As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Canadian Politics] Take care. Listen to health authorities.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It's like an advent calendar of regional numbering.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I'm reasonably impressed with how co-operative we all are considering all the news coming from the US.

I had to quickly drop by the grocery store at lunch today (Didn't want to, but I'm out of carrots and I'm relying on them for snacks at the moment), and everyone was staying spread out, there were lines taped onto the floor at the grocery store for people to line up with 6 feet of separation, and an employee was making sure everyone used hand sanitizer when they came in.

Lots of people are working from home, the office here is keeping people who do come in spread out (I declined to WFH and it's not mandatory), and everyone just seems to be doing their best.

I feel like a lot more people are going to get sick, and the news will continue to be dismal, but we're going to come out of this okay. We're doing the right things.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I keep realizing after the fact that I end up doing things by habit that isn't following social distancing.

Like going to a washroom when there are already people in there and not waiting. Because I'm on autopilot and don't realize that, woops, I stood next to someone.

But work has alternated shifts and made sure that we are all using diagonally-adjacent cubicles so that nobody is directly next or across from someone anymore. So that's nice.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Jean wrote: »
    Québec is restricting movements to/from it's outter regions. Non essential travel will be stopped by the police

This affects regions 01, 02 , 08, 09 , 10 & 11 on the following map

05mewkmlsiqf.gif

Go home whoever numbered those, you're drunk.

Your comment made me wonder why the numbering is so odd.

It's because when the governement first divided Québec into regions, they went with 10 regions. The original regions kept their number in subsequent reforms.

Map from 1923

rrpy4iakp2ln.jpg

In 1987, the map was further divided into 16 regions. Centre du Québec was separated from Mauricie in 1997, increasing the region count to it's current 17.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    That 1923 map made me look up what's going on with Labrador in it.

It seems to show the "1 mile from high tide" mark that the Dominion of Canada proposed when it transferred Labrador to the Dominion of Newfoundland in 1809, and predates the 1927 English legal decision to set the border at the coastal water shed plus 52nd Parallel. Apparently this border being entrenched in the constitution was one of NL's demands when joining Confederation, but Quebec has never actually formally recognised it.

(And I guess sometimes even today Quebec sources will draw it differently - pushing the bottom border north of the 52nd Parallel.)

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    That 1923 map made me look up what's going on with Labrador in it.

It seems to show the "1 mile from high tide" mark that the Dominion of Canada proposed when it transferred Labrador to the Dominion of Newfoundland in 1809, and predates the 1927 English legal decision to set the border at the coastal water shed plus 52nd Parallel. Apparently this border being entrenched in the constitution was one of NL's demands when joining Confederation, but Quebec has never actually formally recognised it.

(And I guess sometimes even today Quebec sources will draw it differently - pushing the bottom border north of the 52nd Parallel.)

Yeah the Quebec-Labrador border continues to be a Thing

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options

Emma Graney is Globe and Mail

Wow, this sucks. Fuck off Kenney

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Sophie Trudeau is COVID free

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Went to superstore for groceries at 8:30 - parking lot full. YOU FUCKERS, THIS WAS MY IDEA! Produce, bread, dairy all fine. Meat aisle little ravaged, only prepack ground beef but lots and lots and LOTS of big trays of chicken, thighs, legs and breasts. Blanks filled in with prepack sausages and stuff to keep up appearances. Weiner section fairly barren. Canned goods section recovering, still lots of blank spots. Apple juice was back in full force, bought 4. Oh, didn't check baking aisle, was barren last time. While in line, dude was talking to the person behind me, "They don't have any ground beef...." Advised there was like, 30 lbs in prepack right beside the sausages. Saw him later, big smile on his face "Got it!".

Line up was to the back of the store and around the back section, had to play video games on my phone.

Forgot to get deodorant (uh oh) so stopped by a Shoppers; was on sale! Woohoo, saved like, $10 bucks on two. Spent $20 on cadbury mini eggs. D'oh! There go my gas savings.

Freshco earlier this week was looking good, I mean to drop by later today and pinch a whole chicken and do up a roast. Rice aisle was pretty ravaged; big ethnic crowd shops at that one. Wanted to buy the cool cloth sack of basmati rice, but just a rice amateur so bought a simple plastic bag. All their other stuff was back to normal though. Bought some yeast for a co worker, said she tried 3 places to make hot cross buns and couldn't find any - made me the hero of the day. She baked dog biscuits and dropped some off for our beagle on Saturday.

Pandemic status: Slightly inconvenienced.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I was pretty chill about all of this until yesterday morning, when I went to Save-On and many of the shelves were empty.

So I spent the day higher than the Pope’s tits.

This morning I went again and they had more stock. Better, but not great. I did see a couple scheming with two shopping carts that were nearly full, which annoyed me. But at least I’m not as anxious as yesterday.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    ShadowBladeShadowBlade Registered User regular
    Hi all. Constant lurker, rare poster, but I am hoping this is OK to share this here. As many wonderful things as our govt has done so far, it is so far from enough that it is terrifying to me, personally.
    https://youtu.be/6CxhKkdjlXY
    I am posting this all over the place hoping that it can get in front of the right people. I have already emailed it to everyone you can imagine, but maybe if it keeps coming from others more will be done. People are going to lose their businesses, their homes and more if something drastic is not done now.
    If this is not OK to post here, please delete it or ask me to and I will do so happily.
    If this is OK, please share it with anyone you think needs more help or anyone you think COULD help us and those like us.

Thank you.

Transcript of the video here:
    This message is, once again, to the Honorable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Premier Doug Ford, Finance Minister Bill Morneau, Governor Stephen Poloz, MP Bruce Stanton, MPP Jill Dunlop, Midland Mayor Stewart Strathearn and the entire Midland town council. I am copying my town council solely as I believe they are our front line in dealing with this as a community.
    We are being asked to weather a storm of which the duration cannot even be guessed at, let alone guaranteed in any way. Months is the closest we are getting to a timeline. We are being asked to seek shelter with the looming threat of that shelter being taken away. We are being asked to prepare to bail out our boats with our buckets replaced with Dixie cups. And we are being told to remain calm as those we've elected to protect us refuse to take enough action to provide anything remotely close to calm.
    This is now the second message I am sending out in regard to the effects of COVID19 on small businesses and families all across this country. Today I am addressing the leaders in every position of power from the local to provincial and from the Prime Minister himself to the leaders of each opposition party. I am also now going to add in any and all media representatives who this message reaches and specifically the leaders in this industry.
    I have tried to remain calm in all of this. I have tried to commend any step forward that has been taken, but I cannot remain calm any longer. I am furious and I am terrified.
    If total and complete measures will not be taken, notice that I said will not instead of cannot, then the message is clear from those in power. There are people that do not matter to these administrations across this nation. My wife, myself and our 2 young girls have fought battles only few can imagine to bring a dream to life. Our small business has seen ups and downs over the last 3 years and we have the bruises and the bronzes to back up all that we have invested in this. We have brought joy and play and celebrations to the town of Midland the likes of which it has not seen before. And now, after 3 years our government, at essentially every level, has told us, in no uncertain terms that we do not matter. As it stands now, as per my understanding, the ONLY support currently available to people anywhere near our situation requires one to have made a minimum of $5000 in the year. Personally. Not as a business. Any very small business owner at what can, accurately, be described as the “toddler stage” of a business can tell you that, as far as the books are concerned, you, the owners, will not have made any money from that business. Everything the business makes goes right back into it.
    We know of another local entrepreneur who literally lives above their place of business. Their home is intrinsically tied to that business’ well being. This is not an uncommon story and is not even as bad as this could get. For the moment, we are fortunate that I kept my day job, but, considering the state of the awards industry right now, that too is in extreme jeopardy. What will be done to protect US? I am not referring just to my family here. There are MILLIONS of Canadians in our exact position or worse. To keep our business operational between now and when we can open again will cost tens of thousands of dollars. For our business, personally, we have lost our 3 biggest months of the year. Feb, March & April make enough money to carry us though the summer. A vital thing to consider for an indoor business in a town full of beaches.
    Here, I would like to discuss Mr. Trudeau’s continual insistence on and references to loans: LOANS WILL NOT HELP US. LOANS NEVER HELP ANYONE in desperate situations. Yes, this entire scenario is the definition of desperate. As my business racks up thousands upon thousands of dollars of debt on top of the loan we are rightfully in the position of still paying now, if we would even qualify for a loan of any kind, in what way would that help us? The most generous loan, with any amount of money that could actually salvage our situation, could never realistically be paid back. If you have developed a plan and lack the resources to execute it, a loan can be wonderful thing. That is not where any of us are now.
    I am going to warn you now, this next part is not going to be nice, but it is going to be true. I get it, Mr. Prime Minister… Between the billion dollar banks and their corporate cousins, the oil executives and the media moguls, not to mention the constant need for appearances to our allies south of the border... I get it. You feel like you are in a no-win scenario here. Heck, even the political parties who represent your opposition are telling you that any step at all to help the majority of us will look bad on you. Or, perhaps they are even actively holding it against you. I get that pressure. I promise you though, from the very core of my being, that pressure is nothing compared to what millions of us are facing today. You will come out of this just fine. The banks and the billionaires and millionaires will come out of this just fine. Most of the political leaders will come out of this better than just about any of us. We will not. If action is not taken here, now, immediately, the millions of businesses lost will be the smallest price paid here. It will not be paid by you.
    I want to be crystal clear on this part, as difficult as it is to acknowledge… If my business cannot survive this event, it is not my Playcentre that concerns me most. People will lose their homes. People will lose access to vital health care. People will die. There will be deaths from this pandemic by those the virus never touched. As our leader, as all of our leaders, that responsibility lays with you and you all alone.
    We need the following announced IMMEDIATELY with no exceptions or caveats. These actions MUST run as long as necessary. 4 months is sickeningly short considering the damaged caused already:
    Direct payments must be made to any and all Canadians. If a means test is needed then it should be based on the high end. Not the low. Even then, making sure EVERY SINGLE CANADIAN can afford to keep their home, no matter the size of that home, that we can all eat, stay warm and stay in contact with each other, is VITAL to get this country back on track.
    All mortgages must be stopped. Barring that, arrangements should be made with the mortgage holders, not the home owners.
    If business leases cannot be protected on the leasee level, then protect the lease holders SOLEY on the condition that they must work with those leasing from them.
    Any and all loans at EVERY LEVEL must be stopped immediately. Again, if the those in debt cannot be protected then work with or even outright block the lenders from pursuing action.
    Pharma, Dental and Optical MUST be added to the National Health Care. This should have been done already. As peoples insurance disappears, this will be more vital than ever before.
    We must, as a nation stop trying to return to the way things were before this calamity. I say this as a very proud citizen, things were not good before. The way everything has fallen apart so quickly is proof enough that the way things were done before cannot be allowed to continue. We thought we lived in a bowl. We have been shown, what many have already know, that we actually live in a colander. Many are seeing the holes for the very first time.
    I am borrowing this from the internet, but it is a fitting summary of what I said above:
    Step 1: Devise and enact measures to ensure no one loses their homes or access to food, water, health care, education, and other necessary utilities during the pandemic.
    Step 2: Leave these measures in place indefinitely once the pandemic is over.
    If we cannot even strive toward this goal, and no, we have not been up to this point, not even a little then the next time something like this happens and there will be a next time, we are in far more trouble than we are now. In a country of 35 million people with 45 billionaires and 30 billion dollar companies, we have not been even looking in the direction of this goal. And if we are not, then please, tell me, tell us all, who is expendable? Are we? Someone else? That is the only other answer.
    No one blames the government for the virus. No one truly considering the ramifications think the decisions made and the financial implications of those decisions were done to harm anyone. Quite the opposite. I support every closure and delay this has required. At the end of the day though, these decisions are having severe consequences for real people. To continue down the path were on now with no guarantees that millions of us will be able to live at all when the dust settles, is grossly negligent. You are mixing the messages every day. You’re telling us to stay home and forcing our businesses to close and then you offer less that anyone could possibly need to survive such action does nothing but breed more panic.
    I will end this on one more analogy because they are fun. While we may not elect our parents, in this hierarchy of authority and responsibility, you, our representatives are like our parents, more accurately our guardians. We are like your children. No guardian would leave their kids in the unprecedented situation unfolding before us all. We would do everything within our power to protect them. Our houses and our health are being literally and directly threatened and you continue to tell many of us that you will only extinguish some of the flames. Many more of us, you are ignoring entirely. Please, do what has to be done for all of our families.

Thank you.
    Mike Hearn
    Owner
    Action Play Centre Inc.

This world needs a new philosophy. No more, "Could be worse..." I say SHOULD BE BETTER!
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I definitely hope the general public calm down a bit on the grocery hoarding soon. For the most part, it's actually a lot less dire than it looks, and it's more that most people have no concept of how supply and restocking works. If people are constantly making big runs on certain items, even with completely normal supply, that will lead to a lot of empty shelves.

It certainly doesn't help that the news loves showing footage of empty shelves with dramatic ominous music playing over. They should be making an effort to actually explain the situation, but in a depressingly predictable move, most are opting more for sensationalism and drama. They're being grossly irresponsible about it.

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I went out yesterday for groceries. Seems every week when I go, there is a different item that is getting cleared out. Last week was TP, flour, sugar. This week there was lots of that available but I could not find baking powder anywhere.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The Pope has notably unimpressive tits

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I definitely hope the general public calm down a bit on the grocery hoarding soon. For the most part, it's actually a lot less dire than it looks, and it's more that most people have no concept of how supply and restocking works. If people are constantly making big runs on certain items, even with completely normal supply, that will lead to a lot of empty shelves.

It certainly doesn't help that the news loves showing footage of empty shelves with dramatic ominous music playing over. They should be making an effort to actually explain the situation, but in a depressingly predictable move, most are opting more for sensationalism and drama. They're being grossly irresponsible about it.

It certainly isn't helping one avoid the urge to top off a bit more.

Like, it's going to be really frustrating if I make it another couple of weeks on what I have in home, go out for a substantial restock (as a bachelor, one package each of chicken and beef from Costco covers me for 3-4 weeks of dinners, I'm not talking major hording), I'm going to be really annoyed.

That said, I topped off in mid February and Costco was its usual packed shenanigans. Went again in mid March and... it was honestly kind of peaceful. Few people out, got into a line with 2 people ahead of me, frankly it was probably the calmest I've ever seen the place (though I've only been going monthly since December, so that's not saying much).

Honestly, I think that was more unnerving than it being rammed. But aside from a few things getting low, very little was truly out of stock, and hopefully that situation will improve as limits are placed on quantities per family/person and whatnot. That really should have been implemented immediately all over, but hopefully there's enough stuff in warehouses, in transit, in the production pipeline, that stocks replenish and we're all covered for our day to day needs.

I'll top off on a couple odds and ends this week, and likely hit a substantial replenish in 2 weeks or so, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. With this situation changing as it is, who knows what tomorrow will bring, let alone half a month away.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I don't really blame the stores. They implemented per-customer limits pretty quickly. It's just that they were already slammed and out of stock by then and that shit came on FAST. We went from "this is a bit worrying" news stories to full shutdown of schools in like a few days and customers went from "slightly busier then normal" to "doomsday prepper" between those events.

There's no reason for it to continue though so it should hopefully have already levelled off by now. Stock seems mostly fine round here except for flour (which is still out of stock, I suspect because they don't order new shipments that often because it's not normally a heavy mover) and meat (which is the first non-tp thing people started hoarding it seemed to me because it can be frozen). And both of those seem to be more an issue of people still trying to play catch up for all the times in the last 2 weeks they couldn't get any at all.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh, I'm not expecting to be living off a 40 pound bag of dog food anytime soon, but things seem to be finding a measure of equilibrium because there haven't been major supply chain disruptions.

Which isn't something we can assume will maintain for months.

Which isn't to say people are right to go full Doomsday prepper, but that we're holding up now isn't necessarily indicative of it being impossible to hit snags along the way.

We'll just have to see how it plays out week to week, and be prepared to back each other up if it becomes necessary (societally, but also as a community, because I've long held the at the Forums take care of their own to the best of their ability).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Went to superstore for groceries at 8:30 - parking lot full. YOU FUCKERS, THIS WAS MY IDEA! Produce, bread, dairy all fine. Meat aisle little ravaged, only prepack ground beef but lots and lots and LOTS of big trays of chicken, thighs, legs and breasts. Blanks filled in with prepack sausages and stuff to keep up appearances. Weiner section fairly barren. Canned goods section recovering, still lots of blank spots. Apple juice was back in full force, bought 4. Oh, didn't check baking aisle, was barren last time. While in line, dude was talking to the person behind me, "They don't have any ground beef...." Advised there was like, 30 lbs in prepack right beside the sausages. Saw him later, big smile on his face "Got it!".

Line up was to the back of the store and around the back section, had to play video games on my phone.

Forgot to get deodorant (uh oh) so stopped by a Shoppers; was on sale! Woohoo, saved like, $10 bucks on two. Spent $20 on cadbury mini eggs. D'oh! There go my gas savings.

Freshco earlier this week was looking good, I mean to drop by later today and pinch a whole chicken and do up a roast. Rice aisle was pretty ravaged; big ethnic crowd shops at that one. Wanted to buy the cool cloth sack of basmati rice, but just a rice amateur so bought a simple plastic bag. All their other stuff was back to normal though. Bought some yeast for a co worker, said she tried 3 places to make hot cross buns and couldn't find any - made me the hero of the day. She baked dog biscuits and dropped some off for our beagle on Saturday.

I am slightly annoyed that there is still no TP anywhere because spring is traditionally when I buy my one big package for the year and I am on track to run out somewhere in may/june most likely

Otherwise yeah groceries and supply stocks seem fine

• Options
    I hear Costco is still shenanigans for some items, but Freshco and Superstore appeared to have TP just fine. Lysol wipes are still pretty rare, but don't actually kill C19 so yeah, Clorox wipes do but are also rare I hear.

I did have to hit 3-4 places before I could find that giant bag of mini eggs tho!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

I am slightly annoyed that there is still no TP anywhere because spring is traditionally when I buy my one big package for the year and I am on track to run out somewhere in may/june most likely

Otherwise yeah groceries and supply stocks seem fine

My wife checked when this all started and we still have 1 whole CostCo TP package in the basement thank god. That'll run our house like 6 months.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I hear Costco is still shenanigans for some items, but Freshco and Superstore appeared to have TP just fine. Lysol wipes are still pretty rare, but don't actually kill C19 so yeah, Clorox wipes do but are also rare I hear.

I did have to hit 3-4 places before I could find that giant bag of mini eggs tho!

The one location of zehrs, shoppers & freshco that are right next door to each other I checked were all out. I figure it'll be back in stock eventually, it's not like people can keep hoarding it forever

Meanwhile mini-eggs as far as the eye can see. Not buying any though, I always pick up 3-4 of the big bags when the go on sale after easter

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Just happy there is not much price gouging going on.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Here's another map of Québec, this one from 2020. I don't think I need to translate.

odzgshsu461u.png

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I remember hearing an anecdote from former Newfoundland and Labrador premier Danny Williams. About how on more than one occasion, he and his delegation would be at an inter-provincial conference. The Quebec delegation would be presenting something and would put up a map that included a chunk of Labrador, with a member of the Newfoundland delegation quickly going and taking the map down.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    We just tried to buy a Nintendo Switch, speaking of price gouging.

Everywhere is out online, and most stores that would normally carry it are closed due to Pandemic- the stores that are open are out, even like Shopper's drug mart.

So our choices were: EBay for $200 markup or just get a switch lite. We went the Lite route. :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    We just tried to buy a Nintendo Switch, speaking of price gouging.

Everywhere is out online, and most stores that would normally carry it are closed due to Pandemic- the stores that are open are out, even like Shopper's drug mart.

So our choices were: EBay for $200 markup or just get a switch lite. We went the Lite route. :P
    Was randomly reading an article about that yesterday, actually. Apparently they were in short supply to begin with, and then the pandemic had people picking up indoor entertainment units at the same time that Animal Crossing dropped. It mentioned an optimistic restock for dock-able Switches would be May. If you can put up with a Lite, it sounds like a great workaround in the meantime.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    The Lite will be fine. We're looking at playing Zelda and *sigh* Pokemon for now, so I don't think the larger screen is super needed... would just be a nice option to have.

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    BotW on a big screen is kinda wonderful, TBH.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I think the part of BotW I enjoyed the most were the visuals. It's a tour de force of visual design. I played in on the WiiU, though.

• Options
    I remember hearing an anecdote from former Newfoundland and Labrador premier Danny Williams. About how on more than one occasion, he and his delegation would be at an inter-provincial conference. The Quebec delegation would be presenting something and would put up a map that included a chunk of Labrador, with a member of the Newfoundland delegation quickly going and taking the map down.

Yeah, as you can see in the map above, Quebec does not ackowledge the 1927 British Judicial Panel's ruling on the location of the border to this day. Any map of Quebec from the provincial government shows the border as above

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    I am enjoying this lady's discovery of politics and current events journey, so I hope you don't mind if I share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DliEXHGiZA

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    So, got some good news from the parents yesterday, as they both tested out COVID-19 negative. They had been down here in Austin for my kids birthday, but went home to Nova Scotia early because of the impending travel restrictions. Apparently they both came down with a cold, and it really scared them.

• Options
    I'd wait for the regular switch to come back into stock. It's pretty great to have the option to play on a proper screen.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I've had a switch since launch, I've never once played it in handheld mode lol

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »

I mostly play in docked mode these days, but I also spent most of last year solely playing it in handheld mode while travelling. It's super useful to have both

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

I mostly play in docked mode these days, but I also spent most of last year solely playing it in handheld mode while travelling. It's super useful to have both

It's also super useful for an 8yo who has been banned from screen time until he does his homework to swipe it when you are not looking and hide in his closet playing Mario Party. :razz:

Sometimes I don't know whether to punish him or be proud of him.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    EDIT: MANITOBA government ordering nonessential services to shut down from the 1st until at least the 14th.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    There are 148 confirmed cases in Newfoundland. 111 (including one death) are related to a single person who attended a funeral after returning home from travel.

From VOCM, March 22, 2020:
    Caul’s Funeral Home is advising the public after someone who attended two visitations and/or funeral services has since tested positive for COVID-19.

In a statement, the funeral home says they were contacted by the Department of Health at 1:00 p.m. today to inform them that a person who tested positive for COVID-19 attended the visitations and/or funerals for the late Shannon Fleming and the late Edward Tobin at Caul’s Funeral Home on LeMarchant Road.

It happened at some point on Sunday, March 15th, Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17th.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Pay parking suspended at BC hospitals during this. huzzah! Hospital parking is a disgrace as it is, but apparently hospital workers were coming off shift and finding tickets.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »

It's also super useful for an 8yo who has been banned from screen time until he does his homework to swipe it when you are not looking and hide in his closet playing Mario Party. :razz:

Sometimes I don't know whether to punish him or be proud of him.
    My girlfriend’s son has a switch and apparently the parental controls baked into it are pretty robust

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski