As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation4 / PSN] PS3+Vita games are back on the menu, boys!

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I'm also having a similar problem with Assassin's Creed. I've had Syndicate and all its stuff on my PS4 for a long time. I vaguely remember a long time ago some Origin or Odyssey DLC was free, and I downloaded it, but never the game. I only recently finally bought both games, and just last night finally installed Origins. Well, checking Syndicate's add-on list would show Origins and Odyssey DLC, and Origins would show Syndicate's. And despite finally finishing and deleting Syndicate, the add-ons are still "installed" to Origins (and it's near 20 gigs of space too).

My solution was to delete Origins, and that seems to have finally purged all of Syndicate. So my armchair hypothesis is there's some weird filing glitch. Maybe because I downloaded DLC without actually having the game first, maybe Ubisoft related, or maybe similar named games like Interpreter says. But some other installed game must be claiming the data as its own. If you delete it, it hopefully should fix the problem.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    On the topic of Wild Arms 1 vs ACF: I would go for ACF. 1 has some crashing bugs that manifest towards the end of the game.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I'm also having a similar problem with Assassin's Creed. I've had Syndicate and all its stuff on my PS4 for a long time. I vaguely remember a long time ago some Origin or Odyssey DLC was free, and I downloaded it, but never the game. I only recently finally bought both games, and just last night finally installed Origins. Well, checking Syndicate's add-on list would show Origins and Odyssey DLC, and Origins would show Syndicate's. And despite finally finishing and deleting Syndicate, the add-ons are still "installed" to Origins (and it's near 20 gigs of space too).

My solution was to delete Origins, and that seems to have finally purged all of Syndicate. So my armchair hypothesis is there's some weird filing glitch. Maybe because I downloaded DLC without actually having the game first, maybe Ubisoft related, or maybe similar named games like Interpreter says. But some other installed game must be claiming the data as its own. If you delete it, it hopefully should fix the problem.

This seems to be common with Ubisoft games.
    I've seen Far Cry DLC show up under Watch Dogs 2 or vice versa.

It's weird.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Hmm...thanks for the info. Right now it's limited to some relatively small cosmetic add-ons, so for now I might just leave it be. Hopefully once I finish the games and delete them, all will be right with the world again.

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Does the problem go away or is it just a forever thing?

Just did a quick check, and it seems to be a forever thing(and is much more widespread than I thought). Looking my my games library of stuff I own but don't have installed, I see that pretty much the DLC for most of my WB games(mostly Batman and LEGO related stuff, but also the LotR Shadows games) is all mixed around. None of them are currently installed on my PS4, but I think usually if I reinstall the game I can choose which DLC to install, so it shouldn't just automatically download everything.

I don't have any DLC for Ubisoft stuff(other than AC: Syndicate), so I don't know if it bleeds over to other publishers, so for me it seems to only affect WB things. Maybe it has something to do with how certain publishers identify their DLC to the system.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Ugh, well that's annoying... I wonder if reinstalling the offending game and DLC and then uninstalling the DLC manually would fix it?

I feel like it's some kind of machine- or account-related issue, because if it was DLC- or PS Store-related then it would happen to the same games/DLC for everyone, right?

• Options
    You annoyingly cannot delete DLC on its own. It's the entire game or nothing. This was really annoying because I had downloaded Origins ahead of time, but then discovered it was holding onto Syndicate's DLC. As I said, deleting and reinstalling fixed the problem. But it also means I can't install Odyssey before I'm ready to delete Origins because it'll have the same problem, it wants to claim Origins DLC as its own.

I also have the Telltale Batman games (not installed), and Enemy Within has the first game's DLC in its list too. I'm just casually going through the whole downloaded list right now (359?! That's a number I didn't need to know!). For Honor, never installed (must've been a PS+ game), Ubisoft game... thinks the Origins DLC I've got installed is its own. ...God of War 3 is claiming Bloodborne The Old Hunters as its own...??? A google search actually pulls up this reddit post of people saying they have the same issue. They're both "Sony Interactive Entertainment", but still...

Ok my gut reaction is this is probably some kind of issue with how publishers are filing their stuff. It's their problem, nothing wrong with your account or PS4 or anything. But I'm now motivated to take a quick look at everything installed, and make sure no games are latching onto any old add-ons.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Other random filings:

Uninstalled games:

-All demos claim their respective full game's DLC as their own. Stuff like DQ Builders, MHW beta, ect.
    -Injustice 1 Ultimate edition: Claiming Arkham Knight's DLC as its own.
    -Hitman 1: Claiming Hitman 2's DLC.
    -Hitman 2: Is only claiming a handful of Hitman's 1 DLC, mainly some costumes. Given the weird way the games interacted with each other, all this seems pretty normal.
    -Kingdom Hearts VR Experience: Claiming KH3's DLC.
    -The Order 1886: Claiming Bloodborne's DLC
    -Telltale's The Walking Dead collection: Claiming Tales from the Borderlands DLC. Borderlands however is not claiming Walking Dead's though.

Installed games:

-Bloodborne: Is not claiming anything from GoW or The Order. Then again neither have DLC, so that's probably it. I'll just throw this here too. The other "Sony Interactive Entertainment" games I have, like Everybody's Golf, Horizon, Spider-Man, and Gravity Rush 2, do not have this problem with claiming Bloodborne's DLC.
    -The Walking Dead: The Final Season. It's a separate game from the collection above. It's claiming Telltale's Batman.

So... there you go. If anybody else has those games, please check and see if you got the same issue. Seems a lot more widespread than I thought! But... it still makes some sense. I didn't find a single instance of two wholly unrelated games getting mixed up (like say FFXV claiming RE2's stuff). Even the Bloodborne/GoW/1886 issue are all from the same overall publisher. It again makes me think it's some filing bug. It's also mostly the same suspects: WB/Telltale/Ubisoft. With one weird S-E instance, and the aforementioned SIE games.

In the meantime, you might wanna check your installed games and make sure none are holding onto any data you thought was deleted. Especially if they're WB/Telltale/Ubisoft games.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Have you tried Account Management > Restore Licenses and see if that does anything?

It's fixed DLC not showing up for me before. It might fix DLC not being in the proper place.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Also three of the Sword Art Online games(Re: Hollow Fragment, Lost Song, and Hollow Realization) all apparently share DLC.
    Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy and Nathan Drake Collection all share DLC.
    Life is Strange 2 has the DLC for both Life is Strange, and Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    LEGO Batman 3 has DLC for itself and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and LEGO Star Wars has the DLC for itself, LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Marvel Avengers.
    And LotR: Shadow of Mordor has DLC for itself and Shadow of War.
    and both Return to Arkham games claim Arkham Knights DLC as well.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I never really download dlc from the game menu, just from the store or my library so I have no idea if any of mine is messed up. I do know that mhw iceborne will only show trophies from the base game if you don't go to your trophy menu. Also pretty much every game I have gets stuck at some point and will not update the latest trophy I have earned. This is from the main screen, not the trophy screen which works fine. That always annoyed me.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Have you tried Account Management > Restore Licenses and see if that does anything?

It's fixed DLC not showing up for me before. It might fix DLC not being in the proper place.

Tried this. Unfortunately it didn't work. =(

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Man. Mega Man Legends controls are awkward.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Which Wild Arms is better, original or remake?

I personally feel the original was better than the remake. I found that a lot of the humour that was present in the original was removed in the remake, and many of the changes they made were unnecessary.

(Digs out Wild Arms.)

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Play Wild Arms 5.

Unfortunately it's only on PS2.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Renzo wrote: »
    Play Wild Arms 5.

Unfortunately it's only on PS2.

That is pretty much the best looking and most evolved one. I forgot how old school the other ones were.

Edit: I played some Wild Arms 1 (PS1 version) and it was pretty good. You save using birds in the game.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I think the series as a whole holds up surprisingly well for its age.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Wild Arms MO:
    Start Western Fantasy.
    End Western Sci-Fi.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Looking at the internet, it sounds like Wild Arms 3 is the best one.

• Options
    The campaign in Titanfall 2 is fucking amazing. Can't believe I waited this long to play it. Should have believed the hype on this one.

• Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Finished my playthrough of Darkwood last week... I found myself still thinking about it. Initially the atmosphere was so tense that I set it aside for a while, but the dread somehow called me back and I hunted down the Plat.

Its funny that there really isnt much stopping the player from running right through the game, other than the abject fear of the unknown in each new area. What took me 30 nights to do the first time I accomplished in 3 the next attempt.
    A top down view somehow works wonders for a scary game, and theres a tight little Polish horror story in there too.

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Darkwood sounds awesome. I can't believe I've never heard of it before today... I'm really into the whole "do things in the day and at night pray you survive".

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    The campaign in Titanfall 2 is fucking amazing. Can't believe I waited this long to play it. Should have believed the hype on this one.

Agreed 100%. I loved my time with the multiplayer, as well, the only real knock against it being a fairly shallow progression tree front-loaded with all the gear that suits my play style.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Darkwood sounds awesome. I can't believe I've never heard of it before today... I'm really into the whole "do things in the day and at night pray you survive".

For sure, I was really impressed with how immersed I felt in this one. Its a bit of a rogue-lite, the penalty for dying isnt too severe... But good luck reminding yourself that when something is pounding on your barricaded door at 3am and your only light goes out. D:

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    furlion wrote: »

Titanfall 2 is absolutely my Game Of The Generation. The campaign is a perfectly-paced burst of joy. I've put more time into that than anything else, and it's the only FPS multiplayer that doesn't make me mad no matter how much time I put into it.

The multi is really good, and if you don't want to go into competitive, then know that the Frontier Defense co-op mode is my favorite Horde Mode gametype (right alongside Mass Effect 3).

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Titanfall2 has a real good speed run too. Obvs spoilers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtJWrvIA-TU

• Options
    Hah. I did not know Mega Man Legends ended on a cliffhanger and the third game was cancelled.

Late to the party.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Reviews of Ghosts of Tsushima are starting to pop up and it's apparently Very Good (tm).

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I'll probably play it eventually (Sucker Punch does good work) but as a Japanese history buff I can't help feel that it's a bit of a missed opportunity.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'm sure it'll end up on PS+ eventually.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    I'll probably play it eventually (Sucker Punch does good work) but as a Japanese history buff I can't help feel that it's a bit of a missed opportunity.

It was apparently made in concert with a Japanese historian and is apparently very accurate to the period. My understanding is that it's being really well received in Japan, especially for how authentic it feels and its attention to their history.

Possibly before the twist with the GIANT ENEMY CRABS.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Been listening to Waypoint Radio, specifically Austin Walker talk about it, and two things from that: 1) katanas didn't exist in the approximate time period of the game, and 2) neither did haikus. But both are of course in the game.

Seems like there's a bunch of cool stuff in Ghost, but also seems like there's no solid policy on accuracy. It wants to evoke a mood instead.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I haven't kept up with Ghost of Tsushima marketting but it never struck me as it going for historical accuracy. Just trying to capture samurai movies/mythos.

I dunno, complaining that there was no katanas just seems a bit too pedantic to me. It's clearly one of those things they are ignoring for the sake of gameplay/atmosphere.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Been listening to Waypoint Radio, specifically Austin Walker talk about it, and two things from that: 1) katanas didn't exist in the approximate time period of the game, and 2) neither did haikus. But both are of course in the game.

Seems like there's a bunch of cool stuff in Ghost, but also seems like there's no solid policy on accuracy. It wants to evoke a mood instead.

Any good DM will tell you the number 1 rule is the rule of cool. Katanas are cool, so in they go.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    cckerberos wrote: »

It was apparently made in concert with a Japanese historian and is apparently very accurate to the period. My understanding is that it's being really well received in Japan, especially for how authentic it feels and its attention to their history.

Would it be as well received if it took place at Nanjing in December of 1937?

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I haven't kept up with Ghost of Tsushima marketting but it never struck me as it going for historical accuracy. Just trying to capture samurai movies/mythos.

I dunno, complaining that there was no katanas just seems a bit too pedantic to me. It's clearly one of those things they are ignoring for the sake of gameplay/atmosphere.

I’m just glad that there are, by all appearances, no supernatural elements or steampunk contraptions in the game.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The biggest “boo” moment I’ve had reading Ghost of Tsushima reviews is that if you want to play with Japanese VA, the mouths still sync to the English VA. It obviously should have been the other way around.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The biggest “boo” moment I’ve had reading Ghost of Tsushima reviews is that if you want to play with Japanese VA, the mouths still sync to the English VA. It obviously should have been the other way around.

The game was made by a US dev, there is zero chance that they would do the primary sync to a different language. Now the idea of using automatic sync that I've heard makes sense, but I'm not sure if there was any reason they couldn't have done.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It’s just weird for a game that pays so much attention to the details in its homage to Japanese samurai cinema to make English the default language and sync the lips to that. Yeah they’re an American studio but they still had Japanese VA, so...?

It’s a minor nitpick at the end of the day, but I plan on playing in Japanese with subtitles for maximum awesome film nostalgia.

• Options
    After seeing how Kingdom Come was criticized for what I thought was overall a stunning recreation of Bohemia, I would not be surprised to hear some complaints arise from Ghost.
    And Kingdom Come was a Czech developer making a game about Czech history.
    You would get a charisma bonus for observing church frescoes and other art... That’s just great.

Witchsight.png