As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Dark Knight

aquabataquabat Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Holy shit, the Dark Knight marketing campaign has totally kicked in.

From AICN
You've probably seen THIS WEBSITE. It's a campaign site for Harvey Dent's District Attorney campaign (Dent is played by Aaron Eckhart in THE DARK KNIGHT).

However, you may not have noticed THIS WEBSITE. Evidently hacked by the Joker, there's something going on here that should mobilize AICN readers (and geeks far and wide) ASAP.

The picture of Harvey Dent is slowly deteriorating...pixel by pixel...revealing an image concealed underneath. You can help the process along...and completely uncover the picture that's underneath.

The site asks for your e-mail address & prompts you to enter a code. I am told doing so leads to your receiving an e-mail that...when utilized correctly...will remove another pixel from the top image. I haven't actually gotten this to work myself, but I have a terminally wonky computer, so this is no surprise.

When enough people follow this process, the Harvey Dent image will be completely disintegrated...revealing...whatever lies beneath it. Good money says it's a shot of The Joker. What makes us kinda sure?

Dr. Cliff Huxtable (an AICN reader) went to Meltdown in Hollywood a few days back, and found playing cards littering the store.

Dr. Huxtable says the people working in the store didn't know why the cards were there...some unknown person had strewn them around. Cliff was kind enough to send in pictures of the cards:

Batman on Film

Its got me pysched, thats for sure. Viral Marketing at its finest.

I really like the idea of Ledger as the Joker, although I've always thought of him as someone in his 40's.

aquabat on

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I am not digging the design of the Joker, here. If that's him.

He appears to have anuses on his cheeks.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    aquabat wrote: »
    Viral Marketing at its finest.

...I Love Bats?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    BOF has this.... with a bit of photoshopping, we see

heath_joker_ibelieveinharveydenttoo.jpg

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The movie is coming out in a year. Too long.

Hoz on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    BOF has this.... with a bit of photoshopping, we see

heath_joker_ibelieveinharveydenttoo.jpg

God that looks stupid.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It is a long ways from the Joker we know and love.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I hope the picture changes when it's fully reveled.

As it is the lack of a smile and the whole lipstick smear is throws off the picture.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I could see that being an experiment BY the joker... but it looks like some sort of backwards "black face" parody.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It is a long ways from the Joker we know and love.

Indeed... It lacks purple.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The smile is literally cut into his face.

It's pretty creepy.

Furu on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I dig that it looks like a more realistic crazy man with face paint on him.

Far scarier that way.

Duki on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Maybe it's just a bad picture.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Judging by the writing on the viral site and emails, his personality is going to be more along the lines of The Killing Joke-style Joker, so fucking scary probably works in the movie's favor.

Furu on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Again I must reiterate how fucking awesome this line is.
    I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also, man are they getting this started early.

What are they going to do when the movie actually comes out?
    Also some of the leaked images make it look like Heath Ledger/Joker starts off as just a smart criminal who pulls off robberies in a clown mask before actually getting Jokerized

Furu on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I dunno. It looks like he expanded his smile. It's not the pretty-Joker we're used to.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    And by leaked images I mean this.

Furu on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I dunno, I guess I'm just looking forward to Dent's descent into Two Face. =)

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    its early, but hey... it makes me excited.

aquabat on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hello, what's this? Maggie Gyllenhaal is now Rachel Dawes. Not that I'm complaining, but what happened to Katie Holmes?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Hello, what's this? Maggie Gyllenhaal is now Rachel Dawes. Not that I'm complaining, but what happened to Katie Holmes?

Tom Cruise.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Furu wrote: »

Tom Cruise.

Fine, fine. I shall go visit ze wiki.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    considering my large crush on maggie gyllenhall, i am very pleased with this

aquabat on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Scheduling conflicts. Alright then. Good riddance.

I, also, welcome Maggie Gyllenhaal and pray that she does not bring the blunted emotional affect her predecessor did.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Tom Cruise.

Fine, fine. I shall go visit ze wiki.

Dude, it's a good thing. Not only can Maggie Gyllenhaal actually act instead of just standing around looking sixteen, she's also actually hot instead of just looking sixteen.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    See my updated post at the bottom of the last page. I thought Katie Holmes was god awful in the first movie, the nicest anyone could credit her with was "not being too in the way of all the awesome". Giving Tom Cruise as an answer was just a little too obvious and old a joke when I wanted an answer.

Gim on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    She turned down the sequel to the best movie she has ever done so she can make more shit.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hoz wrote: »
    She turned down the sequel to the best movie she has ever done so she can make more shit.

I bet they kill her in this movie and she refused to do it on those grounds.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    But who will play her nipples?

aquabat on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The smile is literally cut into his face.

It's pretty creepy.

I really really like it.

It's very gritty and fucked up.

Man, I can't wait for this movie.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thats awesome news, she was the worst piece of miscasting in a long time, the assistant DA...Joey Potter O_o

And yeah, Maggie can act and oozes hot

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Could be a placeholder for the final CG/costume. Since it is a year away. It's a clown, but he's not laughing...almost as if he's a sad clown.

Let's all hope Batman 2 won't turn into SpiderMan-3, ala "OMG!! 3 under-developet villains!!1"

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As long as Christopher Nolan's directing, it can't fail.

Also, this better have more Scarecrow. He was amazing in Begins.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    As long as Christopher Nolan's directing, it can't fail.

Also, this better have more Scarecrow. He was amazing in Begins.

I don't think they'll bring Scarecrow back. I'd love to see them just move on with Joker, instead of being cursed with too many villains to sort out.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Makes sense, but at least a cameo would be nice. They did way too good a job on that character for them to just quietly kill him away.

And this creeped me out.
    email.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I didn't get anything in my e-mail :(

Anyway, apparently Scarecrow has been confirmed as being in the movie. I would assume it's just a cameo in the asylum, though.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Anyone else reminded of RE4's "You are dead" Message?

Also, I now hate batman movie websites.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Could be a placeholder for the final CG/costume. Since it is a year away. It's a clown, but he's not laughing...almost as if he's a sad clown.

Let's all hope Batman 2 won't turn into SpiderMan-3, ala "OMG!! 3 under-developet villains!!1"

Placeholder? CG costume? Do you give any thought to what you post or is it just random shit that falls out of your mouth before you hit 'submit reply'

JokerFinal.jpg

aquabat on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I could see that working if he were laughing maniacally.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Totally man
    Its creepy as fuck, and I cant wait to see this version played out. I was thinking about what the Joker looks like, and in Nolan's world of Batman I dont think I could see it being the same as the comic and cartoons. It would date really quickly, like Burton's Batman.

aquabat on
This discussion has been closed.