As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Basically, if tonight goes south, kill 38th with the vote

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    coin flip on tomorrow being a cluster, and we lost the vig (if my count is right).

How? I wasn't voted for at all

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Nope, I lose by 1

Correct, i missed Sir Fab's update.

• Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    coin flip on tomorrow being a cluster, and we lost the vig (if my count is right).

How? I wasn't voted for at all

The person who ties dies along with a random winner. I thought you had tied it (you didn't unless there's vote manip in which case, hold on to your butts!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Mama you're safe, JPants thought you'd be dead for tieing, but he missed Sir Fab voting for me.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Two games in a row and I've been voted out despite being village. Triumphant return, eh?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Two games in a row and I've been voted out despite being village. Triumphant return, eh?

To be fair I don't like the vote for you. <3 Sorry :(

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm just frustrated because I feel like I'm playing way worse than I used to.But it's mostly been due to things outside my control.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I'm just frustrated because I feel like I'm playing way worse than I used to.But it's mostly been due to things outside my control.

Being voted out as village doesn't mean you are playing poorly. Especially in a game full of misinformation like this

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    target ZombieHero

why

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    If you really are legit village I apologize, but at least we will have Sir Fab dead to rights, and confirmation that the role can be bus driven.

• Options
    Well, since I'm apparently dead. I should be green.

Janie.

Steam
  • Options
    I just don't understand why we didn't Test Sir Fab over the person in our network.

Steam
  • Options
    I just don't understand why we didn't Test Sir Fab over the person in our network.

I’m not convinced the questioning action can be bus driven is what it boils down to for me.

• Options
    target ZombieHero

why

Honestly I counted wrong(and mis-read vote counts) and thought Sir Fab would have the vote and just had a bad feeling.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    If they could fake out your questioning Sir Fab, then they can fake out who has what role.

I don't think they can do either. No one yet has mentioned death results not matching Seer results. Mess with alignment sure but role? that doesn't even make sense. I question Lukey but the mafia makes me think i questioned Sallly Ann? How would that even work (not a real action/results, just an example).
    And if they can change seer role results, and role death results, and mess with your alignment on death, with us having NO WAY to verify, how the hell are we supposed to win this game even?

Please listen to me. I am Penelope, I am village. There's a good chance that might not be what the narration shows, because it would be suicide for the mafia (with only 1 maybe 2 players left) to try this if they can't tamper with the narration. More likely they can, and some of the previous 4 were village. If I'm right, then JPants is probably right that the game is kind of hopeless and if that's the case then maybe you should consider a protest.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I’m 100% on board with mafia being able to change alignment in narration and 0% on board with them being able to change someone’s role in narration.

• Options
    Gotta do some homework for a bit but I’ll check in for results periodically.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    After what had been an almost entirely successful day, the village was ready to finally put the conspiracy to bed. They had spent more than a week gathering evidence, questioning their neighbors, and investigating their friends. They had narrowed down their list to just a few remaining suspects, and they were ready to present their evidence to Shave. After spending all of this time, the villagers felt like they were closer than ever before to bringing Charlie’s killers to justice.

And yet, the disappearance of villagers continued unabated. This time it was the Butcher, whose shop curiously remained dark when the day dawned. Until that point, he had been an active participant in the hunt for Charlie’s killers. But now, he was nowhere to be found, and to some it was like he had never even existed in the first place. It was just another toll that had been taken on the village in the wake of Charlie’s killing.

Meanwhile, over the past week Shave’s five o’clock shadow had started to become more beard-like in nature. His posture had become noticeably worse, and his hair had become matted in places. But he remained at his place at the far end of the meeting hall. The search for Charlie’s murderers had clearly taken its toll on the man, but anyone who looked into his eyes could see that his resolve had not yet begun to waiver. As proof of that, the Golden Fiddle remained in front of Shave at all times, a reminder of the task that they had all been given, and that Shave’s mission had been blessed by the Son himself.

Night fell, and the village gathered in the meeting hall. They were prepared to present their evidence to Shave, and they were confident that they had found another member of the conspiracy. Perhaps even the last member. The villagers conferred in the back of the hall, discussed their individual investigations, and compared their notes one last time. Once everything had been laid out, they silently nodded at each other. All at once, four of them reached out and grabbed Penelope by the arms. They swiftly dragged her to the front of the room and then brought her to her knees.

The entire time Penelope protested her innocence. She struggled against those who claimed she was guilty, but she was just one person, and the village had decided that justice needed to be doled out. When she finally came face to face with Shave, she could not hold back her anger and contempt.

“We’ve spent a week in search of justice for a horse!” she cried. “And I joined you. I spied on my friends and neighbors. I watched as Shave exacted his revenge--and it was revenge--against those who wronged Charlie. I let that happen, because of some claimed conspiracy. And now that you’ve run out of suspects, you turn on me? Someone who has done nothing but help this entire time? This whole thing has gotten out of control. How many more people have to die? Surely you can see that you’re all making a mistake, and not for the first time. I’m asking you not to do this. Because if you do, know that you’ll regret this.”

Shave stood up, the Golden Fiddle. “Passionate words, delivered well,” he said. “But surely you can see that there actually was a conspiracy. And surely you can see that our investigations have been successful so far. So you’ll pardon me if I don’t take your pleas seriously. If you are innocent, then I’m sorry. I can only hope that the Trinity will take mercy on us for our mistakes.”

Shave drew his bow across the Golden Fiddle. A low note filled the meeting hall, and Penelope faded to nothing, claiming her innocence until she was gone.

The Dead
    H3Knuckles - Penelope
    MamaWolf - The Butcher

• Options
    SirFab

• Options
    edited November 2019
    oh shit, bank error in my favor

Edi:T except for, you know, being down the village vig

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    does this mean Sir Fab is mafia or 38th?

Steam
  • Options
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Lol

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options

it clears 38th and heavily implicates Sir Fab. I can't see why mafia would bus drive between 2 villagers.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    All PMs are out.

Day 7 begins, and will end at 9pm EST tomorrow.

• Options
    Sir Fab then

Steam
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

WhyNotBoth.gif

Sir Fab

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I see the reasoning for sir fab, but 38thdoe is the one of the two where I've received a red result from someone that I've personally confirmed, so

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options

it clears 38th and heavily implicates Sir Fab. I can't see why mafia would bus drive between 2 villagers.

Explain please because 38th feels real mafia to me

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Explain please because 38th feels real mafia to me

H3K checked Mary Mac night one and Blue saw 38th = Mary Mac. Obviously it could have been messed with so additional verification is needed.

• Options
    Actually, now that there is proof of a bus driver.... I'm not sure I believe anyone's innocence based on results. Especially not replicated results.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    hahahahaha HOLY SHIT

i questioned sir fab last night and uh sir fab came back as Penelope

burn Sir Fabulous to the ground

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well that was unexpected.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    That's crazy cause I questioned H3K last night (forgot to update orders) and got Penelope also. So maybe it's not a bus driver but instead Sir Fab can make himself look like whoever he wants?

• Options
    Is there any reason to NOT just have everyone claim their role right now? If we had done that yesterday (if I had spoke up earlier we might have thats on me) things could have gone differently maybe. We've only got 8 people left so far. If we do that 2 people can seer one person fully each night (one questions and one investigates). Any bus driving will get noticed when the persona comes back wrong.

I'll start, I'm Jack Hinks, I know at least ZH can verify that and it's what i've claimed since Day 1.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Mari Mac also claimed since Day 1.
    I did not take place in the first battle of the ironclads.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Sally Ann someone upthread, I think Lucedes checked this previously and announced in thead, and someone else in thread stated they checked Sally Ann and I came back village.

I will also verify I investigated Jack Hinks on night 1 (and again a couple nights ago to verify the N1 one wasn’t incorrect) and he came back green. JPants claimed the role to me day 2 and I validated this a three days ago as well

LostNinja on
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

@shalmelo is this the role you investigated and got a red result?

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

shalmelo is this the role you investigated and got a red result?
    ObiFett wrote: »
    FWIW, 38thdoe has been seered as a green role

And, fwiw, 38th was the one seered mafia by me last night. I questioned them two nights ago, then investigated that role last night. The role came up mafia.

Based on the story just told by H3, I'm inclined to believe my result was correct and the one found the first night was incorrect, since it's clear 38th would've known that seer was coming and could've prepared or used a power.

Pile that on top of 38th asking to be vigged instead of voted out (in a game where busdrivers likely exist!) and 38th is too suspicious for me.