As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KRANCH [bad food]

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Chip butty with other ingredients is missing the point of the chip butty, imo, which is to load you up with carbs and fat while being the least palate-challenging thing imaginable.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    There is a burrito place here that does a philly cheesesteak burrito with fries rolled into it. It is very tasty and very bad for you.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Chip butty with other ingredients is missing the point of the chip butty, imo, which is to load you up with carbs and fat while being the least palate-challenging thing imaginable.

Two slices of plain white bread and a shitload of chips jammed in the middle is the entire recipe.

Bread, and deep-fried potato.

Anything else is a bastardisation.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Friday, the office is having a "Dip Potluck", we bring our favorite dip and chips, best dip wins a $15 Amazon card.
    Suggest me a dip that's easy to make and delicious?
    I was thinking something sweet, with apples or vanilla wafers to go with it, since savory dips will almost certainly be covered.
    Found some interesting looking recipes for no-bake cheesecake dips which look tasty (and easy).

Help me bad food thread, you're my only hope.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    I ignored them all and made this cheesecake dip, with a raspberry glaze topping instead of the suggested mix ins. Served it with vanilla wafers, graham crackers and pretzels (that salty/sweet thing was really tasty).
    I got enough votes to win first, and (even better) an empty dish so I don't have to consume a half pound of sugary cream cheese for dinner.

Sadly, I didn't get any photos before it was demolished.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I would like to dip a chip butty into a nice cheese sauce.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Two slices of plain white bread and a shitload of chips jammed in the middle is the entire recipe.

sorry, but that's
    (I can't believe I'm saying this)
    too plain for me.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I get the two cheeseburger meal at McD's and stuff them with the fries. Also when I sausage egg McMuffins and put their hash browns inside.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    seems like it's time for my quarterly "there should be fries in your gyro" post

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Oh, I love some fries on my burg

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    seems like it's time for my quarterly "there should be fries in your gyro" post

To the tune of "Guantanamera".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

sorry, but that's
    (I can't believe I'm saying this)
    too plain for me.

Well you're allowed salt & pepper, obviously.

Vinegar as well.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

also butter

it's in the name

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Knowing you've been to Pittsburgh I find this hurtful

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's not tynic's fault that Primanti Bros. ruin a great idea with giant slices of shitty tomato and cole slaw, the worst food in existence.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    It's not tynic's fault that Primanti Bros. ruin a great idea with giant slices of shitty tomato and cole slaw, the worst food in existence.

We put them in salad too! Its a versatile ingredient!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    primanti brothers burn in hell

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Full disclosure I've never eaten at Pirmanti brothers. I just put French fries on sandwiches because it is the right thing to do

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Full disclosure I've never eaten at Pirmanti brothers. I just put French fries on sandwiches because it is the right thing to do

You aren't missing much.

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    There are all sorts of villains out there getting way too fancy and putting weird shit on pizza in a desperate bid to make it artisanal.

If feta and roast butternut squash/pumpkin on pizza is wrong, I don’t want to be right.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    That 30 kinds of lays chips video, he says he found all those types from just 2 stores. I wished the stores around me had that much variety.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

You aren't missing much.

Lies and balderdash. I had it once while in the Burgh and still crave it from time to time.

Slaw is indeed bad but theirs was the first I ever enjoyed.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I decided to get McDonald's tonight and the cashier asked me if I wanted my quarter pounder rare or well done?? And she was not joking???

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

I like butter and ketchup

and chicken salt

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I decided to get McDonald's tonight and the cashier asked me if I wanted my quarter pounder rare or well done?? And she was not joking???

I don't want anything from McDonald's served rare

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You call over 99 billion served rare??

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's an uncommon, at most.

Hey, speaking of fast-food burgers... Today I have discovered that a double Dave's burger from Wendy's, when combined with large fries and a large drink, is entirely too much food. That or it's the drinking of the very cold water in addition that is causing my bellyache.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    You call over 99 billion served rare??

CHICO.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Yeah, it's an uncommon, at most.

Hey, speaking of fast-food burgers... Today I have discovered that a double Dave's burger from Wendy's, when combined with large fries and a large drink, is entirely too much food. That or it's the drinking of the very cold water in addition that is causing my bellyache.

Weak
    But then I have not had fast food since Sept.
    I had a rather filling pork taco monster thing we had for dinner [because of the lack of funds and how I keep getting jerked around by the state over my tax money as well as Wal mart offered me the job yet has not followed though with orientation.} I just eat pork shoulder as the only meat I have had since Sept
    About 2 hours after eating I took a massive dump that I felt would have better if I went to Wal mart and clogged thier toliets as it was massive and a brick. I sat playing wow while my guts reset which was not pleasent

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Banned German Ninja Turtles Commercial 0:26
    https://youtu.be/jC3pGcRHeQ0

Youtube wants me to watch this for some reason
    edit: No I posted this in the right thread

Peas on
  • Options
    I don't wanna brag or nothing, Bad Food Thread

but it's 1am and I have a small plate of prunes and astronaut ice cream.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It requires butter, but otherwise yes. Chip butty purity.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

Real astronaut pieces or just astronaut "flavour"?

• Options
    V1m wrote: »

Real astronaut pieces or just astronaut "flavour"?

I sure hope astronauts don't taste like this.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

But I don’t give a fuck about chip butties or whatever white people nonsense they got goin’ on in Britain, land of the hidden sun.

I want French fries and cheese on bread.

Call it a chip cheesy or whatever you want, I don’t care.

Edit: we’ll call it the Rob Stevenson after the famous Scottish novelist, apropos of nothing except to stick it to the English, boom.

sarukun on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey sarukun, how about a french fries in a hom bao?

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hey sarukun, how about a french fries in a hom bao?

Look, you buy any large loaf of white bread. You hollow it out. You stuff it with a 50/50 mix of fries and butter.

Congrats, you've got yourself a dumpling.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    50/50? blurrrgh...

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    You can go higher on butter if you really must, Zoom, but that's a bit excessive. Most cooks tap out at a 50/50 butter/potato mix when doing mash, for example, but you are the Edgar Allan Poe of a gross Potato (mix).

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    One stick of butter for each potato is too much butter. :bigfrown:

This discussion has been closed.