baseline of a lot of ad blockers.

Same.

I was okay giving google basically free roam of advertising data it was collecting until they were like "you know what, I really want to do even more and fuck you"

So I was like "how about fuck you instead" and went back to firefox. Painful adjusting period because firefox performance is wanting after having used chrome, though. At this point I would pay mozilla a few bucks a month if it gave me the same shit google was giving me. I hope mozilla steps up and offers email here soon to replace gmail. Maybe even a replacement google drive/google docs too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Babe, I need it to spread democracy

And we voted to exterminate those guys over there

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    My husband gave me a serious linemouth when I started explaining why I wanted a gaming laptop

“But you already have a laptop”

“It’s an older Mac, which means I can’t play pc games and it’s not powerful enough”

• Options
    it seems like an unholy fusion of every paradox series except for maybe HoI

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My husband gave me a serious linemouth when I started explaining why I wanted a gaming laptop

“It’s an older Mac, which means I can’t play pc games and it’s not powerful enough”

"Because I'm an adult and I want it."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

"Because I'm an adult and I want it."

I have a job and it was on sale so he relented

• Options

*raises hand* Me?

I’m on a train!

I'm going to set up an extreme test for you by disguising myself, shadowing your work commute, and strategically shitting my pants on the subway
    You would also have to arrange it so that there is only 1 space available.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

Start secretly buying desktop parts, he wont know until it's too late!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Senior manager: ‘can we talk on the phone and you can walk me through your revisions to the proposal’
    Me: sure, I will explain
    Sm: ok that makes sense—can you take a crack at expanding this paragraph to include the modifications you suggested; I’m not sure I can get it right
    Me: actually, I am working on other things right now, and it’s important that the sales team has a complete understanding of the idea since I’m not the one making the pitch. This is how part 1b of the project can be both broader and vaguer so we don’t commit to analyzing x and have the freedom to analyze y and z. Also you should know I just came up with y and z right now while talking; coming up with similar examples does not require specialized knowledge of the situation. Is there something in particular that you don’t understand about my suggestion?
    Sm: oh ummm I’ll look through your comment and write it
    Me: awesome; feel free to call me if you need further clarification

Get owned senior manager
    Yes I could have written the extra paragraph in the time to write this post but it’s the principle of the thing and also seriously if he’s making the pitch he needs to understand the offering

Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.