Options

The [Impeachment] of the 45th President of the United States

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I am very interested to see what other politically damaging transcripts are improperly stored on that server.

at this point?

probably none if they're smart

Destroying evidence is a crime

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular

This is what we like to call "mens rea"*

*Translator's note: "Mens rea" means "guilty mind"

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I am very interested to see what other politically damaging transcripts are improperly stored on that server.

More likely the proper phrase is "Used to be stored" because that server is no longer there.

At least, that's what I would expect from competent people. From the Trump admin though, I'm expecting to learn they poured bleach all over the computer monitor and figured the job was done.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Yeah, it's early still, but the feeling I'm getting is that GOP congress is starting to question if the Trump bump is worth going to jail over, and finding him wanting.

It’s not going to come from the top, but I imagine as more information becomes available you’ll see some GOP break rank.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    am I missing something here? I feel like I'm missing something here.

an anonymous whistleblower with second hand information about possible information stored on a different (but still classified and government owned) server is what the dems are finally acting on?!

I get the ukraine extortion should be impeachable and I'm glad they are, but the above isn't nearly as damaging as the concentration camps on our southern border, or a slew of other things.

without a bunch of whistleblowers with access or firsthand knowledge to and/or of that server, I don't see how this isn't ignored until it goes away in a month

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    It was interesting to read that he made the call from the Situation Room and not the Oval Office - especially considering the Whistleblower notes SOP is for production of recordings of all calls in the Situation Room, and which are floating around now, on a codeworded foreign Intel server

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

This is what we like to call "mens rea"*

*Translator's note: "Mens rea" means "guilty mind"

So there is an official transcript of the call!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Pence being implicated in this is just so good

“Watergate was good, but what can we do to up the ante in the sequel?”

“What if Ford was the one who broke into the hotel?”

“Brilliant! Get casting on the line! We need Matthew Lillard stat!”

• Options

at this point?

probably none if they're smart

Destroying evidence is a crime

yeah, but is it as big a crime as what they'd be saving themselves from? I bet not.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The unclassified appendix this that report is claiming they stashed the call records on a system reserved for code-word level intelligence

wow

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Uh, based on what's in this complaint, is someone whose I believe only current actual role is "personal lawyer"(and I guess ostensibly "cybersecurity advisor") supposed to be this directly involved with foreign affairs or national security, because I kind of feel like he shouldn't be

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wasn't Guliani's first role with this administration some kind of cyber security czar?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Swing voters are mostly a myth

You have Republican voters, Democratic voters and non-voters

This is unhelpful bullshit thinking so prevalent here and I wish it would stop.

Obama-Trump voters were like 10% of each president's winning vote tally. They absolutely matter. I don't know if you can peel them off Trump right now but he wouldn't be president if they had voted Dem again.

The Obama/Trump swing is a massive outlier that probably had more to do with Hillary being a historically poor candidate than anything else.

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

an anonymous whistleblower with second hand information about possible information stored on a different (but still classified and government owned) server is what the dems are finally acting on?!

I get the ukraine extortion should be impeachable and I'm glad they are, but the above isn't nearly as damaging as the concentration camps on our southern border, or a slew of other things.

without a bunch of whistleblowers with access or firsthand knowledge to and/or of that server, I don't see how this isn't ignored until it goes away in a month

Suffice to say that whoever is raising the issue has enough clout for this to be considered significant.

• Options

*grabs popcorn*

Can’t wait to see some stonewalling when Dems are at the end of their patience and on the warpath

• Options

Suffice to say that whoever is raising the issue has enough clout for this to be considered significant.

but they don't even know who that is!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

The whistleblower's account in the report is corroborated by the memo summary of the call. That means his sources were accurate on the meat of the issue.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

I'm not sure why you're being so chicken little over this, but it was someone who had high enough clearance to have access to these calls and knew where they were being stored, and found it so egregious and harmful to the country that they were willing to burn themselves and destroy their career

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

The whistleblower’s counsel has already been in contact with congress. It’s almost a certainty they know more than we do.

• Options
    fingers crossed for sure

guess I'm just beat down after 2.5 years (decades?) of this

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Good!

Because if who it was is out there, that persons life would be made a living hell.

The whole point of whistleblower protections is to trust and investigate the source while protecting the whistleblower from retaliation.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

The whistleblower’s counsel has already been in contact with congress. It’s almost a certainty they know more than we do.

The majority of what we know we only know because of congressional releases at this point.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Vanguard wrote: »

And said counsel passed on that their client would be more than happy to appear before at least House Intel committee. It seems more a question of when we'll know who it is, not if.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Schiff's opening statements here are very on point. Puffing up the quality of Maguire and his history, next to his dropping of his responsibility over this complaint.

• Options
    nunes saying that the "transcript" has already been debunked .... the one released by the white house ....

• Options
    Nunes is talking now

It’s about as hacky as you can imagine

He starts with “I’d like to congratulate the Democrats on the rollout of their latest information war against the president”

Fuck off dude

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Schiff's opening statements here are very on point. Puffing up the quality of Maguire and his history, next to his dropping of his responsibility over this complaint.

And then Nunes within 5 words proves his hackery. Democrats’ information warfare, my ass.

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    I just tubed in and it took me a minute to realize this be was from a Republican.

Hearing it is nunes is telling.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Reading this report, especially the footnotes, and it's crazy how Giuliani has been on TV for months straight up telling everybody what was going on and nobody put the dots together until this.

Like I have no idea how the White House thinks they are going to spin this. The President's lawyer has been corroborating the entire thing over the past year. He really is the worst lawyer.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Muting Nunes. Guys, it was the Democrats colluding with Russians!!! Like stay on topic. Where are the mods when you need them.

• Options
    What I’m getting from Nunes is that he was in on all of this and is terrified that it’s all public now

“Whistleblower hearings should be private!”

If it was up to you the complaint would never have been heard at all, so you can get fucked by a zillion broomsticks!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    According to Nunes, it was actually the Democrats who went to Ukraine and colluded with them! DEFLECT SHIELDS TO FULL ALL POWER TO THE DEFLECTOR SHIELDS

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Muting Nunes. Guys, it was the Democrats colluding with Russians!!! Like stay on topic. Where are the mods when you need them.

If congress had this forum’s moderating staff Nunes would have been permabanned like, 3 years ago

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

The problem highlighted by the whistleblower report is continuous abuse of the power of his office to extort a foreign power to influence our domestic elections. Not (intentionally) misfiling transcripts.

And fucking with elections are kind of a big deal since it eliminates the 'just vote him out' valve. That's partly why Republicans keep trying to do it.

• Options
    moniker wrote: »

The problem highlighted by the whistleblower report is continuous abuse of the power of his office to extort a foreign power to influence our domestic elections. Not (intentionally) misfiling transcripts.

And fucking with elections are kind of a big deal since it eliminates the 'just vote him out' valve. That's partly why Republicans keep trying to do it.

Yeah

Watergate wasn’t a huge deal just because some guys broke into a hotel somewhere

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

Yeah

Watergate wasn’t a huge deal just because some guys broke into a hotel somewhere

So once again, it's not the crime, it's the cover-up?

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    While it is nice to get some pretty compelling evidence of wrongdoing... I also just have a sick feeling in my stomach over all this

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Okay Maguire, Acting Dir. of DNI sounds like he is transcribing his autobiography. I guess he wants to establish his integrity before making any important statements but ooh boy this is tiresome.

Absalon on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Which goes back to the Ben Franklin quote Pelosi used on Tuesday: "It's a Republic, if you can keep it."

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.