Options

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't have the cards to complete my quests..... how often to rerolls refill, daily?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    My last few Champion pulls gave me a full set of Zed. I went ahead and crafted the rest of the Elusive/Kinkou/Zed deck and have finally started moving up the ladder.

Having a good amount of success! Only gets tricky when you play others with Elusive. Otherwise, pretty much what you'd ask for in an Aggro playstyle.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I don't have the cards to complete my quests..... how often to rerolls refill, daily?

You get 1 quest a day and 1 reroll a day and you can hold up to 3 daily quests. Not being able to complete one is not a problem as long as you've got at least 1 free quest slot for the next day's quest.

From an xp efficiency standpoint you also want to clear 1500 xp quests to increase the chances you get a 1500 quest at reset and/or with your reroll. But that's if you care that much.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

You get 1 quest a day and 1 reroll a day and you can hold up to 3 daily quests. Not being able to complete one is not a problem as long as you've got at least 1 free quest slot for the next day's quest.

From an xp efficiency standpoint you also want to clear 1500 xp quests to increase the chances you get a 1500 quest at reset and/or with your reroll. But that's if you care that much.

All three of my quests are using ~2 regions that I've got basically nothing for :(

Steam profile
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

All three of my quests are using ~2 regions that I've got basically nothing for :(

There is no penalty to crushing out your quests vs AI with the starter decks.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

But it's boringggg

Good idea though thanks :)

Maybe I can try and force an Expedition to fit too :P

Steam profile
  • Options

But it's boringggg

Yeah, its definitely not my favorite option, but also I don't have a good deck built for "Cast two spells in the same round", and I'm not going to go out of my way to craft one for the quest when I can grind it out with suboptimal play choices against AI real quick.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I actually almost always finish my quests against the ai very quickly unless it's super generic (deal Nexus damage, block or be blocked) or aligns with something I actually want to play.

I had an ephemeral quest and I didn't have a deck for it, slapped everything ephemeral into a deck and knocked it out in one ai game.

• Options

But it's boringggg

Yeah, its definitely not my favorite option, but also I don't have a good deck built for "Cast two spells in the same round", and I'm not going to go out of my way to craft one for the quest when I can grind it out with suboptimal play choices against AI real quick.

Do both. Just build a deck to make the quest go as fast as possible and then play the AI for a few games to finish it off. It can be kinda fun to build silly speciality decks that completely suck.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    So I got curious and downloaded this last week, against my better judgement. I've been screwing around in unranked with incremental updates of the spider deck to reasonable success. I got the weekly vault up to two diamond chests but didn't really get anything interesting out of them.

Having looked over some lists of decks that are seeing play, my near-term goals are probably an Elise/Kalista core and maybe something in Freljord with Sejuani (probably Sejuani/Ashe for affordability). I'm also kind of interested in Lux but I don't really know much about that direction.

If I wanted to I could already afford one of those decks, but having heard people talk about abusing champion refunds to manipulate the region champ rewards, I'm probably hoard all my champion wildcards and shards for that for a while. By the way, can you get Rising Tide champions from non-Rising-Tide-marked region rewards, or vice versa?

I have three expedition tokens, so I'll probably just play that exclusively this week while I can make them free. I usually like limited modes the best in these games, but the rewards look awful for the shard cost.

If your collection is very small it's going to be difficult to abuse the region rewards refund trick since there's so much crap you'd have to buy out to make it worthwhile.

It really depends on what you want to do though. My recommendation to people would be just find a deck or two you think you'd really like, put them together asap, and then just chill on acquisition and be patient, but that's entirely up to how you are. Me personally, I can't really stand running unoptimized jank and subbing in stuff for the cards I don't have. If you're cool with a janky version of whatever deck, more power to you.

Elise and Sejuani are good champs to have and can pair with a lot of other options, so those are good calls. Elise/SI as a whole are overall a pretty strong pick for a newcomer I feel. You can play very aggro or very controlly with SI so you're getting a lot of different potential playstyles out of one faction.
    I dunno, it varies by taste and region, but overall it really doesn't seem like it takes all that much to get some reasonable value.

I got one extra champion wildcard in my first week playing, so right now I have two wildcards and 4,200 shards. That's enough liquid resources for three champions. My three expedition tokens will hopefully get me enough shards for a fourth. Then next week will give me at least five, maybe even six if expeditions go well enough.

Going region by region...

I kind of lucked out pretty hard in Shadow Isles; 8 levels into the track I somehow got a Thresh, a Hecarim, a Kalista, and that champion wildcard. So from here it only takes four buys to seal off Thresh and Hecarim to guarantee Elise or Kalista.

Noxus: I already ended up with a third Darius. Two buys can bump off Katarina. Five total can guarantee my choice of Draven or Vladimir. Although I'm not convinced any of these champions are that good anyway...I guess Vlad would give me more variety than Draven since I like the Shadow Isles aggro heroes better, but I don't see how Miss Fortune doesn't eat his lunch in the grand scheme of things.

Freljord: one to bump off Braum (who looks boring), and two more to bump off Tryndamere (how many copies of an 8-cost champion can you run?). That gives me a 50/50 on Ashe or Anivia for only three buys. (Anivia is probably not even good, but whatever, I like Anivia, sue me.)

For Ionia, you can bump off Yasuno and Shen for 5, giving me a 50/50 on Zed or Karma. A sixth could guarantee Karma (although Zed looks pretty good and cheaper to build around, so that's not necessarily smart).

Demacia: All these champions seem Fine; I might not even bother. Cutting Lux or Garen would be easy but I don't really see the need to (especially not Lux, since she looks the most interesting of the bunch). I dunno, I haven't read up on Demacia all that much. Quinn looks like a dud but I don't think you can pull her from the original track anyway?

Piltover and Zaun: Jinx seems like a trivial cut for 1. I'll probably cut Teemo as well for 4 just because, again, I'd rather my aggro investments go more towards Shadow Isle. 50/50 on Heimerdinger and Ezreal.

And then I'm just pretending Bilgewater doesn't exist for the time being because it's simpler that way.

That all seems pretty nice for only about two weeks' worth of banked resources. It takes me longer than that to convince my panicked hoarder brain to spend resources in these things anyway.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My level 22 Ionia Epic upgraded to a Lee Sin. Woot!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    That's one thing that's made all of this feel less annoying, I have gotten pretty lucky with upgrades to champions. At least one of my rare capsules has given me a champion, plus a couple of epics upgrading.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I feel like I am making at least six rounds as long as I draft 2-3 Neverglade Collectors. It just generates outrageous amounts of value.

I had six in my last deck, which I won my first expedition with.

I'm just trying to force Shadow Isles as often as I can.

The one I ended up winning with was:

1 Elise
    1 Kallista
    2 Lucien
    2 Barkbeast
    2 Hapless Aristocrat
    1 Ravenous Butcher
    2 Crawling Sensation
    2 Arachnoid Horror
    2 Vile Feast
    2 Cursed Keeper
    4 Glimpse Beyond
    2 Shark Chariot
    2 Blighted Caretaker
    2 Frenzied Skitterer
    2 Phantom Prankster
    1 Dawnspeaker
    1 Senna, Speaker of Light
    3 Grizzled Ranger
    1 Scribe of Sorrows
    1 Chronicler of Ruin
    5 Neverglade Collector
    2 Grasp of the Undying
    1 Swiftwing Lancer
    1 Brood Awakening
    2 Vengeance
    2 Scuttlegeist

I had a more midrangey one with Thresh and many many copies of the spells creating ephemeral creatures, but didn't quite get there.

The way they handle helping you make a more focused/tuned deck is smart, it makes it (and the games in Expedition) a lot more fun than just slapping decks together in Hearthstone.

Kelor on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I started playing this on Sunday. Seems very good and is fun! Enjoying not having to worry about spending money on things unless I just wanna buy specific wildcards.

The rules are also simple and familiar enough except for one thing I learned early on that I'm going to probably misplay once a week for a while. There is no step between attacking and defending in which spells can be played AND RESOLVE. This caught me trying to wait for a swing (from a guy who has fearsome), me with an atk pump in hand, trying to pump a weenie to be able to block it. Nope, nothin doing once they've swung.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I started playing this on Sunday. Seems very good and is fun! Enjoying not having to worry about spending money on things unless I just wanna buy specific wildcards.

The rules are also simple and familiar enough except for one thing I learned early on that I'm going to probably misplay once a week for a while. There is no step between attacking and defending in which spells can be played AND RESOLVE. This caught me trying to wait for a swing (from a guy who has fearsome), me with an atk pump in hand, trying to pump a weenie to be able to block it. Nope, nothin doing once they've swung.

If you have a Burst spell that buffs attack, you can do that. Burst spells resolve instantly, so you should be able to Burst the buff and then Block.

I think.

Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Went on a ridiculous run in the neighborhood of 8-0 to end up at 499 master

Played TF/Swain - https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/br39p0tbunq8v002u83g

and I don't even think that list is good - was just looking for something different - most the wins are just greedy decks letting me yoink cards I think

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options

If you have a Burst spell that buffs attack, you can do that. Burst spells resolve instantly, so you should be able to Burst the buff and then Block.

I think.

I WANT to say the one I had tried to do this with was a Burst? Like, I'm pretty sure it was the 3-cost +3/0 or 0/+3 one. But I could be misremembering!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    iCJEtXBh.png
    Ow, my balls

• Options
    Turn off the lights and maybe they'll think no one's home?

• Options
    I was on game three in my expedition how'm I fighting someone that had FIVE Puffcap Peddler?!

Still won, but FUCK.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Well, I got to 6-0 on my first trial, a few of those games really close.

And then in game 7 I got Deep before hitting one of my champions :sad:

EDIT: Used second trial to try out Teemo since I already had a six-win locked in. Got to 2. He's just..I mean you spend the entire game feeling like you're doing something, waiting for the payoff, and then you just die because you're too inefficient on board.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I go up to 11-2 with the Kalista/Sej Endure. This deck is gross. Four or five of those were just filthy scamjobs with Atrocity.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    I go up to 11-2 with the Kalista/Sej Endure. This deck is gross. Four or five of those were just filthy scamjobs with Atrocity.

Deck list?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »

Deck list?

CECACAQBAIBACAIDEIBQEBIBAQDAKAIFDYUCWMBRAEBACBIBDEAQGAIFA4FSA
    q566yxjitc1h.png

The Chronicler, Relic, and Butcher I am far from 100% with, but it's sometimes really key to get a sacrifice with a unit and not a spell or combat. The single Relic is there almost entirely for the scenario where I can level a Kalista for free off of it, which actually happens fairly frequently. Worst case it's late game and you can get it with a Collector on the board. Chronicler is fairly flexible and getting a Cursed Keeper with it has stabilized some pretty dire board states for me.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I was on game three in my expedition how'm I fighting someone that had FIVE Puffcap Peddler?!

Still won, but FUCK.

EDIT: Used second trial to try out Teemo since I already had a six-win locked in. Got to 2. He's just..I mean you spend the entire game feeling like you're doing something, waiting for the payoff, and then you just die because you're too inefficient on board.

I think you answer yourself

RickRude on
  • Options

I tried Teemo decks for awhile when I first started this game. They don't work for exactly the reason you say. They are just too inefficient. It takes so many resources to get the shroom thing going that you just die to the enemy punching you in the face 90% of the time. I really wish they'd do something about it.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Teemo has been my favourite thing about this game from the start. For a while it did seem like there was no way to really play him if you cared about winning.

But honestly that hasn't been true for a while. I got up to high-Diamond last season with Teemo-Draven aggro and I think could have made it to Masters if I didn't need to take a break from the game.

I just started playing ranked a little bit again last week, and have just about gotten through Gold with Teemo-Sejuani with I would guess a 7-1 record so far.

I'm not going to say Teemo is necessarily the absolute best or most reliable Champion in the game, but he's definitely playable even in ranked.

• Options
    edited June 2020

I tried Teemo decks for awhile when I first started this game. They don't work for exactly the reason you say. They are just too inefficient. It takes so many resources to get the shroom thing going that you just die to the enemy punching you in the face 90% of the time. I really wish they'd do something about it.

No...fuck that. Shrooms would have to be the epitome of uninteractive damage without counterplay while also being totally RNG. People complain about burn or elusives all the time and Teemo being good would be maybe the worst thing. If you're really dedicated you can play peddlers with the starlit seer and try to go off with small spells and trying to have a board, or the kinkou wayfinder jank, but I'm totally okay with shrooms/Teemo being dumpster tier.

Maybe if they changed it so it wasn't random but he placed a shroom on cards sequentially and then started at the beginning again? Or it could be random but wouldn't place on the same card until every card had one. Or if they put a deck cleanser in the game.

He's also fine in Burn where he's just a cheap evasive unit that gets you a little extra damage here and there, that's fine.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Does Deep counter shrooms? Like, if I toss a shroomed card?

• Options
    Does Deep counter shrooms? Like, if I toss a shroomed card?

Kinda the opposite. A tossed card doesn't activate the shrooms but any shrooms put in your deck after you go Deep are extra likely to land.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2020
    If you’re smart with shrooms you kinda wait to go off with a big peddler combo until their initial salvo of toss. NOT until they are deep, as you will likely lose before your shrooms do anything.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    tbf most deep decks are looking to win 1-2 turns after going deep so holding onto shroom cards waiting for it can be hit or miss. Nautilus will also shuffle cards back into the deck once he comes out

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    When cards that are Tossed, they are technically Obliterated, so any Popcaps are destroyed along with them. That should be changed in my opinion. I have no problem with Popcaps decks being mid to low tier, but a strong counter against Deep.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    When cards that are Tossed, they are technically Obliterated, so any Popcaps are destroyed along with them. That should be changed in my opinion. I have no problem with Popcaps decks being mid to low tier, but a strong counter against Deep.

Deep is already a mid tier deck so why go after it specifically?

• Options

BURN THEM ALL DOWN!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Deep has been doing pretty good since the nerfs to Burn. It's not top tier but it's not a ton below that afaik.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Deep Sea Monsters has been a pretty easy matchup for Teemo-Sejuani so far at least. The deck doesn't do much for many turns, giving lots of time to set up Mushrooms, buff units with Starlit Seer, and level up Sejuani.

And yeah it's quite funny to load up an almost empty deck with shrooms.

Regarding Teemo's power level, I think he's in a great spot. He can be good. But I wouldn't want him to be so good that everyone was using him. A lot of the fun of a card like Teemo is the semi-troll factor of winning with something that shouldn't be good. The randomness of shroom draws is a big part of it too.

• Options
    Rising up off the mat with double-digit exact lethal out of nowhere is so very very good.

• Options

Deep has been doing pretty good since the nerfs to Burn. It's not top tier but it's not a ton below that afaik.

It's not bad at all but I feel pretty safe in calling it b tier or tier 2 or whatever you want. It definitely doesn't need a viable deck that hard counters it, because then it would be right off the tier list.

• Options
    Man teemo sej is fucking annoying, I have just enough life to maybe pull out a win, when Avarosan Scout dies, I draw 1, it's a puffcap (I was a little prepared for that), but Sej levels, and now has one more power than I have chump block, and kills the last sliver of health I had left.